Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS (14863 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / President Jonathan Dancing Orezi's Shoki Last Night At Eko Hotel, Lagos / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by anonimi: 11:55am On Jun 12, 2013
kulyie: is anybody payimg him to criticize fashola's work.have you ever heard the yoruba addage that says it is easy to cook vegetable with your mouth than actually prepare it.if he feels lagos is that easy to govern or administer,let fashola finish his term and let him contest na.if he satisfies all the conditions,he will be allowd to contest.lets see whether he will perform better than fashola and if not he can go to his home town to join a political party,wait for your turn and contest

I wonder what you have to say about management consultants who come in and advise companies how to do better without actually working in the company?

Make I leave priests and marriage for now!
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by omonnakoda: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2013
ridlaw: A large amount of Carbon 4oxide (co2) is been released by the usage of kerosene, using LPG reduces the amount of co2 release into the environment n in turns reduces the effect of global warming and climate change.
Where is the evidence for this claim give us the data
how many units of kerosene compared to LPG are required to produce I joule of energy and and how many units of CO2 are released in the process.
Secondly The claim about global warming is theoretical and speculative but let us leave that and deal with th the first claim
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by ridlaw(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
omonnakoda: Where is the evidence for this claim give us the data
how many units of kerosene compared to LPG are required to produce I joule of energy and and how many units of CO2 are released in the process.
Secondly The claim about global warming is theoretical and speculative but let us leave that and deal with th the first claim
I laugh at ur ignorance, its obvious many pple just come on nairaland to hate on some people's achievement when they are obvious. To ur questions;
(1) click on the link www.engineeringtoolbox.com/co2-emission-fuels-d_1085.html to see the list of fuels and the amount of co2 released.
(2) u r totally wrong with d second claim too.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by omonnakoda: 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
ridlaw:
I laugh at ur ignorance, its obvious many pple just come on nairaland to hate on some people's achievement when they are obvious. To ur questions;
(1) click on the link www.engineeringtoolbox.com/co2-emission-fuels-d_1085.html to see the list of fuels and the amount of co2 released.
(2) u r totally wrong with d second claim too.
You laugh at my ignorance? I am proud of my ignorance.When I do not know I ask questions.I ask you questions and all you can do is laugh? It is funny gaan!!!!! You made a claim and I ask you to back it up where is the "hating on people's achievements" Hating on who exactly ? You? what achievement? and why would I hate? are you ok?
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by ridlaw(m): 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
omonnakoda:
You laugh at my ignorance? I am proud of my ignorance.When I do not know I ask questions.I ask you questions and all you can do is laugh? It is funny gaan!!!!! You made a claim and I ask you to back it up where is the "hating on people's achievements" Hating on who exactly ? You? what achievement? and why would I hate? are you ok?
lol..sorry, u sounded like anti fashola.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by omonnakoda: 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
ridlaw:
lol..sorry, u sounded like anti fashola.
Is Fashola god? your style is too emotional. I may agree with you on abc and not de that does not have to make us friends or enemies try and be objective and less emotional

The truth is there is no significant difference between the CO2 released by Kerosene compared to LPG and LPG is a lot more expensive when you factor in the cost of cookers cylinders etc .
There may be good reasons for changing to LPG but CO2 emission as you claim is NOT ONE
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by samkoro: 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
D'Vanguard:

You need to grow up and learn. Fashola's performance has to do with his party's believe and idea. check out with other states controlled by their party. I wonder how so many NL comment without deep thoughts. fashola alone can't do it he needs people to acheive is aim. who will they be likes mind. from where will the like minds come from? i guess same party. I feel you need to open your mind and check the party you claim you hate from another angle.

Why must the party's belief and idea include to support and sponsor Bokoharam and criticise all efforts being made by the Government to fight terrorism.

