Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread - TV/Movies (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread (2177869 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa The Chase Finale After-party Pictures / Angelo And Bimp Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (2727) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Tuso(m): 4:25am On Jun 30, 2013
spade: By the way, I don't understand guys who even choose to ASK a girl out.

That shiitt reeks of "ancientness" grin

if you're feeling her and you know she's feeling you, steal a kiss as a badt guy, one time!

Correct guy...babes r like cause n effect
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by jejelolatu(f): 4:32am On Jun 30, 2013
so i watched the whole melvin / Dilish convo live and i can categorically say here that Melvin declared His Manifesto to Dillish on international TV. To buttress this, the last thing Melvin said before he turned away and faced the wall was " I shouldn't have come to Diamond" and Dillish replied " you tell me this after 5 weeks, last minute? "

I see most people here judging Dillish for brother-zoning Melvin, she did the right thing i tell you. Aside her beauty, the only other thing that would have stood out about her and attracted Melvin is most definitely the fact that she wasn't chasing Melvin like the other girls.

Wait, what were you people expecting? she should jump into Melvin's bed and act like Maria isn't her friend from waaaaayyyyyyy back? c'mon, she already made it clear to him that she is down for whatever despite having a BF, she told all the HMs today during the Bassey show that Melvin inspires her and that she spends most of her time with him she even added accolades for him sef.

She offered to give Melvin a massage yesterday, she told him she likes him ( forget the i am joking story) . How much more green light can a girl in a relationship give to another guy who is practically in a relationship with her friend (Maria)
Abeg, free the babe make she do shakara small. its obvious that she likes Melvin, Make Melvin sef sort out the Maria end so it doesnt look like Dillish came in between them .

This season is not called The Chase for nothing, Melvin should show his skills if he has any, na today girl dey friend zone guy? i just hope ya @@ses saved Dillish o, cos na dat one go pain me for the matter.

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Tuso(m): 4:32am On Jun 30, 2013
wild child:

what if you're feeling her but she aint feeling you?

U make sure she has the interest b4 u go ahead...if she isn't feeling u, u create that feeling
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Tuso(m): 4:40am On Jun 30, 2013
spade:

I think she genuinely was attracted to Melvin but was atleast smart enough to weigh things out and agree her boyfriend is the reason she's what she is today.
She wouldn't want to risk that for some quick pleasure.

But wasn't she the same girl was said even if a girl has a boyfriend outside the hse, she can still be taken?
I don't agree with u
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by jejelolatu(f): 4:41am On Jun 30, 2013
By the way, did anyone mention here that Dillish was restless on her bed and couldn't sleep for at least an hour after the convo ended. Does that seem like reaction of someone happy to wield the power of NO? i think not.

FLASHBACK
Bassey: Dillish likes Melvin, i came into this house just yesterday and i can see it already.

for those wondering why Melvin spilled his mind , Dillish is up for eviction and might be leaving tomorrow. Melvin got anxious probably and couldn't hold it in anymore, I think the night he told her he will cry if she was evicted was the time he started feeling the pressure.

5 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Tuso(m): 4:49am On Jun 30, 2013
GARRI~ WARLORD:

The problem i have with dillish is that despite the fact Melvin eventually opened up after all this while,she still refused to admit that she also had some feeling for him.. Why didnt she say "I like you also,but i have a boyfriend".. Melvin would have understood,but instead she lied that she only saw him as a brother.. No be only brother,na sister..
I love melvin (no homo) but i actually now love him the more cos he let his pride down and confronted his fears.. Why would i laugh at melvin when i know that she also likes him but is too proud to admit it..
Melvin till day 91.. He who laughs last,laughs the best..

Melvin didn't play his cards well. That's all..he had Dellish all this while! he should have connected with her romantically...he shouldn't have been saying I like I like..he should hve been kissing her when it was obvious delish liked him...luv na cause n effect
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Tuso(m): 5:01am On Jun 30, 2013
GARRI~ WARLORD:

Well,i dont blame melvin cos dillish has pride and he also has his own pride and probably wanted to study her and take things slow so as no to act too desperate..
Dillish purposely led him on and backed off just to feel in control cos she was the same person yesterday who said "If you like a girl,dont give up on her even if she has a boyfriend". What does she mean by that statement...
She gave him all the green light in the world he needed and backed off when he tried to be real... Melvin doesnt have any fault in it..
Love you melvin ##no homo#.. It takes only a man to open up just like you did after all the mind games..

