Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> (644767 Views)

Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Romance Story- The Neigbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by opeano(m): 1:34am On Jun 27, 2013
grin now i av caught up wt u guys and ladies..nice story so far, i followed dis story frm page 1 wen it started, and @ a tym, i lost interest, purely cos i hate fairytale romance. Got back here and den am lovin romance, mayb cos i just switched my searchlyt woreless on again. I just hope she says yes wen i ask her, tomorrowwwwww
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by opeano(m): 1:36am On Jun 27, 2013
opeano: grin now i av caught up wt u guys and ladies..nice story so far, i followed dis story frm page 1 wen it started, and @ a tym, i lost interest, purely cos i hate fairytale romance. Got back here and den am lovin romance, mayb cos i just switched my searchlyt wireless on again. I just hope she says yes wen i ask her, tomorrowwwwww
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by dandollaz: 5:55am On Jun 27, 2013
Repoo this waiting game is getting on my nerves.if it's no be u eeee.omo my vex is a raging fire ooo.oya come and pencil down Tori...
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by EzePromoe: 6:53am On Jun 27, 2013
Damex333: u get question 2 ansa o. Is he that close 2 u 2 know ur pet name(tatafo) grin grin. Papa must hear this. And u sef, d guy talk say na illustration o. Na only me and papa fit love u na. wink wink
What if i'm her papa undecided
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nelson11: 10:05am On Jun 27, 2013
where dis chap na??.............................sista come here jor. Dis ur suspense is becoming alarming.......abi dem don kidnap u??
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by pwettyolly(f): 10:52am On Jun 27, 2013
aunty repooooooooooooooooooo we r waittttttttttttttttttttiiiiiiiiingggggg
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Melancholy(m): 10:53am On Jun 27, 2013
What i don't like about this brilliant story is that kite is too pampered. luck!!! As if kite is this supernatural human.am on chapter 11 and let see how the rest goes
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
Eze Promoe:
What if i'm her papa undecided
you? I know her papa tongue.
Melancholy: What i don't like about this brilliant story is that kite is too pampered. luck!!! As if kite is this supernatural human.am on chapter 11 and let see how the rest goes
NO WORRIES, KITE GO SOON SURFER SO TEY U GO HELP HER CRY.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by oyestephen(m): 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
Damex333: you? I know her papa tongue. NO WORRIES, KITE GO SOON SURFER SO TEY U GO HELP HER CRY.
NA YOU WRITE THE STORY ?
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2013

Kite was distracted. Too many things were happening at the moment, her weekend had been shi’tty, starting with the kiss she’d shared with Williams on to the fight with Lucky and Di and then there was the issue of Princess and the next stunt she might pull, to crown it all up, there was Izu who was beginning to ask when they would hit the sheets again. She wasn’t sure if moving in with him had been such a good idea, being under the same roof like they were was going to make it harder for them stick to her rule of no sex yet. So far, he’d been okay with it but she suspected it wouldn’t last for too long .

She couldn’t exactly put a finger on why she wanted them to hold off from sex for a while, maybe she wanted to regain her trust in him, that he wouldn’t up and leave her again without a word again. He’d promised her that it was never happening again and she wanted to believe him but a part of her was still holding back from giving in to him totally. Aside from that, she seemed not as drawn to him as she used to be, Izu was a fine specimen of a man and she used to be madly attracted to him but somehow the spark had kind of fizzled her and she didn’t know why, was it also because of the six months apart? Kissing him used to be so much more exciting than it was these days, she wasn’t so much into his kiss or his touch. Saturday evening they’d made out a bit in his apartment but she’d found her mind drifting to her dark skinned, pink lipped boss whom she’d shared a kiss with.

Over the weekend, the kiss had constantly kept coming back to haunt her thoughts. From the first moment his lips had met hers, she’d wanted it, she’d wanted him. Her heart beat had quickened and she’d held on to his arms for fear that he knees would buckle. It had taken her all to break it off, she hadn’t want to but she’d found the strength to pull away from him. How could she be with someone but be craving kisses from someone else? Craving to be held by him and for him to know her intimately.

