Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage (30583 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage / Topics To Discuss While Talking To A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 12:46am On May 22, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I hate this phrase and its various forms.[/size]

But do you agree with my list?

1 Like

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by DollyParton1(f): 12:49am On May 22, 2013
SELFWORTH: All these unrealistic expectations about marriage will only lead to the divorce court. A million questions like these cannot prepare you for it.

There are no guarantees in life including marriage. People change, season comes and goes. Each new day is dipped in the mystery of God that no human being can ever plan for.

Wisdom is the principal thing. Only the grace of God can sustain a marriage.

You are right, but wisdom as the principal thing is not ignoring the very basic foundation/core of dwelling together.

Dont tell me you need God to tell you if ur husband or wife desires to have kids or not.
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by DollyParton1(f): 12:51am On May 22, 2013
babyosisi:

But do you agree with my list?

You dont agree with the list
Need I say these are the little issues that pulls a family apart, when its not well addressed.

2 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 12:58am On May 22, 2013
Those are reasons that lead to too much divorce. angry

1 Like

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Decryptor(m): 1:03am On May 22, 2013
KingPradas: This your list is copy and paste from

http://www.bubblews.com/news/153822-20-things-to-discuss-with-him-before-marriage

Come one show some originality.
Plagiarism @ work! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Decryptor(m): 1:06am On May 22, 2013
babyosisi: The list above is for Oyibo
Nigerian women have a separate list and as God will have it,our list is shorter too grin

Here it goes

1, Can you pay the bride price in my village and cater for me financially? Oh yes we want to know ,

2.when are you changing that beat up car to a berra jeep,please don't carry that thing to enter my father's compound I take God beg you ..before nko,the people riding jeeps,do they have two heads

3. Can you afford my trips to America to deliver our babies? E he nau ,Ifeoma and Adeola went to America to born pikin ,will my own be different

4. I ji kwa ego Dubai? I hope you have money for Dubai.if not biko tell me now now let me find my will of God,if it is not you.

5. I am doing my wedding shopping in London.,everything down to pant will be imported ..i have said my own

6. Is your mother still alive? For how long?i hope she is not planning to visit biko if she happens to be alive

7. After the igbankwu and Society wedding,will there still be plenty money left?oh yes,na love I go chop?

8. Is there impotence in your lineage?i want you to answer whenever I call so tell me let me know how to hazhie my life and pattern my future
Spinsterhood will forever be your portion in Jesus Name...Amen
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by 50calibre(m): 1:07am On May 22, 2013
Nigerian women have a separate list and as God will have it,our list is shorter too grin

Here it goes

1, Can you pay the bride price in my village and cater for me financially? Oh yes we want to know ,

2.when are you changing that beat up car to a berra jeep,please don't carry that thing to enter my father's compound I take God beg you ..before nko,the people riding jeeps,do they have two heads

3. Can you afford my trips to America to deliver our babies? E he nau ,Ifeoma and Adeola went to America to born pikin ,will my own be different

4. I ji kwa ego Dubai? I hope you have money for Dubai.if not biko tell me now now let me find my will of God,if it is not you.

5. I am doing my wedding shopping in London.,everything down to pant will be imported ..i have said my own

6. Is your mother still alive? For how long?i hope she is not planning to visit biko if she happens to be alive

7. After the igbankwu and Society wedding,will there still be plenty money left?oh yes,na love I go chop?

8. Is there impotence in your lineage?i want you to answer whenever I call so tell me let me know how to hazhie my life and pattern my future

Amazing insight, you are absolutely spot on. I think you should write a book on Nigerian women, I would buy.

3 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by 50calibre(m): 1:10am On May 22, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Sometimes I wonder what our mothers would think if they read posts from their sons on this section. Some ears and left legs will be comoted with cutlass, I can assure.

