Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? (6180 Views)

To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. / Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 01, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Look, my friend, I am not at all the type to play the persecution card.Rather than that, I'd happily beat you up again in an argument. Isn't that how I've always dealt with you?
shocked
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 01, 2013
musKeeto:
shocked

Yes there are many ways in which that comment could be interpreted..............

I just want to know which one you found shocking smiley
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Creatrixity(m): 9:41am On Jun 01, 2013
Ihedinobi:

How would you know the beauty of Christianity without being a Christian yourself?

The same argument all over again..

Let me assure you that Christianity is very censorial,
In a weird way you are very correct..ask people like Severus and William tyndale that got copped during the inquisition..

if it were not, people like you would be Christians, not so?

Freedom is possible only where rights are kept sacred and responsibility is not excused. Forgiveness implies mutual acceptance that one has been wronged and the wrong has been atoned for.

As for what you said, how do you suppose your comment about JeSoul may be perceived?
Hey,i dont deem my comment as offensive to Jesoul..unless She objects,at that point,i offer a sincere apology.

Now, sir, unless you are a Christian, it is presumptuous of you to attempt to speak for Christians. We Christians were the ones that the thread addressed, it is our question.to answer, not yours.
Solved then.It should not be misconstrued that I am acting as the spokesman for christians.
That is your exalted position ,sire.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

YAWN....this is not the bible; yo do not have any privilege as a christian to hold any special interpretation of the rules.

Rule 2 is written in plain English and it is very literal

- Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.

I and everyone on that thread did not break rule 2.

Goodbye.

Is it a special interpretation to say that you insult me when you mock my Faith? Why did you consider a statement not specifically directed at you as an insult to you when obviously you can ridicule the Bible without insulting me?
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 01, 2013
[quote author=Ihedinobi]

Is it a special interpretation to say that you insult me when you mock my Faith? Why did you consider a statement not specifically directed at you as an insult to you when obviously you can ridicule the Bible without insulting me?[/
quote]

1) I did not mock your faith. Read the op.

2) Yes, it is a special interpretation. My thread was not about you, neither was it intended to mock faith. Read the op.
Furthermore, the rule is about Nairaland members. I was not talking about any nairaland member. It was about a quiz on things that happened in the bible.

3) Go to any court and sue someone for libel/slander over "mocking" of faith. Your case will be thrown out. In short, put any comment from the thread that could be put up as abuse or could beused to ban someone from the religion section

You have always been a dubious fellow
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 01, 2013
^^ How perfectly ridiculous! Anyway, I'll see if I can be bothered to come back and show you the utter nonsense you posted up there.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by AtheistD(m): 11:04am On Jun 01, 2013
It was fun. I didnt even get to post before they closed it. cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by UyiIredia(m): 11:13am On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:
I rightly called you a psychopath because you believe that genocide in the bible was moral and you also believed that atheists are immoral and other things along that line.....

I never said atheists are immoral. You, once again, show yourself to have a dull memory.

Logicboy03: Reddit atheists are very tolerant from what I have seen. When a christian comes with criticism to reddit/atheism he is met with answers. Some answers will come with buthhurt though

However, reddit atheists will rain all manner of fire and brimstone of buttthurt when a christian (ex) like yourself goes there to say things like

-atheists are silly for believing a myth of evolution
-atheism naturally leads to evil
-genocide in the bible is not wrong or immoral.

Your statement involves glittering generalizations. Not all reddit atheists insult given the happenstance you described. Some Reddit atheists do post things that are insultive of religion and/or religious people. Some Christians also give answers to questions, without a typical "you are a fool", "you are going to hell" etc.

Logicboy03: The above statements are not criticism
The above things are not only fallacies but false, annoying and can only come out of the mind of a delusional religious troll.

