Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes (76137 Views)

‘we Need To Get Nigerians Out Of America – Donald Trump / Donald Trump To Chase Nigerians Out Of US / Cameroonian Soldiers Chase Nigerians Out Of Bakassi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 3:29am On May 31, 2013
ifizi: I studied in s.a, n I must confess d rate in which nigerians dere do drugs is very alarming, dere was a time I was ashamed to say am a nigerian, even my brother was involved in the act. Its very annoyin, I dnt blame d south africans, who nor go nor knw
with al d knowledge u acquire in S.A, so u agree dat is d rite way to handle such issue?
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by niger2020(m): 3:32am On May 31, 2013
I can see most of the Nigerians throwing punches here have never lived in SA. And many posts here erred on blind patriotism. Some even comical. Nigerians are known to be smart pple because we redifine excellence and hardwork everywhere we found ourselves. However truth must be told that here in SA, because of d high rate of unemployment even among the locals,many Nigerians are not gainfully employed (some not employable). The situation here is that these youthful,exuberant, smartass Nigerian Niggas must survive. Not only survive but show pple at home they are 'making it'.
My dear brothers and sister Nigerians, the truth here is, WE SELL DRUGS,WE love-vendor,WE BRIBE,WE PAWN STOLEN GOODS,WE CON......name the vices, we do it all. And mind you All Nigerian major tribes are represented here except the Hausas. The Nigerian Ibos carry on their drug trafficking with reckless abandon: they sell to whoever wherever: they force young girls into prostitution. The Nigerian Yorubas are less daring, they are also guilty of same vices

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 3:35am On May 31, 2013
coolzeal: Some of us will take every opportunity to instigate hatred to the South Africans if they don't go well with Nigerians, am guilty of that too. Take for instance, your neighbor does not go to work in the day but ride good cars, got some cash(that sounds suspicious) and besides some Nigerians are damn boastful, egotistic and besides many are involve in illegal activities meanwhile hurting the locals and destroying their communities which is disgusting and disrespectful to their host. Nigerians in South Africa are nuisance and should rot in prison. I don't support evil activities and Nigerians are not the only foreigners in South Africa and please don't come up with this attitude, the locals are jealous because it is getting old aww. Nigerians in South Africa, please stop destroying our image of our lovely country and the good ones living there as well.
No you are wrong.
They hate us, just look at the documentaries.
They hate us! don't try to justify them.
My Dad went there trying to open restaurants and he found out that with all that hatred it was nearly impossible. So he left.
Stop this mental illness of praising the people who are against your own people. If there were proof that those people were criminals they should show those proofs to the world. If they had such proof then all they needed was to either call the police or sue those people. And it seems to me that they rounded up every Nigerian at sight.
So be mindfull of supporting those who wish you illness.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by coolzeal(m): 3:45am On May 31, 2013
patriot4:
No you are wrong.
They hate us, just look at the documentaries.
They hate us! don't try to justify them.
My Dad went there trying to open restaurants and he found out that with all that hatred it was nearly impossible. So he left.
Stop this mental illness of praising the people who are against your own people. If there were proof that those people were criminals they should show those proofs to the world. If they had such proof then all they needed was to either call the police or sue those people. And it seems to me that they rounded up every Nigerian at sight.
So be mindfull of supporting those who wish you illness.
Am not supporting anyone but really all the news i read on nairaland about SA has to do with the locals fighting or targeting Nigerians living there and their offence, drugs, cons, trafficking etc. Its jeopardize the image of good Nigerians and it is sicken really. If you're not welcome in a community then leave and i hate the excuse of Nigerians always bringing about how we supported them to fight apartheid.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 3:51am On May 31, 2013
coolzeal:
Am not supporting anyone but really all the news i read on nairaland about SA has to do with the locals fighting or targeting Nigerians living there and their offence, drugs, cons, trafficking etc. Its jeopardize the image of good Nigerians and it is sicken really. If you're not welcome in a community then leave and i hate the excuse of Nigerians always bringing about how we supported them to fight apartheid.
Look, as a Nigerian, I will support any Nigerian until prof of his guilt is given.
And what makes you think the guys rounded up weren't the good ones you are worried about ?

