Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? (39182 Views)

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by OmoEziokwu: 9:12am On May 29, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

[size=15pt]You're a legend. God bless you. You've said it all

1 million likes !!!![/size]
kiss kiss kiss

plaetton is a legend. TWO MILLION LIKES!!!!!!!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by grandlexuz(m): 9:32am On May 29, 2013
alutacontinua: My own problem still lies in the fact that if a man were to be caught cheating, the story changes!
Why should it be any different for any gender?

You want to know why? A woman's fidelity is her husbands pride. A mans ability to provide for his wife is his wife's pride..lol A cheating wife brings the offspring of another man into her matrimonial home. Nothing could be worse than that!

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Indigbo: 9:33am On May 29, 2013
That is the truth.

Forgiving is not the problem.

The problem is forgetting.

Even if he forgive the woman, the guy may not have long life because he will be thinking about it secretly and seriously, because it will take a small offence on the lady's part for him to be provoked to cut off her head completely.
But, a wise woman will never bring anything similar issue to his memory, but the solution is for the woman doing what he love most by doing that he will forget about it gradually and completely.
Though it's hard to forget, but don't say anything that will trigger the memory back to it. Consider yourself in the situation, do u think it's easy to forget even though if u forgive? Even a psychologist will tell you to live a cool life with him till he will forget about it.
To cap it all, prayer and don't trigger the memory up to it is the solution.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Indigbo: 9:43am On May 29, 2013
grandlexuz:

You want to know why? A woman's fidelity is her husbands pride. A mans ability to provide for his wife is his wife's pride..lol A cheating wife brings the offspring of another man into her matrimonial home. Nothing could be worse than that!

You are very right... If there was true love, she wouldn't sleep with another man.. But I hate console after doing it and trying to console me with one religion? I can kill the woman instantly.. anyway. don't expect full trust in such situation, it will take a while to build the trust back and don't eager for the trust to come back quick, it will come gradually, if u're forcing in trust to come back to normal quick, u're just making things worst for him because the more he remember is the more the issue looks fresh to him as if the woman just slept with another man. Even if you're away to anywhere, he might think u're still doing it, but the solution is don't argue with him or say anything than praying for him and urself

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by cantell(m): 9:48am On May 29, 2013
Read some of the replies in this thread and i can't help, but laugh at people who talk about forgiving so easily. It's easier to say you would forgive, when you're not the victim.
There's simply no excuse for cheating regardless of what the reason might be.
Cheating is not an involuntary action. It takes a huge amount of calculated effort to do.
A cheat will always be cheat. Once you've crossed that line the first time, the rest is easy.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by grandlexuz(m): 9:57am On May 29, 2013
A few months back I was discussing with my kid sister and she was very furious on why male adultery was lightly looked upon in Africa. This was my explanation to her. If she told mum she has seen the man of her dreams, what would be her first question?? "Weti dey man di work?" Why? Because a mans first role is to provide for his wife and family. On the other hand when a man tells the mum he has seen the woman of his dreams, what is often the first response, " I hope say no be na dis Lagos girls"-lol I never heard any mum refused the son from marrying a girl because she got no job..lol Their major concern is uprightness and a morally backup family or village..lol True talk right? I am not saying it is close to right for a man to cheat, but the repercussions when a woman cheats is higher. Women, did you know in most cases if your man was cheating with the girl next door, that girl would be scared of you and unable to look at you in the eyes. Try cheating with the guy next door and check out his swag when he meets with your husband at the corridor..lol

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by grandlexuz(m): 10:03am On May 29, 2013
armyofone: Yes, forgive.

The good book said: He who hath no sin should first cast the stone and the pharises left one by one.

And the good book also said a man may not divorce his wife except in the case of adultery. Chai the good book even knows how painful a woman's adultery is!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 29, 2013
bily:

nairaland is a very funny place. i am sometimes amazed at the level of comprehension of some people here. lorretta did you even take the time to read oyin50 comments before concluding that she supported obadiah's views? i understand you are a woman and you may want to support your own, but what oyin was simply saying is adultery is disgusting from her point of view especially being a woman. she never said it was ok for men to commit adultery. lets call a spade a spade here. if something is disgusting, then its simply disgusting irrespective of gender.

