Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,491 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198678 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2023
ChristineC:
hello house
is this part (covers the A/C air filter from under the hood in a G35) supposed to be open?

Yes
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2023
aieromon:
Yes
how do you deal when water is always getting in when it rains?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
ChristineC:

Take a picture of your windshield cowl, then remove the cowl and battery cover and take a picture of the Air Inlet Vent. Post it here, I'd advise accordingly.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Itsrm(m): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2023
ChristineC:

Seal where the water is dripping from. When I had the issue, water was entering from the black plastic on the windshield. I had to seal it.

I don't know if the G35 has the same design but in the G37, you have to lift that plastic to remove the battery.

If you don't seal it back, water will drip into the car and can damage your blower motor.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2023
kingreign:

Take a picture of your windshield cowl, then remove the cowl and battery cover and take a picture of the Air Inlet Vent. Post it here, I'd advise accordingly.
ok I'll request it
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 4:13pm On Sep 10, 2023
ChristineC:

I've never experienced this. The windshield cowl is supposed to channel the water away from the firewall. My guess is that the drainage is blocked with dirt and dead leaves.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2023
kingreign:

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2023
[quote author=ChristineC post=125704568][/quote]

There is suppose to be a black thin strip of plastic lining the upper portion of your cowl, I can't see it in the picture
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2023
Itsrm:
Seal where the water is dripping from. When I had the issue, water was entering from the black plastic on the windshield. I had to seal it.

I don't know if the G35 has the same design but in the G37, you have to lift that plastic to remove the battery.

If you don't seal it back, water will drip into the car and can damage your blower motor.
hmmm the design seem unpractical. it seem the cowl part was designed to always be sealed with each battery swap.
what if it's covered to some extent with cellophane?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2023
kingreign:
There is suppose to be a black thin strip of plastic lining the upper portion of your cowl, I can't see it in the picture
ok it must have been misplaced. thank you.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2023
ChristineC:

ok it must have been misplaced. thank you.

That is actually the weather/water seal. Have it replaced pls, your IDPM E/R sits close to that battery bay.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2023
aieromon:

I've never experienced this. The windshield cowl is supposed to channel the water away from the firewall. My guess is that the drainage is blocked with dirt and dead leaves.
it would appear something is missing like a poster pointed out.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2023
kingreign:

That is actually the weather/water seal. Have it replaced pls, your IDPM E/R sits close to that battery bay.
what is IDPM E/R please?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Itsrm(m): 4:29pm On Sep 10, 2023
ChristineC:

hmmm the design seem unpractical. it seem the cowl part was designed to always be sealed with each battery swap.
what if it's covered to some extent with cellophane?

I don't know what Nissan was thinking. It was a senseless design. You have to seal it everytime you remove the battery.

The cellophane should work as a stopgap. What I would do is run a paper tape across it and cover the paper tape with original black abro tape.

And as Kingreign noted, towards your left, there should be a small black plastic between the A pillar and the windscreen. It's usually two. One on each side of the vehicle. If missing, you have to find a way to run the tapes across that space as well.

You're even fortunate to have caught it on time, in my own case, the water leaked inside and damaged the BCM.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Itsrm(m): 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2023
ChristineC:
what is IDPM E/R please?

Just a fancy name for fuse box
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 4:35pm On Sep 10, 2023
ChristineC:
what is IDPM E/R please?

Mind me not, it's IPDM E/R. It's an abbreviated word from the phrase 'Intelligent Power Distribution Module Engine/Room'
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2023
Itsrm:

Just a fancy name for fuse box

It's not just a fancy name for fuse box sir, and it's not just a fusebox. It's more like a SAM in Mercedes.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2023
Itsrm:

I don't know what Nissan was thinking. It was a senseless design.

The cellophane should work as a stopgap. What I would do is run a paper tape across it and cover the paper tape with original black abro tape.

And as Kingreign noted, towards your left, there should be a small black plastic between the A pillar and the windscreen. It's usually two. One on each side of the vehicle. If missing, you have to find a way to run the tapes across that space as well.

You're even fortunate to have caught it on time, in my own case, the water leaked inside and damaged the BCM.
thanks I will try to find a permanent solution. I haven't really noticed it ever.
the vehicle is usually parked under a shade and I'm not around.
someone parked it outside for some days and noticed the water dropping seriously from the passenger side and a soaked under carpet.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Itsrm(m): 4:44pm On Sep 10, 2023
kingreign:

It's not just a fancy name for fuse box sir, and it's not just a fusebox. It's more like a SAM in Mercedes.

What do I know cheesy
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by aieromon(m): 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2023
ChristineC:

it would appear something is missing like a poster pointed out.

The setup looks fine. I can see the black rubber strip ontop the cowl.