She shook herself, what was she thinking? She had to push those fantasies away, Izu was the one for her, they were just going through a rough patch at the moment, it would smoothen out eventually.

She wasn’t so sure about her friends though, Lucky had been really angry with her and Diamond had been quiet but Kite knew she also wasn’t happy with her at hearing her news. They were her friends, why didn’t they just support her? What were friends for after all if not for support? She hated fighting with them, they were wonderful friends but they’d given her no choice. They’d made her choose between them or Izu and who else could she choose but the person who she was in love with? She really hoped Izu wouldn’t make her regret her decision, there was nothing she hated than ‘I told you so’ from her friends.

She looked up as Princess walked out of Ise’s office. Their eyes met for a second as she walked out to the reception. Princess had been giving her some werd eyes all morning.

Kite recalled that morning when Princess had come into the office and seen her behind her desk. Since the query she’d begun arriving before 8 a. m so that wasn’t what had made Princess do a double take. Kite suspected she’d not expected her to be there, maybe she’d thought she’d be fired for what had happened on Friday. Too bad for her that her plans hadn’t worked. Kite had been tempted to confront her but she knew that would be a huge mistake, she would just let it slide for now until she had a chance to pay her back in kind.

Princess came back into the room and took her seat behind her desk, Kite decided it was time to get her head into her work but that didn’t happen. Just as she was about to go back to work, a lady walked in and Kite couldn’t help but stare at her spell bound, even Princess stopped what she’d been doing and looked up at her.

Eneze, the receptionist was with her, she led her to Princess’s desk “ Princess, this is Dr. Sholanke, the one Mr. Williams is expecting.”

“Alright, thanks Ene.” Princess said dismissing the receptionist, if Princess thought the lady looked sensational she didn’t show it, she was a real professional at hiding her feelings. Kite on the other hand was ogling shamelessly. The woman was a Kim Kardarshian look alike, such beautiful olive skin, long natural tresses that was more beautiful than the most expensive weave. Stylishly dressed and with an air of importance.

Was she a client or a friend of Williams’s, she wondered.

Kite stared at her until she was behind Mr. Williams’s door, the spell was finally broken. ‘Wow’ She thought, some women fine sha. Those were the types that mingled with billionaires like Williams, not a Warri brought up local champion like her. Kite knew she was hot but the lady who had just gone in flogged her especially as she had the class and money to back up her looks.

Her intercom rang and she picked it up immediately, forcing herself to get back in touch with reality.

“Miss Omoh speaking,” She said.

“Yeah, Miss Omoh, this is Zainab from admin, please could you come down whenever you are free? Your car has just arrived and we need you to sign some things down here.”

Kite frowned “Please come again.” She wasn’t sure she’d heard right, she wasn’t expecting a car.

“ I said your car has arrived and we need you to…”

“My car?” She asked “ I wasn’t …expecting any car.”

“ Oh? You’re entitled to a car, didn’t you go through your …..anyway I’m quite busy here, when you’re free just get down here please.”

“Okay..I’ll do that.” Kite managed to say, still in shock. There must be a mistake somewhere. A car for her? No way! Before she could consider it much, Williams’s door opened and out came he and the magnificent woman.

They were all smiles and laughter, like they were really good friends. His suit jacket was on his arm as he led her out, waiting for her to precede him like the gentleman he was.

“Princess,” He called “Hold off all my appointments, I’m not sure when I’ll be back.”

Kite saw Princess nod but couldn’t miss the bad stare she was giving the woman. Kite frowned as she watched the sudden change on Princess’s face as her eyes darted between Ise who was shrugging into his jacket and the lady who was saying something to him. Kite couldn’t quite catch what she said as they were in front of Princess’s desk which was quite a distance from hers, whatever she said got him laughing and Princess frowning even more as she stared murderously at the lady.

It was a look that spelt pure jealousy and hatred, and it was then beginning to dawn on Kite that Princess had a thing for Ise Williams, the realisation hit her like a bolt of lightening. Ise and his lady friend didn’t seem to notice though, those ones were in a world of their own as they walked off, joking and laughing like old friends.
Kite found herself still staring at Princess whose eyes came up suddenly to meet hers.

