Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,596 members, 7,847,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:23 PM

Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! (4667 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by damiso(f): 7:34pm On May 29, 2013
Depends on who the friend is and why?And my reasons are not cos hubby might eye the friend cos that is so absurd.I might as well be going to work with him in that case.

I have a couple of friends who are like sisters and i would not hesitate having them over in a heartbeat.But of late some family members sef have been house guests from hell so kinda rethinking the whole always extending invitations to every one to stay thing.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by baby124: 7:39pm On May 29, 2013
I wonder when not being comfortable with strangers in my home now equaled not trusting my husband. I just dont like people in my home period. My friend is a stranger to my husband and so are his friends. There is no one size fits all, everyone will do what is best for them. Personally, i would rather not start something i dont like. cheesy. Besides, i wonder if oyinbo's do same out of trust? They will tell you straight up to make sure you get your own accommodation. No body likes to hear stories. Nigerian's as we know are normal mooches. So am i surprised? No. When you come a place, make sure you have accommodation.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by coogar: 7:48pm On May 29, 2013
chaircover: As banks like to know their customers . . . . so should a woman know her husband.

If the husband is a dog who has no self control and is attracted to everything in skirt, then keep your friend away. . . but then again, seriously though, if he is the type that has no restraint and is going to sleep with your best friend, you shouldn't really stop her from coming cos he probably has already slept with all your other best friends, all the girls on your street and all the ladies in his office anyway and so another one wont really make much difference undecided

If he is not the type to cheat and he is a decent and morally upright man, then if i were the husband, I will feel very insulted that my wife cant trust me around her best friend.

So once again its back to "know your husband" . . .and act accordingly.

it then begs the question - if a man is this morally-bankrupt why would any woman marry him?

4 Likes

Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 29, 2013
baby_123: I wonder when not being comfortable with strangers in my home now equaled not trusting my husband. I just dont like people in my home period. My friend is a stranger to my husband and so are his friends. There is no one size fits all, everyone will do what is best for them. Personally, i would rather not start something i dont like. cheesy. Besides, i wonder if oyinbo's do same out of trust? They will tell you straight up to make sure you get your own accommodation. No body likes to hear stories. Nigerian's as we know are normal mooches. So am i surprised? No. When you come a place, make sure you have accommodation.

Well said.
I for one will not even allow my family stay more than two days in my matrimonial home.

But then a friend
You don't even know her motives of coming around.
Forget this hubby seductn tin and focus on other things she's capable of doing. She could be there to harm anyone. People change, that's not new.
What if she's commited a crime somewhere and she's seeking refuge in ur house.
Well since u r the good friend with the kind heart then you shouldn't be afraid of been in jail for aiding and abetting a criminal too.

Your matrimonal home is meant for u and ur hubby with kids as they come. Not ur family or friends!

Tell her motels are cheap if she can't afford a hotel. Or better still be nice to pay for it.
If she's a good friend of urs, she will def understand and respect ur decision.

1 Like

Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by greatgod2012(f): 7:55pm On May 29, 2013
It depends on.......
1. The type of hubby one has.
2. The type of friend she is.
3. Her reason for coming over.
4. How long shes gonna stay.
5. Our type of apartment.

And if i reject such visit, its definately not because of trust issues, maybe other factors are or could be responsible for my refusal.
However, no one can prevent a man or woman from cheating, if the person really mean to cheart on his/her spouse, its a thing of the mind, if a person really want to cheat on his/her spouse with a friend, he/she will definately do, no matter how many times you wake up in the night to follow him to the loo or how one is smart enough to be following him/her to everywhere that is to be. Its a thing of the mind, not how careful one is.
May God help us all.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by coogar: 8:01pm On May 29, 2013
baby_123: I wonder when not being comfortable with strangers in my home now equaled not trusting my husband. I just dont like people in my home period. My friend is a stranger to my husband and so are his friends. There is no one size fits all, everyone will do what is best for them. Personally, i would rather not start something i dont like. cheesy. Besides, i wonder if oyinbo's do same out of trust? They will tell you straight up to make sure you get your own accommodation. No body likes to hear stories. Nigerian's as we know are normal mooches. So am i surprised? No. When you come a place, make sure you have accommodation.

and how has this method worked for the oyibos? they still cheat more than a beaver!!! i would personally be insulted if my spouse cannot trust me around any woman.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by baby124: 8:01pm On May 29, 2013
candygosh:

Well said.
I for one will not even allow my family stay more than two days in my matrimonial home.

But then a friend
You don't even know her motives of coming around.
Forget this hubby seductn tin and focus on other things she's capable of doing. She could be there to harm anyone. People change, that's not new.
What if she's commited a crime somewhere and she's seeking refuge in ur house.
Well since u r the good friend with the kind heart then you shouldn't be afraid of been in jail for aiding and abetting aa criminal too.

Your matrimonal home is meaant for u and ur hubby with kids as they come. Not ur family or friends!

Tell her motels are cheap if she can't afford a hotel. Or better still be nice to pay for it.
If she's a good friend of urs, she will def understand and respect ur decision.