That not enough,they recently franchised and imported Bokoharam into Nigeria through their partner CPC.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by ridlaw(m): 12:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
omonnakoda: Is Fashola god? your style is too emotional. I may agree with you on abc and not de that does not have to make us friends or enemies try and be objective and less emotional

The truth is there is no significant difference between the CO2 released by Kerosene compared to LPG and LPG is a lot more expensive when you factor in the cost of cookers cylinders etc .
There may be good reasons for changing to LPG but CO2 emission as you claim is NOT ONE

(a) Didnt say fashola is god buh I just feel he is exceptional n the best among his mates...by the way I do not support all his policies.

(b) its obvious u know little or nothing abt climate change, global warming ,green house gases and its effect n I will want to encourage you to take a little time to read abt them...little difference has an effect in saving our environment.
its apparent not everybody will switch to using LPG but they want to encourage pple that cant afford it to use it so as to save our environment. ..Don't forget food get done faster using lpg than kerosene cheesy
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by omonnakoda: 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
ridlaw:

(a) Didnt say fashola is god buh I just feel he is exceptional n the best among his mate.

(b) its obvious u know little or nothing abt climate change, global warming ,green house gases and its effect n I will want to encourage you to take a little time to read abt them...little difference has an effect in saving our environment.
its apparent not everybody will switch to using LPG but they want to encourage pple that cant afford it to use it so as to save our environment. ..Don't forget food get done faster using lpg than kerosene cheesy

But I did NOT mention Fashola AT ALL yet you called me a hater Is that fanaticism or what?
You are right I know next to nothing about climate change global warming and green house gases like I said before I am proud of my ignorance
The difference is many more are ignorant but think they know it all but even the link YOU supllied does NOT show any significant difference between LPG and Kerosene in terms of CO2 released per KWh
Their CO2 profiles are near identical, so to claim as you did that LPG will save the environment in comparison to kerosine is false( assuming your greenhouse gases model for global warming is true).Let me tell you one other little detail; LPG produces a much hotter flame than kerosine and much of this energy cannot be harnessed within the context of COOKING.It would be more efficient than kerosine in an engine or generating electricity but cooking is different
In other words much of the heat produced by LPG is wasted and so effectively it probably releases more CO2 to achieve the same amount of boiled yam.rice etc if it is used for cooking even when you factor in cooker design but hey you are the EXPERT!!
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by DVanguard: 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
samkoro:

Why must the party's belief and idea include to support and sponsor Bokoharam and criticise all efforts being made by the Government to fight terrorism.

That not enough,they recently franchised and imported Bokoharam into Nigeria through their partner CPC.

Am very sorry, i think your boat just arrived Nigeria. ACN never promotes Boko Haram, they have never been linked to BH by security agents except politicians. the former NSA told us who sponsors Boko haram, The former VP told us our they get arms.Pls can some one remind me which party members and party have been mention linked to Boko haram. I am not sure but PDP have been in the front line of the experts (security) but ACN are mention from the same cause of the problem PDP politicians. PDP have caused lots of havoc in this country. One of their strategy is insecurity and religious propanganda.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by ridlaw(m): 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
omonnakoda:

But I did NOT mention Fashola AT ALL yet you called me a hater Is that fanaticism or what?
You are right I know next to nothing about climate change global warming and green house gases like I said before I am proud of my ignorance
The difference is many more are ignorant but think they know it all but even the link YOU supllied does NOT show any significant difference between LPG and Kerosene in terms of CO2 released per KWh
Their CO2 profiles are near identical, so to claim as you did that LPG will save the environment in comparison to kerosine is false( assuming your greenhouse gases model for global warming is true).Let me tell you one other little detail; LPG produces a much hotter flame than kerosine and much of this energy cannot be harnessed within the context of COOKING. In other words much of the heat produced by LPG is wasted and so effectively it probably releases more CO2 to achive the same amount of boiled yam.rice etc if it is used for cooking even when you factor in cooker design but hey you are the EXPERT!!