“What? What are you looking at?” She asked and that was Kite’s cue to get back to work.

Kite had also felt a small tinge of jealousy toward them too, just that she’d managed to hide hers better than Princess had. He’’d kissed her just a few days back and now here he was cancelling his appointments for lunch with another lady just like he had with her. Had their kiss meant so little to him? He’d not even glanced in her direction for once.
She sighed, all these billionaires sef, one couldn’t understand what went on in their heads. She decided to get to Zainab’s office since she couldn’t seem to focus on her work, she needed to straighten out this thing with the car.

Izu was so happy for Kite. She’d sounded so excited on the phone over her new car, a Range rover Evoque. He was so happy at the change in her mood, she’d been so gloomy all weekend that this was a pleasant change. The fight with her friends had gotten her really down that nothing he could do could get her mind off it.
As he let himself into his apartment, he hoped she’ll be so happy that she might even agree to sex finally. He’d not put any pressure on her so far but he didn’t know how long he could take it especially with her tempting body under the same roof with him, on the same bed with him at night. He would wait if he had to but he wouldn’t like it.
Opening the door, he had an eerie feeling that someone else was also in the apartment. He stepped into the living room quietly to see Brenda lounging on a sofa watching television.

“What the …! Brenda!” He called

“Sweetie.” She smiled as she turned to him.

“Brenda, this nonsense has got to stop! You just can’t-“ He started but was cut short.

“Shhhhh, sweetie, there’s no need blowing your top.” She said softly getting up “You don’t pick my calls and you ignored the text I sent to you, I had to see you one way or another.”

“ See me for what? I told you..”

“shhhh, Izu listen to me, just listen to what I have to say…come on, sit.” She urged, pointing at a sofa. “Come on, lets sit and talk like two adults.”

“What do you have to say?” he asked after sitting down.

“Okay,” She sat down on the arm rest of the chair he’d chosen, just beside him, her thighs which were exposed under the short skirt she wore grazing his arm. “You are just so bull headed, You don’t listen, all you do is talk, talk, talk, and then threaten and all, you’re lucky I’m a patient person or else I would have gotten really mad myself and then I wouldn’t have been responsible for my actions.”

All that was going through Izu’s head at that moment was that this chick was definitely bonkers “Just get on with why you’re here, Brenda!”

“So impatient too, well okay, I’ll get on with it. Izu, I tried to be forgiving, I tried to give you the bensfit of doubt, I wanted to see if we could make up and come to an understanding but its obvious you don’t want to, so you’ve left me with no choice. I warned you before but you never heeded so here it is, I’m going to have to ….”

“Izu!”

Brenda and Izu turned to see a shocked Kite standing by the door. He’d left it opened so they hadn’t heard her come in.

‘Shi’t!’ was the first word that came to mind.

“Brenda?” Kite asked

“In the flesh Kite,” Brenda told her with a bright smile “Its been a while, did you miss me?”

Kite looked at him questioningly, her eyes asking for an explanation, before he could come up with something to say,
Brenda helped him along with it.

“Don’t worry your pretty head too much Kite, I’ll explain everything. You see, you darling boyfriend and I have unfinished business…..”

“Brenda!” Izu’s voice was warning “Kite doesn’t need to hear this.”

“Hear what, Izu?” Kite asked “What do you have with…” she looked Brenda up and down “Brenda!”

“Yeah, boyfriend!” Brenda taunted him “Tell your dear girlfriend what we have going on, about our relationship?”

“What relationship?” Izu asked her “ We never had a relationship, what we had was something that wasn’t meant to happen, a mistake!”

“Yeah, right!” Brenda rolled her eyes “You could call once a mistake but when you do it over and over again for six months, then its no longer a mistake!”

“What are you two talking about?” Kite asked but Izu could see by the look on her face that she already suspected.

Brenda turned to her “Sweetie, Your dear boyfriend and I were lovers all through his time in my house where he’d been in hiding.”

