Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again (26669 Views)

Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment / Unknown Militiamen Attack Village In Kaduna / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Born2beRich1(m): 3:57pm On May 22, 2013
maclatunji:

A governor does not control troops not even the police in Nigeria. Those policemen killed by the so-called Ombatse are under GEJ's brief. If the same group kills thereafter, every single soul that drops without appropriate action to stop them is on GEJ's account.

People like you do not know what leadership is all about and keep shifting goal posts to suit mediocrity. People like me had been calling for stern action against terrorism from the first bombing under GEJ's watch on October 1, 2010. It took a threat to GEJ's position via anarchy before he took action after several thousands of people had been killed.

Is that what leadership is about to you? #Shame

Bros the topic reads ombatse militia men attacks fulani herdsman so dont mix up the state of emergency issue with it...

GEJ does not have any business with this but it is the governor's responsibility to take any drastic actions in order to reduce casualities in a state..

Take for example, Delta state governor of recent banned entry of fulani herdsmen from entry into the state because of the constant killing, fighting, rape and abuse of the citizens in the state by fulani herdsmen...GEJ didnt have to say anything before uduaghan made his step of action..

So it is left for the governor of that state to make his decision towards Ombatse and the fulani situation...

I am not a GEJ activist but we should learn to remove sentiments in crutial issues.

8 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by volalek: 3:59pm On May 22, 2013
Violence only begets violence.soon,d ombatse ppl may b a cause of worry to the entire country.note dat the herdsmen dn't 4give easily so there could b reprisal attacks

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Born2beRich1(m): 4:00pm On May 22, 2013
Ola Johnson:
He has a lot of power given to him by the constitution. It shouldn't be used only in regulating the aviation sector to deter which person enters a private jet, and when it takes off.

Bros, read my post above for further understanding...
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by caesaraba(m): 4:04pm On May 22, 2013
volalek: note dat the herdsmen dn't 4give easily so there could b reprisal attacks

Which reprisals again? The Fulanis have been constantly attacking and sacking villages in those areas for a long time now. Nobody dy fear any reprisal joor. It's the Ombatse attack that is actually a reprisal.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Bifam30(m): 4:05pm On May 22, 2013
pathetic as the turn of recent events especially in the NORTH! kind of like the HUNTER now being the HAUNTED! Naija and its complexity (we r never afar from drama) BUT the honest truth is which country truly IS? Let all pray and work towards the best for our society and COUNTRY @ large.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by maclatunji: 4:05pm On May 22, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

Bros the topic reads ombatse militia men attacks fulani herdsman so dont mix up the state of emergency issue with it...

GEJ does not have any business with this but it is the governor's responsibility to take any drastic actions in order to reduce casualities in a state..

Take for example, Delta state governor of recent banned entry of fulani herdsmen from entry into the state because of the constant killing, fighting, rape and abuse of the citizens in the state...GEJ didnt have to say anything before uduaghan made his step of action..

So it is left for the governor of that state to make his decision towards Ombatse and the fulani situation...

I am not a GEJ activist but we should learn to remove sentiments in crutial issues.

@bolded, your ignorance on the matter is obvious, no need to debate with you.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by maclatunji: 4:07pm On May 22, 2013
sam4xadams:
U right dude but have u for once help tell ur bro to stop stepping on people's farm or what u think?

Whose bro.? Address the issues and stop looking for "brethren" out of every matter. Tribalism and bigotry will get you no where good.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Feedmemore(f): 4:07pm On May 22, 2013
Hmmm...the fulani's have met thier match.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by docadams: 4:09pm On May 22, 2013
begwong:

"The doctrines of Omba'atse are according to our common deity Azhili, which go hand in hand with those of the Bible and the Holy Quran. Principal among them are that one must be holy, should not steal, should not commit adulatory, among other vices."
Thank u for d enlightment. I am considering joining the group having perused some of the requirements. Please which one is ' should not commit adulatory'? Or do u mean adultery? What of fornication? I know African religion calls the later concubinage(which is allowed) not fornication(which is frightening).
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by hotmas911(m): 4:50pm On May 22, 2013
betrani: This is so wrong! Grazin on farmlands isn't acceptable, but re u going to b importing beef?
our cattle rearring method must change at this point. Its time to modernise by finding a way to educate herdsmen.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by maclatunji: 4:51pm On May 22, 2013
babyosisi:

Maybe you need to have a car load of your relatives returned to you in pieces ,blown apart in a church or market place by Boko haram or shot in their farms by fulani herdsmen to understand that there is a limit to being politically correct.

If you are going to be a bitter, hateful, "politically incorrect" violence-loving militant, come out clean but don't pretend to be an advocate of peace when you are not.

#Hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by maclatunji: 4:53pm On May 22, 2013
hotmas911:
our cattle rearring method must change at this point. Its time to modernise by finding a way to educate herdsmen.

