Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,070 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt (30993 Views)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by anonimi: 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
Emilo: Ameachi happens to be a manipulator of sort. I have a daughter attending one of theses schools. Let me tell you all.....Yes, he did built magnificent edifice as school with facilities that have never been used. Instead of them to integrate pupils in the old school, they went ahead and build this schools in front of the old schools, pushed aside the old pupils who still learning in dilapidated structures.

He took in new students with the same old teachers who have nothing to offer. The quality of education is still the same, with beautiful buildings.I have tried to reason why would they construct new buildings, take in new pupils without providing books, uniform etc and allow the old pupils to go through hell. The answer is simply for cheap publicity. He knew he was not going to create enough classes for the pupils so he allowed old pupils to continue the same way they have been. If you doubt this look behind all this newly constructed schools you would still see the old school and pupils languishing in the deteriorated buildings.

As for health, he did very well, the health centers are beautiful, but lack simple amenities/ apparatus/ equipment as the case may be. But a friend of mine recently benefited to his free medical scheme. My friend wife had a C.S and some complications, if they were to pay it would have amounted to about 350k. This was however done free of charge.

Your comment is fair and balanced enough.
But shey you nor get camera ni for take photo of teh school wey your daughter dey showing teh old buildings aith kids inside
Abi you nor sabi upload photos?
Na which one be the problem so we go try helep you small.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=dr.shrewd]
[color=#990000]pls mr, reread your comment and check if you are really making sense. I am a rivers man and i must tell you rivers state has not seen such a rapid infrastructural development and facilities upgrade in recent times. I have been a hash critic of gov't but Amechi's dispensation has really left me with little to criticize about. let me school you a little bit about how budget works especially as regards to the school you are talking about. that budget for capital projects are made in a particular year does not mean that they must be completed within that same year and it doesn't mean they will also receive all the founding from the revenue accruing within that fiscal year. capital/monumental projects can span over few years that why we have what is called consolidation budgeting or simply Consolidation budget. so most capital projects that are on going in rivers state such as the schools, greater port Harcourt, massive Road construction, monorail, health centers, new UST etc are all monumental project that requires years to be completed.so just as you said what he has been doing with money that have been accruing to the state in the past three years. he is simply using it to found(consolidate on) these projects. hope you learn t something. logically it is not possible for rivers gov't to build up to 700 schools in one year with a budget of $3b other sectors of the economy will definitely suffer so u will always have to consolidate your budget in the subsequent years ahead.

Save the lecture 4 ur student if ur a lecturer. The man is a thief and a betrayer of his people. I stil repeat he has done nothing for rivers state compared to d huge allocation we get from FG period
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Trendytessy(f): 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
For those saying education is free,that is a big lie..,we are paying for it!
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by dozai: 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=btechnology][/quote]
I weep for Rivers people. They glorify looters and crucify hardworking governors. Odili is glorified because he shared money. What is wrong about building a monorail? U should be in stone age and be trecking with leg since u don't like development and urbanisation. Your governor moved to develop the greater Porthacourt area. By the time people move to those areas. How will they be coming to work in the old city without meeting log jam. its the monorail. Since ur brothers have built and even built on top drainages that one can't even expand the roads. pls no dey praise bad things.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by OdionOdion: 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

[img][img]http://riversstatemoe.com.ng/images/project14.jpg[/img[/img]

. THANKS FOR SHOWING PICTURES TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN TO RIVERS STATE,YOUR NEXT TASK IS TO SHOW THE TOTAL COLLECTABLE REVENUES BY GOV AMAECHI FOR 68 MONTHS(Oct 2007-May 2013) FROM IGRs AND FEDERAL ALLOCATION:ie INCOME VS EXPENDITURE including the cost bomberdial jet,Okpari,......still waiting for your response!!!!!,...I beg forget that arrogant, cultist and adultrious Amaechi, I wan reach creek market to go buy fresh fish, see u later
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by sayso: 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
oxford:

This pictures have been circulating since 4 years ago. Amaechi no dey do new things? Whats he using his second tenure for?

