Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? (6177 Views)

To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. / Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mr anony:
Dude, do you really think he didn't see that? Logicboy is a fanatic he'll employ dishonesty and bullying tactics if it helps him.

BTW Here's more from our muskeeto on this thread

This exchange simply made me laugh. It's that moment of pure dishonesty where someone lies by calling another person a liar.

Let us ask muskeeto now: Was logicboy's thread offensive or not?

Guy, before you do your Anonyism....address the op!

Should my thread be banned?

Is it as offensive as Alexleo saying "hail mary full of satan"? (Alexleo was reported to Jesoul but she didnt see the need to close Alexleo's thread)
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are silly. Do you honestly think we need you to survive?

Surely, you havent heard of Sweden or Reddit/atheism

Prove it by demanding JeSoul creates a section for you. Anything other than that is unserious bluster.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
davidylan:

lol at the sheer dishonesty. Muskeeto is best ignored to be honest. I have considered him a poor man's logicboy. Basically a cheerleader who contributes next to nothing with regard to intelligent discourse.

I love this guy!

Bring on the atheist hate....Muskeeto! you see wetin I dey see? lol....

@Davidylan, you are full of condensed butthurt from atheists over the years
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
davidylan:

Prove it by demanding JeSoul creates a section for you. Anything other than that is unserious bluster.

I have nothing to prove to you. cool

Jesoul ko, Jesupoa ni! Jesoul that wont even sticky an atheist thread? lol
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

I love this guy!

Bring on the atheist hate....Muskeeto! you see wetin I dey see? lol....

@Davidylan, you are full of condensed butthurt from atheists over the years

PDP tactics!! They've even asked you to go and appeal.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

I have nothing to prove to you. cool

Jesoul ko, Jesupoa ni! Jesoul that wont even sticky an atheist thread? lol

Are you backing out already? grin I thought you didnt need us! This guy is a one-man comedy show.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2013
musKeeto:

PDP tactics!! They've even asked you to go and appeal.

lmao grin grin

Appeal to their biased judge....PDP! Power!!!
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Mranony: 6:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Guy, before you do your Anonyism....address the op!

Should my thread be banned?

Is it as offensive as Alexleo saying "hail mary full of satan"? (Alexleo was reported to Jesoul but she didnt see the need to close Alexleo's thread)
Yes both of them deserve bans
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mr anony:

See the dishonest fellow? Mtchew
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Mranony: 6:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
davidylan: lol at the sheer dishonesty. Muskeeto is best ignored to be honest. I have considered him a poor man's logicboy. Basically a cheerleader who contributes next to nothing with regard to intelligent discourse.
Lol, a poor man's logicboy makes logicboy sound like a luxury. He isn't.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mr anony:
Dude, do you really think he didn't see that? Logicboy is a fanatic he'll employ dishonesty and bullying tactics if it helps him.

BTW Here's more from our muskeeto on this thread

This exchange simply made me laugh. It's that moment of pure dishonesty where someone lies by calling another person a liar.

Let us ask muskeeto now: Was logicboy's thread offensive or not?
Yawn.

What's new? You interprete posts the same way Christians read the Bible.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Mranony: 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03: See the dishonest fellow? Mtchew
Lol, you asked my opinion, I gave it. Then you called me dishonest just because I disagreed with you? You are such a crybaby . . . .and definitely a fanatic
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mr anony:

My thread deserves a ban? A thread that had no abuse rather it was a bible quiz on bible people and events that happened in the bible.

Lets compare that to your offensive thread that is a clear attack on atheism;

https://www.nairaland.com/946581/what-dont-tell-atheism
Mr_Anony: 1. Atheism is supposed to be the lack of a belief in deity (God) rather it is the convenient denial of God so as to go against conscience commit as many crimes one can get away with.

2. Atheism has no moral code or guidelines i.e. does not define good and evil hence serial rapists, serial killers, pedophiles, fraudsters are all justified as atheists.

3. The world's most hideous mass murderers were atheists namely Hitler and Stalin

4. For a group of people who don't believe in God, they go a long way to try and force this non-belief on others who don't share it and will even resort to name-calling and violence in some cases. It seems to me that they do this so as to constantly convince themselves that there is no God even though their consciences and their souls protest (heck they even deny the soul)

5. Atheists will always misuse science by quoting so called "scientific facts" as if they were some infallible creed (deliberately forgetting that fallibility is in fact the nature of science)

6. Atheists simply do not have any morals and they are quite comfortable attacking those with morals by calling them intolerant brainwashed fanatic bigots because it gives them some sort of a superiority complex.

7. Though they often claim to be logical, they mostly fail to provide logical arguments rather they resort to over-simplistic lines, quoting theists out of context and plain old mockery.

