Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,277 members, 7,954,095 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? (33905 Views)

Man Commits Suicide For Being Labelled A Wizard / Has There Been Any Nigerian Politician Who Has Never Been Labelled A 'thief'? / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by yuzedo: 4:29pm On May 23, 2013
Because:

1. If he were Polish, Irish or Caribbean, the British Media would play it up too. undecided

2. Same reason some people are secretly gloating that it is not their Tribe that brought this negative attention to Nigeria. undecided

Etc etc. undecided
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by musiwa24: 4:29pm On May 23, 2013
this is one reason Jonathan can not be president after 2015. there are over 10 million nigeria abroad see the satellite pictures.. Jonathan can not continue as the president of nigeria after 2015, the imagines of the satellite pictures most be correct.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by IleIfe2(m): 4:29pm On May 23, 2013
They got him young.He was 15 when he converted. Warning! Don't let your children near the Pakis and Somalis. and secondly it's only in Nigeria that his nationality is being debated. He is British, they should deal with. Give him a 600,000 house and monthly stipend. Crazy white people
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by rodeo0070(m): 4:31pm On May 23, 2013
pappilo:

So Obama is Kenyan then.
That's his heritage...
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by GooseBaba: 4:32pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN

Which yeye carnal be that..! With your shallow logic Obama is not an American since he has Kenyan heritage. When I heard the guy's accent he sounded bristish not Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 23, 2013
pappilo:

So Obama is Kenyan then.
a Kenyan American precisely.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 23, 2013
pappilo:

So Obama is Kenyan then.
mr Eze P! Obama is a Kenyan
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by pappilo(m): 4:34pm On May 23, 2013
Ruq: I don't fuckin know.

This problem actually can be divided equally. When Nigerians see successful acts in the industry American or British. most times we try our best to claim they are Nigerians even if we know they were born and raised there, which is cray very cray i see no fuckin reason to claim Nationals that don't even see the existence of our country. it's not like they are half Nigerian/American or half whatever.

The thing is to actually stop claiming anyone who doesnt feel like being Nigerian itz fuckin pointless.

This guy aint even half Nigerian, he just a descendant of Nigerians.

Naija till i fuckin die.

Very true. Like they like to claim Chuka Umanah MP even though the guy doesnt give a rats a$$ about them
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ogeelove(f): 4:35pm On May 23, 2013
Later reports do not say the victim is beheaded, the lady who spoke to Michael confirmed the head is still intact.
Michael is reported to be a British citizen of Nigerian descent who converted to Islam 10 years ago.
The UK has not made an issue of his heritage so I wonder why the ruffled feathers.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 23, 2013
TOO MANY RESPONSES TO REPLY. BUT THE GUY WHO SAID THE WEATHER IS DIFFERENT IN NIGERIA AND THE APPLE WILL COME OUT SMALLER. WELL IT IS STILL AN APPLE RIGHT ? AND FOR THE GUYS WHO SAY THE BRITISH LIKE TO TAKE CREDIT FOR THE SUCCESS OF NIGERIANS AS BRITISH BUT THEN CASTIGATE THEM AS NIGERIANS WHEN THEY FALL ? THATS PROPHESY FULFILLING ITSELF. THEY ARE GLORYING IN OUR SUCCESS BECAUSE THEIR EMPIRE IS ON TOP BUT REJECTING US WHEN WE FAIL. THE SITUATION WILL BE REVERSED SOON AND WE WILL DO THE SAME TO THEM. SEE THATS ONE OF THE PERKS OF BEING THE EMPIRE IN CHARGE. NOW HERE IS FUTURE PROPHESY ABOUT WHAT WE WILL DO TO THEM WHICH IS THE EXACT SAME THING
ISAIAH 61 VS 6 But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.

AND OBAMA IS KENYAN NOT AMERICAN. THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS AMERICA OVER 500 YEARS AGO YET HIS PEOPLE STILL EXISTED. HE IS NOT AMERICAN. HE IS KENYAN
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Burntcoal(f): 4:36pm On May 23, 2013
Nigerian's in the United Kingdom should
speak out and condemn the beheading of a
citizen yesterday in UK. The beheading was
done by a British citizen and not a Nigerian as
speculated, his name does not confirm his
nationality. This lunatic was born in the
United Kingdom, never been to nigeria, issued
a birth certificate in the UK and held a British
passport. Suddenly he is now a Nigerian?.......

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Lilimax(f): 4:37pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN
But this guy have never been to Nigeria. Proberbly, he does not speak
any Nigerian language. He has lived all his life in the UK.
Is he more Nigerian than the UK or vice ver-sa?
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 23, 2013
Huh uh! Nigeria in the naming again.