This is a cheap strategy. Spend billions to build primary school, circulate the pictures and look like a performing gov. Thereafter, just dey chop money and dey circulate same old pictures.

Please, ask Amaechi what has he done with subsidy reinvestment accruing to his state?
shut up your stupid mouth abi keyboard.Why are you not commenting on the health care services in the state.Is RCA a magician?The people who want to eat money are driving him away from the state and you are hear yanning rubbish.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by sayso: 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
anonimi:

But shey you nor get camera ni for take photo of teh school wey your daughter dey showing teh old buildings aith kids inside

no mind the guy.students are provided with new uniforms/shoes/books.At least I have one near my office at Market junction Rumumasi,and whenever I go near for my normal bolle, I will stand and wonder the benefits these kids are enjoying.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by gp6liveth(m): 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
i give a big thumbs up to Amaechi. check out my primary school-St. Andrew's Primary school diobu. we need more of this type governor in all the states. this is what i call good governance. even all the bad roads has been put to beta shapes

God bless Gov. Amaechi
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Emilo(m): 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
OdionOdion: . THANKS FOR SHOWING PICTURES TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN TO RIVERS STATE,YOUR NEXT TASK IS TO SHOW THE TOTAL COLLECTABLE REVENUES BY GOV AMAECHI FOR 68 MONTHS(Oct 2007-May 2013) FROM IGRs AND FEDERAL ALLOCATION:ie INCOME VS EXPENDITURE including the cost bomberdial jet,Okpari,......still waiting for your response!!!!!,...I beg forget that arrogant, cultist and adultrious Amaechi, I wan reach creek market to go buy fresh fish, see u later

How can you re-post the OP's entire pictures only to make this comment......If to say, i fit catch u, na u we for use start the death penalty case

anonimi:

I no even get phone sef!!! Video cassette recorded i get, How can i upload pictures or video with it?

Okija_juju:

[b]Erm...

1. The reason why the old school buildings still exists in some schools was because they couldnt declare a state-wide public holiday for school students so as to allow for construction. So in some places, whilst the students still managed the old buildings, New ones were built. After completion, trnsfer the students and work on the old or demolish them completely.

2. Free school unifroms and books are part of the scheme my dear. Even I have seen many kids with school uniforms branded with RVSG on them. #FACT!

3. The old teachers part is quite sad and true. Not the governors fault. Its hard to break up that cartel. With the Nigerian Union of Teachers and other unions to overcome, its not easy. I can tell you for a fact that he s working on this matter seriously. Its not been an easy task.. Sort of like what Jonathan had to go through to deal with NEPA?PHCN staff.

4. The fees for these new schools are free for Rivers indegenes .. I'm not sure about others.

I'm glad you like the health centre project.. its not been finished. the programme is pretty wide and detailed. The state is currently working on developing a dedicated server for all the health Centres in the state. This is to harmonize records. so a person with his files in Opbo Nkoro LGA can receive treatment in Ikwerre LGA and the doctors will still have access to his fies from the server. I even know the guy who would be handling that project. Ask for the equipping of the health centres,, I cant speak on that for now, but I will investigate this. [/b]

Nice response, but e be like say u sef follow dey chop the money. I can tell from u big belle!!
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by sayso: 2:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
OdionOdion: . THANKS FOR SHOWING PICTURES TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN TO RIVERS STATE,YOUR NEXT TASK IS TO SHOW THE TOTAL COLLECTABLE REVENUES BY GOV AMAECHI FOR 68 MONTHS(Oct 2007-May 2013) FROM IGRs AND FEDERAL ALLOCATION:ie INCOME VS EXPENDITURE including the cost bomberdial jet,Okpari,......still waiting for your response!!!!!,...I beg forget that arrogant, cultist and adultrious Amaechi, I wan reach creek market to go buy fresh fish, see u later
You should also add the roads and healt care centers in the state.Why do people like you not happy when others have good things around them?Are you a saddist?
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by tpia5: 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
the school looks new.