8. My question to Atheists; Justify your belief. Can you prove to me with 100% certainty that there is no God?

This is in response to similar posts by logicboy and other militant evangelist atheists on Nairaland.

Just looking at only the first two points from your op in the thread;
-atheists deny God so that they can commit atrocities
-r,apists and murderers are justified by atheism

Imagine if I said these against christianity or any other religion!
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
This thread will end without

A. The PDP members showing how LB's thread was offensive. As far as they're concerned, Number of 'yeas' is concrete evidence.

B. Showing where I said Logicboy's thread was offensive or not.

As expected.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol, a poor man's logicboy makes logicboy sound like a luxury. He isn't.

I was only pointing out how pathetic muskeeto is actually lol. At least logicboy has an opinion... no matter how dumb it is.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

My thread deserves a ban? A thread that had no abuse rather it was a bible quiz on bible people and events that happened in the bible.

this could be easily settled by moving your thread to a special atheist-only section. There you wont be harassed for offensive posting. What do you think?
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
davidylan:

I was only pointing out how pathetic muskeeto is actually lol. At least logicboy has an opinion... no matter how dumb it is.

Lol.....this is coming from a biologist that denied evolution? lol.....yo have the nerve to call someone dumb
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
Funny thing's the thread was addressed to atheists.

Smh. What were they expecting? A prayer and breaking of bread?

PDP cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
davidylan:

this could be easily settled by moving your thread to a special atheist-only section. There you wont be harassed for offensive posting. What do you think?

I think faster than you do;
https://www.nairaland.com/1191579/5-reasons-atheists-need-separate
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Mranony: 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Lololol. You know you are always free to complain to the moderators if you feel offended by that post
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Mranony: 6:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
davidylan:

Lololol
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
striktlymi:

I do understand your point and I believe you are right...frankly I believe Jesoul does a good job moderating this section, even going out of her way to appease people...I can bear witness to this.

But still a while back when things were rather 'hot' some persons took it up to complain about the wrong posts in the mod section and nothing was done about it...

https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/81#14928309

https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/81#14931115

I heae you, bro, and I think I understand, but I don't think you really meant to say that nothing was done about it. You posted something that JeSoul said about it. That was not "nothing", bro. But you can say that it wasn't what you woulc have preferred.

Allow me to explain something a little more clearly. I argued frobel on the Trinity, and I've faced a few people on tithing. With all the back-and-forth, emotions flared quite a bit. I did not take issue with any personal attacks directed at me or any abuse of my own position not because they were not wrong but because it was a discussion and all manner of tools are deployed to get one's position understood. The manner of deloyment and the choice of tools depends on maturity and purpose, and understanding that I myself was yet growing up into the Lord and had held positions in the past that were perfect and thus were abandoned as experience increased, it would have been unChristlike and very immature of me to censure my brothers and not quite fair.

I sometimes adopt the tools a given opponent has the propensity to use in order to show them how our discussion would work if we deployed it without thought. But if they don't get the point, I leave off talking with them because it's obvious they do not want a discussion. That's actually why discussions with atheists bore me easily.

The point is that communication is an art, it takes a lot both to understand your opposite and to help them understand you, and it doesn't always help to censor what they say. However, there are times when it is not a discussion that they want. At such times, we have a choice to go to war or walk away from the table. If we are Christians, or we all claim to be Christians, what do we do? Shut them up? Of course not. Sometimes, you go to war but not with weapons to slay rather with weapons to deliver. If both sides did this, sooner rather than.later, the fighting will cease. If only one did, that side will control the battle and leave seeds sown in the heart.

So you see, JeSoul's answer to both sides which claim Christianity may have been far more appropriate than censure of any one side.

I personally have been privately upset by certain things that our sister would allow but when I let time take off the sharpness of the hurt, I would sometimes agree with her. For instance, in that partivular instance you gave, I think frosbel was involved, I wanted very much to just gag him and throw him off the forum for, at least, a while but eventually I saw that it was not a reasonable reaction. You do not destroy dangerous lies, where there are lies, by burying them, you destroy them by forcing them into the light.

I hope you understand me, my brother. We all get upset and offended by all kinds of things but the real offence is what the judge must make judgments by. And what offence is real? That is the question here. What is it that is an offence regardless how the victim feels about it or responds to it?
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mr anony:
Lololol. You know you are always free to complain to the moderators if you feel offended by that post

hahahaha

The dubious PDP politician exposed.

Your thread was highly abusive to atheist. Yet, you went ahead to complain about mine that contained no abuse and had no intent to mock rather it was to get atheist to answer quizzical questions on the bible.