@OP, thanks for the list! You'd be surprised as to how many people get married and don't even know their spouses! Some people divorce because "she doesn't want children and I do" or "we have different career goals". It makes you wonder what exactly they were discussing during courtship and engagement. Common sense truly isn't common.[/size]

You yourself, do you know your husband sexkillz very well? Do you know he is intimidating me everywhere?
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by DollyParton1(f): 1:11am On May 22, 2013

Here it goes

You are one of the many reasons Nigerian girls are no longer respected by the opposite gender. Mtcheew!!!

6 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 1:17am On May 22, 2013
50calibre: You yourself, do you know your husband sexkillz very well? Do you know he is intimidating me everywhere?

[size=13pt]When did I get married?[/size]
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 1:19am On May 22, 2013
babyosisi: But do you agree with my list?

[size=13pt]I'll assume this is a rhetorical question. wink[/size]
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 1:24am On May 22, 2013
How many babies, that's all
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by aaidel(m): 1:33am On May 22, 2013
by the time all this is discussed they will realize they dont want to be married anymore
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 1:38am On May 22, 2013
The list is making sense. Sometimes, I wonder when some peeps come on the family section to start complaining about some things. I just feel like what on earth were they discussing when they were courting Almost all of those things on the list needs to be addressed before marriage. Even if he/she changes, at least, the conscience of the erring party would be there to judge. That would be a different scenario from "You didn't tell me this is what you want".

4 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by jeffizy(m): 1:58am On May 22, 2013
Sike: What will be will surely be. Questions or no question.
Don't leave your future to chances. You got to take control.
Your position may be ok in a teenage/college relationship, but never for a relationship that is headed for marriage.

Wonderful topic.

1 Like

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by adconline(m): 2:09am On May 22, 2013

Here it goes

Lol.. Got choked up laughing!! Are u really a woman for real?

2 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Brilliance9000: 2:19am On May 22, 2013

Here it goes

This young lady just vindicated my post...MONEY, MONEY,MONEY!
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 2:54am On May 22, 2013
'mide eniafe:
Huh?! undecided

Who the hell is this guy? You having an unhappy marriage with your so called Nigerian lady doesn't mean you should tag all Nigerian ladies with all those vices you listed. How many 9ja girls did you get married to? Huh?

You're making it seem like no one can be happily married with a Nigerian girl. #sighs# I don tire o. Nigerians babes this, Nigerian babes that.
Dnt mind him. The problem with some Naija men is that they think they are the be all and end all. Some Nigerian women are fed up with all the bs and dictatorship attutide and behavior some men display. This is why some nigerian women are branching out as there are other options such as other african blk men, white, asian etc who will appreciate us more. Let him go for his and we are also going for ours.

1 Like

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 3:11am On May 22, 2013
Some people actually took my list seriously
grin grin grin
Can't believe it

5 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 3:12am On May 22, 2013
adconline:

Lol.. Got choked up laughing!! Are u really a woman for real?

I'm glad I made you laugh.
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 3:25am On May 22, 2013
Well, these might work. But they may not work. Theories hardly work when it comes to marriage. The only thing that work is love. Even, if ur spouse alter some of ur decisions u may not notice again. Humans are different ball game, and all these theories may not work. Nigerian girls are different ball games themselves, as the only thing most of them know is money. I have seen too many marriages crash just because the guys go broke.

1 Like

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Visocrate(m): 3:40am On May 22, 2013
OK MAKE TIME COME FIRST
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by yamunla(m): 3:47am On May 22, 2013
Brilliance9000: [b]You would only have to discuss all these, particularly number 2( MONEY) if you are looking to marry a Nigerian woman(most in my judgment love money more than their husbands, children and themselves...very sickening)....very arrogant, selfish, coterie of people. Do yourself a huge favor and marry yourself a white or other women besides Nigerian women. Most of these women besides Nigerian, already know all these and know how to treat their men. Don't start up debate with me, because I have been there; married a sister(Nigerian); was unhappy for years as with most of my friends(educated...doctors, engineers, lawyers) until we all set to try something different...non Nigerian women. WE ALL FOUND HAPPINESS AND HAVE WONDERFUL FAMILY. The common denominator is that these women have a different upbringing and approach to life.Money is never an issue with them...NEVER, even if you have it in abundance. It means virtually nothing to them.

