Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again (26666 Views)

Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment / Unknown Militiamen Attack Village In Kaduna / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 22, 2013
Is there any Ombatse man or woman or anyone with Ombatse blood on nairaland
We need to recognize him or her

I never see this kain people before.na so so good news

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 22, 2013
maclatunji: See this thread is full of people supporting and inciting violence. However, you see them pretending to be lovers of peace when people they consider to be "of their kind" get killed. #Hypocrisy

All acts of violence should be curbed and decisively dealt with. Unfortunately, the GEJ I know is not very proactive.

U talk like this cos uve nt seen fulani herdsmen at work. If u do, u won't want them to come near ur community. They destroy farmlands, steal and forcefully occupy ur land.
I like d 'cult' .
They are action men and we know action speaks louder than voice. Bt my fear is dt wit time, they maybe bought over and used for senseless destructn.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by tebill(m): 2:49pm On May 22, 2013
It cant be Ombatse, i tot they use AK49(Machete)abi dem don upgrade with stolen police Guns
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Alamen001: 2:50pm On May 22, 2013
This Ombatse people no dey gree ooo.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:50pm On May 22, 2013
This thread contains some of the most ignorant and foolish comments I've ever come across on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by hardbody: 2:51pm On May 22, 2013
God bless this Ombatse people. For once they have shown the Fulani cattle rearers that no one has the sole right and priviledge to violence. May they (Ombatse) continue to kill them (Fulani) in swarms.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by begwong: 2:51pm On May 22, 2013
Kinda whats good for the goose is also good for the gander. grin
Why are they complaining.Do they think they are the only ones that has the monopoly of violence

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by naUgotire: 2:52pm On May 22, 2013
apala911: Two Fulani herdsmen were yesterday evening feared killed by suspected Ombatse militiamen in Wadugo community of Lafia North Development area bringing the total number killed in such sporadic attacks on herdsmen to eleven in less than a month across the state.

The state secretary of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Mallam Husseini Mohammed, who disclosed this to media men in Lafia, said the herdsmen were on their way to Bauchi when they were ambushed by the militiamen who opened fire on them killing one on the spot while the other died shortly on the way to the hospital. As at the time of filing this report, the whereabouts of the third person is yet to be ascertained.

Mallam Mohammed said, “our Fulanimen were on the cattle route and did not veer into anybody’s farm but to their amazement they were attacked and the over one thousand cattle they were moving with were dispersed and are still in the bush in different locations”.

He added that this repeated act of provocation is unwarranted especially at a time when the leadership of the Fulani and Eggon communities have struck a truce to lay down their arms and embrace peace saying, “this is a great violation of our peace accord”.

One of the herdsmen who survived the attack, Mohammed Abubakar, told our reporter that the militiamen whisked away one of them but are not sure what would have become of him. The local head of the community, Abubakar Azumgbu, reported hearing gunshots at about 6pm Monday evening but could not say if the herdsmen were the target.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Michael Ada, confirmed the incident but said the identity of the attackers has not yet been established as investigation is still ongoing.

http://leadership.ng/news/220513/again-ombatse-militiamen-attack-herdsmen

The time is now for me to join Ombatse! Abegi, I wan join oo, how I go doam! Fearless warriors, fire for fire. This is the first time you see the fulanis on the receiving end of terror. They have been roaming about all over the country killing and maiming at will. Who knew they could complain too. OMBATSE OOOOO!

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Tintinix: 2:53pm On May 22, 2013
betrani: This is so wrong! Grazin on farmlands isn't acceptable, but re u going to b importing beef?
Please na, be reasonable in your response! This is Farmland, not grasslands, with other peoples mean of livelihood! Just as the Fulani Herds men are nomadic in nature are expected to roam and rear their cattles for their livelihood, they SHOULD NOT encroach on other's livelihood as a matter of right.
If worse come to the worst, Nigerians are resilient and enterprising people we can always find alternatives to these beef from these herdsmen, dont push us!