sigh* 0.2 kw/h is not significant enough?? :s shocked ...combining 0.2 from different users will bring abt a large amount of co2 emission, u shld know this....even if it 0.00000000001 difference, we need to use any fuel with little amount of co2 emission to save the world.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by omonnakoda: 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
ridlaw:

sigh* 0.2 kw/h is not significant enough?? :s shocked ...combining 0.2 from different users will bring abt a large amount of co2 emission, u shld know this....even if it 0.00000000001 difference, we need to use any fuel with little amount of co2 to save the world.
No it is not significant not really and clearly there are so many other variables.That figure is not absolute by the way(there are others) but for argument sake I will accept them.YOU TELL US THE significance please!!
I believe that calculation is achieved in a laboratory when these fuels are burnt with PURE OXYGEN (of course you,the expert must know this) Reality of course is completely different,The other point is the LPG flame is a very hot one 1970 degrees celsiuc compared to kerosene about 315 degrees and so much of the heat produced by LPG is not effectively used when cooking compared to kerosene.Heat utilization for LPG would be better in an engine.
So effectively to achieve the same COOKING effect even more CO2 would be released by LPG,surely YOU,the ALL KNOWING must know this
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by ridlaw(m): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
omonnakoda:
No it is not significant not really and clearly there are so many other variables.That figure is not absolute by the way(there are others) but for argument sake I will accept them.YOU TELL US THE significance please!!
I believe that calculation is achieved in a laboratory when these fuels are burnt with PURE OXYGEN (of course you,the expert must know this) Reality of course is completely different,The other point is the LPG flame is a very hot one 1970 degrees celsiuc compared to kerosene about 315 degrees and so much of the heat produced by LPG is not effectively used when cooking compared to kerosene.Heat utilization for LPG would be better in an engine.
So effectively to achieve the same COOKING effect even more CO2 would be released by LPG,surely YOU,the ALL KNOWING must know this
You won't stop to amaze me,...wait! shld we encourage fuels with high emission of co2 for cooking or one with lesser...wats ur argument?
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by omonnakoda: 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
ridlaw:
You won't stop to amaze me,...wait! shld we encourage fuels with high emission of co2 for cooking or one with lesser...wats ur argument?
Firstly there is no significant difference between the CO2 emission of LPG and Kerosene under optimal conditions ie burning in the Laboratory .In other words if I say that the maximum speed of car A is 530Mph and Car B is 533Mph on a TEST RANGE I want to know is there any significant difference in real life. Are there many motorways on which you can drive at that speed and the answer is NO. The reality is this if you light your LPG stove and turn it off for 5 seconds you burn a lot more carbon and generate a lot of heat that never reaches your yam or beans.
Under the conditions of Cooking as opposed to in an Engine kerosine is more efficient because it has a much lower IGNITION temperature and a much lower combustion temperature and so if the same amount of energy is produced by either fuel more is likely to be wasted from LPG if cooking is the objective .Therefore ultimately you will release more CO2 to achieve the same cooking effect
By the way,According to your so called Greenhouse gas theory CO2 is NOt the only greenhouse gas.There are others eg Methane,H20 and most gas cookers as they age tend to burn inefficiently and release more methane into the atmosphere etc but like I have said before this theory is UNPROVEN and SPECULATIVE
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by bobthebuilder99(m): 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
barcanista: Another avenue to loot the treasury and enrich TINUBU. Come may 2015,Lagos will chase out ACN from Alausa and installl PDP led by Senator Musliu Olatunde Obanikoro

Good luck with that. grin
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by PastorKun(m): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
Whilst this appears to be a laudable project on the surface many people don't realise that Fashola is just using Lagos state machinery to promote the private business of his friend (Wale Tinubu) who is actively promoting his new product O-gas with the intention of dominating Nigeria's cooking gas industry. It is also worthy of note that Fashola's oga at the top (bola Tinubu) is also one of the largest shareholders of Oando the company producing this O-gas so at the end of the day they are just promoting their personal interest and subsidising a private company under the guise of providing Lagosians with a more environmentally friendly cooking gas.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by ridlaw(m): 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
omonnakoda:
Firstly there is no significant difference between the CO2 emission of LPG and Kerosene under optimal conditions ie burning in the Laboratory .In other words if I say that the maximum speed of car A is 530Mph and Car B is 533Mph on a TEST RANGE I want to know is there any significant difference in real life. Are there many motorways on which you can drive at that speed and the answer is NO. The reality is this if you light your LPG stove and turn it off for 5 seconds you burn a lot more carbon and generate a lot of heat that never reaches your yam or beans.
Under the conditions of Cooking as opposed to in an Engine kerosine is more efficient because it has a much lower IGNITION temperature and a much lower combustion temperature and so if the same amount of energy is produced by either fuel more is likely to be wasted from LPG if cooking is the objective .Therefore ultimately you will release more CO2 to achieve the same cooking effect
By the way,According to your so called Greenhouse gas theory CO2 is NOt the only greenhouse gas.There are others eg Methane,H20 and most gas cookers as they age tend to burn inefficiently and release more methane into the atmosphere etc but like I have said before this theory is UNPROVEN and SPECULATIVE

