Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) (23547 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / I Will Boost Nigeria’s International Profile When I Buy Arsenal - Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by daywatcher: 3:11pm On May 26, 2013
so fancy buildings and plenty of happy foreign people = development?
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by mensdept: 3:44pm On May 26, 2013
These pictures give a false impression of the city/state of Lagos and don't show what many Nigerians try to bury and ignore, that is, the shameful, stinking, overcrowded and polluted parts of Lagos that are the MAJORITY of the area.

We are always wanting to imitate serious nations and countries, copying how they dress and dance and have parade, yet we are cowards when it comes to having a similar revolution, and shedding blood lol.

On the contrary, those pics show the potential that We the Africans can be, but it is not by a patch patch method, and we cannot sweep our filth that the WHOLE WORLD smells under the 3rd mainland bridge, where suit and tie, and think we are now big boys.

4 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by deols(f): 4:05pm On May 26, 2013
not when half of the pictures show malls.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Reference(m): 5:43pm On May 26, 2013
It is still all on the back of oil money period. All I can see are avenues of expenditure.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by mikron(m): 6:14pm On May 26, 2013
phantom: as usual we ve just seen the '1%' of the city.....what of the other '99%' grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
typical black man mentality, never seeing anything good about himself or country. the least you should do is appreciate your cities. but NO, they will always throw insult and make rude remarks

3 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by phantom(m): 6:17pm On May 26, 2013
AjCityOne:

Ode, atleast before you open your mouth you should know the defination of white dude. And besides white dude doesn't raise Lagos profile Asian, gulf nation and the Arabian is where the new money is. Bad belle, you they work for Nursing home 60 hours a week wiping old white dudes yansh and you want come diss my beloved city Lagos. Koni da fun iyalaye o.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin vulcaniser!!!
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by phantom(m): 6:19pm On May 26, 2013
mikron: typical black man mentality, never seeing anything good about himself or country. the least you should do is appreciate your cities. but NO, they will always throw insult and make rude remarks
i dont understand.....which should i appreciate the 1% or the 99%? grin grin grin
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 6:27pm On May 26, 2013
Reference: It is still all on the back of oil money period. All I can see are avenues of expenditure.

To start with, Lagos developed before you found oil in Nigerian and the only thing your oil money gave Lagos are decaying bridges and many worthless federal roads.

I just wonder why all the oil states collecting a huge chunk of the oil money in allocations and derivations including other federal agencies like NDDC's money are still like villages in 2013..

Oil money can not formulate ideas and vision, oil money can not superbly administrate efficient and superior man power and resources, but credible and competent leaders do and this is what you lack even with all your money.

Sadly, the joke is on you...

Instead you have the likes of Alams, Odili, Ibori and the other clowns siphoning your money all over the place for personal use.

Keep shouting
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 6:45pm On May 26, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 6:45pm On May 26, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 6:47pm On May 26, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by TheBookWorm: 6:52pm On May 26, 2013
Quick question for Eko Ile.

Do you know if the current administration in Lagos has any plans of attracting investment/tourism from the Black Diaspora? Ghana does a lot in attracting tourism from African Americans. What about Lagos? I am sure many African Americans, Caribbeans and Afro-Brazilians would love to visit Lagos to trace our roots.

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 6:53pm On May 26, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 6:56pm On May 26, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 7:05pm On May 26, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 7:12pm On May 26, 2013

Visit of Lord Mayor of the City of London to Lagos. Visit to Eko Atlantic. From left is Lord Mayor of London,Alderman Roger Gifford, MD, South Energyx Nigeria Limited, David Frame and British Deputy High Commissioner, Peter Carter with the Great Wall of Lagos behind them.

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Originalsly: 7:13pm On May 26, 2013
Abagworo:

In Nigeria only Lagos and Abuja have the semblance of what a city should look like. Port-Harcourt has some good layouts but no high rises and its expanding uncontrolled.
Are high rises necessary to be a city? ...or to look like Western cities? Is this not copy cat mentality? ...the same mentality that make us want to do the same as others do without regards to circumstances or conditions? Is it not the same mentality that have people proudly wearing winter clothing in tropical Lagos and elsewhere? New Your City, Tokyo and others are vertical cities because of limited space therefore the need to build upward in the form of high rises. Is space a problem in Lagos?...or PH? Manhattan is an island just like Lagos Island...limited space but.....Manhattan is solid rock...is Lagos solid rock? Let's not start getting ahead of ourselves without having proper infrastucture like well laid out streets and drainage systems.... and 24/7 adequate supply of water and electricity.Let's stop putting the cart before the horse or hmmm....arriving before we reach.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 7:18pm On May 26, 2013
Originalsly: Are high rises necessary to be a city?

Every society in the world build high rise buildings for a reason and high rise are synonymous with CBDs in nearly all the capitals around the globe so what's so wrong or copy cat mentality about Lagos? Going by your logic, nearly the rest of the wold is into copy cat mentality.

If you must criticize, feel free to do so with sane, sensible and rationale argument, but not with absurd argument.