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by gbadexy(m): 2:53pm On May 22, 2013
Kudos to the group! Now the fulani herds men would know that nobody has monopoly of craze and violence others are just being reasonable.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Godmann(m): 2:53pm On May 22, 2013
Biased people. When Fulani kills, we condemn Hausa-Fulani; but when they are killed, we celebrate their killers. Wake up Nigerians. Stop leaving in fools-paradise.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 22, 2013
Can someone tell me something about these Omabtse men, orgin, goals, sponsor and all?
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by begwong: 2:56pm On May 22, 2013
C_Collins: I thought they said Ombatse militants don't use guns to attack their opponents, but knife. grin grin grin
thats the fulanis version.Wait for an Omba'atse's wink
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by EveryLadY(f): 2:57pm On May 22, 2013
Dee60: Can Fulanis stop grazing on people's farmlands? This is 2013. For how long would they remain nomads?

Nigerians do not realize that this is potentially another BH matter! Powerful elements in Nigeria are rallying behind the Fulanis and that is giving them the guts to continue to graze around, even on other people's farms. Why make money destroying other people's means of livelihood? There must be a solution.

This group would not have been if farmlands were not grazed. I dont want to take sides but there should be a solution for this grazing. The Fulanis need to buy land and keep ranches, or FG should buy for them. I also will not accept if I am a farmer and all my crop is destroyed by travelling nomads. Not in 2013, please!

thanks for mentioning @ bolded.Imagine one of their elders saying "their fulani men were on the cattle route.Which one is cattle route if not people's farmland?
I once saw one northern senator of fulani extract on air advocating for Nigerian to abolish state of origin and consider everybody a member of the community where they have lived for 10yrs.the powerful Nigerians behind fulani madness.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by caesaraba(m): 2:58pm On May 22, 2013
maclatunji: See this thread is full of people supporting and inciting violence. However, you see them pretending to be lovers of peace when people they consider to be "of their kind" get killed. #Hypocrisy

All acts of violence should be curbed and decisively dealt with. Unfortunately, the GEJ I know is not very proactive.

Chairman, I know say this one pain you. But check scores na, you guys are still winning. Just 2 Fulanis as opposed to hundreds of men, women and children (don't forget fetuses) from the infidels. So don't be sad ko.

5 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by psucc(m): 2:58pm On May 22, 2013
maclatunji:

As much as you tried to mask it, your hypocrisy shines through like a million stars. A sincere person would call on the government to curb all acts of violence.
well, where the govt tends to take sides, then you fight for your survival. I hope you hear the news from far away Osun state where Fulani herdsmen are wreaking havoc on the farmers and their farms but SADLY anytime they report to the Police they are arrested, detained and of course you know, bail out will follow.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by naUgotire: 2:59pm On May 22, 2013
apala911: Two Fulani herdsmen were yesterday evening feared killed by suspected Ombatse militiamen in Wadugo community of Lafia North Development area bringing the total number killed in such sporadic attacks on herdsmen to eleven in less than a month across the state.

The state secretary of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Mallam Husseini Mohammed, who disclosed this to media men in Lafia, said the herdsmen were on their way to Bauchi when they were ambushed by the militiamen who opened fire on them killing one on the spot while the other died shortly on the way to the hospital. As at the time of filing this report, the whereabouts of the third person is yet to be ascertained.

Mallam Mohammed said, “our Fulanimen were on the cattle route and did not veer into anybody’s farm but to their amazement they were attacked and the over one thousand cattle they were moving with were dispersed and are still in the bush in different locations”.

He added that this repeated act of provocation is unwarranted especially at a time when the leadership of the Fulani and Eggon communities have struck a truce to lay down their arms and embrace peace saying, “this is a great violation of our peace accord”.

One of the herdsmen who survived the attack, Mohammed Abubakar, told our reporter that the militiamen whisked away one of them but are not sure what would have become of him. The local head of the community, Abubakar Azumgbu, reported hearing gunshots at about 6pm Monday evening but could not say if the herdsmen were the target.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Michael Ada, confirmed the incident but said the identity of the attackers has not yet been established as investigation is still ongoing.

http://leadership.ng/news/220513/again-ombatse-militiamen-attack-herdsmen

So, the terrorists also cry? Who cuda thought!