Yes methane are release buh CO2 is the most harmful to us...burning methane gives one molecule of carbon buh the combustion process that gives co2 releases two or more molecules of carbon.
By the way why are most developed countries not using kerosene as cooking fuel?
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by DVanguard: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
omonnakoda:

There is a big difference btw LPG and Kerosene.

LPG burns faster than kerosene, it produces more heat than kerosene, heat loss is less because it produce large amount of it( it depends on the usage), pollution is less due to the soot that kerosene produce. Kerosene can also be used in gaseous form, but to do so requires equipment that is more expensive that that used to burn it in liquid form. To gasify kerosene, the liquid is pressurized and then released to the atmosphere. Starting a high-pressure kerosene stove is
more time-consuming than starting an LPG stove, but cooking with gasified kerosene otherwise is similar to cooking with LPG. It does not deposit soot. Kerosene burned in a wick stove as a liquid, in contrast, emits soot. The prices of
high-pressure kerosene stoves are higher than those of wick stoves.

LPG emits less CO2,CO and oxides of nitogen than kerosene, wood fuel and Charcoal.
LPG burns extremely effective in burning.
LPG is used worldwide for cooking and heating. It is a clean fuel. Two disadvantages of LPG: for low-income
households are its relatively high start-up cost and the large (lumpy) cash outlays. but One option for reducing the “lumpiness” of LPG purchase is to provide smaller cylinders which the state govt have really put into consideration.. With smaller cylinders, each refill costs less, potentially enabling low-income
households to refill more regularly, and the initial cylinder deposit fee can be lowered. Smaller
cylinders potentially yield double benefits: more regular LPG consumption by users, especially in
rural areas, and a higher uptake rate of LPG.
Landfill gas (LFG) is generated through the degradation of municipal solid waste (MSW) by microorganisms. The quality (higher percent methane gases signify higher qualities) of the gas is highly dependent on the composition of the waste, presence of oxygen, temperature, physical geometry and time elapsed since waste disposal.[2] Aerobic conditions, presence of oxygen, leads to predominately CO2 emissions. In anaerobic conditions, as is typical of landfills, methane and CO2 are produced in equal amounts. Methane (CH 4) is the important component of landfill gas as it has a calorific value of 33.95 MJ/Nm3 which gives rise to energy generation benefits.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Gbawe: 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I suggest that the Lagos state government build distribution centres in strategic locations for easy access to the product.

Good thinking but taken care of already. Efficiency and professionalism should be good because the Lagos State Ministry of Energy is partnering with established private sector firm for this initiative.

http://businessdaynigeria.com/lagos-private-firms-begin-supply-cooking-gas-residents

Lagos, private firms begin supply of cooking gas to residents

Wed, 2013-06-12 12:04

The supply of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) as preferred cooking fuel for households in Lagos as against kerosene and charcoal, which kicked off in the state, Tuesday, will see collaborating private sector partners establish skid plants across the 20 local government areas and 37 local council development areas (LCDAs) of Lagos in what aims at making supply accessible to millions of people.

The cooking gas initiative is taking off as Governor Babatunde Fashola also on Tuesday assured traders during a visit to the Trinity auto spare parts market, Apapa, gutted by fire, Sunday afternoon, that his administration will rebuild the shops. He advised them to consider taking insurance policy which will absorb the shock of such huge losses in the future. Goods worth millions of naira were lost in the fire incident which razed no fewer than 150 shops. BusinessDay gathered that the burnt one-storey shopping complex which has shown signs of distress was built about 1976.