in four years, there would be rain splashes and such, unless the walls are repainted every year.

nigeria's tropical climate means paint doesnt stay clear very long after being applied.

i stand corrected if wrong though, but the school seems recent like maybe the last one or two years.

unless the photos are from when the school was first built.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by sayso: 2:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
Emilo:

How can you re-post the OP's entire pictures only to make this comment......If to say, i fit catch u, na u we for use start the death penalty case

I no even get phone sef!!! Video cassette recorded i get, How can i upload pictures or video with it?

Nice response, but e be like say u sef follow dey chop the money. I can tell from u big belle!!
I can defend the guy small sha.The Governor holds aa open session from time to time where he takes in questions about the project going on,he answers the questions accordingly. I got the infor on the health care from such sessions.
Honestly I do not know why they want him out but the guy has done well in Rivers State.
Just like Ibori did in Delta Stae and still made enough enemies to finish him up from politics.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by sayso: 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
tpia@:
the school looks new.

in four years, there would be rain splashes and such, unless the walls are repainted every year.

nigeria's tropical climate means paint doesnt stay clear very long after being applied.

i stand corrected if wrong though, but the school seems recent like maybe the last one or two years.

unless the photos are from when the school was first built.
I feel you bro, maintenance culture has been our problem,but I think he has something in place.Look at the roads built by his government,very neat everyday with help from the cleaners,but go to Warri and see the roads,very dirty and no one is talking abouth the gorvernor.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 3:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
btechnology: No true rivers man will be proud of Amaechi, he's ur kind, birds of the same feather flock together. Tell me, y wil a true of rivers man emback on a project like d monorail u mentioned earlier? How can he justify d huge amount of tax payers money he's spending on dat project, dat will hv no impact on d lives of rivers people. i sorry 4 my people sha....

[b]By their comments we shall know them..

Why he spent billions on that project is the same reason Fashola is spending billions on Lagos state inter city tram/train system.

A myopic individual like you will never understand the importance of a 21st century trasnport system like that. The reason he spent billions on that project is the same reason he is spending billions to demolish houses and pay compensations to expand existing roads in the state. Rivers State is growing and fast getting over populated.. Aba road has reached its elastic limit. Further demolisions are necessary but will cost us billions in compensation.. In the future, we will need that road expanded even more.. We wouldnt have the space to accomodate busses and taxis on that road hence the need for a monorail system that is fast, efficient and doesnt congest the roads. Even Enugu that does not have half the population of Rivers State is already considering a monorail project.

You need to travel abroad and see things for your self (And i dont mean Ghana and Burkina Fasso).. Go to europe that boasts of the best transport system in the world and learn.

RIVERS STATE IS GROWING!! Thats why I am upset with that new Airport that the FG is building there.. Thats why I am not happy with the pace and quality of the FG road at Onne and Eleme.. Amaechi is looking at Rivers State in the next 20 - 30 years.. You cant think that far thats why you cant appreciate his efforts..

Go and look at UYO and see what Akpabio is doing there. Uyo does not need those big roads and big fly overs right now. But if the plan is for UYO to become a mega city in the future, then facilities need to be put in place to accomodate a mega city.

From this post, its obvious to see that you dey reason like fiwl wey grow up for beer palour.

Go and find one beer palour in Mile 3 and drink away whats left of your brains.. I am ashamed to even think that you live in Rivers State let alone be an indegene of RIvers State. angry We dont need backward thinkers like you in that state. [/b]
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
sayso:
I feel you bro, maintenance culture has been our problems,but I think he has something in place.Look at the roasd built by his government,ver neat everyday with help from the cleaners,but go to Warri and see the roads,very dirty and no one is talking abouth the gorvernor.

