Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? (33590 Views)

Man Commits Suicide For Being Labelled A Wizard / Has There Been Any Nigerian Politician Who Has Never Been Labelled A 'thief'? / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 1:12am On May 24, 2013
Wasn't late achebe an US citizen?

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Revolva(m): 1:13am On May 24, 2013
grin Look by all means that Guy the lunatic that killed the soldier is not a Nigerian..i beg...he is born and brought in the UK...so just because he has his native Nigerian surname still with him...that why it seems it wanna looks like another Nigerian wanna take the blame for the attack..

had it been the idiot has two english names like Michael Muhjhad Phillips who go know if he is Nigerian...i beg UK..he is yours forever..deal with him...it is not Nigeria's problem...its yours
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Elgaxton(m): 3:13am On May 24, 2013
Is Michael Adeboloja a British name?

Abeg abeg!! Its unfortunate he has represented the country in a negative light but then it doesn't change his Yoruba name.

After all most of the Nairalanders posting here have done all they can to change their citizenship to that of the U.K yet they are still in Nairaland. Abi na BBC news dem they source for here?

Michael Adeboloja is a Nigerian, whether he is Chinese born or Pluto Born. His name simply identifies his origin.
Hoo! Haaa!

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ChimaAdeoye: 4:06am On May 24, 2013
He is a full blooded Nigerian. Behaved very much like the ones here killing innocent children going to school or poor people going to church.It's shameful how black people want to fight for Arabs and soon after their senseless attacks,the Arabs are the first to vehemently condemn them. May he rot in British jail for ever. His sorry,empty life is over anyhow.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ariomiz: 5:00am On May 24, 2013
I just hope someday people will not be judged by the colour of their skin and the inclination of their name but by the content of their character. A lunatic remains a lunatic even when he is born in space.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by KingPradas(m): 5:44am On May 24, 2013
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill thousands in the middle east, and you are a hero.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Allta(m): 5:45am On May 24, 2013
Why are some so offended when they identify Michael with his fatherland? Afterall beheading is a norm in Jos and northern part of Nigeria....where Muslims behead pregnant women and Christians do the same.

Islam Extremists are first muslims before becoming criminals and kill even more of their own all in the name of Allah.

The fact is Muslims kill more Muslims than westerners do! These criminals have obviously been brain washed, the only solution is to enforce British culture and get rid of stupid multicultural integration in a western society, it has never worked and it will never work!!!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by 4Play(m): 5:49am On May 24, 2013
The arguments on this thread are moot with the identification of the second suspect as possibly Nigerian born.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by KingPradas(m): 5:50am On May 24, 2013
Let's get some facts clear here. These two men killed a British Soldier, not an innocent civilian. They clearly identify themselves as Muslims, but that doesn't mean they represent the religion of Islam and/or over 2 Billion Muslims worldwide.

The British Army/Navy has committed heinous crimes throughout the world, and still continue to do so in Muslim countries today. In these countries, innocent Muslim women and children are killed or maimed every day, LITERALLY. Imagine living with that type of terror. The Media wants you to believe that these Men hate YOU, the civilian, and your way of life. But thats false. They want to save their people from oppression. They want the killing of innocent Muslims to stop. "Eye for an eye, Tooth for a tooth".

The problem is people in the west don't understand how these Men are willing to give their life for complete strangers that have no connection to themselves other than the religion of Islam. So they assume that they're insane/crazy or what-have-you. The fact is Islam teaches Muslims that they are all ONE body. and if One body part is experiencing pain, then the whole body feels it, and of course must do something to remedy the pain

What is the difference between a Drone bomb and a beheading? Why is one less savage then the other? Why are western countries consistently invading poor Middle Eastern countries? Why did the news anchor cut out most of this Man's words and talk over him? Was this man not speaking English?

I don't excuse this Man's actions, because I don't know if that British Soldier was a good man or not. If he actually killed innocent Muslims or not. But perspective is important. This news anchor wants you to pick a side. You don't always have to pick an absolute side, but it is better to understand both sides. That's where the truth is.

5 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 5:55am On May 24, 2013
Fool^^ that's why Arab muslims still call you monkey(abrd), throw you stones and banana right? Thats why they don't want their girls to even look at you right, so much for Islam brotherhood, wake up you are tools being used by them to fight the west .period...an Arab slave, pathetic when we know how this religion came in Africa ,Smh

5 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Allta(m): 5:59am On May 24, 2013
You can not hide the fact that Muslims kill more Muslims in Middle East than Western soldiers do.

I personally will like western soldiers to leave Middle East and deport all Islamic radical jihadists from western countries....but this is not going to happen.

If a Christian had done this stupid act in Saudi, they will not even take him to hospital......they will behead him right on there

3 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:21am On May 24, 2013
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:23am On May 24, 2013
Dee60: The question is not necessary. Even if he is not a Nigerian, there are Nigerians exhibiting WORSE behaviour. let us stop pretending. BH has been beheading people up north for the past 2 years. BH people are NIGERIANS!