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 26, 2013
Lagos was built by the Federal government just like Abuja.

For those who know, Abuja is still under construction after many years of assuming the capital city status. And Lagos enjoyed this status for many decades.

Moreover, Jibowu pictures no dey here.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Diasporan(m): 7:32pm On May 26, 2013
Too much lies about Lagos.Why the use of HD cameras to snap the pix if really the place looks like it is portrayed here?All i can see in most of the pix are shopping malls.Most parts of Lagos mainland IMO is not fit for humans to live.Infact these pix can be shown to those who haven't been to Lagos and those villagers in rural areas that fantasizes Lagos as Europe in Nigeria.That dirty city is over hyped.I lived in Abuja most part of my life.I was shocked the day i went to Lagos.I called few of my Lagosian friends and warned them never to brag about that place again to me if not i will show them pepper.No city in Nigeria is fit to be shown to Foreigners.Bunch of filty lungus.Spit on thread and work away from all these Falsehood and hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 7:37pm On May 26, 2013
okpara ugo: Lagos was built by the Federal government just like Abuja.

See ignorance.. You mind telling us exactly how the FG built Lagos and what they built precisely?

Why even lose sleep over Jibowu instead of your zero development village?
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 7:40pm On May 26, 2013
Diasporan: Too much lies about Lagos.Why the use of HD cameras to snap the pix if really the place looks like it is portrayed here?

This is a new one in the ever growing bad bele kingdom.. Comedians plenty for NL I swear..

lmao

2 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 26, 2013
Go Lagos!!! I am dancing Azonton!

One thing, please, Fashola make sure the development are solid. Most parts of the infrastructure are not that very complete. I can see dust lodging at the pavement, not completely fixed and other close by areas with dusty conditions. It will only take some cheap tiny red-looking clay or other color bricks to fix those areas. I think detail really matters in this Lagos development.

Kudos to Fashola. And, I am confident in your administration. Don't give up in bringing sanity to Lagos.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Diasporan(m): 7:52pm On May 26, 2013
Eko Ile:

This is a new one in the ever growing bad bele kingdom.. Comedians plenty for NL I swear..

lmao
You see why Nigeria will never move forward.I spoke my mind you are calling it bad belle.Bad belle for what?That i said Lagos as a city is over hyped?Hope you ain't thinking am sounding Political?cause i gat no time for APC and PDP comparison.I am speaking as one who have seen both worlds and stand to be corrected that there are many cities in Africa that Lagos first experienced development over but they have overtaken Lagos and other cities in Nigeria by by far i.e Ibadan,Sokoto and Enugu.We should not always settle for the less Nigeria has too much money to be like Singapore and other great emerging cities of Third world countries.SMH Nigerians really have a long way to go and deserve what they are getting from their Leaders

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 8:04pm On May 26, 2013
Diasporan:
You see why Nigeria will never move forward.I spoke my mind you are calling it bad belle.Bad belle for what?That i said Lagos as a city is over hyped?Hope you ain't thinking am sounding Political?cause i gat no time for APC and PDP comparison.I am speaking as one who have seen both worlds and stand to be corrected that there are many cities in Africa that Lagos first experienced development over but they have overtaken Lagos and other cities in Nigeria by by far i.e Ibadan,Sokoto and Enugu.We should not always settle for the less Nigeria has too much money to be like Singapore and other great emerging cities of Third world countries.SMH Nigerians really have a long way to go and deserve what they are getting from their Leaders

And how is Nigeria going to move forward? With silly and laughable rubbish like they are taking pictures with HD camera as if HD cameras magically creates the images in the pictures.

Even with the rest of your rubbish and thoughtless post, you sound even more comical.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 8:09pm On May 26, 2013
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 26, 2013
phantom:
i dont understand.....which should i appreciate the 1% or the 99%? grin grin grin

Are you 100% perfect yourself even in your own kitchen?
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by basilo101: 8:13pm On May 26, 2013
All South westerners kip pointing at Lagos, na wa oo. Make una face Ibadan abeg, dats ur regional capital. Lag is 4 all of us (nigerians)

2 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 26, 2013
basilo101: All South westerners kip pointing at Lagos, na wa oo. Make una face Ibadan abeg, dats ur regional capital. Lag is 4 all of us (nigerians)

Block by block, city by city, state by state we will show others how to do it. It is time to move forward, if you hesitate you will left behind.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 8:41pm On May 26, 2013
basilo101: All South westerners kip pointing at Lagos, na wa oo. Make una face Ibadan abeg, dats ur regional capital. Lag is 4 all of us (nigerians)

I just wonder why only villagers like you come up with this senseless rubbish.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 8:43pm On May 26, 2013
Aigbofa:

Block by block, city by city, state by state we will show others how to do it. It is time to move forward, if you hesitate you will left behind.

WORD!!!!
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by EkoIle1: 8:49pm On May 26, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dr. John Kayode Fayemi Lifts Embargo On Ecobank, Gtbank, Zenith Bank …mdas, / Court Summons Falana Over 'supermarket Judgment' Comments / 24 Boko Haram Insurgents Operating As Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.