Friends really change. This robbery incident, has happened to two people i know. Another one saw a best friend looking destitute, decided to take her in and help her. As is normal, friends will go through all your stuff. When you go to party you will lend them gold, shoe and lace. A week after this woman left, armed robbers came to their house and went directly to where all her valuables were. Till today, that woman hasnt seen, heard or been able to call the friend. Not all friends are bad, but i prefer to keep a respectable distance when i comes to my family. I like to protect that unit, and in keeping a respectable distance we are better friends. If i have a guest house, maybe. And it will be for a little while.But until then, no. If its really pressing, i would rather the couple come together. Otherwise, get a motel. My oyinbo friends will recommend hotels in the vicinity. They will not even give you chance to say you want to sleep in their house. LMAO.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by baby124: 8:03pm On May 29, 2013
coogar:

and how has this method worked for the oyibos? they still cheat more than a beaver!!! i would personally be insulted if my spouse cannot trust me around any woman.

What has having friends in your house for sleep over got to do with cheating? If both want to meet outside your home wont they? Oyinbo's refuse to do it, why? Because they understand that good fences make good neighbors. You cannot say what you did not see.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by coogar: 8:08pm On May 29, 2013
baby_123:
What has having friends in your house for sleep over got to do with cheating? If both want to meet outside your home wont they? Oyinbo's refuse to do it, why? Because they understand that good fences make good neighbors. You cannot say what you did not see.

the only reason you wouldn't want a female friend around is because of your hubby. if you are single, it would be no issue having a fellow friend around. so it's more of a trust issue than a security issue!!!

1 Like

Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by sexymoma(f): 8:10pm On May 29, 2013
baby_123:

Friends really change. This robbery incident, has happened to two people i know. Another one saw a best friend looking destitute, decided to take her in and help her. As is normal, friends will go through all your stuff. When you go to party you will lend them gold, shoe and lace. A week after this woman left, armed robbers came to their house and went directly to where all her valuables were. Till today, that woman hasnt seen, heard or been able to call the friend. Not all friends are bad, but i prefer to keep a respectable distance when i comes to my family. I like to protect that unit, and in keeping a respectable distance we are better friends. If i have a guest house, maybe. And it will be for a little while.But until then, no. If its really pressing, i would rather the couple come together. Otherwise, get a motel. My oyinbo friends will recommend hotels in the vicinity. They will not even give you chance to say you want to sleep in their house. LMAO.
this s interestin
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by baby124: 8:10pm On May 29, 2013
coogar:

the only reason you wouldn't want a female friend around is because of your hubby. if you are single, it would be no issue having a fellow friend around. so it's more of a trust issue than a security issue!!!

When you live alone and are single, you are responsible for yourself alone. And even at that, i wont have liked extended stays. In case you missed my post, i also would not want strange men wandering around my home. It goes both ways.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 29, 2013
^^^^ myself I don't go to my friends house to say I want to sleep there.
I just don't like inconveniencing. Others.

Sometn similar happened too but not even hubby related.
Just university friends who knew each other well and were best of friends.
She just got jealous of her success added some substance on her shoes.
That lady was saved by prayers ehn, till today when I see her, those big black sores remain on her feet. She's still pretty tho.

This is Nigeria where u should only trust God and urself.
Even the bible says and the servant applied wisdom
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by coogar: 8:12pm On May 29, 2013
baby_123:

When you live alone and are single, you are responsible for yourself alone. And even at that, i wont have liked extended stays. In case you missed my post, i also would not want strange men wandering around my home. It goes both ways.

no woman want strange men wandering around the house! man is technically different from men.....
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by baby124: 8:13pm On May 29, 2013
coogar:

no woman want strange men wandering around the house! man is technically different from men.....

Oh my bad, i thought you said man is different from women. wink
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 29, 2013
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by dayokanu(m): 8:19pm On May 29, 2013
baby_123: What happened to a hotel? Is she destitute? She doesnt have a family If it is as a couple, yes. But as an individual, no. Same for the hubby. I just dont like the idea of people having access to my house anyhow. And also, your friends do change you know. Especially the ones you havent seen in a long while. You cant vouch cheesy

So how would staying as a couple stop them from stealing your gold or how would them invite robbers
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by coogar: 8:19pm On May 29, 2013
baby_123:
Here we go again. The sexist arguments. When all else fails, you can count on coogar to pull out his winning card... grin grin grin cheesy

it's not a sexist argument, can't you see? i am letting you know you can't trust your friend around your partner or you can't trust your partner around your friend - and it shouldn't be so.......
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by dayokanu(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2013
coogar:

Exactly. Why would she be okay with them coming as a couple and not single females
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by baby124: 8:24pm On May 29, 2013
dayokanu:

So how would staying as a couple stop them from stealing your gold or how would them invite robbers

Because definitely, i am not left with a particular gender of spouse in the house. And should anyone come up with any claims, their would be someone else as a witness. It also, at least lends credence to the fact that i would only do such in pressing circumstances. Normally, i wouldnt allow sleepovers. As for friends i havent seen in a while, it will help me at least get to know they have some roots somewhere. Not just one rolling stone that will reappear and disappear at will.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by baby124: 8:26pm On May 29, 2013
coogar:

it's not a sexist argument, can't you see? i am letting you know you can't trust your friend around your partner or you can't trust your partner around your friend - and it shouldn't be so.......

