Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS (14861 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / President Jonathan Dancing Orezi's Shoki Last Night At Eko Hotel, Lagos / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Symphony007: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2013
Myopism will kill this country! While in L.A, i realise their city buses run on natural gas and these makes the buses more energy efficent and ensures a life span of over 30 years. Meanwhile here in nigeria we flare gas and buy fuel and diesel consuming BRT buses than pollute the environment and pack up within a year or two: it's so sad how much vision is missing in every nigerian leader!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by bootlegaz: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2013
If Boko Haram boys light hausa tobacco for that place, eko go burn down like Babylon. grin grin
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by bootlegaz: 10:44am On Jun 12, 2013
Symphony007: Myopism will kill this country! While in L.A, i realise their city buses run on natural gas and these makes the buses more energy efficent and ensures a life span of over 30 years. Meanwhile here in nigeria we flare gas and buy fuel and diesel consuming BRT buses than pollute the environment and pack up within a year or two: it's so sad how much vision is missing in every nigerian leader!!
Fashola is ahead of his peers when it comes to inovation. I doubt Nigeria is safety ready for vehicles or buses that are powered by LNG. With the high volume of road accident, the second hand death rate will be overwhelming if there is an explosion caused by accident.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 12, 2013
barcanista: kulyie i'm sure you are the ignorant one along with your figurehead governor. Lagos is home to so-many people, and if we re dissatisfied with ACN leadership which we are, we have the right to CRITICISE. You are insane for asking critics to leave Lagos, na your papa get lag? abi na BRF get lag? as if ELECTION no give us opportunity of installing government of our choice. mumu
first of all you can be reasonable by going straight to the point by not attacking personalities.first of all the nonsense that people carry around that lagos is no mans land is very false.for your information lagos is owned by the eguns,badagry people and awori.its just that this people are very accomodating ethnically that is why every nigerian can come,live,settle and make a living for himself.that notion that lagos is no mans land is one of the languages of awon atokowabale jes to cause more chaos and live a life of anything goes.dont be fooled slowpoke

secondly no political party or administration is forcing anyone to stay or leave lagos however if you must stay,dont complain or criticize and if you must complain or criticize make sure you have a ready made pragmatic solution.didirin :/

abi na kerosene them dey use for megacities in developed nations in the 21st century.mshewww
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Danielokeoma(f): 10:52am On Jun 12, 2013
Nairalanders plz hw cn i change my username.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 12, 2013
bootlegaz:
Fashola is ahead of his peers when it comes to inovation. I doubt Nigeria is safety ready for vehicles or buses that are powered by LNG. With the high volume of road accident, the second hand death rate will be overwhelming if there is an explosion caused by accident.
many or majority of accidents that happen in nigeria are self inflicted coupled with bad roads.ok,you know the roads are bad,you will see tanker drivers speeding unreasonably.some of them dont even have breaks,yet they will be speed ing anyhow.they will totally disobey traffic laws.fasten your seat belt wahala,dont receive calls or be pinging when you are driving,mba,drive with normal speed and obey traffic warders,iro ni,okadas should not drive on the express,problem.when accidents now happen.its bad roads,na fashola cause am,infact na kulyie cause am sef
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by anonimi: 11:00am On Jun 12, 2013
Why is Fashola's government involved in gas business?
What is the essence of susidising gas usage when he cannot adequately subsidise tertiary education? Raisng LASU fees from 25k to 250k without providing free and compulsory education to all children in Lagos thus breeding a pool of potential terrorists?
In an era when smart governments are enacting well thought out policies to promote PARTICULAR businesses rather than getting directly involved
Yet we are supposed to be celebrating Fashola's latest media-friendly initiative by dancing azonto and alingo meanwhile the music playing is YAHOOZE and I-go-chop-your-dollar!!!
MISPLACED priority of a propaganda-fuelled "performing progressive".

