Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (181284 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by losprince(m): 11:23am On Jul 30, 2014
Preboy:
literature I get, graphics? I don't... you're into game making or what?
I love art, am not into game making, at least not yet...
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
losprince: I love art, am not into game making, at least not yet...
so you planning to go into game making someday?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by losprince(m): 2:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
Preboy:
so you planning to go into game making someday?
grin grin definitely
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 12:15pm On Aug 04, 2014
I want to beleive this thread stil stands its purpose hence the help i seek...pls shimish ,lad and others help me out. I guess u know about the Lava man stuff cos am in it too guys...pls i do want to kno how u can get that hand usin blender. I just cant get my hands on it yet. Pls do say smthing.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 7:27am On Aug 11, 2014
almost four months into blender, here is what I have achieved so far, this took me 3 and half days, done in blender 2.71. thank God for the achievements so far

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 11, 2014
Nice use of cycles. Really nice. You could add more samples but that would consume a lot of cpu power.Did you follow Andrew Price's tutorials on rendering donuts?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 11:14am On Aug 11, 2014
ladanski: Nice use of cycles. Really nice. You could add more samples but that would consume a lot of cpu power.Did you follow Andrew Price's tutorials on rendering donuts?

yeah I know, i just use that amount of samples for quick preview, yeah I once watch his tutorial I mean Andrew tutorial on "introduction to cycles", where he explain how to create a donut under one minutes.but he didnt actually model it. I followed the instruction he gave. (which is by adding a tonus and another tonus above, then you will use the fluid simulator to drop the tonus above on the one below. and then you will use particle system to add some sprinkles on it).
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Calle: 11:52pm On Aug 11, 2014
hi guys, nice work you guys been doing so far. I will like to know if there's a bbm group for blender users and if there's none, then let's have one created, and if there's one, please add me up 74A15782. Right now I have a forum on bbm but its hard recruiting people into it. keep up the bad work!
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:00am On Aug 12, 2014
plz in need of ebooks, using v2.63
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 12, 2014
@yinskey.....Really nice...
How did you make that faucet and its material?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
@ kazuna thanks, that faucet is quite tricky, i used a mixed shader, with glossy shader as shader 1 with a FAC value of 0.707, Beckmann type, color: white, roughness:0.000 and diffuse shader as shader 2: with color:black, roughness:0.036 normal:default. you can still experiment with the setting to get better result, it took me a while to get it though, and proper lighting could help a lot. the modeling is quite easy: I used a curve modifier to bend a cylinder , I also used the screw modifier to create the spring using a circle mesh. the screw modifier can be very trick since the circle will be twisted around the origin (that orange dot). so it should be beside the circle.

the circle.should be create in the front view and the "align to view " checkbox should be checked. then you will use the curve modifier to bend it, I tried to use the 'simple deform' modifier its a crashing failure. thats the trick.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by prof800(m): 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
@Yinksey, nice works.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
prof800: @Yinksey, nice works.
thanks.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by prof800(m): 1:43am On Aug 13, 2014
Yinksey:
thanks.
Welcome.

btw, where have you been siiince?
Have you seen this thread? www.nairaland.com/1821291/3d-modelling-challenge-lava-man

There is an ongoing challenge (LAVA MAN). Please do register your support.

Maybe you might want to participate in the forthcoming animation challenge. undecided

Also;
There was a quirky little chat here too before the challenge. www.nairaland.com/1795420/where-3d-animators-cg-artist
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2014
yeah, i was aware of those threads, I would have really liked to join, I dont really have the time now, maybe feature challenges shaa. but I do follow those thread silently.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
Watch "Ideatrophy 2014" on YouTube - Ideatrophy 2014:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ns_9A-9pM
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 15, 2014
Does anyone know to combine cycles with Blender internal.......I crave Cycles photorealism but its so hard using it for animation.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 12:15am On Aug 24, 2014
in fact you can do a lot with the array modifier, here is my result from Andrew price tutorial.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by CODEEATER(m): 7:51am On Aug 24, 2014
Finally got a decent system for CG... Have 3ds max 2014,zbrush,c4d,and blender installed...