You can not ask for tolerance for such foolishness

Yet Christians should have tolerance for 'religion is evil', 'Christians disbeleive evolution because of Genesis', 'God r@ped Mary" etc Prop 2 isn't true for all Christians. Not to talk of your last statement right there.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by UyiIredia(m): 11:25am On Jun 01, 2013
Ehm, logicboy. Points 1 and a statement in Point 2 are clearly contradictions. That said, I agree the thread didn't violate Rule 2.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 01, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Sorry bro.....these things happen on this section sad
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 01, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Logicboy03:

Sorry bro.....these things happen on this section sad

lol.

i thought that only happened in the romance section. grin
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Ehm, logicboy. Points 1 and a statement in Point 2 are clearly contradictions. That said, I agree the thread didn't violate Rule 2.

Explain!!!
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Ehm, logicboy. Points 1 and a statement in Point 2 are clearly contradictions. That said, I agree the thread didn't violate Rule 2.

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.

How can you tell that the item in bold red was not violated?
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia:
Yet Christians should have tolerance for 'religion is evil', 'Christians disbeleive evolution because of Genesis', 'God r@ped Mary" etc Prop 2 isn't true for all Christians. Not to talk of your last statement right there.

Stop lying! Atheists dont say these things just like that!

What atheists say-

-The holy ghost or God impreganted/molested mary (which is a fact if the gospel in the bible is true)
-Religion has caused some of the most evil things in the world ( another fact)

etc......

Creationism is the failed alternative to evolution
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
striktlymi:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.

How can you tell that the item in bold red was not violated?

The bible is a nairaland member
The thread was made to provoke particular christian (s)

SMH.....striky the butthurt olodo
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

The bible is a nairaland member
The thread was made to provoke particular christian (s)

SMH.....striky the butthurt olodo

...and the Olodo cannot comprehend!
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
@Logicboy, sometimes accept your mistakes and correct them if possible

Sarcasm might b a tonic but excess of it could be heavily ridiculous and show the stuffs you're made of.

You know I always say-you're a small demon whose job is to fight christianity- I might be wrong but that's what I think 'coz I've never come across any thread or post from u where you're not fighting Christians or the Bible!

Sometimes, make your own point without ridiculing another

As always, I expect u to reply with insults or sarcasm!
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03: 1) I did not mock your faith. Read the op. 

Here's your op which, by the way, I have maintained did not much harm by itself but only made the harm to be done possible:

Logicboy03: Here are some riddles to see how well we know atrocities/hypocrisy/contradictions/wisdom in the bible

1) A cross and two holes made me popular, who am I in the bible?

2) I am not gay but I rejected a woman and had an attire like a rainbow, who am I?

3) They call me the jawbone killer, who am I? 

4) God created all animals but dislikes me, which animal am I?

5) I am God's weakness but the mover of kings

What was the subject of the op? Now, if we hadn't been Christians with our particular preference to excuse "attacks" and "slights" on our Faith, do you suppose we would not be offended by the allusion to hypocrisy and contradictions in the Bible?

Personally, I do not care that most of you have issues with the Bible and with Christianity. I don't particularly mind you when you blaspheme or, in any way, disrespect Christianity. That's why I was viewing the thread without commenting and why I was quite unimpressed by it. But, I am one individual Christian and may possess a higher tolerance threshold than many other Christians. So we will have to judge by more than my own susceptibility to offence.

When you structure a game on the assumption that there are hypocrisy, contradictions and atrocities in Scriptures that a group of people hold as sacred, an assumption which they have not accepted to be true and you have established yourself in the consciousness of these people as an antagonist of their faith, it is a mockery of their Faith and thus an insult to them. Therefore, a game of that sort would violate Rule #2 on Nairaland.

2) Yes, it is a special interpretation. My thread was not about you, neither was it intended to mock faith. Read the op. 
Furthermore, the rule is about Nairaland members. I was not talking about any nairaland member. It was about a quiz on things that happened in the bible.

The Bible itself claims to be the very word of God and thus is inerrant. Considering that, is it unfair to consider a game structured specifically to test the knowledge of players concerning its errors, not to mention atrocities and hypocrisy, a derision of it? Is your game an argument against the Bible's claim to inerrancy and the worthiness of the God that Christians believe?

Again, if you insist that your op said nothing particular to NL members among whom there are most definitely Christians, why did you consider my comment about amoral fools an insult to you?

