Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) (27956 Views)

The Gospel Of Barnabas Laid To Rest! / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas / Gospel Of Barnabas: Judas Did Not Betray Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 19, 2008
@4Him + davidylan
Protestants ARE NOT good christians just because they can criticize catholics --- who compiled and approved the bible that the protestants are using. The Catholic church is 2000 years old. What makes you think your attacks will make any impact?

Taking Africa alone, there are a lot of things to be done
- checking corruption and poverty in Nigeria
- taking care of refugees in war torn Liberia and Sierra Leone + Darfur
- taking care of HIV ravaged peoples in Kenya, Botswana, Nigeria, etc etc
- taking care of impoverished blacks in South Africa
- educating the generation of illiterates that Nigeria has succeeded in producing
- building up war torn Democratic Republic of Congo
- etc etc etc etc

Love of God is proven in DEEDS, not sweet words, feelings or arguments.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2008
imhotep:

@4Him + davidylan
Protestants ARE NOT good protestants just because they can criticize catholics - who compiled and approved the bible that the protestants are using. The Catholic church is 2000 years old. What makes you think your attacks will make any impact?

ENOUGH about this puerile and baseless allegations of "attacks". Open the bible bro and lets use that as a yardstick for a civil discuss not hiding behind your finger while claiming to have been attacked.

- The catholics compiled the bible and we thank them for that . . . credit must however God to God Himself without whose inspiration on our apostolic fathers, jewish prophets of old the bible would not have been possible to compile and approve in the first place.

imhotep:

Love of God is proven in DEEDS, not sweet words, feelings or arguments.

Love of God isnt proven in DEEDS. sir please read your bible well. It is like saying salt without rice is no food. Salt alone is useless . . . u need it to spice up your food but it is not food itself.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2008
davidylan:

ENOUGH about this puerile and baseless allegations of "attacks".
Also impotent attacks.

davidylan:

Open the bible bro and lets use that as a yardstick for a civil discuss not hiding behind your finger while claiming to have been attacked.
'Sola scriptura' is not in the bible.

davidylan:

- The catholics compiled the bible and we thank them for that . . .
This is so refreshing.

davidylan:

credit must however God to God Himself without whose inspiration on our apostolic fathers, jewish prophets of old the bible would not have been possible to compile and approve in the first place.
Who ever denied them credit?

davidylan:

Love of God isnt proven in DEEDS. sir please read your bible well. It is like saying salt without rice is no food. Salt alone is useless . . . u need it to spice up your food but it is not food itself.
Once again 'sola scriptura' is not in the bible. This means that the principle of 'sola scriptura' cannot validate itself. shocked
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2008
Imhotep . . . there are issues on ground, mary . . . penance, purgatory, confession . . . rather u choose to hide behind the skirts of semantics.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2008
davidylan:

Imhotep . . . there are issues on ground,
There have always been issues on ground.

davidylan:

mary . . . penance, purgatory, confession
They have been around for 2000 years. And will be around long before we are all gone. Its no use running on the wrong road.

davidylan:

. . . rather u choose to hide behind the skirts of semantics.
Hiding behind the bible and 'sola scriptura' (by scripture alone) cannot also save you or anybody. We have seen that 'sola scriptura' cannot support itself.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 19, 2008
imhotep:

They have been around for 2000 years. And will be around long before we are all gone. Its no use running on the wrong road.

is that why neither you nor lady can find it in the very bible you "compiled"?

imhotep:

Hiding behind the bible and 'sola scriptura' (by scripture alone) cannot also save you or anybody. We have seen that 'sola scriptura' cannot support itself.

The bible is the sole authority on issues that pertain to the christian faith. To accuse others of hiding behind the bible to explain BIBLICAL CONCEPTS is absurd.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2008
davidylan:

is that why neither you nor lady can find it in the very bible you "compiled"?
Neither can we find 'sola scriptura'.

davidylan:

The bible is the sole authority on issues that pertain to the christian faith.
And what was the sole authority before the bible was compiled?

davidylan:

To accuse others of hiding behind the bible to explain BIBLICAL CONCEPTS is absurd.
Not absurd. Very very true. You hide behind a bible that you cannot defend.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2008
imhotep:

And what was the sole authority before the bible was compiled?

the scrolls of the prophets, the books of Moses and the letters of the disciples and apostles that today make up the bible.

imhotep:

Not absurd. Very very true. You hide behind a bible that you cannot defend.

