Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? (6179 Views)

To Avoid Being Banned, Please Ensure That Your Post Is Not Offensive To Islam. / Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ishilove:
This is what I call bed belle-ism for the sake of bad belle. It ain't ma fault that you are a philistine and therefore unable to recognise and appreciate art even if it were to punch you in the nose with spiked boxing gloves.

Keep living in denial: I see e-blood all over this thread... YOURS!! cheesy cheesy

lol......I am 10 times a better poet than you will ever be.

Sorry Ishilove......my artistic swag is too much for you
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ihedinobi:

And you aren't for trying to say that Christians are not given offence by a thread that puts down Scriptures they hold sacred? As far as you atheists are concerned, there's nothing sacred except your opinion so you are free to insult things that other people hold sacred and attempt to shout then down when they take offence.

And I'm the fool? smiley

You just strawmanned yourself out of the point of this argument.

Try again
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Ishilove: 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol......I am 10 times a better poet than you will ever be.

Sorry Ishilove......my artistic swag is too much for you
Ha! See self-deception on all fours cheesy
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ishilove:
Ha! See self-deception on all fours cheesy

lol.......you want a poetic freestyle battle?

loquacious is my sword
for I slay with words
a verbal assassination
will leave you stiff like vegetation......

^^^^
although that was a bit cheesy, you should appreciate my quick rhyming talent cool
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
musKeeto:

Clear case of attacking the messenger not the message.. Christians can misquote and translate Bible verses as much as they want.. (you should see comments some of them make on the tithe threads, anti catholic threads and other doctrines they do not agree with, most of them start off with sacarsm and mockery)..

Abeg, Ihedinobi, you have no case. Go siddon. Leave mod duties to the mod.

Lol. But you have a case in your argument that Lb's thread was not offensive because, according to you, there are comments and posts like his that were not given the same treatment as his was? Yeah, very smart! It's one thing, my smart friend, to say that it was unfair to lock Lb's thread because there were others like it which were not locked and another to insist that Lb's thread was free of offence merely because there are other threads, in your opinion, that were just like his and didn't get the same treatment. That's like saying murder is not wrong because you can name a bunch of murderers who are neither in jail nor have been executed for the crime.

Abeg, leave offence for offenders. Go siddon.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Ishilove: 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol.......you want a poetic freestyle battle?

loquacious is my sword
for I slay with words
a verbal assassination
will leave you stiff like vegetation......

^^^^
although that was a bit cheesy, you should appreciate my quick rhyming talent cool
Lol. 'A bit cheesy' is an understatement cheesy
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
musKeeto:

Clear case of attacking the messenger not the message.. Christians can misquote and translate Bible verses as much as they want.. (you should see comments some of them make on the tithe threads, anti catholic threads and other doctrines they do not agree with, most of them start off with sacarsm and mockery)..

Abeg, Ihedinobi, you have no case. Go siddon. Leave mod duties to the mod.

Lol. But you have a case in your argument that Lb's thread was not offensive because, according to you, there are comments and posts like his that were not given the same treatment as his was? Yeah, very smart! It's one thing, my smart friend, to say that it was unfair to lock Lb's thread because there were others like it which were not locked and another to insist that Lb's thread was free of offence merely because there are other threads, in your opinion, that were just like his and didn't get the same treatment. That's like saying murder is not wrong because you can name a bunch of murderers who are neither in jail nor have been executed for the crime.

Abeg, leave offence for offenders. Go siddon.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

You just strawmanned yourself out of the point of this argument.

Try again

Are you too lazy to point out the straw men? Or maybe there are actually none? smiley
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. But you have a case in your argument that Lb's thread was not offensive because, according to you, there are comments and posts like his that were not given the same treatment as his was? ...
undecided

What a liar!! Is that what Christ teaches you? Where have I said LB's thread was not offensive? Where you idioot?
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Well, isn't that the point, MosQuito? smiley That it is a point of disagreement?

My dead IHEDinazu, you didn't write the BIBLE. And the Bible is translated in plain english. So where we read and see atrocities, feel free to call it judgement. Where we see a lie(such as the virgin birth), feel free to call it a miracle.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

See liar! Lawd have mercy!

The lies, sir? I'm sure you can point them out.

Where was I profane in that bible quiz thread?

You do know the meaning of "profane", don't you? Is it profane to insult sacred things?

