Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,821 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (181288 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 3:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2014
Tos87:
Ok......I am working with a uV sphere in blender render,...I had to click ctrl D(duplicate) into seven. But I want to use diff colour material on each of them but when I do that, they all will have the same colour. NB am working with Blender render for this practice. I did what Lad said but I still got same result. Maybe I didn't get him well. Therefore, am asking.."How can I add diff colour material on a mesh that is multiple but the same when working with Brender render?
oh! now I understand. there are 2 methods.
1. select the mesh, click the minus sign on the material panel to delete the material and add a new one
2.select the mesh, click the plus sign on the attached image. this converts your material into a separate duplicate material which can be edited independently.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 10:00am On Jan 03, 2014
Thanks Shimish.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
Lad how did you get to create the butter fly wings?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
I used a plane, reshaped it a little after subdividing it, then UV unwrapped it. I then exported the UV map to Gimp to create the patterns. I googled "Monarch butterfly" to get an idea of a monarch butterfly's wing pattern.

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by losprince(m): 11:28am On Jun 29, 2014
look! what seun did to this thread
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by jjk24(m): 5:38pm On Jul 03, 2014
Haa mogbe see where we r..
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by dorange(m): 5:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
Am a newbie to blender....check out my first work https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=839974746031685&id=100000575012876&refid=48

need help on hw to model characters and also on hw to use modifiers.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by ncpat(m): 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2014
just to let you guys know that tenten blender forums is back and you can post your art work and share it with friends across all social network like facebook, twitter, google+, and many more with a click of a button. @Amhatu let me know when you are in to enable your admin rights. thanks all.

CLICK HERE

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 6:56pm On Jul 06, 2014
Where are we all hiding? undecided undecided

Well... let me break the ice a bit grin. Before the NairaLand problem, I was working on a human body (slightly anatomically correct wink ) it was more of an exercise that helped me see were I'm still lacking in human body modeling. To be honest I realized how bad I was in making the human foot especially the toe undecided undecided undecided . But I'm glad I realized that so that I can make necessary corrections (to my head grin). Below is figure in different directions, each image contains the base mesh which is at the left, the Sculpted mesh in the middle and the retopo'd mesh ( or the mesh whose topology has been reworked). I tried to get the retopo'd mesh to have as few number of polygons as possible arriving at 3510 vertices and 6972 tris ( embarassed embarassed embarassed I was actually targeting 5000 tris). I had to divide the model into body, arm and leg to enable me sculpt comfortably

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
Please don't mind the six packs grin it was for a reason... here is the wireframe of both the base mesh and the retopo'd mesh

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by prof800(m): 7:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
jjk24: Haa mogbe see where we r..
grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hi everyone. Been a while. Nairaland broke my heart, but thanks to you loyal one who have still been posting on the thread to keep it alive, ive decided to get back on the horse. As it turns out, I have finally started animating my film. Still rendering the first scene, so just decided to show a little bicycle riding cycle I did for one scene. What do u think?
[url][/url][url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOTL2j7DnyE
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 7:58am On Jul 08, 2014
@shimish that's a nice animation, but the eyes are not blinking. that should make it look more realistic
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by OKX(m): 9:32am On Jul 08, 2014
@yinksey
yeah. I think he is creating a generic clip for the cycle that he can use to build several different actions, hence the absence of facial animation.
I think tho.....
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 10:15am On Jul 08, 2014
OKX: @yinksey
yeah. I think he is creating a generic clip for the cycle that he can use to build several different actions, hence the absence of facial animation.
I think tho.....
you hit the nail on the head. it's just a 3 second cycle template. for speed check and timing, the entire scene is meant to be about 15 to 20 seconds. there will be plenty of time to add other secondary movements within
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2014
@shimish you have done great works with blender reading through this thread, looking forward to be like you soon.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2014
Shimish:
you hit the nail on the head. it's just a 3 second cycle template. for speed check and timing, the entire scene is meant to be about 15 to 20 seconds. there will be plenty of time to add other secondary movements within

Nice one shimish
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 11:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
as a beginner in blender this is what I have achieved so far, what do you think guys.

