Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,911 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (180681 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
is that what u did ?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 10:26am On Dec 17, 2013
here's something I did for fun[url][/url][url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg9JirTwm78
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
Shimish:
I prefer not using quick effects. I rather use the main fluid simulator. make ur default cube the domain, make an icosphere your fluid and make the cup an obstacle
Thanks a lot.....do you know the easiest way to unparent a mesh?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
Tos87:
Thanks a lot.....do you know the easiest way to unparent a mesh?

alt P
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
Shimish: is that what u did ?
Yah exactly.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2013
Shimish:

alt P
I thiought that's for parenting?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
Tos87:
I thiought that's for parenting?

parenting is ctr P.
alt plus r, g,s, h, t, I, p etc will cancel the effect of that button
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
Shimish:

parenting is ctr P.
alt plus r, g,s, h, t, I, p etc will cancel the effect of that button
Thanks bro....glad to av you around.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
@Shimish.....i think node composting is the koko for blender,...you can achieve a lot with it./but learning it is cumbersome i must confess. and blender guru has the complete tutorials wit prize tags on it. making it difficult for people like us to get it.i cant say how good you are on node editing but if you can give me some guild lines on the steps and the things to have in mind before using the node editor...only if you can.Thanks
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
node-compositing is basically photoshop-made-easy. You can use the filters to achieve effects like depth-of-field, use the color nodes for color corrections, distortions for camera movements (zoom, rotate...), and you can seperate elements to various layers so you can make slight changes later on on selected layers only, thereby saving time.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2013
Tos87: @Shimish.....i think node composting is the koko for blender,...you can achieve a lot with it./but learning it is cumbersome i must confess. and blender guru has the complete tutorials wit prize tags on it. making it difficult for people like us to get it.i cant say how good you are on node editing but if you can give me some guild lines on the steps and the things to have in mind before using the node editor...only if you can.Thanks

Slow down. yeah nodes are very good to work with. I can't do with them. however it is a very broad field ranging from rendering, chroma key, colour correction, compositing, material and textures, depth of field, masking, etc. would be easier if u showed me what u r trying to achieve so that I can put u through. that way, u will understand the logic.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
ladanski: node-compositing is basically photoshop-made-easy. You can use the filters to achieve effects like depth-of-field, use the color nodes for color corrections, distortions for camera movements (zoom, rotate...), and you can seperate elements to various layers so you can make slight changes later on on selected layers only, thereby saving time.
Thanks Lan....what can you say on filter,vector and converter.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
Shimish:

Slow down. yeah nodes are very good to work with. I can't do with them. however it is a very broad field ranging from rendering, chroma key, colour correction, compositing, material and textures, depth of field, masking, etc. would be easier if u showed me what u r trying to achieve so that I can put u through. that way, u will understand the logic.
Slow down grin ...though am not in a rush, but I wish I av achieved much on blender base on its manipulation things.anyway i av being using node to add glitter on a mesh also glare and bluring too.just a minor practise. But is there a basic principle?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 3:59am On Dec 22, 2013
I've got this book "node encyclopedia" its about 2.5mb, I can email it to you if u like. I've also got Andrew Price's "wow factor" which describes in detail how to achieve a wide range of effects using nodes. unfortunately its close to 60mb and I lack the bandwidth to upload something that large sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 4:03am On Dec 22, 2013
but hope ain't lost. I could sort out the pages which have connections to what u want to achieve, extract them and send to you. how does that sound?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
Shimish: I've got this book "node encyclopedia" its about 2.5mb, I can email it to you if u like. I've also got Andrew Price's "wow factor" which describes in detail how to achieve a wide range of effects using nodes. unfortunately its close to 60mb and I lack the bandwidth to upload something that large sad
Pls I like,here is my email..tochiokeke10@gmail.com. Then for the wow factor do u know how I can get it as it can't be sent ? Thanks
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Tos87:
Pls I like,here is my email..tochiokeke10@gmail.com. Then for the wow factor do u know how I can get it as it can't be sent ? Thanks

check ur mail.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
Shimish:

check ur mail.
I did see itn...pls resend.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 2:54am On Dec 23, 2013
Tos87:
I did see itn...pls resend.
check again or give me another address
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 1:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
Shimish:
check again or give me another address
Thanks....saw it in spam.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by jjk24(m): 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
Me 2 @ shimish... Aa dey beg ni johnlisa544@yahoo.com
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 7:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
@jjk24 check ur mail. sent it in 2 mail from me.
@ Toss same with u. I sent it in 2 mails
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 24, 2013
Here is a short animated video I made recently in blender.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shGXzYVETBk

3 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
ladanski: Here is a short animated video I made recently in blender.
very nice, I really like it. I bet it will go well with a music score in the background. what do you think?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
definitely. I would have added other stuff too, (like cars in the city, people, perhaps, and even trees in the final scene but I'm working on something else at the moment. This is for a competition hosted by the user, Royver. Thanks, Shimish
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
ladanski: definitely. I would have added other stuff too, (like cars in the city, people, perhaps, and even trees in the final scene but I'm working on something else at the moment. This is for a competition hosted by the user, Royver. Thanks, Shimish
Nice work Lad...though I haven't watch it..but I do know is smthing cool. Weldone..keep the blender world alive.
I need you and Shimish to speak ur mind on this.."Is seems to me that we have few blender artist than it is in maya n 3dmax regarding profesionalism...do you know the reason .like places were people pay to learn animation, they tutor them on maya.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
@Tos87, Most people believe that the more "expensive" the better your work but most forget that the most powerful tool in the hands of an amateur is as useless as can be. Maya, 3DS max and Cinema 4D are pretty popular and for very good reason too. Theyve been around for quite a while and most veteran artists in the CG industry use them. Blender, on the other hand, is open source and a freeware. People think that because the size is small (still less than 100MB), it has little to offer. The fan base for blender is growing, and so are artists who offer awesome tutorials such as Andrew Price. Problem is most people I know just stick to modelling. They learn to model and stop there. I am venturing beyond that. Maybe I'll even go past animations and develop games within blender cheesy
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
well, Maya and max have been here for a while, and most people here are in a hurry to become rich and famous in animation thus not everyone is willing to risk spending time experimenting with unchartered waters like blender. what they fail to realize is that there is a limited supply of training materials for them unlike blender. as a result there is a bottle neck effect as in only the few that are able to afford professional tutoring or materials are able to swim above the rest. that is y you will notice that most Nigerian animations are confined to a similar style and level.
anyway, this is my opinion and not a conclusive fact.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
Shimish: well, Maya and max have been here for a while, and most people here are in a hurry to become rich and famous in animation thus not everyone is willing to risk spending time experimenting with unchartered waters like blender. what they fail to realize is that there is a limited supply of training materials for them unlike blender. as a result there is a bottle neck effect as in only the few that are able to afford professional tutoring or materials are able to swim above the rest. that is y you will notice that most Nigerian animations are confined to a similar style and level.
anyway, this is my opinion and not a conclusive fact.
Pls you guys answered awsomely...am kind of addicted to blender. And am not moving an inch....thanks ...these are brillient answers.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 8:58pm On Dec 24, 2013
Guys Pls smthing is kind of proofing difficult here....any idea on how to easily backgroud a character image on blender to model ?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
on the viewport, press "N". It will bring up a panel on the right side of the viewport. Scroll down to where you see "Background Image". Tick it and select image source
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
ladanski: on the viewport, press "N". It will bring up a panel on the right side of the viewport. Scroll down to where you see "Background Image". Tick it and select image source
Ok. Good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.