Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,347 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again (26667 Views)

Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment / Unknown Militiamen Attack Village In Kaduna / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by apala911: 1:11pm On May 22, 2013
Two Fulani herdsmen were yesterday evening feared killed by suspected Ombatse militiamen in Wadugo community of Lafia North Development area bringing the total number killed in such sporadic attacks on herdsmen to eleven in less than a month across the state.

The state secretary of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Mallam Husseini Mohammed, who disclosed this to media men in Lafia, said the herdsmen were on their way to Bauchi when they were ambushed by the militiamen who opened fire on them killing one on the spot while the other died shortly on the way to the hospital. As at the time of filing this report, the whereabouts of the third person is yet to be ascertained.

Mallam Mohammed said, “our Fulanimen were on the cattle route and did not veer into anybody’s farm but to their amazement they were attacked and the over one thousand cattle they were moving with were dispersed and are still in the bush in different locations”.

He added that this repeated act of provocation is unwarranted especially at a time when the leadership of the Fulani and Eggon communities have struck a truce to lay down their arms and embrace peace saying, “this is a great violation of our peace accord”.

One of the herdsmen who survived the attack, Mohammed Abubakar, told our reporter that the militiamen whisked away one of them but are not sure what would have become of him. The local head of the community, Abubakar Azumgbu, reported hearing gunshots at about 6pm Monday evening but could not say if the herdsmen were the target.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Michael Ada, confirmed the incident but said the identity of the attackers has not yet been established as investigation is still ongoing.

http://leadership.ng/news/220513/again-ombatse-militiamen-attack-herdsmen
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by WilyWily8: 1:14pm On May 22, 2013
i like this Ombatse people,

41 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by IGBOSON1: 2:07pm On May 22, 2013
I reckon we'd not be hearing of Fulani herdsmen raids in and around the ombatse neighbourhood like happens in Kogi, Benue and Plateau states; you could say they've met their bloodthirsty match in those ombatse boys!

Even the Police have found out the hard way that these guys don't let their guard down even for a second, so cowardly raids in the dead of the night are out of the question!

11 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Dubby6(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2013
Mehn na God go help us 4 dis country...everybody wan claim awareness

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Okijajuju: 2:33pm On May 22, 2013
I think we should recruit these Niggars to go after Boko Haram..

42 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Dee60: 2:33pm On May 22, 2013
Can Fulanis stop grazing on people's farmlands? This is 2013. For how long would they remain nomads?

Nigerians do not realize that this is potentially another BH matter! Powerful elements in Nigeria are rallying behind the Fulanis and that is giving them the guts to continue to graze around, even on other people's farms. Why make money destroying other people's means of livelihood? There must be a solution.

This group would not have been if farmlands were not grazed. I dont want to take sides but there should be a solution for this grazing. The Fulanis need to buy land and keep ranches, or FG should buy for them. I also will not accept if I am a farmer and all my crop is destroyed by travelling nomads. Not in 2013, please!

38 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by idupaul: 2:34pm On May 22, 2013
Omabatse is needed to protect the middlebelt and east from Usman Danfodio like invasions

18 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Abujafood: 2:34pm On May 22, 2013
Wahala, Fulani merceneries usually take advantage of stuff like this to embark on senseless killings!

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 22, 2013
Let the other communities especially the Tivs hire Ombatse warriors to help them deal with the Fulanis that kill them at will
I am digging their style
This is the only thing they understand

10 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by joshua8862(m): 2:35pm On May 22, 2013
Dubby6: Mehn na God go help us 4 dis country...everybody wan claim awareness
God have mercy on us in this country oooooo
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by caesaraba(m): 2:35pm On May 22, 2013
Very good! This is what they were created for initially before the same policemen who failed to protect those communities decided to go and bite more than they could chew. If all communities constantly attacked by the Fulanis form militia groups like Ombatse, they'd be better for it. Fulani attack you, police no go come. You attack Fulani then 107 Mopol and 10 SSS guys go show to come arrest you. Nonsense!