Like I already posted here, I can authoritatively tell you that he has a maintanance plan in place.. Some of the existing new schools now have started under-going repair works. He plans to prvatise these government schools. Basically have each school run by a board of directors who would oversee activities of the school. They wouldnt charge the students a penny, but basically ensure that standards are maintained. The lawns in the schools have all been given out to contractors who water and keep them manicured at all times. Trust me, Amaechi is not a show governor like ROchas.. Every work is well thought out and planned for the long term.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
sayso:

no mind the guy.students are provided with new uniforms/shoes/books.At least I have one near my office at Market junction Rumumasi,and whenever I go near for my normal bolle, I will stand and wonder the benefits these kids are enjoying.

No be small lie wey she talk..

Look at the pictures of the Pupils in the pictures.. You'll see small black marks all over their uniforms. What those marks read is; RVSG .. Meaning those uniforms were given to them free by the state. Including books.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
Emilo:

Not yet but I intend to..

What I like about his government is that if you make a good, sound, cost effective proposal to them, they are willing to take it up and expand on it.. I know a few guys who have. E.g is the Rivers State Health centre Data and server. My friend drew up that proposal and today, its already in the pipelines.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by sayso: 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Okija_juju:

Not yet but I intend to..

What I like about his government is that if you make a good, sound, cost effective proposal to them, they are willing to take it up and expand on it.. I know a few guys who have. E.g is the Rivers State Health centre Data and server. My friend drew up that proposal and today, its already in the pipelines.

Thank you bro.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by dj187: 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
Emilo: Ameachi happens to be a manipulator of sort. I have a daughter attending one of theses schools. Let me tell you all.....Yes, he did built magnificent edifice as school with facilities that have never been used. Instead of them to integrate pupils in the old school, they went ahead and build this schools in front of the old schools, pushed aside the old pupils who still learning in dilapidated structures.

He took in new students with the same old teachers who have nothing to offer. The quality of education is still the same, with beautiful buildings.I have tried to reason why would they construct new buildings, take in new pupils without providing books, uniform etc and allow the old pupils to go through hell. The answer is simply for cheap publicity. He knew he was not going to create enough classes for the pupils so he allowed old pupils to continue the same way they have been. If you doubt this look behind all this newly constructed schools you would still see the old school and pupils languishing in the deteriorated buildings.

As for health, he did very well, the health centers are beautiful, but lack simple amenities/ apparatus/ equipment as the case may be. But a friend of mine recently benefited to his free medical scheme. My friend wife had a C.S and some complications, if they were to pay it would have amounted to about 350k. This was however done free of charge.

You are a lair and a lair will not make heaven, i was one of the contractors that built one of the schools at Rumuji, after the building was completed people from the ministry of education ordered me to demolish the former school strucure.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by EHITZ(m): 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
oxford:

This pictures have been circulating since 4 years ago. Amaechi no dey do new things? Whats he using his second tenure for?

This is a cheap strategy. Spend billions to build primary school, circulate the pictures and look like a performing gov. Thereafter, just dey chop money and dey circulate same old pictures.

Please, ask Amaechi what has he done with subsidy reinvestment accruing to his state?

you are such an enemy of progress, people like you will never see anything good in good things. ever!!
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
dj187: You are a lair and a lair will not make heaven, i was one of the contractors that built one of the schools at Rumuji, after the building was completed people from the ministry of education ordered me to demolish the former school strucure.

Ghen Ghen... grin

Shey I said it here... grin

Bros.. Good job on the schools jor! Na ehn be say you don hammer shaa! Because all my guys wey touch those schools, their ministry's move from old site to a more permanent site.. grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
^^^ okija na wa 4 u oo....what proof did this other person provide that made you believe his story over that of the other person?
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ifebosco: 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
oxford:

smart man
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by dayokanu(m): 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
No wonder Retardeen and his wife because they hate education are fighting Amaechi
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Idazinim: 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
omiobo: God bless Ameachi.