Funny.

I will henceforth not reply any of ur posts because i see them as deliberate attempts to side step the issues. I'm not in for a fruitless brickbat. I'll rather wait for those who are interested in talking about the words of God Himself.
Carry on hyperventilating about latin words.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 19, 2008
davidylan:

the scrolls of the prophets, the books of Moses
The scribes and the pharisees read these and rejected Christ.

davidylan:

and the letters of the disciples and apostles that today make up the bible.
These were scattered and had to be compiled by the Catholic bishops in the Synod of Hippo in 393 AD.

davidylan:

Funny.
I will henceforth not reply any of your posts because i see them as deliberate attempts to side step the issues. I'm not in for a fruitless brickbat.
Good. Now, go and do something useful - like visit the sick and dying and those in prison.

davidylan:

I'll rather wait for those who are interested in talking about the words of God Himself.
Carry on hyperventilating about latin words.
'Sola scriptura' is STILL not in the scriptures. Sorry.

====
BTW. The word 'Trinity' does not appear in the bible. Why do you believe/defend the doctrine of the Blessed Trinity?
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 19, 2008
imhotep:

You're doing the same.

imhotep:

Good. Now, go and do something useful - like visit the sick and dying and those in prison.

You can do this all your life and still go to hell in ur sin.

imhotep:

BTW. The word 'Trinity' does not appear in the bible. Why do you believe/defend the doctrine of the Blessed Trinity?

I dont defend it as a doctrine, i believe it as truth. Same God in three different manifestations. No big deal there.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2008
davidylan:

You're doing the same.
Speak for yourself.

davidylan:

You can do this all your life and still go to hell in your sin.

Matthew 25:34 - 40
34. "That is when the King says to those from his right, 'Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom that was destined for you from the foundations of the universe.
35. " 'For I was hungry and you gave me to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me to drink. I was an outcast and you took me in.
36. " 'I was naked and you clothed me. I was ill and you visited me. I was in prison and you came to me. '
37. "Then the saintly will say to him, 'Our Lord, when did we see you hungry and we fed you, or you were thirsty and we gave you drink?
38. " 'And when did we see you an outcast and we took you in, or when were you naked and we clothed you?
39. " 'And when did we see you ill or in prison and we came to you?'
40. "And the King replied and told them, 'Amen, I am telling you, that whatever you do for one of these my little brethren, for me you have done that.'

====
Once again, go and do something useful with yourself. Rather than argue about a bible whose origins you do not really know.

davidylan:

I don't defend it as a doctrine, i believe it as truth. Same God in three different manifestations. No big deal there.
But it is not explicitly stated in the bible. It was defined and defended by the Catholic bishops with the Popes. shocked
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 19, 2008
imhotep:

Matthew 25:34 - 40
34. "That is when the King says to those from his right, 'Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom that was destined for you from the foundations of the universe.
35. " 'For I was hungry and you gave me to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me to drink. I was an outcast and you took me in.
36. " 'I was naked and you clothed me. I was ill and you visited me. I was in prison and you came to me. '
37. "Then the saintly will say to him, 'Our Lord, when did we see you hungry and we fed you, or you were thirsty and we gave you drink?
38. " 'And when did we see you an outcast and we took you in, or when were you naked and we clothed you?
39. " 'And when did we see you ill or in prison and we came to you?'
40. "And the King replied and told them, 'Amen, I am telling you, that whatever you do for one of these my little brethren, for me you have done that.'

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

imhotep:

Once again, go and do something useful with yourself. Rather than argue about a bible whose origins you do not really know.

The origin of the bible is not important.

2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

imhotep:

But it is not explicitly stated in the bible. It was defined and defended by the Catholic bishops with the Popes. shocked

Read your bible again . . . it is.

Matthew 28: 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

2 Corinthians 13: 14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

We dont need the popes to tell us what is clearly written in the scriptures.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2008
imhotep:

Neither can we find 'sola scriptura'.