And who is going to do that? Wait for it... the government! Most Nigerians need enlightenment.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by kokosheen(m): 5:02pm On May 22, 2013
maclatunji:

I've respected your posts for a while but disappointed on your stance of picking sections of his argument to dodge a good debate.
You’ve disparaged posters for gloating over the senseless killings and blamed the entire thing on the president (retardeen), while he argues that blame should lie with the state government for not controlling the marauding cattle nomads. He also went further to give an example of a state governor taking action, so why do you refer to him as being ignorant? Wouldn’t it be better to allow logic win him over to your point of view (wetin concern me sef for this argument)
Anyways, my views are that the Fulani herders are too quick to kill people who are not from their tribe as they see them being less than their cattle. There should be a stop to their bloodletting and damage to people’s livelihood. Unfortunately, their marauding is creating another monster in the Ombatse.
I lived with Fulani (the ones that actually own cattle not the city ones) for a year (NYSC) and they don’t respect us (Yoruba Muslims) so don’t get your head in the cloud.

7 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by sylve11: 5:04pm On May 22, 2013
Sweet! cool
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Born2beRich1(m): 5:12pm On May 22, 2013
maclatunji:

Bro, i only explained my own point of view with points and facts but if you cant provide your own points to prove me wrong you would have just said so...There was no need for using negative words...

However, i will not succumb to exchanging words with you but i wish you the best in whatever decisions you make in life.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Born2beRich1(m): 5:13pm On May 22, 2013
kokosheen:

I've respected your posts for a while but disappointed on your stance of picking sections of his argument to dodge a good debate.
You’ve disparaged posters for gloating over the senseless killings and blamed the entire thing on the president (retardeen), while he argues that blame should lie with the state government for not controlling the marauding cattle nomads. He also went further to give an example of a state governor taking action, so why do you refer to him as being ignorant? Wouldn’t it be better to allow logic win him over to your point of view (wetin concern me sef for this argument)
Anyways, my views are that the Fulani herders are too quick to kill people who are not from their tribe as they see them being less than their cattle. There should be a stop to their bloodletting and damage to people’s livelihood. Unfortunately, their marauding is creating another monster in the Ombatse.
I lived with Fulani (the ones that actually own cattle not the city ones) for a year (NYSC) and they don’t respect us (Yoruba Muslims) so don’t get your head in the cloud.

Thank you
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 22, 2013
Good news
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by idriis: 5:29pm On May 22, 2013
@Maclatunji, don't mind dem, their heart and mind has been sealed with tribalism and hate, they will never agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by eminence13(m): 5:30pm On May 22, 2013
ombatse rocks
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by badmeat(m): 5:32pm On May 22, 2013
Dee60: Can Fulanis stop grazing on people's farmlands? This is 2013. For how long would they remain nomads?

Nigerians do not realize that this is potentially another BH matter! Powerful elements in Nigeria are rallying behind the Fulanis and that is giving them the guts to continue to graze around, even on other people's farms. Why make money destroying other people's means of livelihood? There must be a solution.

This group would not have been if farmlands were not grazed. I dont want to take sides but there should be a solution for this grazing. The Fulanis need to buy land and keep ranches, or FG should buy for them. I also will not accept if I am a farmer and all my crop is destroyed by travelling nomads. Not in 2013, please!
my take on it,they even cross the X lane high way in Abuja,who are the fulani people self?dem nor get Land?
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 22, 2013
Anoda boko haram in the making. Why always north?
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Teymanhenry(f): 5:35pm On May 22, 2013
Libkid: Abeg make jona kuku ma Declare a state of emergency in all d northern state
is nasarawa state a northern state? Are you a learner?
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by dandadee: 5:39pm On May 22, 2013
this is a case of' the enemy of my enemy is my friend' Ombatse carry go.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Bonapart(m): 5:41pm On May 22, 2013
What goes around comes arround! Fulanis are getting what dey deserv
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by theripper3: 5:43pm On May 22, 2013
We have ourselves a rare breed of Fulani- killing machines. They should be properly funded and allowed to inter-breed freely.

Sai Ombatse

Sai Ombatse

Sai Ombatse

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 22, 2013
Amnesty for those 1 thousand cows that escaped now..they had better move deep into the jungle..
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by nijanigga: 5:48pm On May 22, 2013
misterh: Inasmuch as i dont support violence, i av to applaud dz ppl. Those Fulanis shld know that they dont av the monopoly of violence. They av always been in the news for the wrong reasons.
You contradicted yourself.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by otokx(m): 5:48pm On May 22, 2013
Why can't they stay in their own land?
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 22, 2013
Teyman henry: is nasarawa state a northern state? Are you a learner?
Nasarawa is a northern state nah,haba..don't let those hyenas and laughin jackals see this,o..

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by fkaz(m): 5:53pm On May 22, 2013
Teyman henry: is nasarawa state a northern state? Are you a learner?

You are the real learner.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 22, 2013
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by honeric01(m): 5:57pm On May 22, 2013
5 years later.

CNN

800 people killed in Nigeria by the Ombatse Militia group for refusing to deny Jesus/Allah.

Reuters

Ombatse wants Nigeria paganised by killing 800 Christians/Muslims, bringing the total killings to 55,000 in 3 years.

Punch

The Govt in shock over Ombatse's killings, ask christians/muslims to be prayerful.

Keep supporting evil that suits you, it's coming back to bite you on your butt.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Bosso Town Of Niger/Nigerian Border Buried(pics) / Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty / Amaechi Got N257bn From ECA In 2013 - Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.