Guy....go and sleep
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

I think faster than you do;
https://www.nairaland.com/1191579/5-reasons-atheists-need-separate

Actually this is what you said - Edit; I am not asking for an atheist section but just showing the benefits and why christians shouldnt clamor for it

why arent you in favor of an atheist section since you can find 5 benefits for it?
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
musKeeto: Funny thing's the thread was addressed to atheists.

Smh. What were they expecting? A prayer and breaking of bread?

PDP cluelessness.

lol the dishonest obfuscation here is hilarious. Yep the thread was "addressed to atheists" who dont believe in religion ON THE RELIGION section. It was obviously addressed to atheists but with the intent that it would be seen by non-atheists.

The honest thing to do would be to argue for your own section where you can ridicule the bible to your hearts content. But of course... you wouldnt want that would you/
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I heae you, bro, and I think I understand, but I don't think you really meant to say that nothing was done about it. You posted something that JeSoul said about it. That was not "nothing", bro. But you can say that it wasn't what you woulc have preferred.

Allow me to explain something a little more clearly. I argued frobel on the Trinity, and I've faced a few people on tithing. With all the back-and-forth, emotions flared quite a bit. I did not take issue with any personal attacks directed at me or any abuse of my own position not because they were not wrong but because it was a discussion and all manner of tools are deployed to get one's position understood. The manner of deloyment and the choice of tools depends on maturity and purpose, and understanding that I myself was yet growing up into the Lord and had held positions in the past that were perfect and thus were abandoned as experience increased, it would have been unChristlike and very immature of me to censure my brothers and not quite fair.

I sometimes adopt the tools a given opponent has the propensity to use in order to show them how our discussion would work if we deployed it without thought. But if they don't get the point, I leave off talking with them because it's obvious they do not want a discussion. That's actually why discussions with atheists bore me easily.

The point is that communication is an art, it takes a lot both to understand your opposite and to help them understand you, and it doesn't always help to censor what they say. However, there are times when it is not a discussion that they want. At such times, we have a choice to go to war or walk away from the table. If we are Christians, or we all claim to be Christians, what do we do? Shut them up? Of course not. Sometimes, you go to war but not with weapons to slay rather with weapons to deliver. If both sides did this, sooner rather than.later, the fighting will cease. If only one did, that side will control the battle and leave seeds sown in the heart.

So you see, JeSoul's answer to both sides which claim Christianity may have been far more appropriate than censure of any one side.

I personally have been privately upset by certain things that our sister would allow but when I let time take off the sharpness of the hurt, I would sometimes agree with her. For instance, in that partivular instance you gave, I think frosbel was involved, I wanted very much to just gag him and throw him off the forum for, at least, a while but eventually I saw that it was not a reasonable reaction. You do not destroy dangerous lies, where there are lies, by burying them, you destroy them by forcing them into the light.

I hope you understand me, my brother. We all get upset and offended by all kinds of things but the real offence is what the judge must make judgments by. And what offence is real? That is the question here. What is it that is an offence regardless how the victim feels about it or responds to it?

DAFUQ?

WTF?

SERIOUSLY? BRO? SERIOUSLY.

Guy, what is the meaning of this essay? Why are u writing an epistle?

Jesoul messed up. Clean and clear. Alexleo's abusive blasphemy was reported but she didnt closed the abusive thread.

Mine had no abuse and had no intent to abuse. People were enjoying my thread but she closed it.

She let a christian go scot free with abuse but burned down the atheist thread with no abuse
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

DAFUQ?

WTF?

SERIOUSLY? BRO? SERIOUSLY.

Jesoul messed up. Clean and clear. Alexleo's abusive blasphemy was reported but she didnt closed the abusive thread.

Mine had no abuse and had no intent to abuse. People were enjoying my thread but she closed it.

She let a christian go scot free with abuse but burned down the atheist thread with no abuse

dont burst a vein. Get your own section, anoint an atheist as your mod and you wont have to whine all day.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Reuben Abati.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
davidylan:

Actually this is what you said - Edit; I am not asking for an atheist section but just showing the benefits and why christians shouldnt clamor for it

why arent you in favor of an atheist section since you can find 5 benefits for it?

Politics bro, politics.

I wouldnt mind an atheist section. But to ask for it at the time that I wad labelled the chief atheist troll of Nairaland.........
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2013
davidylan:

dont burst a vein. Get your own section, anoint an atheist as your mod and you wont have to whine all day.

Stop trolling
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2013
davidylan:
bla, bla, bla...
When you're through trolling and puking, feel free to resume your sabbatical. kiss
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Politics bro, politics.

I wouldnt mind an atheist section. But to ask for it at the time that I wad labelled the chief atheist troll of Nairaland.........

what does time have to do with it? If you dont mind an atheist section then request one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Seeing Angels From Birth. I Need Answers Please / Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus / I SAW Heaven…….by Sis. Toun Praise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.