AMEN & AMEN
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=Okija_juju]

[b]By their comments we shall know them..

Why he spent billions on that project is the same reason Fashola is spending billions on Lagos state inter city tram/train system.

A myopic individual like you will never understand the importance of a 21st century trasnport system like that. The reason he spent billions on that project is the same reason he is spending billions to demolish houses and pay compensations to expand existing roads in the state. Rivers State is growing and fast getting over populated.. Aba road has reached its elastic limit. Further demolisions are necessary but will cost us billions in compensation.. In the future, we will need that road expanded even more.. We wouldnt have the space to accomodate busses and taxis on that road hence the need for a monorail system that is fast, efficient and doesnt congest the roads. Even Enugu that does not have half the population of Rivers State is already considering a monorail project.

You need to travel abroad and see things for your self (And i dont mean Ghana and Burkina Fasso).. Go to europe that boasts of the best transport system in the world and learn.

RIVERS STATE IS GROWING!! Thats why I am upset with that new Airport that the FG is building there.. Thats why I am not happy with the pace and quality of the FG road at Onne and Eleme.. Amaechi is looking at Rivers State in the next 20 - 30 years.. You cant think that far thats why you cant appreciate his efforts..

Go and look at UYO and see what Akpabio is doing there. Uyo does not need those big roads and big fly overs right now. But if the plan is for UYO to become a mega city in the future, then facilities need to be put in place to accomodate a mega city.

From this post, its obvious to see that you dey reason like fiwl wey grow up for beer palour.

Go and find one beer palour in Mile 3 and drink away whats left of your brains.. I am ashamed to even think that you live in Rivers State let alone be an indegene of RIvers State. angry We dont need backward thinkers like you in that state.

And by their reply we shall know them. I think ur so blind not to see dat d position of dat monorail makes no sense to rivers people. is it not glaring to u dat d project is a failed one. Why are u comparing fashola's project with dis one? i pity 4 u . Hope u continue to protect his interest wen d bread and tea go finish oooo.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
django1: ^^^ okija na wa 4 u oo....what proof did this other person provide that made you believe his story over that of the other person?

Because like I posted earlier from my experience, his story falls in line with mine. The standard practice was to build the new whilst the kids attended the old and when the new was completed, move the kids from old to new and either demolish the old and renovate it to look like the NEw.. So for her to say what she did, it sounded like a lie.. and for this OP to say he worked on the school and that it isnt so.. I am forced to believe him over her.. Also, her stories of no Uniforms and books for the kids made her entire post even more outrageous and unbelievable..

So based on credibility, the other poster has shown that she has none.. This guy on the other hand I believe.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Emilo(m): 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
dj187: You are a lair and a lair will not make heaven, i was one of the contractors that built one of the schools at Rumuji, after the building was completed people from the ministry of education ordered me to demolish the former school strucure.

No am not, maybe i shouldn't have generalised all schools, but the one my little girl attend is still there for you to see. Its in Akapajo.....
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ujoinme: 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
nice school amechi
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by jinxet2000: 5:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
Go Go for Amechi. I like his works in rivers state and I know he has passed the test for higher responsibility in the society.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ocelot2006(m): 5:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
Policewoman: Sertraco is highly incompetent. Check out the rubbish they are even doing on the rivers-BAYELSA axis of the east west road. Methinks the contract should be revoked and rewarded to a more competent construction firm like Julius Berger.

Madam, I'm afraid you're totally wrong. Down here in Akwa Ibom, that coy is known for the superb quality of its executed projects and professionalism. I rank that coy quite high.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Wushishi: 5:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
lipsrsealed
oxford:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Okorocha At Abdulsalami Abubakar Son's Wedding In Adamawa (Photos) / How Jonathan Signed Himself Into Trouble With Fourth Amendment Bill 2015 / Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.