Well, the fact of the matter is, how many people can you trust No one. So it is not about trust, some people will rather deal with others when it comes to family and their space with a respectable distance. I am one of them. Period.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by sexymoma(f): 8:26pm On May 29, 2013
[quote author=candygosh]^^^^ myself I don't go to my friends house to say I waant to sleep there.
I just don't like inconveniencing. Others.

Somwtn similar happened too but not even hubby related.
Just university friends who knew each other well and were best of friends.
She jusst got jealous of her success aed some substance on her shoes.
That lady was saved by prayers ehn, till today when I see her, those big black sores remain on her feet. She's still pretty tho.

Thos is Nigeria where u should only trust God and urself.
Even the bible says and the servant applied wisdom[/quote My sista you av spoken wel
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by coogar: 8:28pm On May 29, 2013
baby_123:
Well, the fact of the matter is, how many people can you trust No one. So it is not about trust, some people will rather deal with others when it comes to family and their space with a respectable distance. I am one of them. Period.

but only a trusted friend would even suggest passing the night with you.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by baby124: 8:30pm On May 29, 2013
coogar:

but only a trusted friend would even suggest passing the night with you.

A trusted friend. Yea sure. You really do know human beings that well. And no, i have friends i havent seen in 10years that will hear i live somewhere and decide to crash with me. Besides, how many of your best friends are still best friends How many times do you see them
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by dayokanu(m): 8:38pm On May 29, 2013
baby_123:

Because definitely, i am not left with a particular gender of spouse in the house. And should anyone come up with any claims, their would be someone else as a witness. It also, at least lends credence to the fact that i would only do such in pressing circumstances. Normally, i wouldnt allow sleepovers. As for friends i havent seen in a while, it will help me at least get to know they have some roots somewhere. Not just one rolling stone that will reappear and disappear at will.

If the couple work together to steal your gold or if the couple work together to organize robbers?

I am curious what difference it makes with either individual or couples like you alluded to in your first statement on this topic

1 Like

Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by coogar: 8:38pm On May 29, 2013
baby_123:
A trusted friend. Yea sure. You really do know human beings that well. And no, i have friends i havent seen in 10years that will hear i live somewhere and decide to crash with me. Besides, how many of your best friends are still best friends How many times do you see them

friends that haven't seen you in 10 years? hell no! anyone i have not seen in 2 years cannot even come that close.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by baby124: 8:42pm On May 29, 2013
dayokanu:

If the couple work together to steal your gold or if the couple work together to organize robbers?

I am curious what difference it makes with either individual or couples like you alluded to in your first statement on this topic

I have already answered your question. You are reaching ... cheesy
coogar:

friends that haven't seen you in 10 years? hell no! anyone i have not seen in 2 years cannot even come that close.

How many of your best friends have you seen in the past 2years? Note, most of our best friends are childhood friends. Most friends we make as adults are acquaintances.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by biolabee(m): 8:45pm On May 29, 2013
Na wa oo./// so now it is becoming part of our culture to move our friends to hotels...

civilisation indeed
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by coogar: 8:54pm On May 29, 2013
baby_123:
How many of your best friends have you seen in the past 2years? Note, most of our best friends are childhood friends. Most friends we make as adults are acquaintances.

i only have one friend, i see him twice a week and i have known him since age 3. others are just acquaintances and none of them can ask to pass the night in my crib!!!!
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 29, 2013
biolabee: Na wa oo./// so now it is becoming part of our culture to move our friends to hotels...

civilisation indeed

Ah! What's a whole day without a pointless underhanded comment per your usual MO?

5 Likes

Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by baby124: 8:58pm On May 29, 2013
coogar:

i only have one friend, i see him twice a week and i have known him since age 3. others are just acquaintances and none of them can ask to pass the night in my crib!!!!

So have the many people that have been used for rituals by their best friends. Yoruba adage goes "Eni la mo, a o mo inu" or something like that. You know the person, you do not know what his inner thoughts or motives are. In all, i guess i have made my point. wink. And oh, i have not had the priviledge of spending that much time with my best friends. We catch up by phone. cry
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by coogar: 8:59pm On May 29, 2013
ileobatojo:
Ah! What's a whole day without a pointless underhanded comment per your usual MO?

my honourable witchdoctor, would you send a friend to a motel cos you can't trust her around your vineyard? grin
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by biolabee(m): 9:00pm On May 29, 2013
ileobatojo:

and whats a whole day without a brainless riposte from u.. tragic really.. u cant just help yaself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Was Your Bad Habits When You Were A kid? / Get Pregnant Then I'll Marry You! / Every Family Should Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.