2 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 4:47am On Jul 09, 2014
@ Toss87 thanks
@ Yinksey thanks for the comment. your scene is really lovely. did u render with cycles or Internal render?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 6:34am On Jul 09, 2014
@shimish thank you very much, I used cycles.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 6:50am On Jul 09, 2014
Yinksey: @shimish thank you very much, I used cycles.
nice. I'm sure it may sound strange/funny when I say this, but do you know that I do not know how to use cycles!
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 7:08am On Jul 09, 2014
@shimish its hard to believe though. there many tutorials on introduction to cycles. cycles is the future of blender, its still actively in development, did you even know that blender internal render has been discontinued (I mean its development) but its still included in blender.

here is another doughnut scene I rendered with cycles

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by losprince(m): 10:01am On Jul 09, 2014
@ yinksey you can do this? and y say u are beginner? abeg no dey whine us...

@guru shimish even though u use circle or not ur works are still cool but since circles is the future of blender I suggest u learn it o.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 09, 2014
Yinksey: @shimish its hard to believe though. there many tutorials on introduction to cycles. cycles is the future of blender, its still actively in development, did you even know that blender internal render has been discontinued (I mean its development) but its still included in blender.

here is another doughnut scene I rendered with cycles
I love Doughnuts....love doughnuts.......hmmmmm....
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 10:48am On Jul 09, 2014
losprince: @ yinksey you can do this? and y say u are beginner? abeg no dey whine us...

@guru shimish even though u use circle or not ur works are still cool but since circles is the future of blender I suggest u learn it o.

to be sincere am a beginner in blender I started learning it just about 2 months ago, although I once used 3dsmax but not good at it.
have been following this thread since then, but I decided not to post anything until i now. and I was inspired by things you guys have been posting before naira land illness which has taken away so important stuff from this thread.

and about cycles. its the future of blender, it result are just too realistic.t
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
the thing with cycles it that it is tailored towards photo realistic renders, which I only do once in a while. I decided to stick to internal because its more flexible for me.
also I learned (not 100% certain) from a cousin of mine that the main brain behind cycles has left blender for another job he got
also, I've been building my personal library of custom made materials and textures and assets/props since I began in 2007 as a result, switching will mean retexturing everything I've ever done, and discarding all my custom mad material. soooooooo not really something I'm looking forward to.
for example, the current interface of blender is based on the 2.50 series. I started with 2.45 which was entirely different. switching to this new interface felt like learning blender all over again. in fact there r some changes that I still haven't figured out yet. so u guys just joining blender now r soooo damn lucky. sometimes I even envy u people cheesy
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
Brecht Van Lommel, the primary
developer for Cycles, has left Blender to
work for Solid Angle (Arnold Renderer).

“Facts are, Cycles development will continue.
Sergey will tackle bigger projects there. We
also have Campbell, Dalai, Bastien, Lukas,
Antony etc. + 7 students who are being paid
by Google (Summer of Code).
Brecht is of course a loss, but we are happy
for him and confident about Cycles future.
Also Brecht is still available, when we have
questions. He just cannot code for Cycles
anymore. smiley

and that's true retexturing is not easy! anyway
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by losprince(m): 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yinksey:

to be sincere am a beginner in blender I started learning it just about 2 months ago, although I once used 3dsmax but not good at it.
have been following this thread since then, but I decided not to post anything until i now. and I was inspired by things you guys have been posting before naira land illness which has taken away so important stuff from this thread.

and about cycles. its the future of blender, it result are just too realistic.t
2 months ago? cool... can u animate already?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
nice work guys...the truth about this whole thing is that bis a big morale booster for we new newbies for blender3d...pls keep the post coming.
@shimish...i seriously understand you.
the first is a work i did for blender guru photo realism competition...just to see how good i can go with sure thing in mind . then the second is just ma first render of interior decor all with cycles render. all na practice ohh....i know it not all that superb but i will get there.
#gunning for improvement.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Yinksey(m): 11:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
@Losprince I can only do basic animation now, looking forward to be good at it
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by OKX(m): 7:16am On Jul 10, 2014
@tos
looking good.
when assembling interior scenes on the fly, a technique that helps me with the relative proportions of the different scene elements, is to create a primitive (usually a scaled cube) that represents the average height of a person.

that way, all the models have believable sizes relative to each other.
look around and observe the different size ratios between, say, people and chairs/ cupboards/windows/curtains etc.

good going.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.