Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? (33630 Views)

Man Commits Suicide For Being Labelled A Wizard / Has There Been Any Nigerian Politician Who Has Never Been Labelled A 'thief'? / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Zulele: 4:17pm On May 23, 2013
thenwhat:

You are so funny. OMG! I just cracked by ribs while laughing, rolling on the floor.
Lier!

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by gramci: 4:18pm On May 23, 2013
He's a jihadist, whether British or Nigerian.

6 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by k10: 4:18pm On May 23, 2013
If a son is good, he belongs to his father, if he is bad, he belongs to the mother (motherland)

4 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by didoburns(m): 4:19pm On May 23, 2013
My sister just asked same question. dont mind them joor, if na one better thing him do now na British guy him for be
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by souleymon(m): 4:19pm On May 23, 2013
WE should disassociate from him.
He is no Nigerian, cos his DAD got a home there and i am sure he has never been to NIGERIA
All is Life

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by kcjazz(m): 4:19pm On May 23, 2013
The Nigerian law allows for dual citizenship. So yes he is Nigeria British. Plus his name gives it away anyway... tongue

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by dljbd1(m): 4:19pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN
I totally love this.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by mysticgal(f): 4:20pm On May 23, 2013
Sometimes oyibo dey kolo,when nigerians do better,they would call them british-nigerian but when people like this buffalo constructed mind whats his name again do bad,they call them nigerian-british smh undecided
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by DICKtator: 4:20pm On May 23, 2013
Looool British-Nigerian, Nigerian-British,Briton-Nigerian,Nigerian-Briton, English-Nigerian,Nigerian-English.That isn't foreigners' wahala. The issue remains that he has that Nigerian connection which is quite unfortunate.
Reminds one of the Mutallah issue!!!
Both are even synonymous with the weapon of mass destruction going beserk on em
Mutallah with the pants that would not blow now Adeblowjo.b Mullasin gun that would not fire!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by oboy3(m): 4:20pm On May 23, 2013
Thank God am biafran

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by EveryLadY(f): 4:21pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN

you aren't following his line of argument are you? What the poster is saying is:why diminish the Nigerianess in a British/Nigerian born when it comes to achievements/success and highlight it when bad things happen? Why not being fair in using the same yardstick to deal with related issues?

For me,the British media can go die in their biased brainwashed racist approach to everything Africa and Nigeria in particular.
Nigerians should learn how to uphold and hype their own,in all life endeavors.

4 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by kunlekunle: 4:21pm On May 23, 2013

your apple wont grow in nigeria due to the climate and environmental issues.
you are 80% of your environment.

5 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Mayor21(m): 4:21pm On May 23, 2013
Sobbin. . *we love naija*

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by sikwitdii: 4:23pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777:
BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN.

Dude, are you being serious? The fact that the possible second nationality of the second person has not been mentioned does not give you cause for concern? You can seriously agree with the media even when you know that if he did something good, nobody would be told that he is also Nigerian? Think man, you are Nigerian... behave like one!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by EveryLadY(f): 4:23pm On May 23, 2013
kunlekunle:

thank u for pointing out that environmental factor contributes up to 80% to a product's out come .

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Annie2gud(f): 4:24pm On May 23, 2013
Oyibo make una nor go there o.we know our own when we see them o.we dey vex oo.shuo myst every bad elements be attributed to naija?when abdulmutallab struck....didnt we claim it?....yea we Did.but i think this micheal ajibola shud be claim by the saudians.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by tpia5: 4:24pm On May 23, 2013
kunlekunle:

apple trees can grow in nigeria, not sure of the specifics but the trees will grow. The fruit however, might not do so well, not sure.

my post has nothing to do with obadiah's own, just saying.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 23, 2013
I wonder why Nigerians are denying him. He is a Nigerian by blood!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by EveryLadY(f): 4:25pm On May 23, 2013
mysticgal: Sometimes oyibo dey kolo,when nigerians do better,they would call them british-nigerian but when people like this buffalo constructed mind whats his name again do bad,they call them nigerian-british smh undecided

no my dear.when the action is in the positive,it is called british citizen.U will not even hear anything Nigeria connected to the person.But when its to the contrary,the name Nigeria will be 1st on their lips.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by bakynes(m): 4:26pm On May 23, 2013
Its in their blood.When the likes of Andy Murray looses a cup match he is termed a scottish bt when he wins he is termed a british.The issue of gang memebers killing each other in London has not been solved coz they feel black boiz kill black boiz now the OP is right he is a product of the British system. He cannot be termed a Nigerian though he is from a Nigerian root