2 Timothy 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2008
davidylan:

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

James 2:14-26 =>

14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day,

16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well," but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?

17 So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 Indeed someone might say, "You have faith and I have works." Demonstrate your faith to me without works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works.

19 You believe that God is one. You do well. Even the demons believe that and tremble.

20 Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that faith without works is useless?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar?

22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by the works.

23 Thus the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called "the friend of God."

24 See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

25 And in the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she welcomed the messengers and sent them out by a different route?

26 For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

davidylan:

The origin of the bible is not important.
Because you disregard it, you spend your time endlessly analyzing the bible and getting nowhere. You will soon break away from your local church and go to start another cantankerous bible-misquoting sect. Same pattern.

davidylan:

2 Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Read your bible again . . . it is.

Matthew 28: 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

2 Corinthians 13: 14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

We don't need the popes to tell us what is clearly written in the scriptures.
The word 'Trinity' is not mentioned in any of these Passages. Neither do they allude to the concept. Now, please deny the Trinity.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2008
davidylan:

2 Timothy 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The bible was compiled and approved about 320 years after Paul wrote this to letter Timothy. So, which scripture was Paul referring to??

Obviously here, and in most references to "the Scriptures" that we find in the New Testament, Paul is speaking of the Old Testament; so if this passage is going to be used to set the limits on inspired authority, then the entire New Testament will be excluded.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 19, 2008
imhotep:

James 2:14-26 =>

the scripture you hang unto to defend your false claims of works being more important than salvation?
Here is an analogy - salvation = common entrance to secondary school, works = first yr exam to progress to yr 2 in secondary school.

You can take the 1st yr exam from now till next yr, if u don't pass the common entrance you will never be a bonafide student.

imhotep:

Because you disregard it, you spend your time endlessly analyzing the bible and getting nowhere. You will soon break away from your local church and go to start another cantankerous bible-misquoting sect. Same pattern.

the hallmark of heretics and shallow christians is their persistent reluctance to read the bible rather prefering to bury their heads in religious dogma. Similar to the pharisees of old.

- The catholic church is a bible-misquoting sect . . . (Mary worship, penance, purgatory).

imhotep:

The word 'Trinity' is not mentioned in any of these Passages. Neither do they allude to the concept. Now, please deny the Trinity.

The word "trinity" is an english word. English was not in existence 2000yrs ago so we don't expect to find "trinity" in the bible.
The concept trinity claims to describe is one that is readily found in the scriptures.

imhotep:

The bible was compiled and approved about 320 years after Paul wrote this to letter Timothy. So, which scripture was Paul referring to??

Obviously here, and in most references to "the Scriptures" that we find in the New Testament, Paul is speaking of the Old Testament; so if this passage is going to be used to set the limits on inspired authority, then the entire New Testament will be excluded.

Paul is evidently also speaking about the gospels, his own letters and that of the other apostles to the churches. So we cannot exclude the NT.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2008
davidylan:

the scripture you hang unto to defend your false claims of works being more important than salvation?
Here is an analogy - salvation = common entrance to secondary school, works = first yr exam to progress to yr 2 in secondary school.

You can take the 1st yr exam from now till next yr, if u don't pass the common entrance you will never be a bonafide student.

the hallmark of heretics and shallow christians is their persistent reluctance to read the bible rather prefering to bury their heads in religious dogma. Similar to the pharisees of old.
Now you are giving me extra-biblical explanations. This is not acceptable.

Luke 6:46 => "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I command?"

Jesus' words => "It is not those who call me "Lord, Lord" who will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only those who do the will of my Father."