Kite’s mouth dropped “What?” she whispered, her eyes holding his. He looked away because he couldn’t bear to look at what he saw there.

“Anyway, that’s not why I’m here, you guys can sort that one out.” Brenda continued “I’m here because I’ve come to announce that I’m going to be giving information to the police on your whereabouts.”

“What?!” Izu ddn’t know when he yelled “Are you crazy?”

She smiled “Sweetheart, are you really asking that? Like you didn’t know?”

“Why would you do that? You’ve let the cat out of the bag, Kite knows now, are you not satisfied yet?”

“Darling, I’ve not even begun with you yet. You think you can use me and get away with it? Oh no, sugar. If you use this” She pointed at hersef “Then you’re gonna have to pay bigtime.”

What was she even talking about? They’d both enjoyed their time together, they’d used themselves. “So what will you gain from exposing me to the police?”

“Nothing, just satisfaction that you’ll be running again but then I’m not really sure I want to go so far, so there’s something else I’m considering.” She said.

“And whats that?” He asked. She was obviously enjoying playing with his head.

She shrugged “I’m considering you pay me to keep my mouth shut.”

Izu’s eyes narrowed “How much?”

“Hmmm” She said as if considering an amount “Lets say thirty million naira!”

“What? b’itch are you…?” He found himself yelling “Where do you expect me to get such an amount from?”

She shrugged “Does it look like I give a damn where you get it from?” She asked back as she went to pick up her hand bag from the chair it had been sitting signalling she was ready to take her leave.

“Brenda,” Izu forced his voice to be calm “Lets talk about this.”

“Too late sweetie, time for talking is past and before I forget, you have three weeks to get the money into my account.”

She began making her way to the door pausing by Kite who’d been quietly watching everything still too stunned to talk, she said to her “ Sweetie, men can be real a’ss wipes right?”

This bi’tch was definitely crazy, Izu thought as he told her “You’re not getting a cent from me, Brenda, nothing!”

She laughed as she left “You’ll be sorry then” she called out not even bothering to look back as she went out the door, closing it gently behind her.

Izu turned to Kite, if looks could kill, he would have been a goner by now. He walked toward her “Kite,” He started, not sure what to say, “I’m sorry, I didn’t know how to tell you, I…”

The resounding slap that landed on his cheek shut him up. ‘Ouch’, he did deserve it. She shook her head at him, the tears coming down her eyes as she searched for what to say but words didn’t come out, instead she turned and made her way to the door.

He called her back “Kite! Don’t go, please!”

She paused, her hand on the door knob, she turned “I’m such a fool Izuoma, I’m a fool because I love you, I’m the greatest fool on earth to think…. I don’t…”

“Kite , please,” He begged, seeing the hurt on her face “I’m sorry, I never meant for it to happen. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

She shook her head “Yo didn’t mean what? did you think about that when you were sleeping with her? Or was it after?”

“Kite please, let me explain.” He begged

“I can’t hear this right now, I just want to kill you…I can’t….I can’t” with that she opened the door and left.

Izu wanted to go after her but he knew it was best to give her some space to process things. “Shit! Shit! Shit!” he yelled needing an outlet to release his own growing anger and frustration. Anger at himself at being so weak and stu’pid, Kite deserved better. This was on him, he’d brought it all on them dealing with Brenda, now he’d hurt her, the one person he loved the most. Would she ever find it in her heart to forgive him?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by laykhorn(m): 1:13pm On Jun 27, 2013
REPO! REPO!! REPO!!!

*I refuse to talk*
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 1:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
E remain small, coming soon......
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
We see dey wait. But pls, lucky and diamond must not take her back o. Them don tell am b4 o, at least them don give am car. Make she sleep in d car 4 1 week..

2 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by laykhorn(m): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
I dont know the adjectives to describe this Repo and her story
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2013
Ise Williams was back home, trying to do some work before he retired for the night but hadn’t been able to concentrate. His lunch with Vicki had been going really well until when they’d run into Izy who’d also been at the restaurant with a client of hers. Izy had pulled him aside and asked what he had brewing with Vicki and he’d told her they were just friends wondering what her concern was about. Izy had then asked if he knew she’d been married twice already and both husbands had died? Both had been really wealthy and she’d been left with everything after their death. This information had left him stunned for some minutes.