all you peeps are trying to do is make it a gender issue and it is not. you see, when you try to twist simple issues like this into a gender equality stuff, unknowing to you, you are subtly supporting it. that is why i prefer oyin's view. she said paraphrased 'is it then an excuse for me to be filthy cos men are filthy?' we have to be careful what we say and support cos it may come back to hunt us. what is wrong is wrong. afterall men who cheat dont cheat with themselves, they do it with women. so the women they do it with what do we then label the women? victims? or cheats? the answer is very simple, the women men cheat with are also cheats. so we have about an equal number of cheats between men and women, so dont for once pretend women are victims here.

coming back to the OP, i may forgive, it will be very hard and it will take a lot of divine strength. but i think its more likely i will send her packing, its not something i pray for anyone to experience, its a difficult situation.
you do make sense.but you're getting me wrong too.and frankly I'm tired of arguing about this.in the past I used to be of the school of thought that cheating was worse in a woman than in a man.seeing as it's quite irritating to let someone else other than my man even touch me innocently how much more sexually,but I've come to see that men take this view which many women have as a license to mess around.now if I find it irrittating to let another man touch me,how do you think I'll feel if a man who sleeps around is my man.it's just the same as sleeping around myself(ugh.how disgusting)I didn't misquote OYIN50.her view is that it's worse for a woman to cheat which I don't agree with.it's the same sin.whether you like it or not.and the consequences are the same.God has no bias.there's no twisting this into a gender war except it's what you guyz want.as for those singing internet feminism,I'll say it once again.I'm no feminist.I appreciate the differences in men and women.it's one of the beauties of life.so because a woman doesn't take cheating from men as a common thing,she's now a feminist?many guys on this forum have ego problems.makes me wonder if their fathers actually loved and respected their mothers.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 29, 2013
pro01:

You dey mind all these deluded internet feminists? Let them leave their so-called cheating husbands and return to ther parents' house na. Even her own mother would flog her back to her husband's house if her only flimsy excuse for running away is that she caught him with another woman (who he doesn't even intend to marry as a second wife). Even battered women hang on to their marriages because of the shame associated with returning to their father's house after a failed marriage, let alone the inconsequential and expected matter of a well to do and desirable man keeping concubines. These confused kids MUST deal with the fact that it is culturally permissible for a man to keep as many partners as his resources allow, just as it is a painful cultural norm in Nigeria that men have to do all the chasing and spending in a relationship.

If this cultural reality is too inbearable for you, then go find an oyinbo man somewhere in Norway to marry. Call me a chauvinist if you want, the truth remains what it is. If you think this entitles you to also cheat, you are on your own. Gender equality my foot.
you need to come out from that cave you live in.no right thinking woman will stay on in a relationship or marriage where battering occurs.it's only hopeless and helpless women who do that.there's no shame in leaving a marriage where your worth as a person is undermined and your personality trampled upon.wake up and smell the coffee.it might have happened to your mother and sisters and they bore it,doesn't mean it happens to every family.or that all mothers will encourage their daughters to bear battery just to stay married.you and your likes spoil the santity of marriage,and with this your mentality which I'm sure you must somehow exhibit in your character,I can assure you that your wife won't stay faithful to you.and you most likely won't find out.u can doubt that all you want.but it's true.
And men don't do all the spending in a relationship unless of course like I said,you're still living in a cave.wake up wake up wake up.the train is leaving you behind.I wonder why guyz like u are busy trying to keep this aspect of culture alive when there's so much parts of our beautiful culture that has been wiped away without you guyz lifting a finger to sustain them.but when it comes to matters of the loin,you all spring up and start clamoring culture.someone like you will want a wife who cooks,cleans,takes care of the home and kids,do all the menial chores keeps you satisfied and still earn money for the family upkeep.but to stay faithful,you remember culture.who do you think you're fooling?you don't care about any culture .you care about nothing apart from sex/ual satisfaction from as many sources as possible.and that's the simple truth.

5 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 29, 2013
grandlexuz:

And the good book also said a man may not divorce his wife except in the case of adultery. Chai the good book even knows how painful a woman's adultery is!
since he was talking to men alone,can you please tell me where in the good book God instructs women to stay with cheating husbands,cos I might have skipped that part.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by plaetton: 1:36pm On May 29, 2013
lorretta u: from all your posts here,it's evident that you'd expect to be forgiven,even tolerated when you cheat.but cannot even for a moment entertain the idea of forgiving your wife if she does the same.if that's not hypocrisy,I don't know what is.even trying to justify why a man cheating is better than a woman cheating(by supporting obadiah's post)ok let's put the anatomy And antigen,bal bla issues aside.I don't even want to start analysing that.if I do both of you will see how wrong you're.BUT
How about your wife's feelings that you're gonna hurt,isn't that enough reason to consider absolute faithfulness the way you expect from her as well?if the hypocrisy in your arguement isn't clear to you,I doubt if anyone can make you see it.
Suffice is to say that whatever you give,is what you gonna get.SIMPLE.

lorreta my dear,
you must be mistaking other people's posst for mine.
I repeat , I did not ever state or imply that a man who cheats should be held to a different standard than this particular woman. All I have done is to focus my views on the facts presented by the OP.