Some of the partners in the LPG supply project which has received the full endorsement of the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) are Oando Gas, Techno Gas, Lite Gas and Banner Gas. The project driven by the Lagos State Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources will see the partners deliver cooking gas in cylinders of different sizes ranging from 5.0, 5.2, 13.8 and 42.5 at designated places across the state.

Fashola, speaking at the launch of the Eko gas project at Masha Roundabout, Surulere, said it marked the gradual return to the old days when cooking with gas by Nigerian households was not a luxury. He said the flag-off of the initiative by his administration was also an indication that gas is no longer the exclusive preserve of the rich, as the poor can now also have access to it for their domestic uses as against kerosene and charcoal, which aggravate the green house effect and global warming.

With the current 8.0 billion metric feet gas production per day in Nigeria, the country, Fashola said, has enough to meet the needs of its citizens, but lamented this is not being optimally utilised. He said with the successful launch of the project, “LPG is now going to be our preferred option for cooking in Lagos,” adding that the gas would be made available to Lagosians in different locations at various prices.

BY : JOSHUA BASSEY
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by master2(m): 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
bfmconcepts: how affordable is the gas.
12.5kg gas is sold for 1500 naira in Ghana. Whereas, Nigeria supplied gas to Ghana.
Here in kaduna, Northern Nigeria 12.5kg is sold for N3500 or N3000. Nigerians!
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by EkoIle1: 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
Symphony007: Myopism will kill this country! While in L.A, i realise their city buses run on natural gas and these makes the buses more energy efficent and ensures a life span of over 30 years. Meanwhile here in nigeria we flare gas and buy fuel and diesel consuming BRT buses than pollute the environment and pack up within a year or two: it's so sad how much vision is missing in every nigerian leader!!

Well said. For us in Lagos, this is the first of many steps in the right direction and with good and visionary leadership like we have now, we'll get there, but we must develop the needed inifratsructures to make it happened. Encouraging LPG use and getting the LPG industries like Oando and others involved is very crucial because we need them to make LPG abundant, cheap and accessible for different applications like gas powered buses and other combustive products..

We are not too far behind, its all about leadership that gets it and moving in the right direction.....
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by PastorKun(m): 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Gbawe:

Good thinking but taken care of already. Efficiency and professionalism should be good because the Lagos State Ministry of Energy is partnering with established private sector firm for this initiative.

I repeat this is not an initiative of the Lagos state govt. It's an initiative of Oando plc, Lagos govt is just being used to promote this initiative cause of the personal interests involved. Oando plc launched this initiative at least two years ago when they released their 5kg O-gas into the market with the view to promoting it as a replacement for kerosene stoves.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Gbawe: 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I repeat this is not an initiative of the Lagos state govt. It's an initiative of Oando plc, Lagos govt is just being used to promote this initiative cause of the personal interests involved. Oando plc launched this initiative at least two years ago when they released their 5kg O-gas into the market with the view to promoting it as a replacement for kerosene stoves.

Assuming you are correct , for the sake of argument, and Lagos is being "used to promote this initiative" by OANDO. What is the problem? Will Lagosians be forced to buy LPG at gun-point or will the laws of demand and supply still apply leading to attendant benefit for the State? Is this not another worthy effort providing more choice in the energy mix of a mega city with positives all round?

Fashola, speaking at the launch of the Eko gas project at Masha Roundabout, Surulere, said it marked the gradual return to the old days when cooking with gas by Nigerian households was not a luxury. He said the flag-off of the initiative by his administration was also an indication that gas is no longer the exclusive preserve of the rich, as the poor can now also have access to it for their domestic uses as against kerosene and charcoal, which aggravate the green house effect and global warming.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by EkoIle1: 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Fortunately for lagosians, we don't live and die based on fabricated tales and conspiracies especially on the internet.

We need service delivery oriented leaders to put something positive on the ground which this government accomplishes everyday..