THIS TREND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL NIGERIAN WOMEN LEARN TO STOP BEING ARROGANT AND MONEY HUNGRY. You can never win arrogance with a man...never except he is a weak man. He will rather, win it, leave you/divorce, or kill you. He is a man for a reason. The best you can do is to bring your demure, womanly, soft-spoken side....believe me, 99% of guys will listen and have a dialogue with you like a princess. [/b]
brilliant dude.
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by yamunla(m): 3:58am On May 22, 2013
Decryptor: Spinsterhood will forever be your portion in Jesus Name...Amen
see SWEAR..
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by akinnux(m): 4:07am On May 22, 2013
SELFWORTH: All these unrealistic expectations about marriage will only lead to the divorce court. A million questions like these cannot prepare you for it.

There are no guarantees in life including marriage. People change, season comes and goes. Each new day is dipped in the mystery of God that no human being can ever plan for.

Wisdom is the principal thing. Only the grace of God can sustain a marriage.

I quite share your view. The fact is marriage is a different ball game, anything discussed outside it is subject to review and change when the realities of life begin to dawn on the couple. Like you said, it is only the grace of God that can sustain marriage and nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by maximunimpact(m): 4:45am On May 22, 2013
KingPradas: This your list is copy and paste from

http://www.bubblews.com/news/153822-20-things-to-discuss-with-him-before-marriage

Come one show some originality.

Y dnt u show some originality by opening ur eyes wide enof 2 c dat he gave us d source. Or beta still give anoda idea. Dnt be a sadist!
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by ikokidesam(m): 5:36am On May 22, 2013
All i no mariage is like educatn dat u can't graduate frm sometime u hv caring over, missing scrip or fall ;DAll i no mariage is like educatn dat u can't graduate frm sometime u hv caring over, missing scrip or fall
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 5:49am On May 22, 2013
Brilliance9000: [b]You would only have to discuss all these, particularly number 2( MONEY) if you are looking to marry a Nigerian woman(most in my judgment love money more than their husbands, children and themselves...very sickening)....very arrogant, selfish, coterie of people. Do yourself a huge favor and marry yourself a white or other women besides Nigerian women. Most of these women besides Nigerian, already know all these and know how to treat their men. Don't start up debate with me, because I have been there; married a sister(Nigerian); was unhappy for years as with most of my friends(educated...doctors, engineers, lawyers) until we all set to try something different...non Nigerian women. WE ALL FOUND HAPPINESS AND HAVE WONDERFUL FAMILY. The common denominator is that these women have a different upbringing and approach to life.Money is never an issue with them...NEVER, even if you have it in abundance. It means virtually nothing to them.

THIS TREND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL NIGERIAN WOMEN LEARN TO STOP BEING ARROGANT AND MONEY HUNGRY. You can never win arrogance with a man...never except he is a weak man. He will rather, win it, leave you/divorce, or kill you. He is a man for a reason. The best you can do is to bring your demure, womanly, soft-spoken side....believe me, 99% of guys will listen and have a dialogue with you like a princess. [/b]
WOW that's a bit harsh, yeah you do have a point some women are like that, but i believe in Individuality,she just happened to be Nigerian, i think such character is not associated with any nation or so,but the individuality themselves. also about your experience cry

3 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by sammynaijaguy(m): 5:58am On May 22, 2013
Nice tips
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by luvbeloved(m): 6:07am On May 22, 2013
If geh(girl) begin axe(ask) me this kwesions(quetions).....my thoughts will go thus..."Dis geh na sabi sabi and trouble maker"...
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by imsuboi(m): 6:11am On May 22, 2013

Here it goes

Your post reeks of materialism.. #spits#
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:18am On May 22, 2013
So we have to give ourselves guarantees like lawyers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Married But I Want To Help My Ex Financially / Jilted Man Destroys His Iphone 7 After He Got Drunk (Video) / Beautiful Pre Wedding Photos Of Young Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.