So, you owe me an appology, so that I can whip out my forgiveness card.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 29, 2013
*bold faced lies*

5 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by plaetton: 3:03pm On May 29, 2013
ileobatojo: *bold faced lies*

Everything is on record here.
Please show me where.
Otherwise, shame on you.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by olmzerfemi: 3:36pm On May 29, 2013
It is amazing how much energy each person has used to defend or express a point. In African culture, a man can marry as many wives has he wants. In Biblical terms. a man is entitled to only a wife!!! Even when African culture supports marrying more than a wife, cheating is still not permitted***. It is equally important that women are scared human beings because of the value placed on them. Likewise the Man as the head of a woman.

Now to the issue under discussion, what is bad is bad. Nothing can make a man forgive an adulterous wife. A wife is different from a girlfriend or mistress or whatever. Please equally note that a woman will never forgive his man for cheating on her. If she said she has forgiven you, you have a life time of work to do to earn her trust back except that she cant ask you to move out of the house just like in Europe/America.

In short, spend your time loving your wife, she really needs little to be happy. Likewise, woman love/respect and make your husband happy. It takes very little to keep your partner focused on you. Once you can do that, adultery wont set it.

Unhappy partners are ones we need to worry about. It takes two to tango. Leave no room to the devil. cool

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by grandlexuz(m): 7:58pm On May 29, 2013
lorretta u: you need to come out from that cave you live in.no right thinking woman will stay on in a relationship or marriage where battering occurs.it's only hopeless and helpless women who do that.there's no shame in leaving a marriage where your worth as a person is undermined and your personality trampled upon.wake up and smell the coffee.it might have happened to your mother and sisters and they bore it,doesn't mean it happens to every family.or that all mothers will encourage their daughters to bear battery just to stay married.you and your likes spoil the santity of marriage,and with this your mentality which I'm sure you must somehow exhibit in your character,I can assure you that your wife won't stay faithful to you.and you most likely won't find out.u can doubt that all you want.but it's true.
And men don't do all the spending in a relationship unless of course like I said,you're still living in a cave.wake up wake up wake up.the train is leaving you behind.I wonder why guyz like u are busy trying to keep this aspect of culture alive when there's so much parts of our beautiful culture that has been wiped away without you guyz lifting a finger to sustain them.but when it comes to matters of the loin,you all spring up and start clamoring culture.someone like you will want a wife who cooks,cleans,takes care of the home and kids,do all the menial chores keeps you satisfied and still earn money for the family upkeep.but to stay faithful,you remember culture.who do you think you're fooling?you don't care about any culture .you care about nothing apart from sex/ual satisfaction from as many sources as possible.and that's the simple truth.

Lorretta why are you so angry?..lol You remind me of Tyler Perrys Madea. Why tell a man his wife will never be faithful to him.. I think what Pro01 meant is that very few women will actually consider divorcing their husbands because they cheated. Like it or not that is very true. Try to digest the lines of others before giving pronouncement. You just cannot blame anyone for being a lady..lol
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by grandlexuz(m): 8:00pm On May 29, 2013
olmzerfemi: It is amazing how much energy each person has used to defend or express a point. In African culture, a man can marry as many wives has he wants. In Biblical terms. a man is entitled to only a wife!!! Even when African culture supports marrying more than a wife, cheating is still not permitted***. It is equally important that women are scared human beings because of the value placed on them. Likewise the Man as the head of a woman.

Now to the issue under discussion, what is bad is bad. Nothing can make a man forgive an adulterous wife. A wife is different from a girlfriend or mistress or whatever. Please equally note that a woman will never forgive his man for cheating on her. If she said she has forgiven you, you have a life time of work to do to earn her trust back except that she cant ask you to move out of the house just like in Europe/America.

In short, spend your time loving your wife, she really needs little to be happy. Likewise, woman love/respect and make your husband happy. It takes very little to keep your partner focused on you. Once you can do that, adultery wont set it.