Vicki had never mentioned that she’d ever been married, she’d left him with the impression that she’d never been married. He would have thought she would have talked about it since they’d talked a lot about themselves. It had left him wondering why she’d left such an important part of her life out of their conversation. She knew he was interested in her and he also got some interested vibes from her so why hadn’t she opened up about it? He didn’t like it when people kept things from him, to him it was the same as lying.

The intercom in his study rang and he picked it up.

“Yeah?” He said

“Sir, this is Mike from security. There’s someone at the gate by the name of Okiemute Omoh and she’s asked to see you.”

“Kite?” He said frownng, Kite was at his gate?

“Sir?”

“Yes, please let her in.” He said “Bring her down to my house.”

“Okay, Sir.”

He glanced at the clock, it was a quarter to eleven, what was she doing out so late? He stepped out of the study, going down the hall to the front door where he waited until her car came down. It was the company car he’d had admin get for her, after going through her query the week before where she’d blamed the distance of her house to town ,riding buses that had to stop to pick people coupled with the hold up on the roads, he’d sent a message to the admin guys on getting her a company car fast. It was her entitlement being a P.A to the C.E.O. Just like the managers and senior directors in the company, she was entitled to a car and an allowance on housing, so maybe she could move out from wherever she was staying at the moment.

The moment she stepped out of the car, Ise saw that all wasn’t well. He hurriedly went to meet her. She didn’t look good and was still in that day’s office outfit.

“Kite.” He called taking her arm and turning her to look at him “Kite, what is it? Is it your mother?” She’d been crying, her eyes were swollen and red.

She shook her head “Its not my mother, my mothers fine.” She managed, her voice barely a whisper.

Okay, that was good then. “Let’s go in.” Ise said, putting an arm around her shoulders, he assisted her into his house.

“I’m really sorry for barging in on you like this,” She began but he shushed her.

“Shhhh, it’s okay, I really don’t mind.” He said leading her into the living room, on to a sofa. “Do you need anything to drink?” He offered but she shook her head.

“No thanks.” She said as she dabbed at her eyes with the handkerchief in her hands.

He sat down beside her “So, what’s the problem?”

She shrugged “It’s so stupid, I really shouldn’t involve you. I came here because I had no one else to go to and I really didn’t want to be alone….”

“Kite!” He stopped her “I don’t mind at all that you’re here, I care about you so it’s not a burden or anything, tell me what is wrong.”

“Its my boyfriend,” she said as fresh tears came down her face “Can you imagine that for the six months he was away he was shacking up with another girl? Sleeping with her?” She shook her head “I feel like such a fool, being scared, wondering what had happened to him…. To us, when all the while he’d been having the time of his life with someone else, then he comes back to me and I accept him back with open arms? I’m so bloody st’upid!”

“Hey, you’re not stup’id.” He told her “he’s the one who’s stu’pid for doing that to you. How did you find out?”

“I’d gone home early to surprise him when I saw the girl in the house with him, she was the one who let the cat out of the bag. I was so angry and confused I had to leave the house and go somewhere. I can’t even go back to my friends because of him, they warned me not to be with him, that he’d only hurt me but I didn’t listen. I can’t go back to them, if they even accept me back, they would be like I told you so and I really am not up for that.”

“And what about me, you think I won’t also tell you I told you so?” He asked her. He also had a right to be angry with her, she’d ditched him for this guy.

“Yours won’t be as annoying as theirs.” She told him managing a watery smile.

He sighed, not in the mood to smile but was glad she was feeling a bit better “So what are you gong to do now?”

She shrugged “I’m not sure yet. I have to move out of his place but I don’t have where to go.”

Ise suddenly got a crazy idea “You could move in with me.” He offered.

Kite’s eyes widened, She opened her mouth as if to speak the closed it before trying again “You’re joking right?”

“No, I’m not. What’s wrong with moving in with me?”