Yeah but as a guy u must 4get abt her ego...let her no ur desire first and then leave the rest 2 her. If she likes u back, she will let u no
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by sholay2011(m): 6:47am On Jun 30, 2013
Lol@comments here esp that of spade. Bur I think many comments here are too partial to Melvin whereas na him get fault for encouraging Maria. Or does he think all gehs wud be jumping at him classlessly? I just loved Dillish more. I won't let my patriotism to Melvin blind me to what a mature and intelligent beauty Dillish is.

The truth is I am not fully convinced that Melvin isnt gay sef ( shocked yeah...I said it). I think he just created all dis love story around himself to justify freeing himself from relationship in the BB house.

Maria likes Melvin bur the person he loves is Dillish. ..simple! And hez just telling Dillish after 4 weeks while still entangled in a mess with Maria? Dillish did the right thing by friendzoning his a.r.s.e.

I voted for Dillish not because of Melvin, but because she is the complete package; with both outward and inner beauty....and shez very deep, maria is free spirited but shallow.

Those that their job is to matchmake somebody for Melvin (even if na by force) shud root for Maria; but ppl like me interested in individuality of housemates wud rada vote for Dillish.

Btw, Maria is going home today and I wud be so hapi for mr spade grin. And I'm not interested in Mellish or wareva...make Melvin go continue his rendezvous wiv Maria outside BB house grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ellab(f): 7:11am On Jun 30, 2013
This is not fair.This is so not fair.
All dis happened when I went to bed.
I woke up to read so many pages and I just felt sad.
Dillish dey cr.aze.Na my Melvin she dey take do yeye abi?
Ohhhhh...y I no choose maria na.Na yesterday I kan dey see Maria well well.
Chai make Melvin no lose that babe o *prays silently*.
Na here THE CHASE go start.make una watch.
Chai! Nna mehn.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by StateOfMind: 7:17am On Jun 30, 2013
I think you are missing the point sholay. No1 is expecting dillish to jump on melvin's bed, they just expected her to have been a bit honest and not economical with the truth. Last night should have been the moment for the 2uptight peeps to come out straight with each other. From what I have read here, melvin did not initiate the conversation with the intention of asking her out, he just stole that opportunity to say what her really felt about dillish and wanted to know if it was ever mutual. Diliish on the other hand tried to play smart on him by denying she has feelings for him but sees him as a brother and bla bla...

Thank God the conversation has taken place finally. We all can now have peace with mellish and the assumptions and gesture readings to prove chemistry by force...

Never been a fan of dillish and melvin 'bond', so whatever. Let the chase continue. cool

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by tsquaure(f): 7:21am On Jun 30, 2013
It's better for Melvin to fashy all of the gals . It is sad he got caught in a love triangle . It is sadder the whole thing is on international tv for all to judge his actions . He won't win with choosing either of the gals so I say fashy all of them m no bi by force to date anyone of them .
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by GARRIWARLORD(m): 7:28am On Jun 30, 2013
StateOfMind: I think you are missing the point sholay. No1 is expecting dillish to jump on melvin's bed, they just expected her to have been a bit honest and not economical with the truth. Last night should have been the moment for the 2uptight peeps to come out straight with each other. From what I have read here, melvin did not initiate the conversation with the intention of asking her out, he just stole that opportunity to say what her really felt about dillish and wanted to know if it was ever mutual. Diliish on the other hand tried to play smart on him by denying she has feelings for him but sees him as a brother and bla bla...

Thank God the conversation has taken place finally. We all can now have peace with mellish and the assumptions and gesture readings to prove chemistry by force...