Gaddem.....is this what you resort to after being debunked?

I have to be debunked first.

Commot for road....no one supports your claim that I broke rule 2 or that my thread should be closed

Argumentum ad populum is not usually a good argument.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
musKeeto:
undecided

What a liar!! Is that what Christ teaches you? Where have I said LB's thread was not offensive? Where you idioot?

Ah, good! My mistake! So we are agreed that his thread was offensive. Pardon my error, I was under the impression that you were speaking in his defence.

smiley
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
musKeeto:

My dead IHEDinazu, you didn't write the BIBLE. And the Bible is translated in plain english. So where we read and see atrocities, feel free to call it judgement. Where we see a lie(such as the virgin birth), feel free to call it a miracle.

Well then, as long as we disagree, it is only right that you respect what I hold sacred and only engage me in order to question whether or not they are truly sacred. Unless that is what you do, you insult me when you mock them.

1 Like

Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Ah, good! My mistake! So we are agreed that his thread was offensive. Pardon my error, I was under the impression that you were speaking in his defence.

smiley
THE LIAR has been caught pants down...

Ihe the LIAR.. Please show where I said Lb's thread's offensive...
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Well then, as long as we disagree, it is only right that you respect what I hold sacred and only engage me in order to question whether or not they are truly sacred. Unless that is what you do, you insult me when you mock them.

Very good.

Lb's thread was clearly addressed to atheists. It wasn't for dolts like you. Can we give this a rest now? Nama.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ishilove:

If only the wish to rhyme was the same as the ability to rhyme...

smiley
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
Unfollowing.. The disc can keep spinning for all I care.. Moving on to better things... tongue
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ishilove:

Ishilove,
daughter of Yahweh above,
my one and only love,
heart pure as a dove,

where has thou been hiding my maria,
i see you being chased by obadiah,
please my love for you no go ever tire,
reply this horrible poem so I can retire...

grin
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2013
musKeeto:

Very good.

Lb's thread was clearly addressed to atheists. It wasn't for dolts like you. Can we give this a rest now? Nama.

Where was it posted? Not in the section where I am free to share my faith with fellow adherents to it? Is it inoffensive for people to do as Lb did in a section that can be said to guarantee the sanctity of my faith? That's the reason I agree that he could have posted his quiz in the Games section.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Where was it posted? Not in the section where I am free to share my faith with fellow adherents to it? Is it inoffensive for people to do as Lb did in a section that can be said to guarantee the sanctity of my faith? That's the reason I agree that he could have posted his quiz in the Games section.

Feeding your strawmen steriods now.. Continue.. I dey sidelines dey watch..

grin
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2013
musKeeto:

Ishilove,
my one and only love,
heart pure as a dove,

grin

Even more cheesy!

grin grin grin
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Ishilove: 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2013
musKeeto:

Ishilove,
my one and only love,
heart pure as a dove,

grin
Awwww *dabs eyes*

This is so sweet. Horrible, but sweet sad

Unlike the poem of a certain young philistine... angry lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Ishilove: 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Even more cheesy!

grin grin grin
As if yours was better undecided
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ishilove:
As if yours was better undecided

I wrote mine in mere seconds.....35 seconds to be exact

Furthermore, yo saw the poem i put on your thread.....c'mon babe face reality...I am better than those Alan Poe wannabes you hang out with in the romance/poetry section.

Upgrade and hang out with real talent.....but then some gals like razz things (cough* africa magic)
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2013
I think it boils down to Religious Hypocrisy.. we have been at this Bible-God thing since the past 2000+ years, you'd think the meecrobs would have grown any wiser/better for it by now. nope.. still the same self-righteous hypocritical ingrates they were at the time of Jesus as they are now.. everything is offensive to God except their own sinful nature. which is all but obvious to everyone.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: I think it boils down to Religious Hypocrisy.. we have been at this Bible-God thing since the past 2000+ years, you'd think the meecrobs would have grown any wiser/better for it by now. nope.. still the same self-righteous hypocritical ingrates they were at the time of Jesus as they are now.. everything is offensive to God except their own sinful nature. which is all but obvious to everyone.

Thank you bros!

