Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? (33591 Views)

Man Commits Suicide For Being Labelled A Wizard / Has There Been Any Nigerian Politician Who Has Never Been Labelled A 'thief'? / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Originalsly: 6:14pm On May 23, 2013
"CANADIAN Ben Johnson breaks 100 M Olympic Record"...then as soon as he tested positive for drugs..."JAMAICAN born Canadian gold medalist tested positive for drugs". By now you should know the way of the Western Media.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 23, 2013
adaobi123: I love it how Obadiah777 just wacks out a bible verse ! grin grin grin

Obadiah do ya thang !!!!
grin grin grin SCRIPTURE DO SAY 1 THESSALONIANS 5 VS 21 Prove all things << I GOTTA PROVE IT ALL WITH BIBLICAL VERSES LWTMB grin
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by justmenoni: 6:16pm On May 23, 2013
SIR i don't agree with your logic,there is something called citizenship..You are a citizen of usa no matter where your parents comes from and no matter their residence status except you been a diplomat..you cant be a Nigerian citizen even though you are born here except one of your parent is from naija and i guess same goes for Chinese people..make research on what is been called jus soli and jus sanguins..

I am in support of what most people have said on this thread and that's the fact that the ModaF is British no matter what his heritage is,is Obama African or American 4get African American for now.He is American/

Even if the suspect ahs been to nigeria the fact is that he is still British....
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 23, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

He is a citizen of Britain but not from a British Ethnic group. All the people from British Ethnic groups are white! He is an Ethnic Yoruba(who live in Nigeria) who has managed to acquire British citizenship by being born in Britain but he is not from any of the British Ethnic groups. Britain is a European country and not a New World country like those in the America's!!
with this incident that happened, can he be stripped off his citizenship and deported to Nigeria? is it possible for it to happen?

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin SCRIPTURE DO SAY 1 THESSALONIANS 5 VS 21 Prove all things << I GOTTA PROVE IT ALL WITH BIBLICAL VERSES LWTMB grin

grin grin

Preach brother, preach !!!

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by smoothcrim2014: 6:19pm On May 23, 2013
berem: with this incident that happened, can he be stripped off his citizenship and deported to Nigeria? is it possible for it to happen?

No!!

Let me give you some hints though. If he was a footballer and went to play against a team in Eastern Europe he would be targeted with Monkey chants and other racially offensive things that other white British players would not be targeted with do you know why? Because he is not an Ethnic British!! I would even argue that a Black Person can never be British but can have British citizenship.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by justmenoni: 6:22pm On May 23, 2013
So true let him answer the question..well since he can't be stripped of his citizenship that makes him a citizen.,
berem: with this incident that happened, can he be stripped off his citizenship and deported to Nigeria? is it possible for it to happen?
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by GooseBaba: 6:22pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: THERE IS NO AMERICAN IN AMERICA. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN AMERICAN. FIRST OFF THE PLACE NEVER EXISTED AS AMERICA 500 YEARS AGO SO WHAT WERE THESE PEOPLES GREAT GRANDPARENTS CALLED BEFORE THE EXISTENCE OF AMERICA ? SECONDLY AMERICA IS THE NAME OF A MAN CALLED AMERIGO VESPUCCI. NOW UNLESS YOU ARE RELATED TO THE MAN YOU CANT BE AN AMERICAN. AMERICA IS WHAT THE LAND MASS IS CALLED NOW BUT THE PEOPLE THERE ARE EITHER IRISH OR SCOTTISH OR AFRICAN OR ETC ETC. BUT IF I REALLY WANT TO GO INTO WHO THESE PEOPLE REALLY ARE BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THE NAMES NIGERIAN, IRISH, SCOTTISH, JAMAICAN ETC ETC ARE ALL MAN MADE NAMES OKAY. WE ALL HAVE NAMES GIVEN TO US AS PEOPLE FROM THE TIME WE ARE FORMED. WE ALL HAVE BIBLICAL NAMES SO IF WE REALLY WANT TO GET TO THE NITTY GRITTY, THESE ARE WHO WE ARE BIBLICALLY
ARABS-ISHMAELITES
CAUCASIANS-EDOMITES
NEGROS-ISRAELITES
EHTIOPIANS AND SOMALIANS AND HAUSAS AND FULANI - HAMITES ( ETHIOPIANS ARE ALSO CALLED CUSHITES )
CHINESE - MOABITES
JAPANESE - AMMONITES
IRANIANS - PERSIANS OR MEDES

Your hatred for Whitey no go make you see road well. Since you want to dwell in past glory Comot from computer. I guarantee you the possibility of a nuclear world destruction is possible that your skirt and sword carry god descending from the sky to give you back your cursed land "Israel"... Guy face reality!!!!