Never been a fan of dillish and melvin 'bond', so whatever. Let the chase continue. cool
Thak you!!! It wouldnt have taken anything away from her if she admitted cos afterall Melvin already knows she has a BF and always advises her to be faithful to him,so i see no reason why she was economical with the truth....
The bottom line,melvin is free cos he let it out but she on the other hand will be always disturbed by what she supressed until she let it out....
I wont be shocked if she admits it later on,girls and pride sha..
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Beniye: 7:31am On Jun 30, 2013
Melvin was not trying to razzle Dilish. He was only telling her that she lead people on and that at the beginning he too was falling for her but he stop due to her outside relationship.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ellab(f): 7:33am On Jun 30, 2013
just saw this on Twitter...
Maria to annabel-"nominating naija is messing with votes".
Abeg make una tune to ruby house.
can't watch atm.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 7:38am On Jun 30, 2013
easyflex: Really feel sad about delish's friend zoning of melvin. Melvin was forced to come out because of delish's new found and playful love for bassey.
Melvin was really threatened by that as delish was continously inviting bassey to his bed so dude had tocome out about his feelings for delish.
D annoying part is that delish that was previously feeling lony sparked to life immediately after rejecting him.
I feel so sad about this cos melvin might end up loosing both of them.
I somehow blame bassey for this cos someone has to bear the blame... Lol
But melvin goofed sha, all he needed to do was to warm his way into her heart not asking her out.
at what point did he ask her out...too many stories he only asked if she liked him...shikena
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 7:38am On Jun 30, 2013
Well, in Melvin's defence, he did tell Dillish he moved on before he found out Maria liked him. Remember he was fuming on the first week when Maria gave her avatar to Sulu? He wouldn't have cared if he didn't have interests in her.

My opinion.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 7:39am On Jun 30, 2013
safarigirl: at what point did he ask her out...too many stories he only asked if she liked him...shikena

Yeah, truth be told, he didn't ask her out at all.
Let's stop blowing this out of proportion, guys. It was fun last night. Now I've had my fill grin
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by GARRIWARLORD(m): 7:39am On Jun 30, 2013
ella.b:
can't watch atm.
This statement can be classified as POSITIVE,NEGATIVE or NEUTRAL depending on how we choose to look at it..
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 7:40am On Jun 30, 2013
ella.b:
can't watch atm.
That was last nite b4 d party...ann has been putting this idea into peoples head...selly, natasha n now maria
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ellab(f): 7:41am On Jun 30, 2013
hian!
Annabel beta take time o.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 7:42am On Jun 30, 2013
spade: Well, in Melvin's defence, he did tell Dillish he moved on before he found out Maria liked him. Remember he was fuming on the first week when Maria gave her avatar to Sulu? He wouldn't have cared if he didn't have interests in her.

My opinion.
I have been tryna explain this to people all nite...the guy said he moved on when he saw she was occupied..before he even knew about maria...i think he really likes maria tho
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 7:42am On Jun 30, 2013
Also, he refered to his feelings for Dillish in the past tense.

All he asked Dillish was "At what point did you start liking me?" - He even told her to hold it together for Steve.

He wasn't asking her out.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 7:43am On Jun 30, 2013
Beniye: Melvin was not trying to razzle Dilish. He was only telling her that she lead people on and that at the beginning he too was falling for her but he stop due to her outside relationship.
U watched well...dont mind all this people that watch on facebook
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by GARRIWARLORD(m): 7:43am On Jun 30, 2013
spade: Well, in Melvin's defence, he did tell Dillish he moved on before he found out Maria liked him. Remember he was fuming on the first week when Maria gave her avatar to Sulu? He wouldn't have cared if he didn't have interests in her.

My opinion.
Maria step brother,i see you..
Shoooor,you dey sleeep so? After athe late night yesterday,you don wake by this time...
I dey suspect you oooh.. You sure say no be from covoon(Benin branch) you for dey type..
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 7:44am On Jun 30, 2013
safarigirl:
I have been tryna explain this to people all nite...the guy said he moved on when he saw she was occupied..before he even knew about maria...i think he really likes maria tho

The retarrdds at that Facebook page "Big Brother Africa - Africa Forum" don go write rubbish de way dem understand am.

I swear, that useless page should be closed down and the owner, Angel Eye, arrested and waterboarded.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by sholay2011(m): 7:45am On Jun 30, 2013
@ StateOfMind. ...you don't get the gist. Melvin has been wiv her for about 4 weeks now and just telling her he likes when she may be evicted the next day?