You can image. Frosbel can balspheme against the trinity but I can run a bible quiz for atheist that contains not one single abuse
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ihedinobi:

My brother, if we judge by our tolerance threshold for things, we can excuse even murder and condemn even truth. We don't judge offence by our own individual reaction to something but by that thing's interplay with human sanctity or sacredness.

frosbel's thread may have been more offensive to you for whatever reason, but did it allow you to disagree with him, to defend that which you believed was sacred? Did he allow discussion and the possibility of affirmation.of your position? His mockery may have been very wrong, but was he deriding you by taking something you hold dear and turning it into the equivalent of a commodity?

Lb did far worse. He treated the very Word of God as a play-thing. He was not arguing that there weere contradictions in something claimed to be the Word of God so that the claim was proved false, he was not arguing that there was hypocrisy in the Bible and therefore it was wrong to hold it sacred etc etc. Logicboy knows that Christians hold the Bible as sacred and he goes on to design a game that takes offers as amusement the very same assumptions that Christians do not agree with and nowhere else but in the religion section where they come to share their faitj and meet together.

Frosbel was immature, Logicboy was profane. Both don't belong in the aame moral category.

I agree with you completely that LB's thread is inappropriate for obvious reasons and my threshold shouldn't be the yardstick for judging whether a thread is offensive or not but comparing LB's thread with some others put up by some of my brothers, we can't but say that he was unjustly treated.

I am not actually referring to just Frosbel's thread but threads put up by supposed Christians... see the one below for starters:

alexleo: "HAIL MARY (queen of the coast and goddess of the catholic church)FULL OF MARINE POWERS, SATAN IS WITH YOU-
POWERFUL ART THOU AMONGST OTHER GODDESSES TO HAVE CAGED THE MINDS OF THE CATHOLICS AND DECEIVED THEM TO BELIEVE YOU REPRESENT THE MOTHER OF JESUS CHRIST WHO DIED THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO" (FOR TRULY MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS CHRIST IS NOT PART OF THIS FRAUD IN THE CHURCH. SHE IS DEAD LONG AGO AND A DEAD PERSON CANNOT PRAY OR MEDIATE FOR THE LIVING.)IT IS ONLY IN THE NAME OF JESUS THAT THE BIBLE ASKED US TO PRAY.
CAGED ARE THE FRUITS OF YOUR EVIL MANIPULATING POWERS- THE CATHOLIC.
HORROR MARY (queen of the coast) MOTHER OF CATHOLICS.
MAY GOD DESTROY YOUR EVIL POWERS AND DELIVER THE CATHOLICS FROM YOUR DECEIT AND EVIL MANIPULATION BEFORE THEY DIE WITH SUCH DECEIT AND LOOSE HEAVEN. AMEN
HAIL MARY INDEED.

alexleo:

ok so this is how you hail mary mad dogs ignore a post? By quoting it and even replying? Interesting.

https://www.nairaland.com/1234377/hail-mary-indeed#14888865

What can be more profane and offensive than what Alex created up there? And to think that Alex thread remained open to this very day without any post hidden is indeed a 'miracle'...if we compare the above with what LB has then we can't help but say that LB was unfairly treated because he is an Atheist.

Don't get me wrong, I believe firmly that closing LB's thread was the right thing to do; but again if thread like Alexleo's could be allowed, then I don't see any reason why LB's thread was locked.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: That's why we a need an anti-christian section on this forum.

This is the anti-christian section... it used to be the religion section a few years ago until you all swamped in. Funny enough it was atheists themselves who vehemently refused the creation of an atheist section... i wonder why.
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
davidylan:

This is the anti-christian section... it used to be the religion section a few years ago until you all swamped in. Funny enough it was atheists themselves who vehemently refused the creation of an atheist section... i wonder why.

What? Dont you know that we atheists love you christian giyz too? Just as you dont want us to lose our souls to the devil/hell, we too dont want you guyz to lose your common sense to the bible. wink
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2013
Striky,

Great job
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
davidylan:

Guy, say something about the op......should my thread have been closed?
Re: What Is Truly Offensive To Christians? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Guy, say something about the op......should my thread have been closed?

Frankly i dont care. I would say JeSoul should simply have gone ahead to create an atheist section and moved your threads there. That way you all can mock the bible to your heart's desire with no one to bother you. No point closing the thread to create hypocritical martyrs who cry intolerance when their attempts at abuse and ridicule of others is denied.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus / I SAW Heaven…….by Sis. Toun Praise / Trinity Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.