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by smoothcrim2014: 6:23pm On May 23, 2013
justmenoni: So true let him answer the question..well since he can't be stripped of his citizenship that makes him a citizen.,

Nobody is arguing that. What some are arguing is he is in the "other" category and is not a proper British now matter how hard he may try.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by justmenoni: 6:24pm On May 23, 2013
But their is black British init? anyay the fact is that this guy is british no 2 ways about it,don't let this oyinbo people scatter our head,it happens everywhere in the world when a crime is been committed na when dem go remember him heritage or that he is not part of their culture,a Canadian man was caught in usa and na dat time dem remember sey na naija hin come from...Abeg oyinbo sabi proof over soji grin grin grin grin grin grin....
smoothcrim2014:

No!!

Let me give you some hints though. If he was a footballer and went to play against a team in Eastern Europe he would be targeted with Monkey chants and other racially offensive things that other white British players would not be targeted with do you know why? Because he is not an Ethnic British!! I would even argue that a Black Person can never be British but can have British citizenship.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by GooseBaba: 6:25pm On May 23, 2013
Sex_Skillz: OP, your arguments are invalid.

I guess you forgot the extent of Islamic Terrorism in Nigeria with the likes of Abdul-Mutallab.

You and all those supporting your pointless arguments remind me of the proverbial Ostrich with it's head in the sand.

You are wrong.. The panties terrorist got his training from Yemen not Nigeria... Get your facts right..!

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by justmenoni: 6:28pm On May 23, 2013
Brother their aint nothing like a proper British haba which one be improper and which one be proper,British is British who cares if your dad is Iranian and ur mom is from iraq with our paternal grandparents roots from china and maternal roots from USSR,the fact is that you are British and come to think of it why do they have a Turkish man as mayor in the uk likewise a black man as a mayor its strictly because they met the citizenship status of been British and that makes them eligible to be voted into an office abi u think sey na nomination dem nominate dem enter new?
smoothcrim2014:

Nobody is arguing that. What some are arguing is he is in the "other" category and is not a proper British now matter how hard he may try.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by bornosheikh: 6:28pm On May 23, 2013
The other attacker named by UK press is Chinedu Lawal Splendour Solebo.

www.guardian.co.uk/woolwichsecondattacker/chinedu/co.uk
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by smoothcrim2014: 6:29pm On May 23, 2013
justmenoni: But their is black British init? anyay the fact is that this guy is british no 2 ways about it,don't let this oyinbo people scatter our head,it happens everywhere in the world when a crime is been committed na when dem go remember him heritage or that he is not part of their culture,a Canadian man was caught in usa and na dat time dem remember sey na naija hin come from...Abeg oyinbo sabi proof over soji grin grin grin grin grin grin....

Speak proper English in line with the rules on this forum.

Yes, he is Black British but, not Ethnically related to the country.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by justmenoni: 6:31pm On May 23, 2013
If Mr smoothcrim go tell you the nationality of this man: Chinedu Lawal Splendour Solebo. Mr smooth go talk say he is Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa/English man lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
bornosheikh: The other attacker named by UK press is Chinedu Lawal Splendour Solebo.

www.guardian.co.uk/woolwichsecondattacker/chinedu/co.uk

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 23, 2013
GooseBaba: .

Your hatred for Whitey no go make you see road well. Since you want to dwell in past glory Comot from computer. I guarantee you the possibility of a nuclear world destruction is possible that your skirt and sword carry god descending from the sky to give you back your cursed land "Israel"... Guy face reality!!!!
I DONT HATE 'WHITEY'. I THINK ALOT OF WHITEY ARE VERY SWEET AND ACTUALLY ARE MORE HUMANE THAN NEGROS. MANY MORE NEGROS ARE WORSE THAN WHITEY. WHAT I DONT LIKE IS WHITEYS GLOBAL SYSTEM THAT IS SUFFOCATING THE WORLD.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by GooseBaba: 6:32pm On May 23, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

What about Goodluck Jonathan, Victor Moses and others? Is your President a House nigger or inferior African?? Show some respect!

Hold your left butt cheeks and repeat after me.. Good luck EBELE Jonathan...he has an African name..
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Aringarosa(m): 6:36pm On May 23, 2013
The murrfûcker is a bloody British, he isn't a Nigerian. He was fücken born and bred in britian. How dare they wanna push him to us.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by SisiKill1: 6:36pm On May 23, 2013
This denouncement would make more sense if the real Nigerians weren't doing what he did and even worse everyday.