3) Go to any court and sue someone for libel/slander over "mocking" of faith. Your case will be thrown out. In short, put any comment from the thread that could be put up as abuse or could beused to ban someone from the religion section

What is the relationship between libel/slander and mockery/insolence?

We are yet studying your "inoffensive" op, aren't we?

You have always been a dubious fellow

I think I've heard this so often that if it held any kind of meaning the first time you said it to me, it would have lost all of it by now. Maybe you get a high from saying it so don't let me stop you.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ihedinobi:
when you structure a game on the assumption that there are hypocrisy, contradictions and atrocities in Scriptures that a group of people hold as sacred, an assumption which they have not accepted to be true and you have established yourself in the consciousness of these people as an antagonist of their faith, it is a mockery of their Faith and thus an insult to them. Therefore, a game of that sort would violate Rule #2 on Nairaland.

The Bible itself claims to be the very word of God and thus is inerrant. Considering that, is it unfair to consider a game structured specifically to test the knowledge of players concerning its errors, not to mention atrocities and hypocrisy, a derision of it? Is your game an argument against the Bible's claim to inerrancy and the worthiness of the God that Christians believe?

By this definition, we could as well shut down the religion section.

To the part in red, you can as well say atheists and muslims aren't allowed to question the claims the Bible makes to be the word of God....
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 01, 2013
musKeeto:

Why? Because all religion section threads are games that assume the Bible to be a mass of atrocities, contradictions and hypocrisy?
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
musKeeto:

To the part in red, you can as well say atheists and muslims aren't allowed to question the claims the Bible makes to be the word of God....

About this latter part, perhaps you'd like to answer the question I posed Lb? Here it is:" Is your game an argument against the Bible's claim to inerrancy and the worthiness of the God that Christians believe?"
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ihedinobi:

About this latter part, perhaps you'd like to answer the question I posed Lb? Here it is:" Is your game an argument against the Bible's claim to inerrancy and the worthiness of the God that Christians believe?"
So you agree that the claims in the OP weren't lies? Neither were those stories misrepresented.

Personally, I ignore posts/comments that concern moderator administration in this section. I think JeSoul and Manmustwack have done extremely well.

But for once, I understand Lb's position. Frosbel's regular threads that rant against the Trinity, GOD JESUS amongst other contentious doctrines could also be closed going by Rule 2.

Also, what of threads that claim Atheists would go to hell for not believing the lies of Christianity? or the popular 'Atheists are fools'? Atheists are evil? Should such threads be closed too as per Rule 2?

That's all from me. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
musKeeto:
So you agree that the claims in the OP weren't lies? Neither were those stories misrepresented.

Excuse me? I agree what? What stories are you talking about?

Personally, I ignore posts/comments that concern moderator administration in this section. I think JeSoul and Manmustwack have done extremely well.

But for once, I understand Lb's position. Frosbel's regular threads that rant against the Trinity, GOD JESUS amongst other contentious doctrines could also be closed going by Rule 2.

Also, what of threads that claim Atheists would go to hell for not believing the lies of Christianity? or the popular 'Atheists are fools'? Atheists are evil? Should such threads be closed too as per Rule 2?

That's all from me. smiley

Incredible! How exactly do you plan to solve the problems of Nigeria that you claim to be upset about? With this "fire-and-forget" attitude of yours? Do you even aim before you fire?

You should look at the response I made before the one you're responding to above.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Excuse me? I agree what? What stories are you talking about?

Incredible! How exactly do you plan to solve the problems of Nigeria that you claim to be upset about? With this "fire-and-forget" attitude of yours? Do you even aim before you fire?

You should look at the response I made before the one you're responding to above.

Oh boy, na una wahala.. Logicboy'll be back soon. Make una enjoy. I don talk my own.

Nigeria's problems will be solved in due time. I'm contributing my quota in my own little way. You know little about what I do offline.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ihedinobi:

What was the subject of the op? Now, if we hadn't been Christians with our particular preference to excuse "attacks" and "slights" on our Faith, do you suppose we would not be offended by the allusion to hypocrisy and contradictions in the Bible?