1 Corinthians 9:27 => "But I chastise my body, and bring it into subjection: lest perhaps, when I have preached to others, I myself should become a castaway"

davidylan:

The word "trinity" is an english word. English was not in existence 2000yrs ago so we don't expect to find "trinity" in the bible.
The concept trinity claims to describe is one that is readily found in the scriptures.
TRINITY is still not in the bible. I am waiting for you to deny the Trinity, then we can continue discussing.

davidylan:

Paul is evidently also speaking about the gospels his own letters and that of the other apostles to the churches. So we cannot exclude the NT.
This is your own dogma. Davidylan's dogma cheesy cheesy
This is why you should go back and CAREFULLY study the history of the bible.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Lady2(f): 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2008
It truly amazes me how someone who claims the Bible to be the word of God uses it to contradict the itself.
The Bible is not contradictory, your misinterpretation of it is.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 1:32am On Jun 20, 2008
~Lady~:

It truly amazes me how someone who claims the Bible to be the word of God uses it to contradict the itself.
The Bible is not contradictory, your misinterpretation of it is.

same ol' same ol'. When they run out of excuses to support their unbiblical verbiage you start seeing escapist attempts to cry about "attacks", "contradictions" and "misinterpretation".

The bible aint contradictory - your own words.

BUT

- kindly tell us why NO ONE in the bible mentioned Mary as the "ark of the covenant".
- Kindly show us where Paul and Peter preached about penance.
- Kindly tell me why purgatory also has a fire of torment if it isnt the same as hell.
- Kindly tell me why confession is made to priests when the apostles of the bible CLEARLY talked about praying (not forgiving) for their brothers with faults.
- Kindly tell us why your own special "Christ" asks you to PAY FOR YOUR SINS in purgatory when Jesus Christ went to the cross and claimed "it is finished".

Madam, it is not enough to accuse others of contradictions, it is not enough to deceitfully accuse others of misinterpretations when you run out of gas. Kindly show us all the above in the bible since you claim it isnt contradictory . . .

and pls dont use imhotep's usual escape route - 'Sola scriptura'
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 20, 2008
imhotep:

Now you are giving me extra-biblical explanations. This is not acceptable.

Luke 6:46 => "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I command?"

Jesus' words => "It is not those who call me "Lord, Lord" who will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only those who do the will of my Father."

1 Corinthians 9:27 => "But I chastise my body, and bring it into subjection: lest perhaps, when I have preached to others, I myself should become a castaway"

Imhotep, mark my words . . . these very words will haunt you on the last day when you realise the wool had been over ur eyes all along. However it is my fervent belief that you will see the light pretty soon.

imhotep:

TRINITY is still not in the bible. I am waiting for you to deny the Trinity, then we can continue discussing.

I showed you three verses that clearly identify the concept of one God in three offices in the bible. Let he that will be blind be blind still.

imhotep:

This is your own dogma. Davidylan's dogma cheesy cheesy
This is why you should go back and CAREFULLY study the history of the bible.

No wonder you have a very rudimentary knowledge of the scriptures. You are too busy reading history.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:13am On Jun 20, 2008
imhotep:

These were scattered and had to be compiled by the Catholic bishops in the Synod of Hippo in 393 AD.

Enough of the boasts that the Roman Catholic church compiled the Bible. Read in the weblink below of the real intention of the organisation.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/kjb_from_catholics.htm
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 20, 2008
davidylan:

Imhotep, mark my words . . . these very words will haunt you on the last day when you realise the wool had been over your eyes all along. However it is my fervent belief that you will see the light pretty soon.
James 2:19 => You believe that God is one. You do well. Even the demons believe that and tremble.

James 2:26 => For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

davidylan:

I showed you three verses that clearly identify the concept of one God in three offices in the bible. Let he that will be blind be blind still.
The verses say NOTHING about the nature of God. Athanasius (a Catholic bishop + theologian) did a lot of work on the Trinity.

davidylan:

No wonder you have a very rudimentary knowledge of the scriptures. You are too busy reading history.
Those who ignore history make the same mistake many times over.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 20, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

Enough of the boasts that the Roman Catholic church compiled the Bible. Read in the weblink below of the real intention of the organisation.
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/kjb_from_catholics.htm
Protestant propaganda. Neither here nor there.

