Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,204 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

12large1's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 12large1's Profile / 12large1's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 60 pages)

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:09am On Mar 26, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Football doesn't work that way

No way that any of those 2 teams will even defeat a mid European team let alone top 8. Trust me, they’re both going to exit the group stage. My main interest is our opponents

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:06am On Mar 26, 2022
How come did man utd and Arsenal Golden generation excelled in a 424 formation while we look absolutely clueless on that formation?
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:05am On Mar 26, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
Whoever decided to drop Uzoho from the number one spot deserves to be dragged to the National stadium in Abuja, stripped naked and thrashed a hundred strokes.

Men, that guy is a solid Goalkeeper. Not running Okoye down. I have never felt so much at ease during corners.

What is happening to Alampasu and by the way, who was the Goalkeeper trainer for Iheanacho's U17 team?

I have said it multiple times that uzoho is a much better goal keeper on SE jersey. Maduka will probably be world class in the future remember he is young. For now, uzoho wins better. Nigerians betrayed uzoho

8 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2022
Mujtahida:
Wait oo, apart from the Afcon 2019 has Ighalo really performed for Nig so much so that he's being clamored for like he's some Rashidi Yekini?

Your eyes is already clear for contributing to the worst Nigeria appearance at anc since 1978 and if they allow deluded people like you guys, Nigeria participation at the upcoming World Cup, will be in doubt

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2022
humility33:

You still dont have respect for yourself let alone others.

You lack communication skills and can't express your opinion without sounding crude and insulting

Well for your information we've got oshimen.

Ighalo does not have what the super eagles need going forward. His time has passed.... we need new generation kind of strikers that is hungry and pacy

The Ighalo I watched against cape verde is old spent

Time has passed? A player that’s the top scorer at an arab league the same Arab league that the present ANC player, plays for at this time. Keep being deluded

2 Likes 1 Share

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
humility33:

He should leave the super eagles alone pls

We no longer want him

You must be very mad to make such statements. Leave super eagles for awoniyi and sadiq
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2022
Joezinho:

I don't know how many assists he had for the super eagles but Finidi was a right sided midfielder, while Odegbami played no 7 for the Green Eagles but was a No 10 for IICC (Shooting stars) so in essence Chief Odegbami was a forward masquerading as a winger, while Finidi was a winger and not a forward hence the difference in their goal scoring statistics for Nigeria.

And also the era of Odegbami was a weak period in African football compared to Finidi's. That was a time that Burkina Faso ( Upper Volta) used to collect 7 goals from the Green Eagles and the likes of Ivory Coast, Senegal and even Egypt chopped 4 goals from the Green Eagles.. The only real competition for Nigeria in the Odegbami era were the North African teams like Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt and later Algeria. In West Africa, our only rivals were Ghana and Guinea..

Nigeria's opponents in the Finidi era were made of sterner stuff..

Finidi not only scored the crucial goal that qualified us for the WC in Algeria but also scored and set up goals in the WC..

6 in 62 is a poor record anywhere as a winger except your assist speaks volume.

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:31am On Jan 31, 2022
Joezinho:

3-4 years ke? What are you saying? Go and watch his exploits from 1993 to 2001. There's a reason why the legendary goalsfather, Rashidi Yekini, is quoted as saying " omo gidi ni Finidi". It's not a coincidence that Yekini's peak years in the SE between 1992 and 1994 was due to the presence of Finidi, who supplied many killer passes and crosses to the great man.

The typical player peaks around ages 25-26, and that decline typically hits hardest as players enter their 30s. Do you want a list of European players that declined before their 30s?

How many assist did finidi had for Nigeria? because his goal record of 6 in 62 no be am at all considering that people rank him as Nigeria all time best winger. Him or odegbami
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 11:09am On Jan 31, 2022
Joezinho:

3-4 years ke? What are you saying? Go and watch his exploits from 1993 to 2001. There's a reason why the legendary goalsfather, Rashidi Yekini, is quoted as saying " omo gidi ni Finidi". It's not a coincidence that Yekini's peak years in the SE between 1992 and 1994 was due to the presence of Finidi, who supplied many killer passes and crosses to the great man.