We need responsible leaders to progress our lives and make it better and when lagosians cook with cheap clean burning gas and also breath in clean and healthy air, the last thing on their minds is market women and internet gossips about irrelevant and redundant who is behind this and that.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by omonnakoda: 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
D'Vanguard:

There is a big difference btw LPG and Kerosene.

LPG burns faster than kerosene, it produces more heat than kerosene, heat loss is less because it produce large amount of it ( it depends on the usage), pollution is less due to the soot that kerosene produce. Kerosene can also be used in gaseous form, but to do so requires equipment that is more expensive that that used to burn it in liquid form. To gasify kerosene, the liquid is pressurized and then released to the atmosphere. Starting a high-pressure kerosene stove is
more time-consuming than starting an LPG stove, but cooking with gasified kerosene otherwise is similar to cooking with LPG. It does not deposit soot. Kerosene burned in a wick stove as a liquid, in contrast, emits soot. The prices of
high-pressure kerosene stoves are higher than those of wick stoves.

LPG emits less CO2,CO and oxides of nitogen than kerosene, wood fuel and Charcoal.
LPG burns extremely effective in burning.
LPG is used worldwide for cooking and heating. It is a clean fuel. Two disadvantages of LPG: for low-income
households are its relatively high start-up cost and the large (lumpy) cash outlays. but One option for reducing the “lumpiness” of LPG purchase is to provide smaller cylinders which the state govt have really put into consideration.. With smaller cylinders, each refill costs less, potentially enabling low-income
households to refill more regularly, and the initial cylinder deposit fee can be lowered. Smaller
cylinders potentially yield double benefits: more regular LPG consumption by users, especially in
rural areas, and a higher uptake rate of LPG.
Landfill gas (LFG) is generated through the degradation of municipal solid waste (MSW) by microorganisms. The quality (higher percent methane gases signify higher qualities) of the gas is highly dependent on the composition of the waste, presence of oxygen, temperature, physical geometry and time elapsed since waste disposal.[2] Aerobic conditions, presence of oxygen, leads to predominately CO2 emissions. In anaerobic conditions, as is typical of landfills, methane and CO2 are produced in equal amounts. Methane (CH 4) is the important component of landfill gas as it has a calorific value of 33.95 MJ/Nm3 which gives rise to energy generation benefits.

I really do not know why you are quoting me or what your point is really. According to you "Heat loss is less because it produce large amount of it" Wow Interesting Thermodynamic concept !! I wonder why we don't cook with petrol or dynamite!!
Please address your comments to the room no need to quote me
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by anonimi: 6:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
Gbawe:

Assuming you are correct , for the sake of argument, and Lagos is being "used to promote this initiative" by OANDO. What is the problem? Will Lagosians be forced to buy LPG at gun-point or will the laws of demand and supply still apply leading to attendant benefit for the State? Is this not another worthy effort providing more choice in the energy mix of a mega city with positives all round?

Eko Ile:

Fortunately for lagosians, we don't live and die based on fabricated tales and conspiracies especially on the internet.

We need service delivery oriented leaders to put something positive on the ground which this government accomplishes everyday..

We need responsible leaders to progress our lives and make it better and when lagosians cook with cheap clean burning gas and also breath in clean and healthy air, the last thing on their minds is market women and internet gossips about irrelevant and redundant who is behind this and that.

It should be of concern to all RESIDENTS of Lagos state that OUR money is involved directly in this project as per this part of the OP.

According to him, about 20 per cent of the cost of cylinder would be eased by the government, in other to encourage Lagosians to the use LPG.

* The laws of demand and supply is being distorted by government involvement.
* Why pay only Oando 20% of the cost of cylinder? Why not ALL gas cylinder suppliers? PastorKun has provided insight into the scheming behind that.
* Should a sensible government be subsidising the use of gas for cooking when it can not adequately provide education for all children in Lagos state and has increased the state university fees from 25k to 250k while pipeborne supply is promised for 2020 i.e. five years after Fashola would have left Alausa house
* etc, etc

Many reasons why this is a very bad way to spend OUR money.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
anonimi:

Have you heard of the concept of division of labour in economics?
Don't you think it applies to what you are talking about here
apparently this is about administering millions of people in lagos through provision of infrastructural services for a better life for people in lagos while at the same time offering job opportunities,it is different from economics class.there is no basis for comparison for the 2
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
anonimi:

I wonder what you have to say about management consultants who come in and advise companies how to do better without actually working in the company?