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 12, 2013
bory09: is your post a way to show how corrupt your party ACN is or what. Let me tell you this lagos is owned by nobody and nobody has the right to advice or compel me to leave lagos by their series of unlawful extortion from the public. I already know that lagos government is for the rich that is why lekki, apapa, marina, VI, and co receive the highest attention in infra structure neglecting the like of ikorodu, ojo, badagry and co. Rubbish ACN
ehen,if you dont want to leave lagos,stay na,but anything you see,take am like that,no complain.since you chose to stay in lagos out of the 36 states in nigeria,your home town inclusive,dont criticize or complain or insult except you have a practical and logical way or solution to make lagos better than what fashola is doing
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 12, 2013
kulyie i ask again,NA YOUR PAPA GET LAGOS?the so-called Lagos owners shey no be somewhere them migrate from? in fact i can rightly lay claim of owning Lagos. i was born,bred and still living here. So yes, I OWN LAGOS and nobody can advice, compel or force me to leave or remain in lag by any method. You deserve serious floggin for sayin critics should rather leave Lagos. Nonesense arrogant ACN/BRF apologists. 2015 on my mind

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 12, 2013
bootlegaz: If Boko Haram boys light hausa tobacco for that place, eko go burn down like Babylon. grin grin
there will be preventive measures put in place to prevent that and ensuring people comply by putting security personnels there because many nigerians are sturbborn.if they see an inscription boldly written do not smoke here,it doesnt stop them from smoking unless coercion is employed before they comply :/
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by anonimi: 11:09am On Jun 12, 2013
kulyie: ehen,if you dont want to leave lagos,stay na,but anything you see,take am like that,no complain.since you chose to stay in lagos out of the 36 states in nigeria,your home town inclusive,dont criticize or complain or insult except you have a practical and logical way or solution to make lagos better than what fashola is doing

Have you heard of art, literary etc critics whose job is to reveiw such works
They don't necessarily have to offer any remedies for the percieved flaws in the work. Coming up with solutions is the job of the producer, author etc if they want to keep earning their BOGUS pay and priviledges. As is with our politicians!!!

BTW, I hope you take your own advice when it comes to criticizing the FGN administration of Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 12, 2013
kulyie: ehen,if you dont want to leave lagos,stay na,but anything you see,take am like that,no complain.since you chose to stay in lagos out of the 36 states in nigeria,your home town inclusive,dont criticize or complain or insult except you have a practical and logical way or solution to make lagos better than what fashola is doing
does the above make sense to you?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Toppiano(m): 11:12am On Jun 12, 2013
Elder Statesman in the making...he has ideas, intelligent and a good business man. Thumb up!!!
I am waiting for PDP to fault this noble initiative...yeye party grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by omonnakoda: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2013
anonimi: Why is Fashola's government involved in gas business?
What is the essence of susidising gas usage when he cannot adequately subsidise tertiary education? Raisng LASU fees from 25k to 250k without providing free and compulsory education to all children in Lagos thus breeding a pool of potential terrorists?
In an era when smart governments are enacting well thought out policies to promote PARTICULAR businesses rather than getting directly involved
Yet we are supposed to be celebrating Fashola's latest media-friendly initiative by dancing azonto and alingo meanwhile the music playing is YAHOOZE and I-go-chop-your-dollar!!!
MISPLACED priority of a propaganda-fuelled "performing progressive".
Please stop this annoying phrase "what is the essence.........?" just avoid it completely because you cannot ever use it rightly. Do you know the meaning of the word?Essence ko Absence ni

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 12, 2013
barcanista: kulyie i ask again,NA YOUR PAPA GET LAGOS?the so-called Lagos owners shey no be somewhere them migrate from? in fact i can rightly lay claim of owning Lagos. i was born,bred and still living here. So yes, I OWN LAGOS and nobody can advice, compel or force me to leave or remain in lag by any method. You deserve serious floggin for sayin critics should rather leave Lagos. Nonesense arrogant ACN/BRF apologists. 2015 on my mind
if that is what you want to hear,yes na my papa own lagos by virtue of the fact that my grandfather is an egun man,my father is egun and my mother is awori born in lagos by lagosian parents

secondly go and do your research well before arguing blindly.lagos was once a village before it became a megacity,so it still remains some peoples home land.i will refer you to go to lasu library or resource centre,lasu museum or go to obas palace to get more information,then you can come back and argue with me like someone who has a sound mind and a functional brain
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 12, 2013
kulyie: exactly.lagos,like Nigeria desperately needs visionary leaders with determination to transform lagos.i call it the lagos dream,not visionless,clueless,confused and indecisive leaders.abi are we going to be using kerosene forever.cant we have a vision for a better life.abi is that how other mega cities in developed nations are.lets get serious for once by encouraging fasholas bold step.jeez.smh.leaders of tomorrow indeed that will criticize everything and anything,ok come out with a different stratedgy,they will not be able to.i can really see how the so called leaders of tommorow are ready to face the highly competitive and globalized world :/
kulyie leave these ibo people and their self delusion that they own lagos,the only thing they know how to do is criticize