The typical player peaks around ages 25-26, and that decline typically hits hardest as players enter their 30s. Do you want a list of European players that declined before their 30s?

Consistent at the top. Meaning his ajax and betis level. Finidi gave ajax 2 World class season and betis 3 World class seasons. Prior to that, he was at a local club sharks (records aren’t available) and after betis, he was done. Now, compare that to how many world clas seasons the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, zlatan, Modric has given football

2 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:44am On Jan 31, 2022
Joezinho:

You are right though. At one point Finidi George at his peak was regarded as the best right winger in world..

Dude was voted the best right sided midfielder in the world in 1998 ahead of Figo and Zanetti...
Finidi as a midfielder scored 16 goals for Real Betis in La Liga.

If only we have wingers with such intelligence now. I don't think Finidi dribbled much but his speed, off the ball running and tactical intelligence, crossing and passing + dead ball ability are some of the best I've seen of any African winger....

How many seasons did finidi stay consistent? 3 or 4 season and he was done. The man was an Ipswich flop despite signing at 30. It is what I mean by lack of consistency, professionalism, and discipline. A player like chukwueze is already playing like the shadow of himself 3 years ago
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:08am On Jan 31, 2022
elyte89:
I wonder when our "world class players" would be nominated 4 d ballondor contenders

Our footballers main issues has been Discipline, consistency, Growth and professionalism. The likes of Kanu, finidi, okocha, oliseh was equally as talented as anyone playing their position worldwide but they lacked some of those aforementioned traits.
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 5:16am On Jan 30, 2022
Starboytwo:
hmmm, well, do you know something, I actually thought about something recently, I was reading transfer rumors the other day and I saw Jonathan David, the guy Lille bought as replacement for osihmen and was linked to a few top clubs, I already seen his football and comparably osihmen trumps him, however he is highly rated by the media and I know cuz he’s Canadian, Anyways.

1-Definitely Napoli will ask above 100 million

Although, your number 2 assertion is not wrong, but I believe consistent top class performance from him which I expect barring any “mumu” injury crisis will make at least EPL clubs to grab him. Added the advantage of insigne and Mertens imminent departures, the mantle of scoring goals automatically fall on him. If na goal, any type, leg, head, shot, 1 on 1 I trust osihmen.

I might also add the fact that, generally, African strikers tend to blow in Europe than any other departments. Nobody will ignore a 23-25 year old Tall, clinical, powerful and fast goal scorer. Etoo, drogba are legends.

About koulibaly, well I don’t know why the guy no comot for there since, maybe age factor, who gonna pay 100 mill for a 29 year old black man from Senegal, but the guy better pass maguire 80 million….

I hope osihmen cross over to the EPL in a season or two ASAP, he can comfortably cut it at west ham, Everton, Aston villa etc even at this erratic form, not to talk of top form. Kindly check Osihmen’s form and movement pre injury.

If he isn’t going to a top 4 team in Epl, there’s no point signing for a mid table team.
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2022
Mujtahida:

What I've noticed is that we are always clamoring for players that are not present. Etebo was in the team when we lost to Argentina, South Africa, Algeria, Madagascar. He does not bring any quality greater than that of the other players in the team. In fact I recall that the major complain was that Etebo and Ndidi don't click.

So it's always that clamor for the unavailable player. When he comes now, it will be zeh.

The ONLY player whose coming back will add to the team is Victor Moses because he's head and shoulders above our current wingers

Any choice of olosho to you on my tab
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 4:06am On Jan 29, 2022
Honestly, vis a vis Ghana, we have a much talented squad and should be able to defeat them easily. But, in rivalry matches, talent isn’t enough. Your opponents usually perform to their best abilities whenever they’re facing an arch-rival. The game is 50/50 because of History while 80/20 in terms of team talent. It might just come down to luck
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:56am On Jan 27, 2022
pahars:
Maduka making a mistake in a major tournament is normal.Lets us not forget this guy is just 22, it is a learning curve but am sure he will come better and whether people like it or not Maduka is going to be the undisputed no 1 of the super eagles for many years to come, you cannot overlook a goalie playing regular football in major leagues in europe(he will improve with time)Even Enyeama at the age of 22 I doubt if he was already playing in Europe.

