Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,357 members, 7,853,588 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:39 PM

Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! (4671 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by miredia(m): 12:55am On May 30, 2013
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by UyiIredia(m): 1:08am On May 30, 2013
Nice meeting a namesake. Peace !
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by miredia(m): 1:18am On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Nice meeting a namesake. Peace !
cool cool
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by Nobody: 5:11am On May 30, 2013
dayokanu:
Why allow your sister or mother to come do Omugwo, Have you forgotten your husband might even nack your momsie and sister?

It has bn hapnin.husband gave SIL belle.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by Nobody: 5:25am On May 30, 2013
coogar:

the only reason you wouldn't want a female friend around is because of your hubby. if you are single, it would be no issue having a fellow friend around. so it's more of a trust issue than a security issue!!!
U gat it wrong dear,most pple don't like such.whether single or married.women r generally jealous ,envious and schemingly bad. No matter how close,ur best friend is always d one that will betray u most times.my home is my sanctuary
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by Nobody: 5:52am On May 30, 2013
Poster,most men eat and clean mouth.u will never know.aside doin it in my home(which I find very repulsive),most of ur close friends were ur shool mates back then.how well do u know them now?
U r married and ur friend might be single.a huge diff.
Most married women tends to show off unintentionally w'out knowin d seed they r sowing.
Somebody said men can't allow their buddies to come cos men r diff,alas,u don't want me to look ur friend over but u can sample mine?
I think a responsible friend will not like to sleep over.she will like to pay for a motel or look for another alternative.let sleepin dog lie abeg
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by biolabee(m): 6:40am On May 30, 2013
Really interesting topic considering some of the posters here bunked with people at some point either in naija or when they moved into the diaspora

Shebi na wife friend today
E go be cousin tomorrow and then na parent/siblings una go dey push to hotel.

I never reach where I wan be but May God uplift me and never let me be looking at utility or groceries bill before or after I have visitors

Ish
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by Nobody: 7:16am On May 30, 2013
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by vanitty: 7:50am On May 30, 2013
My own distinct memory of old times with my best friend is us gossiping and in pyjamas all day long watching different world reruns fantasising about Dwayne and generally not doing anything productive all day long. Awwwww the good old days but thank God we both understand and just talk about those days now

Anyway If any friend of mine come to my house hoping for the old times then she will be so disappointed so she might as well not come, change is the only constant thing in life but you are welcome to my home within reason as long as you understand my life as it now.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by Handsomeemmy(m): 8:16am On May 30, 2013
This is a serious issue ooo, but one week is ok, beyond that can be something else.

P:S Wife trust your husband,Husband trust your wife
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by bellong: 8:56am On May 30, 2013
Poster, follow your heart and do what is right for your home. The decision and responsibilities that come with such decision is solely yours. You know your friend better, in terms of character and her values about life. It is not about your husband at all, it will be a sign of disrespect to your husband to think you want to shield your friend from him.

If she is a known friend that needs to pass the night in your house for an assignment in your vicinity, why not. Except you cannot vouch for her person and character.

To those using "oyinbos" as example, I think that is a flawed example. Our culture and traditions cannot be compared with theirs, not even in this case. That is what they grew up with and "worked for them". We understand and know differently. I would rather their advance technology and not some of their crappy culture with ho human face.

PS: I wonder where these ladies get the idea of "ALL MEN CHEAT" from. There is no post I read in this forum without that empty assumption. I wonder whether it is animal they cheat with or females like themselves. Assumption they say is the lowest form of knowledge, if your husband/boyfriend cheats, do not take every male to be cheat. That is character defamation to those who don't.

2 Likes

Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by biolabee(m): 9:18am On May 30, 2013
i tire oooo... na so we see am...

bellong: Poster, follow your heart and do what is right for your home. The decision and responsibilities that come with such decision is solely yours. You know your friend better, in terms of character and her values about life. It is not about your husband at all, it will be a sign of disrespect to your husband to think you want to shield your friend from him.

If she is a known friend that needs to pass the night in your house for an assignment in your vicinity, why not. Except you cannot vouch for her person and character.

To those using "oyinbos" as example, I think that is a flawed example. Our culture and traditions cannot be compared with theirs, not even in this case. That is what they grew up with and "worked for them". We understand and know differently. I would rather their advance technology and not some of their crappy culture with ho human face.

PS: I wonder where these ladies get the idea of "ALL MEN CHEAT" from. There is no post I read in this forum without that empty assumption. I wonder whether it is animal they cheat with or females like themselves. Assumption they say is the lowest form of knowledge, if your husband/boyfriend cheats, do not take every male to be cheat. That is character defamation to those who don't.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by sexymoma(f): 10:19am On May 30, 2013
[b]
bellong: Poster, follow your heart and do what is right for your home. The decision and responsibilities that come with such decision is solely yours. You know your friend better, in terms of character and her values about life. It is not about your husband at all, it will be a sign of disrespect to your husband to think you want to shield your friend from him.

[/b]The Bad once spoilt the good ones
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by Nobody: 11:41am On May 30, 2013
damiso: Depends on who the friend is and why?And my reasons are not cos hubby might eye the friend cos that is so absurd.I might as well be going to work with him in that case.

I have a couple of friends who are like sisters and i would not hesitate having them over in a heartbeat.But of late some family members sef have been house guests from hell so kinda rethinking the whole always extending invitations to every one to stay thing.