Now, he is automatically associated with Nigeria to many Nigerians here, which is not what I am seeing from that news story. He has a Brit accent that automatically qualifies him to be Brit and the fact is not far-fetch he has a Nigerian origin from the information regarding the name - that must be said along the line. Nobody is blaming Nigerians yet than Nigerians themselves.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 23, 2013
Beware of dangerous Muslims! That is reality you must embrace as fighting against their attacks as other problems in any society.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by rodeo0070(m): 4:40pm On May 23, 2013
Nigerian or not, This fellow murdered a man in cold blood...

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by bakynes(m): 4:40pm On May 23, 2013
pappilo:

Very true. Like they like to claim Chuka Umanah MP even though the guy doesnt give a rats a$$ about them

British press call him Choka
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 23, 2013
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by anonymous6(f): 4:41pm On May 23, 2013
Pastor Kun: Why Is The British Born Terrorist Being Labelled A Nigerian?

My Fellow Nigerian & My Most Dearest ,

By now you all must have heard of the gruesome killing of a British soldier by 2 young British men in
Woolwich, SE, London yesterday.

One of the young men has been identified as Michael Adeboloja
and is being refered to in ALL media reports as Nigerian/­British
OR British/­Nigerian (whatever3-| )

But do you also know that 16 out of the 541 British athletes at the 2012 Olympics Games were Nigerians ?

They are as follows:

Phillips Idowu,
James Dasaolu,
Andrew Osagie,
Lawrence Okoye,
Abdul Buhari,
Abiodun Oyepitan,
Anyika Onuora,
Margaret Adeoye,
Christine Ohuruogu,
Marilyn Okoro,
Eniola Aluko,
Temitope Fagbenle,
Anthony Ogoro,
Anthony Joshua,
Peter Bakare
and Dami Bakare.

All represented Britain at the Olympics and WERE NEVER refered to as Nigerian/­British.

Nigerians !!!

It is time we reject ALL negative being attached to US as a nation
and take pride in our tradition
and culture.

Let the world know that despite our differences and challenges we are good people with kind hearts
and love and with great respect for the human race.

We have in no small way contributed immensely to the world economy. We are energetic
and industrious and no amount of propaganda by the media can take away our PRIDE.

WE ARE NIGERIANS,

I AM A NIGERIAN & PROUD OF IT
and WE SHOULD BE PROUD TO BE A GENUINE AFRICAN BRAND.

c/s 100%, I find the whole thing funny, I haven't heard yet who those two fools were but in the end of the day there shouldn't be bad labels on Nigerians. I'm nigerian even though I was born and raised in America, and that shouldn't be ignored

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by magnificentsk(m): 4:41pm On May 23, 2013
this guy is a murderer that's all, prescribe any type of judgement you feel he deserve, dont link this killer to already crumbling country, leave us alone lets face the baby you gave us to nurture "corruption", THIS GUY IS NOT NIGERIAN BY BIRTH, BY ATTITUDE, BY TRIBE BY WHAT SO EVER, HE CANT SPEAK OUR THREE MAJOR LANGUAGE, or simply ask him can he drink GARRI ijebu without sugar?.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by obi123: 4:42pm On May 23, 2013
gramci: He's a jihadist, whether British or Nigerian.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, case closed
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by devour129: 4:43pm On May 23, 2013
Ogoni militant: Yorubas should claim their brother. If it were to be for something good, they would have said he is a Yoruba man
lmao ! But how come Yoruba and Hausa people are easily manipulated ? Don't get me wrong av got strong love for my Yoruba peeps
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Deiok(m): 4:44pm On May 23, 2013
we are NIGERIANS, we are not TERRORIST.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by olapluto(m): 4:44pm On May 23, 2013
The more his story develops, the more I see a frustrated youth. I know his type because I have friends who are like that. British society is ill. The social gap is getting wider and the level of discipline amongst 'ethnic minorities' is falling sharply. Last year, a former classmate of mine was jailed in UK for terrorism. We were mates for 2 years and throughout that period he was hardly a Muslim except by name.
Even though we had a mosque close by, he hardly came to the masjid. Rather, he only comes on Fridays, jokes around with everyone, very unserious with his works, but very jovial. When we all left school, some of my friends called me to say he's now a 'radical' and had grown beards and all. I laughed it off until he sent me a request on fb. I added him quickly but he never talked to me. All he did was share disturbing pictures and rallies on my wall. He was more interested in counter-rallies against EDL. His interpretation of Islam was grossly flawed, and this was very evident in the things he was posting. After untagging myself for many times, I had no choice but to unfriend him. Next time I saw him, was on BBC on the day of his trial. By the following day, his mugshot was on major newspapers. That made me understand a bit about how much radicalisation is going on in Britain.
Youths are frustrated, and they are becoming easy prey for some evil elements with bad intentions. These elements have been chased from almost all major mosques in London. They congregate in youth centres and other meeting places. I have witnessed Juma'a Khutbah interrupted by a brother who felt the Imam wasnt saying what he wanted to hear. Old Kent Road Mosque has a strict stance on those kind of brothers. The Imam is a Nigerian and well respected.
Micheal Adeboloja comes across as a frustrated youth to me, who sought for guidance, but met the wrong guidance. Allah will judge where Micheal went wrong because what he has done is evil and has no place in Islam. I know it is not the right time to perhaps say that the society failed Micheal, but that is the fact. A lot of former 'bad boys' on the streets of London want to change their lives. However, the society seems to always tell them they cannot measure up. They are been subtly told by the society that they cannot measure up to or get near positions in Whitehall. Hard times for the ordinary London youth.