ChristineC:
thanks I will try to find a permanent solution. I haven't really noticed it ever.
someone parked it outside for some days and noticed the water dropping seriously from the passenger side and a soaked under carpet.

If by shade, you mean under a tree, please check for firewall drainage block.
Also check for a sunroof drainage block because the leak is dangerously close to the BCM.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2023
ChristineC:

For the water dripping into the carpet, I strongly believe it's your sunroof drain.

There are very well documented reports and repairs on these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngg0cTiqw1s?si=EEb8e6AABE9sTrax
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2023
aieromon:
The setup looks fine. I can see the black rubber strip ontop the cowl.

If by shade, you mean under a tree, please check for firewall drainage block.
Also check for a sunroof drainage block because the leak is dangerously close to the BCM.
it is usually parked in a garage actually.
the battery was replaced and the cowl left unsealed. maybe sealing it up again with something like the windshield gum will do the job.
although looking at it closely, the design is really crazy grin

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2023
kingreign:
For the water dripping into the carpet, I strongly believe it's your sunroof drain.

not really. it was tested and it drains easily without getting in the car.
however, splashing water on the windshield with every cover in place gives a different result - droplets from behind the glove compartment.

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2023
ChristineC:

it is usually parked in a garage actually.
the battery was replaced and the cowl left unsealed. maybe sealing it up again with something like the windshield gum will do the job.
although looking at it closely, the design is really crazy grin

Mine has the strip and it's 3 years old in my possession and still holding up well
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by cooldudeng(m): 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2023
kingreign:

Stop on! I had a similar issue, and it was a clog in the sunroof drain.

Please, is there a reliable Auto electrician you can recommend in Lagos? I have the annoying P0011 code. I've changed the Solenloid in bank one, but the issue persists. Before moving into the cam and crankshaft sensors, I would love for a reliable auto electrician to test the wires. It's not an oil issue as I've done an oil change in recent times.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Itsrm(m): 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2023
cooldudeng:

Please, is there a reliable Auto electrician you can recommend in Lagos? I have the annoying P0011 code. I've changed the Solenloid in bank one, but the issue persists. Before moving into the cam and crankshaft sensors, I would love for a reliable auto electrician to test the wires. It's not an oil issue as I've done an oil change in recent times.

Could be gallery gasket.

What vehicle and model is this? What you should have done is swap the solenoid before you changed it. If the code changes from P0011 to P0021 you know its the Solenoid.

PS: Where did you get the solenoid? Is it new or used?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2023
cooldudeng:

No I don't have any reliable auto electrician I can recommend in Lagos.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by cooldudeng(m): 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2023
Itsrm:

Could be gallery gasket.

What vehicle and model is this? What you should have done is swap the solenoid before you changed it. If the code changes from P0011 to P0021 you know its the Solenoid.

PS: Where did you get the solenoid? Is it new or used?

Thanks! That was the brief to him. Unfortunately, he was too quick to change. Hence, my reason for wanting to change him since he’s too big to follow guidance and he’s now sounding like a Kazeem. TBH, I suspect it could be a possibility going my YouTube videos @ gallery basket. However, I just want all the wires checked first.

It’s a G37 coupe 2010. The solenoid is a new one.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Itsrm(m): 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2023
cooldudeng:

Thanks! That was the brief to him. Unfortunately, he was too quick to change. Hence, my reason for wanting to change him since he’s too big to follow guidance and he’s now sounding like a Kazeem. TBH, I suspect it could be a possibility going my YouTube videos @ gallery basket. However, I just want all the wires checked first.

It’s a G37 coupe 2010. The solenoid is a new one.

Does the vehicle go into limp mode especially when you drive hard?

Since you have ruled out VVT solenoid, it's either your camshaft position sensor, Gallery gasket or VVT sprocket.

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with wires but I may be wrong.

Maybe gazz.uzz can help you narrow it down. You can check with him.

Can you link me up with where you got your VVT solenoid?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:08am On Sep 17, 2023
Hello guys,planning to get an infinix fx35 very soon.i have done a lot of research about the car.please who uses it here or has experience with it can shed some light about it .thanks.i also want to know how much for the servicing.Fuel consumption is not my problem.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jceesquare(m): 4:43am On Sep 17, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
Hello guys,planning to get an infinix fx35 very soon.i have done a lot of research about the car.please who uses it here or has experience with it can shed some light about it .thanks.i also want to know how much for the servicing. Fuel consumption is not my problem.
It's a nice car with a good reliable engine with it's own well documented issues that if addressed early would serve you well
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 5:55am On Sep 17, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
Hello guys,planning to get an infinix fx35 very soon.i have done a lot of research about the car.please who uses it here or has experience with it can shed some light about it .thanks.i also want to know how much for the servicing.Fuel consumption is not my problem.

Are you going for the First gen or second gen FX?

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.