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by kamelonaire(m): 3:53am On May 31, 2013
everytin naija involve.......... Watin we do them
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by gogodaye(m): 3:54am On May 31, 2013
Great deed....Its good to know that communities still exist were folks rise up to look out & protect the general interest for the public good. Most of our folks out there are good for nothing urchins,dope dealers & pimps. The onus is on those affected to fish out our countrymen engaged in these acts whose conduct is selfish cum self~serving to the police. SInce in the long run they would only & always create frosty rather than harmonious relations between the immigrant Nigerians & their SA hosts.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 4:01am On May 31, 2013
gogodaye: Great deed....Its good to know that communities still exist were folks rise up to look out & protect the general interest for the public good. Most of our folks out there are good for nothing urchins,dope dealers & pimps. The onus is on those affected to fish out our countrymen engaged in these acts whose conduct is selfish cum self~serving to the police. SInce in the long run they would only & always create frosty rather than harmonious relations between the immigrant Nigerians & their SA hosts.
Please, the day you get killed because you were mistook for a drug dealer or an armed rubber (beczuse the people don't like your tribe), just write that you are gogodaye on your body, so that I don't share a tear.
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by lafflaff123(m): 4:03am On May 31, 2013
And just like I told the Easterners living in the North who get attacked and killed everyday, and for some strange reasons still refuses to leave the North, my advice is simple and that is come BACK HOME.

People think differently but if at any point in time and at any place in the world, and threat to my life becomes real imminent. I will relocate from that place. Does it show cowardice? no. It shows common sense. That's why it still beats my imagination that this has not just been going on in SA, but hungry countries like India, Indonesia and Malaysia where ordinarily Nigerian's should have no business being there for economic purposes.

In the United Kingdom, the Scottish hates the British more than they hate all terrorists, and the sensible Brits some how manage not to stay in Scotland. And these are civilized people, so if an English man is avoiding a certain area of his country for safety reasons, I see why Nigerians can't emulate them.

So for the cry babies of South Africa. Come Back Home as we don't have a Government that will fight your fights and if any of you killed is just a waste.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by coolzeal(m): 4:04am On May 31, 2013
patriot4: Look, as a Nigerian, I will support any Nigerian until prof of his guilt is given.
And what makes you think the guys rounded up weren't the good ones you are worried about ?
I am a proud Nigerian but lets call 'a spade a spade' I don't condone the maltreatment of Nigerians by the locals but if the government fail to protect their community hence, the locals will be force to take laws into their hands. Sorry but Nigerians are messing up their country and it is always in the media.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 4:05am On May 31, 2013
nigerians ar d ones destroying their country....South africans don't sell drugs but they ar goood in taking laws into their hands, lootin, molestin .blind people...
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 4:14am On May 31, 2013
coolzeal:
I am a proud Nigerian but lets call 'a spade a spade' I don't condone the maltreatment of Nigerians by the locals but if the government fail to protect their community hence, the locals will be force to take laws into their hands. Sorry but Nigerians are messing up their country and it is always in the media.
No, once again you are wrong.
First of all the media itself is a part of the problem, it overemphesizes every crime done by a Nigerian.
The press is to blame because it is sending a lot of bad information about Nigerians a lot of false information about Nigeria.
Are you one of those naif people who think the media tells only the truth ?

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 4:16am On May 31, 2013
If any Nigerian is suspected to be involved in drug dealing, he should be reported to the police for investigation but any attempts to kill Nigerians with street justice outside the ambient of the law will be reciprocated in equal measures at the streets of Lagos. An Eye for an Eye.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by coolzeal(m): 4:20am On May 31, 2013
patriot4: No, once again you are wrong.
First of all the media itself is a part of the problem, it overemphesizes every crime done by a Nigerian.
The press is to blame because it is sending a lot of bad information about Nigerians a lot of false information about Nigeria.
Are you one of those naif people who think the media tells only the truth ?
Well look at this documentry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E14BeQp0W4w

Okay, I have watched the video and the barrister guy is one of the few good ones out there. Hey! am not naive and i don't tend to believe everything the media says but Nigerians in SA.. Damn! hope things workout fine though.
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 4:24am On May 31, 2013
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by gothrones(m): 4:26am On May 31, 2013
Billyonaire: If any Nigerian is suspected to be involved in drug dealing, he should be reported to the police for investigation but any attempts to kill Nigerians with street justice outside the ambient of the law will be reciprocated in equal measures at the streets of Lagos. An Eye for an Eye.
Hypocrisy at its finest. Do Nigerians obey the law? When you lots catch thieves, do you report to the authorities? Chei, see see hypocrisy.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by lafflaff123(m): 4:40am On May 31, 2013
Billyonaire: If any Nigerian is suspected to be involved in drug dealing, he should be reported to the police for investigation but any attempts to kill Nigerians with street justice outside the ambient of the law will be reciprocated in equal measures at the streets of Lagos. An Eye for an Eye.

Again another talk of starting something by a faceless Nigerian which can never be. Just like MASSOB and the other toothless organizations in Nigeria have been huffing and puffing. Truth is, even if One Million Nigerians are killed anywhere in the world, we simply are a NATION of GOD DEY and we will move on, and until we OURSELVES and the Government takes ONE Nigerian life seriously, then others can take us seriously.