27 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 22, 2013
I thought they said Ombatse militants don't use guns to attack their opponents, but knife. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Libkid(m): 2:36pm On May 22, 2013
Abeg make jona kuku ma Declare a state of emergency in all d northern state
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Dee60: 2:36pm On May 22, 2013
The Fulani incursion into different places is another agenda to make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan, I should think. He has to rise up to it and find a solution.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 22, 2013
The only thing I ask is why it took us this long as a nation to discover this great Ombatse clan that we were blessed with
All the young men here should go there and marry wives and take up Ombatse lineage and procreate like crazy ,this tribe must grow in number

18 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by misterh(m): 2:38pm On May 22, 2013
Inasmuch as i dont support violence, i av to applaud dz ppl. Those Fulanis shld know that they dont av the monopoly of violence. They av always been in the news for the wrong reasons.

6 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by omoodeogere(m): 2:38pm On May 22, 2013
Wily,Wily:
i like this Ombatse people,
SHOW ME UR FRIEND LET ME KNOW WHO U ARE
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by dj187: 2:39pm On May 22, 2013
Omobatse like play like play don dey trend, my lil nephew wey him papa na police threaten him papa say if him flog am again him go report him papa to omobatse

19 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 22, 2013

Do they do maiguard business?
This is the man I want guarding my father's compound

2 Ombatse maiguards ,one in the township,one in our village,
Let anybody near and be prepared to descend to hell

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by FulaniBOII(m): 2:41pm On May 22, 2013
angry
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by maclatunji: 2:41pm On May 22, 2013
See this thread is full of people supporting and inciting violence. However, you see them pretending to be lovers of peace when people they consider to be "of their kind" get killed. #Hypocrisy

All acts of violence should be curbed and decisively dealt with. Unfortunately, the GEJ I know is not very proactive.

9 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by betrani(m): 2:42pm On May 22, 2013
Dee60: Can Fulanis stop grazing on people's farmlands? This is 2013. For how long would they remain nomads?

Nigerians do not realize that this is potentially another BH matter! Powerful elements in Nigeria are rallying behind the Fulanis and that is giving them the guts to continue to graze around, even on other people's farms. Why make money destroying other people's means of livelihood? There must be a solution.

This group would not have been if farmlands were not grazed. I dont want to take sides but there should be a solution for this grazing. The Fulanis need to buy land and keep ranches, or FG should buy for them. I also will not accept if I am a farmer and all my crop is destroyed by travelling nomads. Not in 2013, please!
This is so wrong! Grazin on farmlands isn't acceptable, but re u going to b importing beef?

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by ichidodo: 2:42pm On May 22, 2013
Omabatse no send no body.if the fulani start any thing, the police killings will look easy on the eye compared to what the fine boys will do to those herdsmen. This should bring a stop in some way to the "Fulani Scourge" ravaging Nigeria especially the Middle-belt.

6 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by NonFarmPayrol: 2:43pm On May 22, 2013
babyosisi:
Do they do maiguard business?
This is the man I want guarding my father's compound

2 Ombatse maiguards ,one in the township,one in our village,
Let anybody near and be prepared to descend to hell

grin grin grin
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by maclatunji: 2:43pm On May 22, 2013
misterh: Inasmuch as i dont support violence, i av to applaud dz ppl. Those Fulanis shld know that they dont av the monopoly of violence. They av always been in the news for the wrong reasons.

As much as you tried to mask it, your hypocrisy shines through like a million stars. A sincere person would call on the government to curb all acts of violence.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 22, 2013
maclatunji: See this thread is full of people supporting and inciting violence. However, you see them pretending to be lovers of peace when people they consider to be "of their kind" get killed. #Hypocrisy

All acts of violence should be curbed and decisively dealt with. Unfortunately, the GEJ I know is not very proactive.

Maybe you need to have a car load of your relatives returned to you in pieces ,blown apart in a church or market place by Boko haram or shot in their farms by fulani herdsmen to understand that there is a limit to being politically correct.

31 Likes

Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by betrani(m): 2:44pm On May 22, 2013
Dee60: Can Fulanis stop grazing on people's farmlands? This is 2013. For how long would they remain nomads?

This is so wrong! Grazin on farmlands isn't acceptable, but re u going to b importing beef?
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by pat077: 2:45pm On May 22, 2013
Good development!
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by donPhill(m): 2:45pm On May 22, 2013
nice one....fulani need to be deleted ....na payback time with all the trouble they have been causing
Re: Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again by halogen02: 2:47pm On May 22, 2013
I don't support violence but I've never imagine it dat fulani's are no match for Ombatse clan! Attacking our police is wat I dislike...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Happened To Tinapa? / Namadi Sambo Visits Ike Ekweremadu In Abuja. Photos / Ademola Adeleke: I Will Be Osun State Governor By Next Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.