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Symphony007: 11:18am On Jun 12, 2013
bootlegaz:
that is where innovation comes in: these buses are very sorphisticated and with the buses running their own lanes just as the BRT. the chances of an accident are greatly diminished; in as much as i'm pround of some happenings in nigeria, they are baby steps. When nigeria takes one step, nigerians cheer while other countries are running. How do we catch up?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by anonimi: 11:19am On Jun 12, 2013
omonnakoda:
Please stop this annoying phrase "what is the essence.........?" just avoid it completely because you cannot ever use it rightly. Do you know the meaning of the word?Essence ko Absence ni

Abeg teach me "the meaning of the word" and how I "cannot ever use it correctly".
I am in a very good mood for learning today.
Over to you!!!
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Egbagirl(f): 11:20am On Jun 12, 2013
Honestly, many times I think we as Nigerians deserve our current situation and crop of leaders. We are too feeling sentimental and refuse to see anything good!!! We are blinded by sentiments!

why do people see the need to attach Tinubu to everything that happens in Lagos? Na wa for some people o.

We will continue the way we are in that country until we as a people change out mindsets. Smh in disgust!

(Btw, this is post is way nicer than I intended it to be.)
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by omonnakoda: 11:21am On Jun 12, 2013
anonimi:

Abeg teach me "the meaning of the word" and how I "cannot ever use it correctly".
I am in a very good mood for learning today.
Over to you!!!
Who cares what mood you are in ? There is a reason why sardines swim separately from sharks.Gravitate to your own kind and stop making grating sounds
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 12, 2013
barcanista: does the above make sense to you?
absolutely yes.or how do you plan to make lagos a better and more viable state,better than what fashola is doing.afterall if you see loopholes in what a person is doing,come out with your own so we will see how wise you are.if you are able to see a problem,you should be able to come up with a better solution
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by anonimi: 11:23am On Jun 12, 2013
omonnakoda: Who cares what mood you are in ? There is a reason why sardines swim separately from sharks.Gravitate to your own kind and stop making grating sounds

You obviously do not know the essence of what you are talking about so I will leave you with your sharks.
Enjoy!!!
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 12, 2013
Egba girl: Honestly, many times I think we as Nigerians deserve our current situation and crop of leaders. We are too feeling sentimental and refuse to see anything good!!! We are blinded by sentiments!

why do people see the need to attach Tinubu to everything that happens in Lagos? Na wa for some people o.

We will continue the way we are in that country until we as a people change out mindsets. Smh in disgust!

(Btw, this is post is way nicer than I intended it to be.)
o sumi o.i just tire
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by omonnakoda: 11:26am On Jun 12, 2013
anonimi:

You obviously do not know the essence of what you are talking about so I will leave you with your sharks.
Enjoy!!!
Funny dude.by the way what is the essence of locking yourself inside a can and forgetting the key outside
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 12, 2013
kulyie: absolutely yes.or how do you plan to make lagos a better and more viable state,better than what fashola is doing.afterall if you see loopholes in what a person is doing,come out with your own so we will see how wise you are.if you are able to see a problem,you should be able to come up with a better solution
i no even understand your point self. try get sense abeg. oya na my papa self get Lagos, by virtue of living his life here. I own Lagos too, i was born and bred here. In fact im more of a Lagosian than your grandfather
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by anonimi: 11:31am On Jun 12, 2013
kulyie: absolutely yes.or how do you plan to make lagos a better and more viable state,better than what fashola is doing.afterall if you see loopholes in what a person is doing,come out with your own so we will see how wise you are.if you are able to see a problem,you should be able to come up with a better solution

Have you heard of the concept of division of labour in economics?
Don't you think it applies to what you are talking about here
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 12, 2013
anonimi:

Have you heard of art, literary etc critics whose job is to reveiw such works
They don't necessarily have to offer any remedies for the percieved flaws in the work. Coming up with solutions is the job of the producer, author etc if they want to keep earning their BOGUS pay and priviledges. As is with our politicians!!!