It is easier to throw [very] weak punches at Catholics than to compile and approve your own bible.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 20, 2008
davidylan:

same ol' same ol'. When they run out of excuses to support their unbiblical verbiage you start seeing escapist attempts to cry about "attacks", "contradictions" and "misinterpretation".
Lame and impotent attacks nevertheless.

davidylan:

- kindly tell us why NO ONE in the bible mentioned Mary as the "ark of the covenant".
- Kindly show us where Paul and Peter preached about penance.
- Kindly tell me why purgatory also has a fire of torment if it isnt the same as hell.
- Kindly tell me why confession is made to priests when the apostles of the bible CLEARLY talked about praying (not forgiving) for their brothers with faults.
- Kindly tell us why your own special "Christ" asks you to PAY FOR YOUR SINS in purgatory when Jesus Christ went to the cross and claimed "it is finished".

Madam, it is not enough to accuse others of contradictions, it is not enough to deceitfully accuse others of misinterpretations when you run out of gas. Kindly show us all the above in the bible since you claim it isnt contradictory . . .
Show us where TRINITY is written in the bible. Yet, your ENTIRE belief system is based on the Trinity. shocked

davidylan:

and please don't use imhotep's usual escape route - 'Sola scriptura'
I repeat -> 'Sola Scriptura' cannot defend itself. It is NOT in the bible. What a pity.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 20, 2008
imhotep:

Show us where TRINITY is written in the bible. Yet, your ENTIRE belief system is based on the Trinity. shocked

what a fraudulent way of avoiding the real issue. Trinity is an english word that did not exist 2000 years ago . . . the concept it tries to explain is however present in the bible as plain as day. In the end you people are no better than the muuslims whom you condemn.

They go posting lengthy stories . . . ask them one cogent question on why and what they belief and they either run away accusing u of "attacks" or start bleating about irrelevant material. What has history got to do with the bible?

My entire belief syste, is based on the sacrifice on the cross. Without it trinity is useless. Its no use believing in "trinity" when u're not even saved in the first place.

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Jesus PAID IT ALL, all to Him i owe . . .
The bible says i am cleansed by the blood of the lamb shed on my behalf . . . Lady and co say they need to go to purgatory to "pay all that they owe". Best of luck in your mini hell fire.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by olabowale(m): 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2008
@Davidylan: Am smiling. I have a thread for proof of the prophethood of Muhammad (as). I hope you will contribute by asking good and thought provoking questions. I hope you will not be unreasonably malicious in your post and will stay on point. Thats how to find out the truth.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2008
When the Qu'ran can be proven without trying to prove other books as false, come back and try to convert me
When the Qu'ran can prove itself without standing upon the Bible (the book that it labels as corrupt), come back and try to convert me.
Until then, keep your opinion to yourself.

@lady
Well, the Qu'ran does not prove other books like the Torah or Gospel false. What the Qu'ran says is that the doctors of law have changed the word for another saying. And All'ah says they purchase error at the price of guidance so their commerce does not proper neither are they guided.
Is like the similitude of someone who buys the life of the world at the price of the hereafter/afterlife.
The Qu'ran is clear for those who see, but those who All'ah claim do not see its truthfulness, All'ah says He had sealed the hearing and their sight as well. So no matter what Muh'ammed says or those who belief in this man God Himself made noble says they will not believe.
Lady does the word or the way to the Ko'ran, does it not amaze you. Can any write with no contradictions and dexterity. Surely those who say Muh'ammed was schizopheric will not prosper, this is because instead of them opening their eyes to the truth they turn away seeking to cause confusion.

I must say the Inspirer of the Qu'ran is also the Inspirer of the Bible which they divide ignorantly to the old and new testament.It is only if you want to deceive yourselves. All'ah claims He sent Moses, Jesus, Abraham and alot of those righteous men in your scripture the message that they should enjoin righteousness unto humanity, and warn them of the consequuences if they do not. Have you seen any other false god like budha or ogun claiming such? I don't understand why some people will say All'ah is not God, that they are two different entities. To my judgement, they have divided who the Author to books are, and surely they will be held accountable!