“Aside from you being my direct boss, umm, let me see,” She started sarcastically “This is your family estate where your mom and sister stay, what will you tell them? How do you think I’ll be looked at by your family and in the office?” She asked and then answered for him “I’ll be looked at as a tamp! Like I’m sleeping with the boss for special favours. And how about your new girlfriend?”

He frowned, he wasn’t aware he had a new girlfriend. “My new girlfriend?” he asked her.

“Yes, the beauty queen at the office today.”

“Oh, Vicki, she’s not my girlfriend.” He told her, well, she’d been a potential girlfriend.

“It didn’t look that way.” She told him.

He noticed she wasn’t crying anymore “She’s not my girlfriend.” He stated again “and I don’t care what anyone thinks, Kite. Not my mom or sis or even anybody at the office, I live my life for me and noone else. If they have a problem with you then they should take it up with me.” He told her looking into those sexy catty eyes of hers.

“But still…” She tried to protest again.

“But nothing, if you really have no where to go, my house is here for you, infact, I insist that you move in with me.”

“Thank you.” She managed lightly “But I don’t think it’s proper, especially as you used to have feelings for me.”

“Used to? Who said they were gone?” he asked her and her eyes darted back at him before hastily looking away, she suddenly couldn’t look at him because he’d said he had feelings for her. Why was she so scared or shy of him when feelings were in the picture? “Why did you pick him over me, Kite? Why did you go back to someone who left you for six months?”

Placing his hand under her chin, he tipped her face up gently to look into her eyes “Why?” He asked again softly. “When I’m here ready to lay the world at your feet if you’ll just let me.”

“Mr. Williams…” She started.

“Ise.” He told her

“Ise,” she managed “ I picked him because I thought I knew him, he meant the world to me, we are sort of the same, we’ve been together for like..forever, and he had a good reason for leaving.”

“To shack up with another girl?” he asked and realisation dawned on her “You are making excuses for him.”

“I know.” She said lowering her eyes. Then she looked back up at him “So who’s the beauty queen anyway?”

He had to smile “Are you jealous?”

She made a face “no, why would I be? I’m just asking.”

“She’s a neighbour and friend.”

“Whom you cancelled your appointments to be with?”

“Okay, okay, I had a thing for her for like five minutes, why do you care anyway?” He asked her back.

She shrugged “Why wouldn’t I care, Just a few days back, you were kissing me, telling me about your feelings for me and then next thing, you’re parading some other woman and cancelling all your appointments…..”
Ise gave into temptation and took her lips in his, welcoming the familiar softness and feel against his. She sighed as her hands came up to his arms again, tightening and pulling him closer, she kissed him back with so much vehemence that he had to pull back.

“Why did you pull away?” She asked breathlessly

“I’m not sure we should be doing this as you are so emotional right now.” He said.

“Its okay, I’ve wanted to do that for a while now.” She told him.

“What? You’ve been meaning to kiss me?” He asked, this was news to him. She shrugged but didn’t say anything .

“You know what? lets get you settled into your room, its quite late and I’m sure you’re tired.” He said getting up, she followed but instead of moving, she took his hand and pulled him to herself.

Placing her hands behind his neck she pulled him down to her, meeting him in another heart wrenching kiss.

Ise didn’t have the strength to pull away this time so he savoured the moment. Her arms going around his neck while his hands went to her hips and pulled her close to him, she felt so good against him.

“Take me to your room.” She whispered against his lips.

Ise was weak, he knew he shouldn’t accept and tried one last time to resist “Are you sure?”
In reply, she slipped her tongue through his slightly parted lips and that was all the confirmation he needed.

15 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Eneze1(f): 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
fingers crossed cool, you can't stop here oo repogirl, u wan kill person ni, and btw that Vickii get as she be ooo
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2013
Aunty P!!!!!
I dey c u ooo.so it ad beta be say u dey update oo..I beg u in d name of all I hold dear..come complete am ooo...hw u go come dey cut d interesting part nao
Nd again..Range Rover evogue?... say Ise company dey grow money?..Dat exaggeration big sha.. Nt even a camry or corolla at most lemme say a Rav4 sef
..Oya abeg update ooo b4 I faint
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 1:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
Chapter don end nao @ Eneze, e don finish, they did d u know what.