BTW, I hope you take your own advice when it comes to criticizing the FGN administration of Goodluck Jonathan.
is anybody payimg him to criticize fashola's work.have you ever heard the yoruba addage that says it is easy to cook vegetable with your mouth than actually prepare it.if he feels lagos is that easy to govern or administer,let fashola finish his term and let him contest na.if he satisfies all the conditions,he will be allowd to contest.lets see whether he will perform better than fashola and if not he can go to his home town to join a political party,wait for your turn and contest
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by anonimi: 11:35am On Jun 12, 2013
omonnakoda: Funny dude.by the way what is the essence of locking yourself inside a can and forgetting the key outside

So when was it that you locked yourself inside a can and forgot the key outside?
Feel free to share your experience with others, they might learn therefrom.
You can do it here or simply open a new thread.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by ridlaw(m): 11:36am On Jun 12, 2013
A large amount of Carbon 4oxide (co2) is been released by the usage of kerosene, using LPG reduces the amount of co2 release into the environment n in turns reduces the effect of global warming and climate change.
AjanleKoko: Nice initiatives.
Though I'm not sure I understand how LPG is more environmentally-friendly than kerosene. undecided
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 12, 2013
barcanista: i no even understand your point self. try get sense abeg. oya na my papa self get Lagos, by virtue of living his life here. I own Lagos too, i was born and bred here. In fact im more of a Lagosian than your grandfather
it is obvious you lack sound mind and you are bereft of intellect.i have suggested a way to upgrade your intellect by going to lasu library to read books.you will come across books that will enlighten you such as history of lagos.i dont argue with mediocres,so fvk of.if you want to keep arguing with me,go and read first
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by anonimi: 11:46am On Jun 12, 2013
kulyie: is anybody payimg him to criticize fashola's work.have you ever heard the yoruba addage that says it is easy to cook vegetable with your mouth than actually prepare it.if he feels lagos is that easy to govern or administer,let fashola finish his term and let him contest na.if he satisfies all the conditions,he will be allowd to contest.lets see whether he will perform better than fashola and if not he can go to his home town to join a political party,wait for your turn and contest

Are you unable and/or unwilling to accept basic principles of governance and democracy?
I suspect from your posts on other threads that you are very intelligent and open minded but probably you have a stake in this particular project or those related to it hence your current stance.

The yoruba proverb you alluded to is right but not in the context you have used it. Have you heard or read cookery books? Would you say the author is cooking with his mouth or has placed the pot on fire to do the actual cooking?
Again Fashola is paid taxes, levies, rates, fines etc by RESIDENTS of Lagos plus including what he collects monthly from Abuja as federal allocation from Niger Delta oil revenue. He has a job to deliver on the priority issues starting with the BASICS that impact on the LARGEST part of the populace.

If he cannot do so he is free to follow Pope Benedict's recent example- QUIT!
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 12, 2013
kulyie: it is obvious you lack sound mind and you are bereft of intellect.i have suggested a way to upgrade your intellect by going to lasu library to read books.you will come across books that will enlighten you such as history of lagos.i dont argue with mediocres,so fvk of.if you want to keep arguing with me,go and read first
Which library? forget the thrash. No be person write the books put am there? the person way write am no even get 1st hand experience. Na one old man tell am, the old man self na another old man tell am,that old man self na another old man tell am. Na so so them say them say, no first hand experience. rubbish. i insist, I'M A FULL FLEDGED LAGOS BOY. i'm more of a LAGOS boy than you and your ancestors.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Spent N731 Billion To Subsidise Inflated Petrol Imports - World Bank / 'Information Blackout' Against Media Bills: Newspapers, NUJ, NGE, NPAN Protest / Letter to IGP, Court Documents To Jail EFCC Boss For Contempt (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.