Make I leave priests and marriage for now!
mr man,there is no atom of sense in this post from the beginning to the end :/
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Gbawe: 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
kulyie: mr man,there is no atom of sense in this post from the beginning to the end :/

My good man, you'll get more sense out of a new-born baby than you can from that confused character.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by anonimi: 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
kulyie: apparently this is about administering millions of people in lagos through provision of infrastructural services for a better life for people in lagos while at the same time offering job opportunities,it is different from economics class.there is no basis for comparison for the 2

My reference to division of labour was not about this so called initiative of Fashola to give OUR money to Oando as 20% subsidy on gas cylinders.

It is about your discussion with barcanista that he should not criticise Fashola except he has solution to offer. It can be termed cyber-bullying. It is not his job to offer solutions to Fashola. That is Fashola's responsibility in the division of labour analogy I referred to. That does not preclude the possibility of barcanista (if he so desires) offering solution to Fashola as I have done every now & then here.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by EkoIle1: 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
kulyie: mr man,there is no atom of sense in this post from the beginning to the end :/

Trolls have no sense and they hardly make sense, there job is to troll and act like nuisance and derail any lagos progress and positive threads.

Some people a natural saddists and good news is always bad news to them and they'll say the dumbest and sensless things ever...

I don't even give that character a second of My valuable time.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
anonimi:

Are you unable and/or unwilling to accept basic principles of governance and democracy?
I suspect from your posts on other threads that you are very intelligent and open minded but probably you have a stake in this particular project or those related to it hence your current stance.

The yoruba proverb you alluded to is right but not in the context you have used it. Have you heard or read cookery books? Would you say the author is cooking with his mouth or has placed the pot on fire to do the actual cooking?
Again Fashola is paid taxes, levies, rates, fines etc by RESIDENTS of Lagos plus including what he collects monthly from Abuja as federal allocation from Niger Delta oil revenue. He has a job to deliver on the priority issues starting with the BASICS that impact on the LARGEST part of the populace.

If he cannot do so he is free to follow Pope Benedict's recent example- QUIT!
there is no perfect leader anywhere.fashola is human just like you and i.he is not an angel.he brought out an idea and he is doing his best to male it successful while at the same time making the lives of the people of lagos easy by that.he cannot solve the whole problems of lagos.no human being can do it even if he is super man but for crying out loud the man is doing his best and some people will sit behind their computer screen and be criticizing it when they cannot proffer better alternatives.i am not against criticisms but if you must criticize,it must be unbiased,objective,not parochial and must have a practical solution,that is my point.ok for example i wear a white shirt and someone says this shirt you are wearing is dirty,no other shirt available.now the person that told me this your white shirt is dirty and he doesnt have another shirt you will give me,what is the essence of telling me my shirt is dirty when you dont have a beeter shirt to offer me.so the man that said my shirt is dirty are fasholas critics.mind you no public policy,project or programmes is devoid of human errors,why because it is humans that initiated it.there is no perfect project anywhere and if a man has tried to the best of his ability,why dont we encourage him

meanwhile,i have no affiliation with fashola,neither am i related to him,i also have no stake in what he is doing but if i see someone who is putting his all into something and some people are sitting down,bringing his efforts down,it hurts me because i was once been of the student union leaders during my time in school and it is not easy to administer HUMAN BEINGS in just a university environment that is small,how much more millions of people administering different people with diverse interests and motives.please lets cut some slack abeg.lets give him some credit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG May Redeploy North-east Troops To N’delta / Why Osun Governorship Tribunal Was Moved To Abuja – Appeal Court / IBEDC To Begin Distribution Of 100,000 Free Meters Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.