All'ah treathens and no sane man will feel sercued in His warnings. Don't think men who devout their lives to Is'lam whether in speech,action or at the point of death are foolish! No, they're the ones God Himself loves, why not join that company? That is best for you if you did but know. Don't read the Qu'ran for errors because you will never find unless you are mistaken. Pray to God that He should reveal Himself to you. All your efforts to please Him will not be of waste. The main problem with many christians is that they blindly follow the principles of those whom God Himself cursed with Great Might

For example in the Qu'ran: God said: Who can be more wicked than one who invents a lie against All'ah, or says "I have received insipration"when he has received none, or (again) who say" I can reveal the like of what All'ah has revealed?" If you could but see how the wicked(do dare) in the flood of confusion at death! And the angels stretch forth their hands,(saying), "Yield up your souls:this day you shall recieve your reward- a penalty of shame, for that you used to tell lies against All'ah, and scornfully reject His signs"

Mu'hammed did not steal from the bible, neither will All'ah with Whom prescribed Mercy for Himself tell of other prophets  besides those sent before. He is God and trying to say no to that is indeed an evident sin! The sign of an ingrate. He grants all you want if it is His will so why not believe?, and believe you're formerly a Mus'lim only that you remember not. Therefore turn your face and prostate thyself unto Him(who created)
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 10:31am On Jun 22, 2008
Chapter 48 TUMULT AT NAIN

At that time the army of the Romans was in Judea, our country being subject to them for the sins of our forefathers. Now it was the custom of the Romans to call god and to worship him that did any new thing of benefit to the common people. And so [some] of these soldiers finding themselves in Nain, they rebuked now one, now another, saying: "One of your gods has visited you, and you make no account of it. Assuredly if our gods should visit us we would give them all

that we have. And you see how much we fear our gods, since to their images we give the best of all we have."

Satan did so instigate this manner of speaking that he aroused no small sedition among the people of Nain." But Jesus did not tarry in Nain, but turned to go into Capernaum. The discord of Nain was such that some said: "He is our God who has visited us"; others said: "God is invisible, so that none has seen him, not even Moses, his servant; therefore it is not God, but rather his son." Others said: "He is not God, nor son of God, for God has not a body to beget anything; but he is a great prophet of God." And so did Satan instigate that, in the third year of the prophetic ministry of Jesus, great ruin to our people was like to arise therefrom.

Jesus went into Capernaum: whereupon the citizens, when they knew him, assembled together all the sick folk they had, and placed them in front of the porch of the house where Jesus was lodging with his disciples. And having called Jesus forth, they besought him for the health of them. Then Jesus laid his hands upon each of them, saying: "God of Israel, by your holy name, give health to this sick person." Whereupon each one was healed. On the sabbath Jesus entered into the synagogue, and all the people ran there together to hear him speak.
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 10:34am On Jun 22, 2008
Chapter 49  JESUS PREACHETH AT CAPERNAUM

The scribe that day read the psalm of David, where says David: When I shall find a time, I will judge uprightly. Then, after the reading of the prophets, arose Jesus, and made sign of silence with his hands, and opening his mouth he spoke thus: "Brethren, you have heard the words spoken by David the prophet, our father, that when he should have found a time he would judge uprightly. I tell you in truth that many judge, in which judgment they fall for no other reason than

because they judge that which is not meet for them, and that which is meet for them they judge before the time. Wherefore the God of our fathers cries to us by his prophet David, saying: Justly judge, O sons of men.

Miserable therefore are those who set themselves at street corners, and do nothing but judge all those who pass by, saying: "That one is fair, this one is ugly, that one is good, this one is bad." Woe to them, because they lift the sceptre of his judgment from the hand of God, who says: "I am witness and judge, and my honour I will give to none.'" Truly I tell you that these testify of that which they have not seen nor really heard, and judge without having been constituted judges. Therefore are they abominable on the earth before the eyes of God, who will pass tremendous judgment upon them in the last day.

Woe to you, woe to you who speak good of the evil, and call the evil good, for you condemn as a malefactor God, who is the author of good, and justify as good Satan, who is the origin of all evil. Consider what punishment you shall have, and that it is horrible to fall into the judgment of God, which shall be then upon those who justify the wicked for money, and judge not the cause of the orphans and widows. Truly I say to you, that the devils shall tremble at the judgment of such, so terrible shall it be. You man who are set as a judge, regard no other thing; neither kinsfolk nor friends, neither honour nor gain, but look solely with fear of God to the truth, which you shall seek with greatest diligence, because it will secure you in the judgment of God. But I warn you that without mercy shall he be judged who judges without mercy".
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Lady2(f): 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2008
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him

Ok now I am trying to understand is this supposed to make Catholics cringe or what?
Is this supposed to say that we don't believe in faith?
You can't use our own beliefs to counter us, come up with something better?