Your moral huffying and puffing would make more sense if the world was totally UNAWARE of what is going on in the real Nigeria.

Right now all they hear is a buncha people who hate themselves, people who are now immune to seeing bits and pieces of human flesh flying in air after Sunday Sunday bombing, people who have no qualms burning themselves, feigning offense at the media calling a body hacker Nigerian. Considering what happens in our country....what else do ya expect them to call him? He fits, right in no? undecided
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by PeterPaulC(m): 6:39pm On May 23, 2013
My fellow Nigerians, these whitemen shouldn't be using us as they like. Tell me that Country without Negative poeple, then I'll show you Heaven. UK takes our people, trains them both positively and negatively, when it backfires, they start pointing accusing fingers unlike when it is beneficial to them. God Help Us, we will get there one Day..........

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by smoothcrim2014: 6:41pm On May 23, 2013
GooseBaba:

Hold your left butt cheeks and repeat after me.. Good luck EBELE Jonathan...he has an African name..
It is not one he uses though. How many people use their middle name.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 23, 2013
Sisi_Kill: This denouncement would make more sense if the real Nigerians weren't doing what he did and even worse everyday.

Your moral huffying and puffing would make more sense if the world was totally UNAWARE of what is going on in the real Nigeria.

Right now all they hear is a buncha people who hate themselves, people who are now immune to seeing bits and pieces of human flesh flying in air after Sunday Sunday bombing, people who have no qualms burning themselves, feigning offense at the media calling a body hacker Nigerian. Considering what happens in our country....what else do ya expect them to call him? He fits, right in no? undecided
Thank you madam sisi! this was exactly what i said in the other thread. why should he be denied as a Nigerian when similar cases of beheadings and killings happen almost on daily basis in this country.

He is a Nigerian whether we choose to accept it or not!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by EasternLeopard: 6:43pm On May 23, 2013
Who says that God doesnt answers prayers. If I am GEJ, I will use this incidence to demonize Nigeria Jihadists(eg Boko Haram) in order to win foreign sympathy and support against internal terrorists like Boko Haram. So I support the view of him being a Nigerian-British citizen.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by GooseBaba: 6:47pm On May 23, 2013
smoothcrim2014: It is not one he uses though. How many people use their middle name.

The fact of the matter is that he has an African name. It's different from one who doesn't have it and cannot trace the origin of his/her English last name or one whose parents considers an African name primitive..
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 23, 2013
He's a Nigerian, Yoruba man (Omonile) awa descendant

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by lagcity(m): 6:48pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN

what is this one talking about? abeg eat apple jor! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by touchmeder: 6:49pm On May 23, 2013
I was talking with a friend yesterday and said ''God i pray those men are not from Africa''
Now can you imagine how i felt learning the foolish boy's heritage is not only from Africa but Nigeria lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by claremont(m): 6:54pm On May 23, 2013
Dee60: I wonder o!

The British media has not called him Nigerian. The British government has not called him Nigerian either. Instead, they called him a Briton of Nigerian descent, which is absolutely correct.

It is us Nigerians calling him 'Nigerian' because his name is Nigerian. For all you care, he may never have seen Lagos, not even in a film.
Spot on!

I have listened to all the media reports and none of them has said that this fellow is a Nigerian. They have all said he is British of Nigerian descent. That is very correct.

The bottom-line is that regardless of where this dude came from, the fact is that he remains a crazed extremist who needlessly murdered an unarmed and defenceless soldier. The main talking-point should be on the terrorist act itself and not the background or religion of the perpetrator.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by EasternLeopard: 6:56pm On May 23, 2013
Now the USA who were buying the falsehood sold by BH supporters that Nigeria terrorism is a product of economic neglect will begin to have a rethink concerning their stand on Boko Haram. I hope it wouldnt repeat itself on US soil before they throw their weight behind the GEJ.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by EasternLeopard: 6:56pm On May 23, 2013
Now the USA who were buying the falsehood sold by BH supporters that Nigeria terrorism is a product of economic neglect will begin to have a rethink concerning their stand on Boko Haram. I hope it wouldnt repeat itself on US soil before they throw their weight behind GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

DSS Is Done With Screening Of President Buhari’s Ministers - Daily Post / Obasanjo: Buhari Will Call Me 'Sir' Till I Die. I Made Him Win 2015 Election / Photo Of Oba Of Lagos, Bola Tinubu, Fashola, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.