Unhappy partners are ones we need to worry about. It takes two to tango. Leave no room to the devil. cool

That was some write up. Believe me I did learn something from it!
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by grandlexuz(m): 8:09pm On May 29, 2013
lorretta u: you do make sense.but you're getting me wrong too.and frankly I'm tired of arguing about this.in the past I used to be of the school of thought that cheating was worse in a woman than in a man.seeing as it's quite irritating to let someone else other than my man even touch me innocently how much more sexually,but I've come to see that men take this view which many women have as a license to mess around.now if I find it irrittating to let another man touch me,how do you think I'll feel if a man who sleeps around is my man.it's just the same as sleeping around myself(ugh.how disgusting)I didn't misquote OYIN50.her view is that it's worse for a woman to cheat which I don't agree with.it's the same sin.whether you like it or not.and the consequences are the same.God has no bias.there's no twisting this into a gender war except it's what you guyz want.as for those singing internet feminism,I'll say it once again.I'm no feminist.I appreciate the differences in men and women.it's one of the beauties of life.so because a woman doesn't take cheating from men as a common thing,she's now a feminist?many guys on this forum have ego problems.makes me wonder if their fathers actually loved and respected their mothers.

You have a good point, but the issue was not about God forgiving the sin. It is more about how society looks at it. Our African society. If you are an exception, believe me most married woman will readily forgive their adulterous husband with something as small as a new dress. Thankfully you appreciate the differences in man and woman. Did you know a man could get sexually arouse just by listening to the voice of a woman in the next room. Believe it or not most cheating men still adore and worship their wives. On the other hand when a woman starts cheating you risk having the bile of a python for breakfast..lol

3 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by dealslip(f): 9:23pm On May 29, 2013
plaetton:

You shut up!.
Do you have comprehension problems?
You need to retake your Waec english.

In all my posts on this thread, I have never advocated, supported or indrectly implied that it was okay for men to cheat or that men should be held to a different standard.
I am simply addressing the issue based on the facts presented by the OP.
Comprendo? undecided
Why don't you go back to your thread and comprehend what you wrote in there. Adultery by a wife is premedidated and would take gods to forgive but men are hypnotised right when they commit adultery. A man's esteem and pride is reduced if his wife commits adultery what happens to the woman who has been hurt by a cheating husband. Its painful when the supposed leaders of home lack the basic character of true leadership. Most of you are quick to point to Jonathan's faults when he doesn't keep faith with Nigerians but can't tolerate the mistakes of others. You are not fit to be a leader in a home if your masculinity can be eroded by your wife's mistakes. Work on your mentality it is very very narrow. At least its not a big deal when husbands commit adultery. it shouldn't be if women commit adultery. Adultery is adultery and sex is sex but the judgement of God remains the same

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by juleze(f): 1:03am On May 30, 2013
livebullet:

becos by nature , a man has more than 1 slot for a wife. God made it so. Each woman is made just 4 1 man.
Fallacy!!!
If God did, then why would he punish men for adultery? That's too far self; if a man isn't loving his wife like he should, his prayers wouldn't be answered. An adulterous man is as guilty as an adulterous woman in the sight of God and any true Christian

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by juleze(f): 1:18am On May 30, 2013
For those who say that some cheating men still love their wives, you lie!
why would you put her health at risk for your selfishness or erode the trust she has in you because of your greed?
That's not love at all!
Incase you don't know, you also put your future child at risk of contacting herpes, as condom doesn't cover the whole genital (lets not even talk about the faulty batches that were recalled or other problems). Once you've gotten herpes, you can transfer it to your wife, who can also transfer to your child. Annoying thing is that you can have it for years, without symptoms.
If you won't do it for your wife's sake, do it for your kids'.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by juleze(f): 1:25am On May 30, 2013
grandlexuz:

Not adultery, but fornication.
Fornication in this case refers to marriages that are wrong, for instance, incestuous marriages that were discovered to be so later, or marriages to divorcees, as Jesus said that he that marries a divorcee is committing adultery. He/ she's another's until death do them part.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by juleze(f): 1:30am On May 30, 2013
grandlexuz: A few months back I was discussing with my kid sister and she was very furious on why male adultery was lightly looked upon in Africa. This was my explanation to her. If she told mum she has seen the man of her dreams, what would be her first question?? "Weti dey man di work?" Why? Because a mans first role is to provide for his wife and family. On the other hand when a man tells the mum he has seen the woman of his dreams, what is often the first response, " I hope say no be na dis Lagos girls"-lol I never heard any mum refused the son from marrying a girl because she got no job..lol Their major concern is uprightness and a morally backup family or village..lol True talk right? I am not saying it is close to right for a man to cheat, but the repercussions when a woman cheats is higher. Women, did you know in most cases if your man was cheating with the girl next door, that girl would be scared of you and unable to look at you in the eyes. Try cheating with the guy next door and check out his swag when he meets with your husband at the corridor..lol