The Omatse killings of Policemen and SSS in Nasarrawa State is a prime example, and what happened? nothing. The SSS came out two days ago to say they have FORGIVEN the killers. Can you imagine? like they are the court of law? first Nigerian's inside Nigeria should have respect for LIFE and LAW, and then maybe, just maybe others will have respect for our lives, business and properties out side the country.

Why are Ghanaians and others not targeted? even if they do the same thing, but in a more discreet way instead of the loud flashy ways Nigerians does theirs.

Sorry to say this, but MOST Nigerians are criminals both in and outside Nigeria and they are the reason why the innocent too are suffering.

In Indonesia and Saudi Arabia DRUG DEALING is punishable by DEATH. But still everyday you read about Nigerians getting busted trying to take drugs there, and we start wondering tomorrow if Nigerians are labeled drug dealers there? ditto SA where about 70 to 80% drug/ scam crimes are done by Naija people.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by biolabee(m): 4:41am On May 31, 2013
*Kails*:
Smh...this SA'can Naija-xenophobia is beyond played out

Overplayed sad
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 4:59am On May 31, 2013
lafflaff123:

Again another talk of starting something by a faceless Nigerian which can never be. Just like MASSOB and the other toothless organizations in Nigeria have been huffing and puffing. Truth is, even if One Million Nigerians are killed anywhere in the world, we simply are a NATION of GOD DEY and we will move on, and until we OURSELVES and the Government takes ONE Nigerian life seriously, then others can take us seriously.

The Omatse killings of Policemen and SSS in Nasarrawa State is a prime example, and what happened? nothing. The SSS came out two days ago to say they have FORGIVEN the killers. Can you imagine? like they are the court of law? first Nigerian's inside Nigeria should have respect for LIFE and LAW, and then maybe, just maybe others will have respect for our lives, business and properties out side the country.

Why are Ghanaians and others not targeted? even if they do the same thing, but in a more discreet way instead of the loud flashy ways Nigerians does theirs.

Sorry to say this, but MOST Nigerians are criminals both in and outside Nigeria and they are the reason why the innocent too are suffering.

In Indonesia and Saudi Arabia DRUG DEALING is punishable by DEATH. But still everyday you read about Nigerians getting busted trying to take drugs there, and we start wondering tomorrow if Nigerians are labeled drug dealers there? ditto SA where about 70 to 80% drug/ scam crimes are done by Naija people.

1min. silence for u, cos u sound like a dead man...,no hard feelings....
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by TonySpike: 5:02am On May 31, 2013
I am always tired of commenting on Nigeria-ZA threads. I lived in ZA for over two years, so I can tell us what is on ground. It is most unfortunate that quite a large number of Nigerians are involved in drug dealing, pimping, sales of stolen goods e.t.c. Infact, I know of a case in court - where a Nigerian sold a stolen ipad - from a burgled house over 30 km to his shop. How did he get it? It is enough that we are proud and lousy as a people. But engaging in criminal activities in another man's is a NO-NO. Let's do the maths, how many of us here know that it is very difficult to get entry visas as Nigerians into Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and even, Namibia for this same drug issues? Let us not even talk about Malaysia, India, China, Singapore e.t.c. We have a bad reputation that precedes us and the media have amplified it. The truth is that, the earlier we purge ourselves of criminal tendencies, the better. In SA, the population of Nigerian expats and professionals aren't significant. So, most Nigerians living there are the largely the street-wise ones. These street-wise Nigerians are mainly the ones into criminality. Yet, they are very loud and boastful, even on the streets. Like someone once suggested, overnight immigration operations should be undertaken, to fish out the Nigerian liabilities in the SA system and have them deported! The SAPS (police) seem helpless on these drug cases though...

By the way, I know this thread will reach over 30 pages by tomorrow. It will be plagued by people who just want to have a fun of abusing their African brothers...

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 5:09am On May 31, 2013
patriot4: First of all my Dad is a rich business man in France (not that I ever get money from him). And he frequently opens new business, he even has some in England.
And if you were educated then you would know what a proof looks like. The only thing that man did was to condemn all Nigherians in South Africa including himself and his mother. I am sorry but please try and learn the definition of the word "proof".
My Dad used to be a signals officer of the Nigerian army.
There is nothing my dad didn't succed in life.
Now who is your dad ?

Guy oo, i do not even understand what you saying here. Anyway we have to take your word for your dad being rich and nt take the word of the guy who says him and some Nigerians do bad thinz their?