I'm glad she denied her feelings for him (with the thinking dat she may go home the next day); then the chorus wud be Dillish very much loved Melvin but he loves Maria (assuming Maria stays and their relationship later blossoms).

Dillish saw the larger picture. Abeg stop defending Melvin...come on! He shud go stick to his Maria but I prefer Dillish as a geh to her by A MILE!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by GARRIWARLORD(m): 7:46am On Jun 30, 2013
spade:

The retarrdds at that Facebook page "Big Brother Africa - Africa Forum" don go write rubbish de way dem understand am.

I swear, that useless page should be closed down and the owner, Angel Eye, arrested and waterboarded.
Wetin dem write? Abeg post the link..
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 7:47am On Jun 30, 2013
GARRI~ WARLORD:

Maria step brother,i see you..
Shoooor,you dey sleeep so? After athe late night yesterday,you don wake by this time...
I dey suspect you oooh.. You sure say no be from covoon(Benin branch) you for dey type..

Keep encouraging your slow brother and his Yar'Adua pace.

E go do you like film when I eventually snatch Maria for myself grin
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by sajbabs(m): 7:48am On Jun 30, 2013
safarigirl:
This conversation was totally Dillish was telling melvin that she was lonely and restless e.t.c and he asked if she liked bassey...she dodged the question.
Then she said she misses her santa claus (steven) Melvin then said she shud try n be faithful to him but it doesn't mean she shud be uptight in the house cos it can be annoying. She started saying how much she's a flirt n guys are always attracted to her bla bla bla (sounded like hakeem for a min) then Melvin told her she was always playing with peoples feelings by flirting with them. He cited Nando as an example and then opened up about how he was attracted to her when he came..he heard she had a bf and knew the gate was locked with no key..so he decided to back off.. He said this was b4 he knew Maria liked him...and when Maria came he never knew she liked him until dillish told him. After that he started having feelings for Maria. He made it clear that he initially liked dillish but later started having feelings for Maria..he then asked dillish when she started liking him and she said d 1st they u came I was attracted to u...but I knew u were off limits so I took u like a brother. Then he asked when did u realize u had feelings for me..she replied I don't have feelings for u..Melvin said dillish told him last night and she was like I was joking..didn't know u took it seriously. I think that got him irritated tho..and he said he wasn't gonna ask anymore questions.

May God bless U... I woke up to some tweets abusing Dellish n calling her a betrayer n other backstabing names, I came to ma darling NL n I got another story, dis people don make ma heart dey weep 4 melvin already cus dis same scenario of a Pride-filled girl turning down a guy will make u feel sorry always...
Back to d matter jaree...

Maria n Melvin combo is gathering more fans than any other combo tho...
Gracia @Safarigirl for d clarification
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by StateOfMind: 7:51am On Jun 30, 2013
@sholay, from further clarifications by posters, melvin did not set out to do that, it came up from a conversation. Reread safari and beniye's post.

Btw, safarigirl are you kechi on the bba forum?
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by spade: 7:52am On Jun 30, 2013
sholay2011: @ StateOfMind. ...you don't get the gist. Melvin has been wiv her for about 4 weeks now and just telling her he likes when she may be evicted the next day?

I'm glad she denied her feelings for him (with the thinking dat she may go home the next day); then the chorus wud be Dillish very much loved Melvin but he loves Maria (assuming Maria stays and their relationship later blossoms).

Dillish saw the larger picture. Abeg stop defending Melvin...come on! He shud go stick to his Maria but I prefer Dillish as a geh to her by A MILE!

For peace sake bro, he said he LIKED her! Not LIKES!
The discussion was mainly on her habit of leading people on. You need to watch the video and stop relying on confused people.

He told her he had feelings for her but backed out when he found out she had a boyfriend.

He also said he only recently realized Maria liked him, and has started developing feelings for her as well.

If you also watched his Saturday evening conversation with Feza the week before, he told her Maria was gradually rising in his books.

Let's stop the misinformation already. Watch the video and then come back with your opinion, bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (2727) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.