@ vickii, multinational, multibillion naira corporation, WOLCORP is a big company nao and they can afforf nice rides for their top staff. grin.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by shordie(m): 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2013
Oya start the next chapter before we become Tekena; the one who awaits!!! btw you too much @ repo...
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2013
repogirl: Chapter don end nao @ Eneze, e don finish, they did d u know what.

@ vickii, multinational, multibillion naira corporation, WOLCORP is a big company nao and they can afforf nice rides for their top staff. grin.
Awualam ooooooo....Aunty P dis ad beta be a joke ooo
Hw u go end chapter for dat kind place na
If CEO p.a,assistant dey drive Evogue na im b say na Porsche Princesa go dey use na
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2013
@ vicki, u no go die, no worry. U dis girl dat haf spoil finish, wetin you wan read again na? Dis novel na PG 13 o.

As for princess's car, she drives an LR 8. Money dey nao.

@ shordie, good to see you here again, bin a while since one who awaits.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Eneze1(f): 2:13pm On Jun 27, 2013
repogirl: Chapter don end nao @ Eneze, e don finish, they did d u know what.

u definitely can't stop here oo abeg add jare, can't wait to read the concluding part of that scene wink
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 2:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
Eneze1:

u definitely can't stop here oo abeg add jare, can't wait to read the concluding part of that scene wink
Chei, Eneze, u sef haf spoil spoil.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by shordie(m): 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2013
repogirl:

@ shordie, good to see you here again, bin a while since one who awaits.

I've been around o, silently following `False Pretenses' since its inception grin
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
Melancholy: What i don't like about this brilliant story is that kite is too pampered. luck!!! As if kite is this supernatural human.am on chapter 11 and let see how the rest goes

Melancholy, you need to lighten up on kite a bit nao, some people are actually lucky in life grin.

@ Laykhorn, thanks for the unexpressed adjectives.

And Damex, you funny o, I don laugh tire. How can a hot chick like kite sleep inside car nao? When gentleman Ise dey dia?
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by AMYpurple(f): 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
Ths chapter ends here??Ahhhhh..enters cardiac arrest
Ths story kps gettin beaurifu wt each update...hi five to you.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by silverluci(f): 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2013
So what if ise had liked Vicky and had taken her home, will kite still barge into the house like that? At that time of the day? I don't like kite again joor! Anybody that really had eyes for the CEO and wanted to maybe kill him wouldn't have any problem because he is beginning to sound too easy.

Kite too advantage of the fact that the CEO likes her that is why she ran to his house first before thinking twice and for the last part; sleeping with him (I guess that what happened) was way too fast. IMO

2 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
@ silverluci, okay, u r entitled to your opinion, but think about it a lil' more, she has nowhere else to go, why not go to the one guy she was sure she could depend on, he'd helped her before when they'd been strangers and had confessed to having feelings for her. You could say she took advantage of him but I'll say she just knew she could depend on him.

As for sleeping with him, you'll see what I have to say about that in the next chapter. Kite is proud and doesn't really care that he's wealthy or she would have pounced on him since.

And Ise isn't easy, he wanted to move past Kite and was getting to like Vic until when he found out she'd kept some information away from him.
Just because he'd began getting attracted to Vic doesn't mean what he had for Kite had disappeared just like that.
My own opinion which counts more cos am the writer. grin

4 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
AMYpurple: Ths chapter ends here??Ahhhhh..enters cardiac arrest
Ths story kps gettin beaurifu wt each update...hi five to you.

Thanks, do you need mouth to mouth rescusitation, I'm sure Damex cheesy can help.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by dandollaz: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
Repoo on fire eeeee ohohohohooo.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by IZUKWU(m): 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
Action,repogirl . You need to release some Bleep details
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
IZUKWU: Action,repogirl . You need to release some Bleep details

PG 13, people. I want kids to read the book too nao.grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (86) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo / My Husband.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.