Also, in Nigeria, there are people selling human heads. That rarely happens in Britain.

All mankind need salvation from sin and wickedness. The heart of man is desperately wicked.
STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD!!!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:30am On May 24, 2013
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Visman(m): 6:47am On May 24, 2013
No more Larry King Live, its Piers Morgan Tonight
Mad Cow: Because......... There is no Gold medal for terrorism. If he had slit the throat of a Terrorist about to attack the U.K, he would be sitting in BBC's studio right now with later appointments to appear on CNN, Al Jezerra, Fox News, Larry King Show, e.t.c.. And he would be called 'The BRITISH Hero'.

But since its not the case, he is everything but a Brit.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by TheBookWorm: 7:22am On May 24, 2013
How hard is it for many you to understand that both men who committed this act are British of Nigerian (Yoruba) descent?

That is like saying someone who is British, but of Polish descent or even British of Turkish descent. It doesn't take away that they are British, but it recognized that those individuals cultural or ethnic heritage are found in Nigeria, not Britain.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by mizzochocinco: 7:30am On May 24, 2013
Coz he still is nigerian thats all
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by delords2: 7:31am On May 24, 2013
It is not a Western stuff my brothers, even if it were to be in Nigeria the same thing will be said of the murderer. It is just a natural trend.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by kennykool4u: 7:32am On May 24, 2013
I AM A NIGERIAN AND NOTHING WILL MAKE ME DENY IT....THIS GUY IS NEVER A NIGERIAN
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by cfours: 7:53am On May 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Wasn't late achebe an US citizen?

was Achebe born and raised in US? read the topic before posting.

TheBookWorm: How hard is it for many you to understand that both men who committed this act are British of Nigerian (Yoruba) descent?

That is like saying someone who is British, but of Polish descent or even British of Turkish descent. It doesn't take away that they are British, but it recognized that those individuals cultural or ethnic heritage are found in Nigeria, not Britain.

the point is that they are emphasizing his Nigerian-ness even though he might have never even set foot in Nigeria before.
yet if he had won an olympic gold medal, you won't see them calling him nigerian. they will call him british and hide the nigerian part.
that's the point.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 7:56am On May 24, 2013
British of Nigerian descent o....gosh! How else can this be explained? No one has called him a Nigerian except us.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by naptu2: 8:02am On May 24, 2013
JJ. Omojuwa ⁠ @omojuwa

If he has a British passport then he is British. If he was winning gold for Team GB would we call him Nigerian?

JJ. Omojuwa retweeted

⁠IKEMEFUNA ⁠ @sirwebs

What makes him Nigerian? Is Bill Clinton Irish? Even Schwarzenegger is not Austrian? #AdebolojaisnotNigerian .@omojuwa

JJ. Omojuwa ⁠ @omojuwa

When Eniola Aluko scores for England she is British. The day she commits a crime she will become Nigerian

JJ. Omojuwa ⁠ @omojuwa

John Fashanu was British when he was scoring goals for Wimbledon, he became a Nigerian when he had match fixing charges

JJ. Omojuwa ⁠ @omojuwa

We cannot afford to let the world keep defining our identity

JJ. Omojuwa retweeted
Ismail Akanni ⁠ @hismyel
@omojuwa: JJ, the sad part of the whole issue is that Nigerians are usually in the forefront of this perceived negative media.

JJ. Omojuwa ⁠ @omojuwa

You cannot quantify how much Aljazeera has influenced the global conversation on Islam and the Middle East

JJ. Omojuwa ⁠ @omojuwa

@aninoritse A Brit of Nigerian descent? If he was winning gold for you guys would you guys add the Nigerian part of his origin? Wake up!

JJ. Omojuwa ⁠ @omojuwa

@dimu4ever Not about denying his Nigerian origin, this is simply asking would the Nigerian part of him be amplified in a differnt scenario?

JJ. Omojuwa ⁠ @omojuw

Until you show me where the Nigerians that won medals for Team GB were called Nigerians I am done.

JJ. Omojuwa ⁠ @omojuwa

I watched London 2012. At no time were the British athletes answering Nigerian names get called "Nigerian"

JJ.  Omojuwa ⁠ @omojuwa

Nigerians abroad should represent us well. Thing is when they do, they get other passports. Argh! Hard life

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ogeelove(f): 8:04am On May 24, 2013
aysometin: British of Nigerian descent o....gosh! How else can this be explained? No one has called him a Nigerian except us.

Tanx sis. I do not understand the propaganda being promoted on this thread. The UK is not in a furor. I do not know why my people insist on taking panadol for anoda's headache.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by TheBookWorm: 8:04am On May 24, 2013
c.fours:

the point is that they are emphasizing his Nigerian-ness even though he might have never even set foot in Nigeria before.
yet if he had won an olympic gold medal, you won't see them calling him nigerian. they will call him british and hide the nigerian part.
that's the point.