Wow you just said what we've been trying to say all along.
Catholics don't make faith less important and we are not saying that works without faith is even anything. We are saying that works of the faith is what God is asking us for. What good will it be to tell me sister eat well and you provide me not with food. What am I supposed to eat well? my hands, my flesh? That's what God is talking about. Have faith in him, but honestly doing works in that faith is what he askes of us.

When walking to church you come across a beggar, what should you do? Walk past him and tell yourself all I need to do is have faith in God to get to heaven? Or give him some money to buy food or clothes and tell him about Christ and then head to church or beter yet, take him to church with you?
If you choose the first, then you have dead faith, if you choose the second then you have living faith.

- The catholic church is a bible-misquoting sect . . . (Mary worship, penance, purgatory).

Mary is not worshipped. Get to understand that. Repeating this only shows your lackof intellect. That after so many times of engaging Catholics you still think we worship Mary, I feel sorry for you.

Penance is not a misquote and neither is purgatory.
These two concepts did not even originate in the Church it has always been there even in the Old Testament. God did not re create the heavens, earth, and hell all over again. He didn't say well for this period of time I'll have hell and paradise in the same plane and then separate it later. He didn't start creation all over again.

Paul is evidently also speaking about the gospels, his own letters and that of the other apostles to the churches. So we cannot exclude the NT.

How could he when the NT as we know it didn't exist at that time? Did he know that his letter to Timothy will be counted as scripture? How did he know this? There were other letters written after that so how did he speak of those letters? Was Paul prophecying here?

Then how do you expect to find the word Purgatory or penance in the Bible. If you will denounce their concept, denounce the concept of Trinity. The Bible that you read is in english, stop reading it and pick up the Bible that has the original languages of each book of the Bible.

kindly tell us why NO ONE in the bible mentioned Mary as the "ark of the covenant".

Because it is not all about her. She does not want to take away her sons shine. It is not through her that we are saved. She is not God.
But she is called blessed and all nations will call her blessed.

Kindly tell us where the covenant was housed? Kindly tell us why No one mentioned the Trinity. Don't give me the concept crap, you can't accept on concept and deny the others.

Kindly show us where Paul and Peter preached about penance.

It has already been shown to you many many times. To do penance is to show evidence of repentance (John the Baptist already laid this out) To disregard this scripture you are saying that all scripture is not equal. Just because Peter and Paul did not say "penance" does not mean that they didn't preach it. There is a reason why penance was known and practiced by the early Christians, it is because it was preached, same thing with confession. Peter and Paul themselves did penance when they repented of their sins. Peter denied Christ three times, in showing repentance after Christ's resurrection he affirmed Christ three times. In doing penance you are showing repentance. It goes hand in hand. You don't just say Lord I am sorry, you show the Lord that you are truly sorry. God is not a fool.

Kindly tell me why purgatory also has a fire of torment if it isnt the same as hell.

There are firey torments on earth, does that mean that earth is hell?

Kindly tell me why confession is made to priests when the apostles of the bible CLEARLY talked about praying (not forgiving) for their brothers with faults.

The apostles need not say it. Christ himself already did when he breathed on the disciples and told them that whose sins they forgive is forgiven and whose sins they do not forgive is not forgiven. I honestly don't know what could be clearer than that.

Kindly tell us why your own special "Christ" asks you to PAY FOR YOUR SINS in purgatory when Jesus Christ went to the cross and claimed "it is finished".

This is your own misinterpretation of purgatory. You do not pray for your sins in purgatory, those living do that, that is why we are charged to pray for the dead. I already gave you Bible verses from the Old and New Testament that prove this clear as day.
I wonder why people pray for the dead. Why pray for them if they are going to be judged immediately and are going to either hell or heaven?