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Built2last: 3:00pm On May 22, 2013
Fulani herdsmen have become a pain unleashing fear wherever they go. For Ombatse to be dealing with them may be a good news. They are in every village in Nigeria. they crush your farm land without apology.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by qualified(f): 3:02pm On May 22, 2013
Can't d Fulanis stop grazing n encroaching on people's land?
Anytime u hear their name in d news, its connected to them clashing wit people in their towns.
Haba, make them try leave others alone nah and learn boundaries
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by konn: 3:02pm On May 22, 2013
SLIDE waxie: if it's d fulani they are killin, they deserve a national honour.
Those fulanis are no difference from d animals dey rear!
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by slap1(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2013
I hope we won't have to deal with these Ombatse boys after we nip Boko Haram in the bud.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by danny301: 3:04pm On May 22, 2013
Libkid: Abeg make jona kuku ma Declare a state of emergency in all d northern state

Are you high on something?
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Uziehot(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2013
mercylicious:

U talk like this cos uve nt seen fulani herdsmen at work. If u do, u won't want them to come near ur community. They destroy farmlands, steal and forcefully occupy ur land.
I like d 'cult' .
They are action men and we know action speaks louder than voice. Bt my fear is dt wit time, they maybe bought over and used for senseless destructn.
they won't b bought over. They dn't look 4 trouble,bt wen 4 find dem,dey wil find u. So it is against the rules nd regulatn governing d clan of OMBATSE. D fulani men did wrong dats y they had 2 descend on them.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by begwong: 3:06pm On May 22, 2013
babyosisi: Is there any Ombatse man or woman or anyone with Ombatse blood on nairaland
We need to recognize him or her

I never see this kain people before.na so so good news
Hi Baby kiss

7 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by bonna4u(m): 3:08pm On May 22, 2013
Seems these Fulani's have bitten more than the could chew going by the comments here. I haven't crossed river benue in my life, thus I am not in the right stance to comment on the on going fued between the fulani's and their host communities. But, I have this to say, violence should be condemned and we shouldn't revel when lives of other humans are taken.
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Boss13: 3:09pm On May 22, 2013
Dee60: Can Fulanis stop grazing on people's farmlands? This is 2013. For how long would they remain nomads?

Nigerians do not realize that this is potentially another BH matter! Powerful elements in Nigeria are rallying behind the Fulanis and that is giving them the guts to continue to graze around, even on other people's farms. Why make money destroying other people's means of livelihood? There must be a solution.

This group would not have been if farmlands were not grazed. I dont want to take sides but there should be a solution for this grazing. The Fulanis need to buy land and keep ranches, or FG should buy for them. I also will not accept if I am a farmer and all my crop is destroyed by travelling nomads. Not in 2013, please!

Beautiful!!! States need to enact laws allows herdsmen from entering their state. I was driving and to my utmost surprise I was driving side by side with cattles on the roads in Lagos. I was scared to death because any little movement by either me or the cattles I am gone. Also, infringement into other people's property is a crime and these herdsmen should be made aware of it. This is 2013, there are modernized ways of feeding these animals

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by begwong: 3:09pm On May 22, 2013
na U go tire:

The time is now for me to join Ombatse! Abegi, I wan join oo, how I go doam! Fearless warriors, fire for fire. This is the first time you see the fulanis on the receiving end of terror. They have been roaming about all over the country killing and maiming at will. Who knew they could complain too. OMBATSE OOOOO!

"The doctrines of Omba'atse are according to our common deity Azhili, which go hand in hand with those of the Bible and the Holy Quran. Principal among them are that one must be holy, should not steal, should not commit adulatory, among other vices.'

Do you meet those virtues grin

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by 4djustnation: 3:10pm On May 22, 2013
mercylicious:

I like d 'cult' .

But does that justify the killing of Human beings?
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by BLACKPANTHER(m): 3:10pm On May 22, 2013
babyosisi: Let the other communities especially the Tivs hire Ombatse warriors to help them deal with the Fulanis that kill them at will
I am digging their style
This is the only thing they understand

You better stop digging their style, there are other lords of the middle belt that got more swagg than ombatse. The fucking and Useless truth is just that the Fulanis are more than ombatse and could wipe their race in one hour after a clarion call to duty. And in essence am trying to say no to violence...so watch your tongue. lipsrsealed
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Ochek: 3:11pm On May 22, 2013
I beg! make una leave this ppl alone jor! when them Fulani ppl the attack other ppl no body the yarn o! now we go start hear human rights voice.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by kardoso(m): 3:11pm On May 22, 2013
Good work. Now those fulani bush men will know they do not own Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ben Murray-bruce And His Family At The BET Awards (Photos) / 'PDP Traced Akpabio Overseas To Beg Him On Their Knees' - Ahmed Lawan / What Happened To Tinapa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.