Well maybe it is due to the "Other" factor. The government of the UK is currently having a vigorous debate about immigration. And news like this doesn't help, because even though one of the individuals was born and raised in Britain, he is the son of an immigrant to the UK.

Plus, I feel some of you are forgetting that this man's Nigerian accomplice is said to not even have been born in the UK, but became a naturalized citizen. What do you have to say about that information?
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by cfours: 8:09am On May 24, 2013
TheBookWorm:

Well maybe it is due to the "Other" factor. The government of the UK is currently having a vigorous debate about immigration.

of course duh! that's the point. the contradictions and hypocrisy.
i'm sure there is no mention of how almost half of all doctors in UK are foreign born. there is a reason they allow immigration in d first place. they need workers and labor.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by oloriooko(m): 8:09am On May 24, 2013
You are not a Nigerian cos you were born by Nigerian but born by Nigerian parent and raised in Nigeria, that's what make you a Nigerian.

This wicked Muslim bigot is NOT a Nigerian cos though born by Nigerian parent was never raised here so he cannot tell me he's a Nigerian. I bet you, the guy does not even know where Nigeria is on the map talk more of locating his village or family house.

If the guy is bad, he's a Nigerian but if he's good, he's a Briton; nonsense
The guy is their own and their problem, they should live with it chikena

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by TheBookWorm: 8:12am On May 24, 2013
c.fours:

of course duh! that's the point. the contradictions and hypocrisy.
i'm sure there is no mention of how almost half of all doctors in UK are foreign born. there is a reason they allow immigration in d first place. they need workers and labor.

Well what can you do? The UK or Europe for that matter has never been considered a place that is hospitable for foreigners. When someone who is not native commits a barbaric act such as this, you better be prepared for the blowback, because to be honest, you were never wanted to be in the country in the first place.

It just that some people in the UK government had colonial guilt and that is why there were once favorable policies towards immigrants in the past.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by cfours: 8:15am On May 24, 2013
TheBookWorm:

Well what can you do? The UK or Europe for that matter has never been considered a place that is hospitable for foreigners. When someone who is not native commits a barbaric act such as this, you better be prepared for the blowback, because to be honest, you were never wanted to be in the country in the first place.

It just that some people in the UK government had colonial guilt and that is why there were once favorable policies towards immigrants in the past.

yea ur right. the guy was fighting back against the system.
the system is bigger than him. he should have turned his anger toward something more positive. what a shame.
I just wonder how many people that soldier has killed himself. and who.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by TheBookWorm: 8:21am On May 24, 2013
c.fours:

yea ur right. the guy was fighting back against the system.
the system is bigger than him. he should have turned his anger toward something more positive. what a shame.
I just wonder how many people that soldier has killed himself. and who.

That is NOT what I was saying. The animal committed a despicable act.

What gives him the right to take the life of another over some perceived grievance with a government? What him and his accomplice did was PURE EVIL.

And what angers me is that many Nigerians are not condemning the act and are only worried that he is being labeled as someone who is of Nigerian descent.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Skmoda360(m): 8:25am On May 24, 2013
Akiika: That is the Western media for you.
That's their norms in damaging peoples image and there is always injustice in their write-up.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by OneNaira6: 8:28am On May 24, 2013
I agree that the british and Americans tend to push the UK or USA born Nigerians that commit crimes to Nigeria and emphasize their Nigerian heritage but when the UK or USA born Nigerians are something to be proud off like a doctor, a gold medalist, etc, the US and UK quickly claim the said person as one of their own and disregard mentioning their nigerian heritage.. Though I agree with the crying, some of ya'll are hypocrites. You all do the same thing but opposite. When the said person does good even if he was born and raised outside of Nigeria, you all claim the person as one of "our own". Infact, the tribe the said person comes from boast about the person all over NL but if the person commits some kind of crime, the way he or she is accepted is different. Una either push him/her away and try to emphasize he/she was not born or raised in Nigeria or you emphasize the ethnic group the person comes from and try to pin everything on the said person's "tribe". Those of una that emphasized his lack of Nigerian connection are all being a hypocrite right now.

Anyway, what did he do? I'm totally lost right now. Any link to what the guy did cause una seem totally modified by whatever it is he did.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by cfours: 8:32am On May 24, 2013
TheBookWorm:

That is NOT what I was saying. The animal committed a despicable act.

What gives him the right to take the life of another over some perceived grievance with a government? What him and his accomplice did was PURE EVIL.

And what angers me is that many Nigerians are not condemning the act and are only worried that he is being labeled as someone who is of Nigerian descent.

of course it was evil.
and Nigerians have every right to be worried. if you live in UK as a Nigerian u would be worried too. I worry for innocent Nigerians in the UK who might suffer increased persecution because of this incident.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

DSS Is Done With Screening Of President Buhari’s Ministers - Daily Post / Bola Tinubu, Femi Gbajabiamila And Sanwo-Olu At Tafsir For Lagos (Photos) / Obasanjo: Buhari Will Call Me 'Sir' Till I Die. I Made Him Win 2015 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.