You smkin somtin! lipsrsealed

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by tpia5: 5:10am On May 31, 2013
didnt read the thread, what is this about now?
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 5:22am On May 31, 2013
Tony Spike: I am always tired of commenting on Nigeria-ZA threads. I lived in ZA for over two years, so I can tell us what is on ground. It is most unfortunate that quite a large number of Nigerians are involved in drug dealing, pimping, sales of stolen goods e.t.c. Infact, I know of a case in court - where a Nigerian sold a stolen ipad - from a burgled house over 30 kms his shop. How did he get it? It is enough that we are proud and lousy as a people. But engaging in criminal activities in another man's is a NO-NO. Let's do the maths, how many of us here know that it is very difficult to get entry visas as Nigerians into Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and even, Namibia for this same drug issues? Let us not even talk about Malaysia, India, China, Singapore e.t.c. We have a bad reputation that precedes us and the media have amplified it. The truth is that, the earlier we purge ourselves of criminal tendencies, the better. In SA, the population of Nigerian expats and professionals aren't significant. So, most Nigerians living there are the largely the street-wise ones. These street-wise Nigerians are mainly the ones into criminality. Yet, they are very loud and boastful, even on the streets. Like someone once suggested, overnight immigration operations should be undertaken, to fish out the Nigerian liabilities in the SA system and have then deported! The SAPS (police) seem helpless on these drug cases though...

By the way, I know this thread will reach over 30 pages by tomorrow. It will be plagued by people who just want to have a fun of abusing their African brothers...

You have ended up saying nothing, If any Nigerian is involved in crime, hand him/her over to the police, fullstop. Any attempt to carry out street justice will be reciprocated in equal measure at Shoprite, DTSV and MTN living quarters in Lagos.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by TonySpike: 5:26am On May 31, 2013
Bad Attitude:
He said that the attack, which targeted Nigerians only, can be attributed to envy and jealousy about the success of Nigerian businesses in the community amidst poverty and unemployment among South Africans living in the community
The statement in red is a very common phrase I've seen here in Nairaland umpteen times. I wonder, this time around, the work being done that makes people envious.

Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by Nobody: 5:26am On May 31, 2013
Tony Spike: I am always tired of commenting on Nigeria-ZA threads. I lived in ZA for over two years, so I can tell us what is on ground. It is most unfortunate that quite a large number of Nigerians are involved in drug dealing, pimping, sales of stolen goods e.t.c. Infact, I know of a case in court - where a Nigerian sold a stolen ipad - from a burgled house over 30 kms his shop. How did he get it? It is enough that we are proud and lousy as a people. But engaging in criminal activities in another man's is a NO-NO. Let's do the maths, how many of us here know that it is very difficult to get entry visas as Nigerians into Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and even, Namibia for this same drug issues? Let us not even talk about Malaysia, India, China, Singapore e.t.c. We have a bad reputation that precedes us and the media have amplified it. The truth is that, the earlier we purge ourselves of criminal tendencies, the better. In SA, the population of Nigerian expats and professionals aren't significant. So, most Nigerians living there are the largely the street-wise ones. These street-wise Nigerians are mainly the ones into criminality. Yet, they are very loud and boastful, even on the streets. Like someone once suggested, overnight immigration operations should be undertaken, to fish out the Nigerian liabilities in the SA system and have then deported! The SAPS (police) seem helpless on these drug cases though...

a S.A claimin to b nigeria insultin nigeria.... But no probs.....since nigerians ar now criminals in S.A, I beliv dat is wat u also do for a livin in ZA......u guys should stop all dis talk of nigerians been criminals....ar d SA beta? Ar all d crimes(rape,fraud etc) in SA done by nigerians? ....go online and check for d crime statistics in SA, and tell me if all those crime ar committed by nijas....I can't imagine pot calling kettle black
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:31am On May 31, 2013
zeem_bab: I work and live in J'borg. For some of us exparts living in SA, the burden of being a Nigerian is enormous. Simply because our kinsmen are at the fore front of drug dealing and many other social vices. Much that I condemn the act of these people, I think they have the right within the ambit of law to do whatever they deem neccesary to get rid of whatever constitute threat to their community.
--Ade lives in Sandton !
...your kinsmen are at the forefront of drug dealing.....and they ave every right to get rid of anything that is constituting threats for their community....
U are a dunce, and a sycophant! I am sure dt if ds discussion arises in ur work place, this is the exact thing u will say! Selling out ur kinsmen jes to stay as slave in another man's country!
What happened to reporting the affected head to d police instead of throwin d lot into d biting winter? U want to tell me everyone in dt community is a drug dealer?
If it happens in ur fuckin sandton, will u b typing this foolishness?
When u said u are an 'expart', i shld undsnt u are a dunder head!!
Re: South Africans Chase Nigerians Out Of Their Homes by InvertedHammer: 5:32am On May 31, 2013
/
So all those guys wey dey come dey show off for Xmas in Nigeria..na so una dey live like
church rats come dey form big boys for Lagos.

All those naija babes wey una deceive...umu South! chei

See street hustling!

//

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (47) (Reply)

Buhari’s Daughter Zahra Wears Abaya In Solidarity With Harassed Student (Pix) / These Are The People Escorting El-zakzaky To India Today / Wizkid Drags Buhari And Trump On Twitter

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87