Personally, I do not care that most of you have issues with the Bible and with Christianity. I don't particularly mind you when you blaspheme or, in any way, disrespect Christianity. That's why I was viewing the thread without commenting and why I was quite unimpressed by it. But, I am one individual Christian and may possess a higher tolerance threshold than many other Christians. So we will have to judge by more than my own susceptibility to offence.

When you structure a game on the assumption that there are hypocrisy, contradictions and atrocities in Scriptures that a group of people hold as sacred, an assumption which they have not accepted to be true and you have established yourself [/b]in the consciousness of these people as an antagonist of their faith, it is a mockery of their Faith and thus an insult to them. Therefore, a [b]game of that sort would violate Rule #2 on Nairaland.

Again, if you insist that your op said nothing particular to NL members among whom there are most definitely Christians, why did you consider my comment about amoral fools an insult to you?

Muskeeto gave you a reply that truly destroyed your position. You say that my assumptions on the bible end up as insults because christians do not agree with such assumptions and the bible is sacred.

Christians too do not agree with Frosbel's, Obadiah's and muslims' assumption on the bible as well.

You are just bending the Nairaland rules to say that my thread violates the second rule.

If so, why shouldnt the first thread in my signature be banned? (40 arguments against God)
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 01, 2013
musKeeto:

Oh boy, na una wahala.. Logicboy'll be back soon. Make una enjoy. I don talk my own.

Nigeria's problems will be solved in due time. I'm contributing my quota in my own little way. You know little about what I do offline.

Certainly they will. And I do not question that you are. I only wondered what kind of solutions and contributions you are offering and may yet offer in the future if you are so quick-lipped.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

Muskeeto gave you a reply that truly destroyed your position. You say that my assumptions on the bible end up as insults because christians do not agree with such assumptions and the bible is sacred.

Christians too do not agree with Frosbel's, Obadiah's and muslims' assumption on the bible as well.

You are just bending the Nairaland rules to say that my thread violates the second rule.

If so, why shouldnt the first thread in my signature be banned? (40 arguments against God)

Well, you didn't disappoint me at all, Lb smiley

Did frosbel make games out of his disagreements? Was frosbel a self-proclaimed antagonist of Christianity? Wasthat first thread in your signature a game based on your assumptions about the Bible?

Unintelligent as always, Lb.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Well, you didn't disappoint me at all, Lb smiley

Did frosbel make games out of his disagreements? Was frosbel a self-proclaimed antagonist of Christianity? Wasthat first thread in your signature a game based on your assumptions about the Bible?

Unintelligent as always, Lb.

So a game (bible quiz) is against the rules? A bible quiz shouldnt be in this section?

You just want to be foolish
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 01, 2013
Logicboy03:

So a game (bible quiz) is against the rules? A bible quiz shouldnt be in this section?

You just want to be foolish

A game of the sort that yours is violated the rules, yes. That particular Bible quiz of yours does not belong in this section and it may not even be allowed in the religion game section.

Edited.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by DeepSight(m): 9:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
In answer to your title, LB, the following are acts of high treason and blasphemy which are deeply offensive to Christians -

1. Claiming that virgins do not get pregnant.

2. Claiming that people do not walk on water.

3. Claiming that donkeys do not talk.

4. Claiming that human sacrifice cannot redeem anyone.

5. Claiming that a certain Jewish Rabbi/ Carpenter who lived 2000 years ago is not God.

So please stay away from these offences upon pain of death.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Mranony: 12:15am On Jun 02, 2013
Deep Sight:
In answer to your title, LB, the following are acts of high treason and blasphemy which are deeply offensive to Christians -

5. Claiming that a certain Jewish Rabbi/ Carpenter who lived 2000 years ago is not God.

Hmm, Interesting.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 4:53am On Jun 02, 2013
Deep Sight:

This is why I like Deepsight....he might be a pain in the azz but he does post some golden gems.

Epic sir, just epic! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Duration Of Courtship And Purpose Of Courtship In Christian Marriage. / Why Did God Forsake Jesus And Leave Him to Suffer. / Trinity Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.