False!
Why do househelps become bolder once they've started sleeping with oga?

so, if a woman is only faithful, but won't take care of themselves, their husbands are stillproud of them?
and if a man can't provide for his family due to a setback, he can then lose his wife's respect?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by isalegan2: 4:42am On May 30, 2013
obadiah777: CHEATING IS DIFFERENT WITH MEN AND WOMEN. SEE THE WOMAN IS A RECIEVER. SHE IS GETTING FOREIGN MATTER INTRODUCED INTO HER BODY. THE SPERMATOZOA IS A FOREIGN BODY AND IT CHANGES THE COMPOSITION OF HER AND THEN SHE CREATES ANTIGENS TO THE GUYS SPERMATOZOA SO THE GUY IS WITH HER FOREVER. EVERY GUY A WOMAN HAS EVER SLEPT WITH REMAINS WITH HER FOREVER. SHE HAS ANTIGENS OF ALL THE MEN SHE HAS EVER HAD SE-X WITH. THATS WHY A WOMAN LOOKS HAGGARD THE MORE PARTNERS SHE HAS. HER IMMUNE SYSTEM GETS JACKED UP FROM ALL THE ANTIGENS CREATED IN HER. EVERY MAN A WOMAN HAS YANSHED IS IN HER FOREVER. FOR MEN ITS DIFFERENT. FOR MEN IT IS MORE OF A SPIRITUAL WEAKENING. FOR WOMEN ITS BOTH PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL

This is just common sense. But God forbid they allow that to be taught in schools on in mass media.

Re OP, I think you're more likely to hear of a husband reacting this way (below) than offering forgiveness to a cheating wife.
http://gawker.com/5989819/riflemans-journal-host-shot-and-killed-by-jealous-husband-in-murder+suicide

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 8:25am On May 30, 2013
juleze:
and if a man can't provide for his family due to a setback, he can then lose his wife's respect?

Is this a question, a rhetorical question, or a statement of fact? I'm convinced that some of you people live on the internet, or perhaps in some remote society somewhere around Antarctica. Anyone that lives in Nigeria and is not detached from the reality of Nigerian culture and environment would not make these ridiculous arguments. That was how the other one was deceiving herself that men are no longer required to do all the spending in relationships. Granted that there are always a few exceptions, but what is the norm? People should stop distorting reality - there is a big difference between the internet and the real world. One shouldn't resort to baseless lies merely because she wants to sound smart or win an argument.

Of course a man almost always loses his wife's respect when he is no longer able to provide for the family. Some women are more patient than others, but ultimately, they ALL get tired of waiting for the man to overcome his "setback", and they then proceed to disrespect him in every way imaginable, including sleeping with other men.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by biolabee(m): 9:21am On May 30, 2013
tragically true....

See https://www.nairaland.com/1224069/ladies-what-make-disrespect-husband

Some female posters even supported the disrespect to the husband .. heck some support scammers because men have scammed their hearts too..

what will our women not do... undecided cry cry cry

pro01:

Is this a question, a rhetorical question, or a statement of fact? I'm convinced that some of you people live on the internet, or perhaps in some remote society somewhere around Antarctica. Anyone that lives in Nigeria and is not detached from the reality of Nigerian culture and environment would not make these ridiculous arguments. That was how the other one was deceiving herself that men are no longer required to do all the spending in relationships. Granted that there are always a few exceptions, but what is the norm? People should stop distorting reality - there is a big difference between the internet and the real world. One shouldn't resort to baseless lies merely because she wants to sound smart or win an argument.