Na koboko I go use flog you for this stupid suggestion. Fool me once, shame on you (you’re a bad person) but to fool me twice, that’s on me. For now, uzoho should be our number 1. In fact, uzoho didn’t deserve to lose his number 1 position after that world class performance vs Brazil, Poland. Maduka might eventually become our starting 1 but for now, uzoho is better
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:53am On Jan 27, 2022
Vincent Aboubakar is the present top scorer at Afcon and he has only 6 goals at the exact backwater league that ighalo plays - Ighalo is the top scorer at that League. I am just waiting for our list vs Ghana na Ogun, amadioha go faya anybody wey dey against Ighalo and victor Moses imminent return. These young inexperienced boys has totally failed us. Our worst ever result in ANC since 1978

4 Likes 2 Shares

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 7:50pm On Jan 26, 2022
Typical Ivory Coast expect them to choke. If you want to beat a west African team, just pack your midfield and allow them to attack from the wings and your chances of winning is High
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:18am On Jan 26, 2022
As an opponent, if you want to defeat the super eagles, just crowd your midfield and allow us to attack from the wings and your chances of winning is High. (Inferior team wise) while superior team can afford to tackle us man v man and win. Was it the same way in the 90’s?? A question to my OG

3 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Davido GIves Isreal DMW A Knock On The Head (Video) by 12large1: 8:02am On Jan 25, 2022
BCD2much:
What's between Davido and Israel is friendship, see the video well and see the jokes behind it. Una too take life serious, a staff of mine was my course mate, during work time we all get busy and free time we could do all manners of rough play cos it's been this way with us for years.
If you think friends can't play this way cos one is the boss and the other the staff then u need service your inferiority complex

Since it’s all friendship, why isreal nor slap or konk obo in such way? Abi, do you think it’s only OBO that can play? My friend, self respect is priceless and people reciprocate your self-treatment

7 Likes 1 Share

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
Astrid4:

He goofed big time, modern coach don't wait till you mess before you're being substituted grin odoi was substituted in half time tuchel commot am 74 minutes; cos it was obvious he wasn't playing to his instructions. It was very obvious yesterday Tunisia forced play for the middle, we are one man short in the midfield so he needed to be more creative and tweak the formation immediately after the first half ,the likes of aribo struggled throughout the first half they have choked everybody up. Sometimes you need to sacrifice offense football and play dirty, we played very well yesterday and yet we lost; Tunisia didn't play very well yet they won cheesy cheesy we needed a win not a show of offensively play grin

The 1994 team set that we’re eulogizing because of their 424 formation got eliminated at the round of 16 because the way you guys eulogize them, one would that thought that they won the World Cup. Our 2013 team equally matched their achievement. Also, they even had traditional wingers I.e Amunike and finidi not wing/forward

1 Like

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
Astrid4:

To be candid the woes of rohr started the moment he tried to accommodate nacho in the lineup playing nacho as an attacking midfield then you need a very solid midfield to cover up for his workrate; cos he won't contribute nothing defensively and he won't press from the front: but be rest assured attack wise he will create chances even score goals, Tunisian were very smart they saw this loopholes and really outsmarted us; they knew if they let us play from the wings, we are gonna be too strong for them; that's was why the forced play from the midfield cos they know for sure we are one man short in the midfield; and they exploited that very well. Moving forward as a team; if we are gonna be accommodating nacho in the midfield then we need to switch to a diamond shaped 4-4-2 you play nacho as AMF with Ndidi sitting deep aribo and onyeka playing the advance role; playing this kind of formation will even make us toothless offensively compared to the traditional double pivot midfield, but defensively we will be strong had it been eguavoen did this immediately second half yesterday; then we would have repeled the attack against our midfield successful and likely won't have faced the iwobi red card issues; the technical crew have alot of works to do; they need to active not passive or reactive to opposition tactics oh God!! I trust my Thomas tuchel grin grin.

He is not a midfilder. Play him as a Striker or SS but never as a midfilder. Never!