Dnt knw which to start wit undecided
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 9:22am On Aug 24, 2014
CODEEATER: Finally got a decent system for CG... Have 3ds max 2014,zbrush,c4d,and blender installed...

Dnt knw which to start wit undecided

blender is good for a start, it quite easy to learn seriously.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Peterwizzy: 12:27am On Aug 25, 2014
Okay i will be downloading blender tomorrow,,, let me join the queue smiley,,
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
Peterwizzy: Okay i will be downloading blender tomorrow,,, let me join the queue smiley,,
Join the traiiiinnnnnnn.....join blender......think blender is particularly good for animation and camera trackin.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 7:34am On Aug 27, 2014
Peterwizzy: Okay i will be downloading blender tomorrow,,, let me join the queue smiley,,

that's a great step, blender is awesome as a freeware.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Peterwizzy: 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
kazuna:
Join the traiiiinnnnnnn.....join blender......think blender is particularly good for animation and camera trackin.
im lost o,,, i don't know where to start from,the interface na e i dey look like mumu lol but how do i start? recommend me tutorials
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Peterwizzy: im lost o,,, i don't know where to start from,the interface na e i dey look like mumu lol but how do i start? recommend me tutorials
na the same thing wey I don ask tire, nobody gree answer me... na so blender just dey ma PC dey look me

I dey plan to get the PDF format of blenderwiki
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by rodmann(m): 4:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hi everyone, i just stumbled on this thread,and its great to know there is some kind of blender community here.I recently downloaded blender and its been mad fun ever since, though its not been easy finding the time to really follow through on my mini projects. I see a whole lot of great 3d modelling going on here but noticed that there are very few "FREE" tutorials/ guides on 3D animation here or any where else on the internet.
Please can anyone point me in the right direction, any tips will be very helpful. Also thought I would contribute to the thread by sharing my very first renders...very amateur stuff though. grin. Comments and criticisms are very welcome...

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
rodmann: Hi everyone, i just stumbled on this thread,and its great to know there is some kind of blender community here.I recently downloaded blender and its been mad fun ever since, though its not been easy finding the time to really follow through on my mini projects. I see a whole lot of great 3d modelling going on here but noticed that there are very few "FREE" tutorials/ guides on 3D animation here or any where else on the internet.
Please can anyone point me in the right direction, any tips will be very helpful. Also thought I would contribute to the thread by sharing my very first renders...very amateur stuff though. grin. Comments and criticisms are very welcome...
like the character....guess is rigged. you good wink
work on your lighting...follow Andrew Price video tutorial on three point lighting. it will help.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
Preboy:
na the same thing wey I don ask tire, nobody gree answer me... na so blender just dey ma PC dey look me

I dey plan to get the PDF format of blenderwiki

that happened to me, when I first downloaded blender. but after reading this eBook in screenshot below, I was able to do some stuff and it really helped me alot,

1 Share

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 7:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
WWW.blenderguru.com is good place to learn a lot off cool stuffs that guy called Andrew price is really good,

WWW.blendercookie.com is another place.

WWW.blenderartist.com is another great community
and above all YouTube.com just look for these channels, blenderguru, blenderpedia, blenderhd, blendercookie, blenderdiplom, cgcookie.

you can also search for these guys "sardi pax, alimarango, Andrew price(blenderguru)" on YouTube.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yinksey:

that happened to me, when I first downloaded blender. but after reading this eBook in screenshot below, I was able to do some stuff and it really helped me alot,
thanks a lot bro, bt it seems to be for blender 2.5... I need eBook(s) that supports 2.60+
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
Preboy:
thanks a lot bro, bt it seems to be for blender 2.5... I need eBook(s) that supports 2.60+

yeah, but it does not really matter , this the ebook that got me started and I am using blender 2.70 by then, now 2.71.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
Yinksey:

yeah, but it does not really matter , this the ebook that got me started and I am using blender 2.70 by then, now 2.71.
kul, one last thing tho... does it have illustrations ? I think illustrations would help a lot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.