Of course a man almost always loses his wife's respect when he is no longer able to provide for the family. Some women are more patient than others, but ultimately, they ALL get tired of waiting for the man to overcome his "setback", and they then proceed to disrespect him in every way imaginable, including sleeping with other men.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by saolab: 9:53am On May 30, 2013
Princess zoe: Saolab you cannot divorce if you have been unfaithful to your wife except if you have made restitution in which if that is the case, you will forgive her the first time out of the reason that you were once unfaithful. Bible never gave that instruction in matthew 19 vs 9 to adulterous men but faithful men that was why they said "if the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry". Coming to your second question. If you are a good and pratical christian you wouldn't have asked me that question. In the beginning God made them man and woman. Adam and eve and not adam, eve and evangeline. That alone should tell you the original plan of God. Apart from deuetromy 17 vs 17; 1 timothy 3 verses 12: Almost all the instructions given by God on marriage grounds throughout the new tastament were based on one man, one wife ideology. Ephesians 5 verses 28 reads HE that loveth his WIFE (not wives) loveth himself; verses 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, shall be joined unto his WIFE(not wives) and they TWO(not three) shall be one flesh; verses 33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his WIFE(not wives) even as himself and the WIFE(not wives) see that SHE(not they) reverence HER(not their) husband. I have quoted enough. The scripture says something about some men "perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth.....i hope you are not one of them.
thank you princess, i checked all d bible verses u quoted,answer to my qestion were not there but i understand you. I listened to a program last month by one of a known Pastor in my state about misinterpretation of holy bible. The said pastor asked d question i asked u,he was on air for more than an hour waiting for answer but nobody could give straight answer as d Pastor requested. Let us not b interprete bible to suit us. Though alot of issues came up during d said phoning programe that lead to d question. May God guide us.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 9:56am On May 30, 2013
isale_gan2:

This is just common sense. But God forbid they allow that to be taught in schools on in mass media.

Re OP, I think you're more likely to hear of a husband reacting this way (below) than offering forgiveness to a cheating wife.
http://gawker.com/5989819/riflemans-journal-host-shot-and-killed-by-jealous-husband-in-murder+suicide
ISALE GAN WETIN DEY SHELE. WE NO SEE YA BREAK-LIGHT AGAIN NOW cheesy cheesy TRUST ALL IS WELL. BUT YOU ARE RIGHT. THEY WILL NEVER TEACH THAT IN SCHOOLS. YOU KNOW THE MORE LAWLESS THE SOCIETY IS THE MORE CONTROL THEY CAN HAVE OVER YOU. THEY LIKE IT THAT WAY. wink
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 9:58am On May 30, 2013
plaetton:

grin
Lord Obadiah 777, na you biko. cool
Tell them jare.
CHIEF PLAETTON I TROWAY SALUTE SIRE cheesy
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 10:26am On May 30, 2013
grandlexuz:

You have a good point, but the issue was not about God forgiving the sin. It is more about how society looks at it. Our African society. If you are an exception, believe me most married woman will readily forgive their adulterous husband with something as small as a new dress. Thankfully you appreciate the differences in man and woman. Did you know a man could get sexually arouse just by listening to the voice of a woman in the next room. Believe it or not most cheating men still adore and worship their wives. On the other hand when a woman starts cheating you risk having the bile of a python for breakfast..lol

Dear,

Except adore and worship has taken new meanings, please don't put them in the same sentence with an adulterous husband.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Princesszoe: 3:37pm On May 30, 2013
Saloba, you may ignore what you read and choose to satisfy your own human and carnal desire. God can never force you to accept the truth. You are free to pervert the truth afterall we have the power of free will. I don't argue when it comes to what the bible say. The word of God stands sure. Ofcourse many people hates godly truth because it conflicts with their worldly desires. But unfortunately only the truth will set them free from carnal desires and ungodly beliefs. Luck with your ideology and ordinary human wisdom.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by obyrich(m): 4:34pm On May 30, 2013
juleze:

Not adultery, but fornication.
Fornication in this case refers to marriages that are wrong, for instance, incestuous marriages that were discovered to be so later, or marriages to divorcees, as Jesus said that he that marries a divorcee is committing adultery. He/ she's another's until death do them part.
Pray tell me who were the parents of Cain's wife. Did you know Abraham was related to Sarah? Incest is defined by culture my dear, and not the scripture. What a particular culture may term incest may be acceptable in another culture. I'm yet to read where in the bible someone was punished for incest. What was Lot's punishment for Impregnating his two daughters? Could anything be more incestuous than that? Stop twisting the bible my dear. Read the bible with an active mind. Please look up the meaning of adultery in your dictionary before commenting.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by grandlexuz(m): 7:02pm On May 30, 2013
bukatyne:

Dear,

Except adore and worship has taken new meanings, please don't put them in the same sentence with an adulterous husband.

Let us know when you leave your husband for cheating on you. Believe me, you might end up getting married to the entire Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Once Husband And Wife Sleep In Different Beds, The Marriage Is Almost Over ..... / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Lagos Pastor Divorces Wife For Sex & Food Starvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.