2 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
Seriously, why is iheanacho first touch so atrocious? Now, I understand why pep guardiola dismissed him quickly because there’s no way that a technical coach will accept such horrible first touch regardless of how clinical of a Finisher you’re as a striker. The next coach needs to stop that experiment of using iheanacho as a midfilder. He should either be played as a Striker, SS or dropped. When I mean an SS, I am not referring to an AM

4 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:49am On Jan 24, 2022
komekn:

We go over the top .

Osimhen is very good but he is not a world class striker. He has come back from a very serious injury how will it affect his game❓

Osimhen is a very direct fast and determined striker he has very good positioning , ultimately aggressive and with fearlessness , has blistering pace and good finishing and has aerial ability too. But he is not filled with trickery, deception and skill.

He, I am sure would have been told to limit the aggressive play and be careful not to aggrevate the injury and or see a repeat of it.

How will that affect his game going forward because aggression is a key part of his game with pace and determination. So he will have to have controlled aggression.

It may be that lghalo is still much more relevant than many think . We also have Dennis the most inform striker at the moment 8 goals in the EPL from 18 games is not easy.

Both of them would have made a difference in my opinion. Unfortunately we will never know.

Osimehn, dennis, ighalo and victor Moses are still needed in this team. But, we must first address our Midfield. We have to select a balanced midfield/formation
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 9:45am On Jan 24, 2022
Maybe, it would had been better if we had drawn or lost our final group game in order to humble ourselves ahead of the quarter final game. Our 100% group stage record totally initiated an arrogant attitude at the SE and made us pompous. We underrated/undervalued the Tunisians and believe that, we had won prior to the on set of the match. I just hope that, this loss can be beneficial in our next WCQ considering that our players want to redeem their-self. As for our coaches, please never underestimate the power of a balanced midfield. The midfield is the fulcrum, foundation of a team and if the midfield is imbalanced, your team could easily crumble. As for iheanacho, you have to improve other aspect of your game. I.e First touch, awareness, stamina etc if your only attribute is “finishing” and “creating chances”, you’re supposed to be played as a 9 or be dropped.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 3:06am On Jan 24, 2022
Na ogun go hammer anyone wet dey against Victor Moses, dennis, ighalo, recall
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:58am On Jan 24, 2022
Barrister026:

Shut up your smelling mouth there...

Though am not in support of cyber bully.

BUT DID YOU WATCH THE GOAL STRIKED FROM A DISTANCE NOT EVEN ON THE BOX 18.

EVEN MY GRANDMA COULD CATCH THAT, TALKLESS LETTING IT SLIP THROUGH HER HAND.

WHOSE FAULT WAS IT?

YEN YEN YEN, WHEN WE DEY COMPLAIN THAT TIME, YOU CARRY YOUR SMELLING MOUTH DEY TALK SAY BECAUSE WE ARE UGLY AND JEALOUS THAT'S WHY.

Don’t mind that small girl. On a normal circumstance, she should be preparing dinner or giving Backshots. Very clueless individual in football analysis because she would consider looks before competency. Uzoho never deserved to lose his position because of such injuries
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:56am On Jan 24, 2022
Our fit/playing experienced players like victor Moses, ighalo, dennis all has to be recalled. At this time, it’s not a negotiation, but a MUST
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:02am On Jan 24, 2022
I didn’t expect Eguavoen to win this tournament considering the fact that we’re not the best on paper. But, to lose to a team with a 12 record. (1 win and 2 loss record) and had over 6 first team players unavailable is just shocking. I didn’t see this one coming at all and I am very disappointed. This is a lesson to never sack coaches that meets their status quo

4 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:29am On Jan 24, 2022
caylakays:
Who else noticed that the two goals we conceded in this tournament was caused by Aina mistake?
(Note: I'm not trying to say he didn't do well in this tournament,,,,,infact he is an outstanding player but he was unfortunate

Are you mad? Aina was one of Nigeria best player at this tournament

3 Likes 1 Share

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:18am On Jan 24, 2022
safarigirl:

I will talk badly of Rohr whenever I want to, and you will insult yourself finish

Rohr ni, Roju ko

You this small girl, I have forgiven you enough control your forking mouth
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:18am On Jan 24, 2022
3rd place to 15th. I swear this one vex me well. I want to cry. I prefer ugly football and good result vs good football and ugly result. Make person insult Rohr one more time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 60 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.