Yup you spoke of paradise. You even mentioned that there's hell, then paradise, then heaven. You gave an example of the thief on the cross and Jesus telling him that on that day he will be in paradise with him. So dear, if Paradise is different from heaven, where is Jesus? Heaven or paradise?

and please don't use imhotep's usual escape route - 'Sola scriptura'

Ahh you have truly offended me, when have you ever known me to run our of gas when it comes to defending my faith.

When have you ever known me to resort to Imhotep's way of proving things to you.

I still have more to say, adn I will be back. I would appreciate it if you wait until I finish responding to you before you comment
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 23, 2008
~Lady~:

Wow you just said what we've been trying to say all along.
Catholics don't make faith less important and we are not saying that works without faith is even anything. We are saying that works of the faith is what God is asking us for. What good will it be to tell me sister eat well and you provide me not with food. What am I supposed to eat well? my hands, my flesh? That's what God is talking about. Have faith in him, but honestly doing works in that faith is what he askes of us.

When walking to church you come across a beggar, what should you do? Walk past him and tell yourself all I need to do is have faith in God to get to heaven? Or give him some money to buy food or clothes and tell him about Christ and then head to church or beter yet, take him to church with you?
If you choose the first, then you have dead faith, if you choose the second then you have living faith.

You have it upside down. God is asking FIRST and MOST IMPORTANTLY for faith before you talk of works. Lazarus died a poor begger . . . where was his works? The thief on the cross . . . what works took him to paradise?

Works are not the ticket to eternity, it is simply an outward show of a regenerated heart. Its impossible for you to be saved and not show the fruits of the spirit which encompasses, showing love to your neighbors, sharing, comforting, ministering to the needs of others . . .
Re: The Gospel Of Barnabas(the True Forgotten Gospel) by Frizy(m): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2008
Chapter 50 CONCERNING JUDGEMENT 

Tell me, O man, you that judge another man, do you not know that all men had their origin in the same clay? Do you not know that none is good save God alone? wherefore every man is a liar and a sinner. Believe me man, that if you judge others of a fault your own heart has whereof to be judged. Oh, how dangerous it is to judge! oh, how many have perished by their false judgment! Satan judged man to be more vile than himself; therefore he rebelled against God, his creator: whereof he is impenitent, as I have knowledge by speaking with him. Our first parents judged the speech of Satan to be good, therefore they were cast out of paradise, and condemned all their progeny. Truly I say to you, as God lives in whose presence I stand, false judgment is the father of all sins. Forasmuch as none sins without will, and none wills that which he does not know. Woe, therefore, to the sinner who with the judgment judges sin worthy and goodness unworthy, who on that account rejects goodness and chooses sin. Assuredly he shall bear an intolerable punishment when God shall come to judge the world.

Oh, how many have perished through false judgment, and how many ha+ve been near to perishing! Pharaoh judged Moses and the people of Israel to be impious, Saul judged David to be worthy of death, Ahab judged Elijah, Nebuchadnezzar the three children who would not worship their lying gods. The two elders judged Susanna, and all the idolatrous princes judged the prophets. Oh, tremendous judgment of God! the judge perishes, the judged is saved. And wherefore this, O man, if not because [in] rashness they falsely judge the innocent?

How nearly then the good approached to ruin by judging falsely, is shown by the brethren of Joseph, who sold him to the Egyptians, by Aaron and Miriam, sister of Moses, who judged their brother. Three friends of Job ;judged the innocent friend of God, Job. David judged Mephibosheth and Uriah. Cyrus judged Daniel to be meat for the lions; and many others, the which were near to their ruin for this. Therefore I say to you, Judge not and you shall not be judged."

And then, Jesus having finished his speech, many forthwith were converted to repentance, bewailing their sins; and they would fain have forsaken all to go with him. But Jesus said: "Remain in your homes, and forsake sin and serve God with fear, and thus shall you be saved; because I am not come to receive service, but rather to serve." And having said thus, he went out of the synagogue and the city, and retired into the desert to pray, because he loved solitude greatly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Pastor Iginla's Father's Burial: Fayose, Ngozi Ezeonu, Francis Duru Attend / Christian Woman Trying To Cast & Bind A Traditionalist On A Busy Road / Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.