10 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by hyelhira: 4:44pm On May 23, 2013
Hilarious! So you are saying because he bears Nigerian (Yoruba) name, he also does the following like every Nigerian: angry angry angry

1. Speaks Yoruba or other Nigeria language;
2. Loves Amala and ewedu and/or other Nigerian languages;
3. Wears buba/sokoto and other traditional Nigerian attires;
4. Understands the meaning of 'Up NEPA', 'Eko o ni baje', ASUU, ASUP, JAMB, etc;
5. FCT is not a state
6. The police is your friend
7. etc

A kiwi or a kangaroo is more Nigerian than this guy. At least these guys (kiwi polish and kangaroo courts) are more recognised entities..... Orisirisi undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by OilSubsidy: 4:44pm On May 23, 2013
Why Haven't they named the second guy? Is it that difficult to ascertain his identity or are they hiding something? Maybe he is not a Nigerian that's why. Naija don suffer o!

3 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by banshymmex: 4:44pm On May 23, 2013

Well said.

However, no one's making it a Nigerian thing - and all the news media have been careful enough to label them; home grown terrorists. I still don't know why Nigerians are hallucinating over nothing.

The only reason why Nigeria is being mentioned is probably because of the terrorism in Nigeria. And the intelligence services have a right to check if there's any link between these savagely guys and what's going on in their ancestral country. Is BH not in Nigeria anymore?

Who wants to be Nigerian, anyway? Keep your country to yourselves!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by hayubee(m): 4:45pm On May 23, 2013
As if the british are saints!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by lastpage: 4:46pm On May 23, 2013
erniok:
Thank you for this response.he has conveniently forgotten that man is a product of his environment.

Exactly!

As we grow-up, we are affected and "molded" by our environment. That is Social Studies 101!
Have you ever wondered why most Nigerians dont commit suicide ..no matter how bad the situation is?
(Lets leave the Boko Haramist out of the equation for now).

Our "environment" is what affects our mentality!
We have so many cliches to dissuade such fatalist thoughts!

This guy does not speak or sound like a Nigerian (and that is his environment affecting his tongue/accent)
I bet he cant swallow garri! grin

That apple analogy does not wash at all. Too many "factors" have been left out e.g, do we have the same type of "PEST" affecting Apples in Nigeria, as in China?
What about the effect of "environmental pollutions" like Carbon Monoxide, Fertilizer, technology as operates in China Vs. Nigeria?

Anyway, the British authorities have done the right thing: They described him as "A Briton of Nigerian origins"!
shocked shocked
Well, his parents are Nigerian, so his "origins" is Nigerian but he is 100% British. End of story.
My sympathy is with the innocent man who was murdered in cold blood.

Lastpage!

BTW: You dont hear then reminding us of the "origins" of people like Agbonlahon, or other "British people of Nigerian origins", doing well in the UK?
and them plenty well.

3 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by karpentar: 4:46pm On May 23, 2013
simplyOJ:
Bros forget all these stories. Yes he has a Nigerian blood; the fact remains, he is a British citizen; born and brought up in Britain. When a child does well, the Father takes the accolade, when he turns bad, he suddenly becomes the Mothers child. Ibegi! Na British citizen.

These arguements are irrelevant. Even if he's a Nigerian, he didn't commit the terror because of that. He's a muslim who was hacking for allah and hopes to be rewarded with dozens of virgins. Islam, the terror religion is the issue not heritage.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Koolking(m): 4:47pm On May 23, 2013

I do not buy this assertion of yours. What inflamed and influenced his action? Was it the culture he was brought up or the culture he never experience. Dude, you are better than this. Sade Adu is British/Nigerian, but is never acceptable by the media for Nigeria to take the credit of producing a world class musical superstar. The credit of her achievement is British.

This tramp may have a Nigerian origin, he is absolutely NOT a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Mekanze: 4:47pm On May 23, 2013
He is a yoruba guy priod.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 23, 2013
Ile-Ife:
They got him young.He was 15 when he converted. Warning! Don't let your children near the Pakis and Somalis.

do people actually fall for all that i am better and you are monkey negros crap?

low self esteem na wa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

'this Is An Igbo Wedding, We Do Not Want A Yoruba Band Here’ - Tochukwu Ezukanma / Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' / Lagos Prominent Indigenes Seek End To NURTW Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.