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by pure123: 4:26pm On May 23, 2013
wao! God will continue to bless Pastor KUn.....w@ a mind lifting findings.......i never knew you get brain like this oo....God purnish all the people that said the guy is a nigerian or a yoruba.

by the way i was xpecting to see SEUN put up his normal warning......TO AVOID BEING BANN DO NOT POST W@ IS OFFENSIVE TO ISLAM.,.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by rodeo0070(m): 4:26pm On May 23, 2013
Nothing succeeds like success. If the guy had won a medal or recognized for an excellent invention, all of us would he's from Otukpo, Abeokuta, Calabar, Jos etc and all the noise that "Niger area dey represent", "Niger Area no dey carry last"... but just because something of this nature happened, some people are now saying he is "British citizen/Britsih born. C'mon fellas lets call a spade a spade...
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by erniok(m): 4:27pm On May 23, 2013
kunlekunle:

Thank you for this response.he has conveniently forgotten that man is a product of his environment.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 23, 2013
Op he is a Nigerian. The last time I checked, his name was/is not Michael Greenwood. We all know him today as Mr Michael Adobolaja Mujihd. Taking it from his names, it very clear that he is a first generation Yoruba man,a tribe that is located in Nigeria and therefore he is free born Nigerian. He is 1000% one of us(Nigerians) so let's stop pushing his Nigerian route/root away. I blame Islam that teaches violence not Nigeria or Britain.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Dee60: 4:27pm On May 23, 2013
The question is not necessary. Even if he is not a Nigerian, there are Nigerians exhibiting WORSE behaviour. let us stop pretending. BH has been beheading people up north for the past 2 years. BH people are NIGERIANS!

Also, in Nigeria, there are people selling human heads. That rarely happens in Britain.

All mankind need salvation from sin and wickedness. The heart of man is desperately wicked.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by obi123: 4:28pm On May 23, 2013
the hype about where he is from was started by Nigerians , not sure why this is an issue they are going to treat him as a terrorist and not as a Nigerian terrorist , i think we are just a bit touchy that he has any link with Nigeria at all because of all the negative perceptions they have of us already, nothing wrong with feeling ashamed , i cringe anytime a black man/woman regardless of origin commits a crime .
after all if he won an award we would quickly own him whether he has been living in the UK for 1zillion yrs or not , so lets stop being hypocrites and calm down and let the good people at Scotland yard do their job

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by pappilo(m): 4:28pm On May 23, 2013

So Obama is Kenyan then.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 23, 2013
EVERYONE LIKE TO IDENTIFY WITH GOOD THINGS.
FAILURE IS AN ORPHAN
BUT THEN I THOUGHT WE ALSO HAVE YORUBAS
IN TOGO, BENIN, ETC undecided
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by soyad: 4:28pm On May 23, 2013
He is a disgrace , but i think he is more British than Nigerian .

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by tpia5: 4:28pm On May 23, 2013
sikwitdii:

The fact that the possible second nationality of the second person has not been mentioned does not give you cause for concern?

serious cause for concern.

Think man, you are Nigerian...

that's questionable.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by BluStreak(m): 4:28pm On May 23, 2013

You missed the point the OP is making. The british government and media are very vocal now at labelling the killer Nigerian because it has got something to do with crime. In terms of positive news in other human endeavors, Nigeria will not take the glory. you will never even hear them mention the invidual's Nigerian link. It is appaling to say the least. We have to stand firm and challenge the western media on the continuous misrepresentation of our people and nation.

6 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ujchief(m): 4:28pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE.

Your theory is flawed in all direction. Man is a product of his 'ENVIRONMENT'. He has never been in the Nigerian environment, his belief and subsequently, his actions were as a result of the british environment. The only influence he could have gotten would be from his parents.

Hello Brits, we've checked our data base and we don't have any Adeboloja Michael: you guys raised a beast, deal with it and stop passing the blame.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Onnoghen Reacts To CCT Judgement Banning Him From Public Office / Zamfara: Withdraw Femi Fani-Kayode’s Traditional Title - Emir Of Shinkafi Told / Buhari Says Hijab May Be Banned,Nigerians React On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.