I love this post. There may be several reasons why I may not want my best friend to come spend a week with me, but the major reason SHOULD NOT be because I suspect him/her with my spouse. I find it shocking when people suggest something will happen between her husband and friend. If she honestly cannot trust are husband and best friend then she herself has enormous problems. For her to be married to a dog and have a bia*tch as best friend means she must me ganster too!
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by damiso(f): 1:12pm On May 30, 2013
biolabee: Really interesting topic considering some of the posters here bunked with people at some point either in naija or when they moved into the diaspora

Shebi na wife friend today
E go be cousin tomorrow and then na parent/siblings una go dey push to hotel.

I never reach where I wan be but May God uplift me and never let me be looking at utility or groceries bill before or after I have visitors

Ish

Oga biola where did groceries and utilities come into this argument naa grin
I cant see one poster who mentioned it as a reason except you.

1 Like

Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by biolabee(m): 1:28pm On May 30, 2013
dear ma... no one will but i have heard people say it indirectly
the family hosting my cousin who went for a visit told her... they even switch off the internet box when they go to church.. haba!

damiso:

Oga biola where did groceries and utilities come into this argument naa grin
I cant see one poster who mentioned it as a reason except you.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by damiso(f): 2:48pm On May 30, 2013
[quote author=biolabee]dear ma... no one will but i have heard people say it indirectly
the family hosting my cousin who went for a visit told her... they even switch off the internet box when they go to church.. haba!

[/quot

Those ones are a bit extreme naa or maybe their data plan is limited i.e 5MB or something.I have had guests who are on internet literarily 24 hrs,downloading movies,on youtube for hours(younger people though).Thank God we have unlimited internet which i have to pay premium for.If i am a guest in someone house even family i try to be considerate.

Yeah i dont moan about groceries and utilities cos i have a small household,2 adults and two under 5's.I pray to get people to eat the food i have at home cos i bulk buy alot and me and hubby are not big eaters.Its now that am at home that i cook smaller portions when i was workinf FT i used to cook in bulk and you dont want to know the amount of efo and moi moi i forget in the freezer.

But some people are on a tight budget and yeah groceries and utilities for one or two extra adults MIGHT be a strain on their budget.You sef as guest use ur shush mind to suss your hosts and be a bit considerate.
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by biolabee(m): 3:06pm On May 30, 2013
@damiso

You are right ma
Guests should be considerate of their hosts' nuances and even understand what is going on in a home

Nothing stops one from helping in the kitchen or buying some groceries. I know tesco will deliver groceries to the home for 3 pounds and it makes the effort of the hostess feel worthwhile
This is also common in the new gen who don't appreciate what it takes to actually host you

My cousin's sister came to stay with me on her internship and ordinary to cook no
Wash duvet (her own room o ) no
Na just to dey ping and download torrent

And this one go wan marry o sad
SMH

Some people are just a pain whether in naija or abroad that is true

May God help us all
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by damiso(f): 3:26pm On May 30, 2013
biolabee: @damiso

You are right ma
Guests should be considerate of their hosts' nuances and even understand what is going on in a home

Nothing stops one from helping in the kitchen or buying some groceries. I know tesco will deliver groceries to the home for 3 pounds and it makes the effort of the hostess feel worthwhile
This is also common in the new gen who don't appreciate what it takes to actually host you

My cousin's sister came to stay with me on her internship and ordinary to cook no
Wash duvet (her own room o ) no
Na just to dey ping and download torrent

And this one go wan marry o sad
SMH

Some people are just a pain whether in naija or abroad that is true

May God help us all

So you can understand if your cousin's friend who has hosted her once before might jejely shenk her or suggest a hotel. wink grin
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by biolabee(m): 3:53pm On May 30, 2013
damiso:

So you can understand if your cousin's friend who has hosted her once before might jejely shenk her or suggest a hotel. wink grin

interestingly it was my house
i will just take it.. wetin i go do
its african and i also stayed at my uncles, cousins' homes when growing up or attending interviews, job assessments
no be everybodi fit do hotel ooo cheesy
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by damiso(f): 11:12pm On May 30, 2013
biolabee:

interestingly it was my house
i will just take it.. wetin i go do
its african and i also stayed at my uncles, cousins' homes when growing up or attending interviews, job assessments
no be everybodi fit do hotel ooo cheesy

I wonder where we africans get the impression that we are the only ones who do family.Caucasians,Asians,Chinese,in short everyone stay with family and friends if need be.Its part of human social interaction.A good friend who moved back to Australia is still staying with her sister till they find a house and this is with her son and husband.Oyinbo friends stay with each other sef more than we do.

I think the difference maybe is that they dont naturally ASSUME that because we are family or friend,you must take me in even if i am going to be a pain in the neck.They are also sometimes more upfront and will tell you to your face if the bills are an issue rather than moaning behind your back like we do.

Just to add,Caucasian men are also prone to cheat with their wife's friends as well.If not even more than an african sef. cheesy
Re: Married Women In The House Your Opinion Is Needed!!! by biolabee(m): 11:29pm On May 30, 2013
^^^ interesting
Guess we learn more everyday

Quickie while taking a peepee

Oyibo!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Father Thinks Im Evil / Pastor Takes Pictures Of His Wife Privates Parts, To See If She Had Sex At Churc / Husband Concerned That His Wife Is Silent Even Knowing That He Cheated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.