Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,353 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt (30991 Views)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Samabu07(m): 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
Abali1:
You took those words of my Key board.
When will my ABIA STATE ever do something like this?
Why are we so cursed with Insensitive govrnors?
Is it a crime if Abia State actually lived up to its slogan as God's Own State?
Amaechi, I dey hail ohh and praying that this type of thing will one day be done in Abia State.
grin
Seriously we deserve better. Nigerians deserves better. Amaechi try buh it took him longer time to perform. We need more in other sectors.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Guyman02: 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
How do i post this pictures to Gov T. A Orji of Abia State? That guy is just wasting the time of the good people of Abia State. With this kind of schools in Rivers State why would northern nijeriya not ask for 2 marks for admission into unity schools while Rivers and Anambra are made to score 130 plus marks. Anyway this more beautiful than unity schools so Rivers students dont need unity schools.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2013
btechnology: As far as rivers people are concern our governor (Amaechi) is not doing anything in rivers state. I dont know how people make analysis, what is d budget of rivers state compared to the level of development? The school is posting here to get supporter was included in the budget of 2010 and he has paid completely for them. So what has he been doing with rivers money for d past three years? Why is he posting one project over and over again? Ask him what he has done in other sector of the state. The school he claim to build doesn't even have teachers. So who is fooling who here. He conducted recruitment for teacher since last yr and he has not given single employment letter to any one. He can only deceive people outside rivers state and not people who know the truth. He's jst a crafty politician that all. Rivers state budget is $3 billion a year convert to naira and compare d development b4 u prise d thief.

[b]Nwokem go and drown yourself in Orashi river.. angry

Arrant nonsense.. angry Who in their right minds pays fully for an ongoing contract?! You throw figures around and think it depicts intelligence.. How much does Rivers State spend on their recurrent expenditures?! Salaries, Ministries, e.t.c? You shamelessly asked what he has done in other sectors, Where do we start?;

1. Transportation?! - The Monorail Project is still ongoing.. Wether you call it a White Elephant project or not, atleast work is still going on there and that costs money.

2. Roads: Old Aba road, Rumuokwuta - Uniport road, Oginigba road, Npkogu/Nwaja road, Stadium road, Elekahia road, ALCON Bridge, Airforce - Omerelu road (Easily over 40km of road).. Airforce flyover expansion, Rumuola road, Rumuola - Stadium road Linkroad, Olu-Obasanjo road, The entire D-line roads, Old GRA (under construction), Opkoro road, Woji Road GRA, Mothercat - Amadi junction road, LNG round about road, Agip Flyover, Mile 3 road, Nanka - Fruit Garden road, Ikoku road, Building materials road, Borokiri roads, Azikiwe road, Mile one road e.t.c.. O!! AND ALL THESE ROADS ARE NOT YOUR STANDARD GRADE AND TAR ROADS.. ALL THESE ROADS REQUIRED DEMOLITION OF HOUSES AND PAYMENT OF COMPENSATIONS IN SOME INSTANCE TO ALLOW FOR EXPANSION OF THE ROADS.. THESE ROADS ALL COME WITH COVERED DRAINAGES AND STREETLIGHTS.

3. Electricity: You do the research on this one by yourself..

4. Schools: The evidence abounds all over Rivers State.

5. Security: Haba! Rivers State has not seen this level of sanity in years..

6. Health: Hmmm!! Remember the Rivers State Health Sector got the same attention the schools got.. 105 Health centres in how many days was it now.. I can continue if you want.

7. Housing: The Greater Port-Harcourt project.. The proposed Abonema Housing project (Which is still in court). e.t.c..

Infact... I dare you to name any sector and I will tell you the strides he has made in that regard.

You people should hide your heads in shame.. TRUE RIVERS INDIGENES ARE PROUD OF AMAECHI.. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
oddy4real: Muhehehehehe. Eko-Ile the Retardeen don enter one chance today!
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Ngwakwe: 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
Children will always show their childishness.

Use the money on the destitute for God's blessings

finebadtboy: travel and see what? Post a picture of any Akwa Ibom primary school that is like that then I'll pay your next month Internet connection. I'm waiting. grin
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
Oh, please stop it! Are those secondary schools or university campuses? Delta state why, why, why!?
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by TechyGuy: 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
GenBuhari: Is this Amaechi's bid for VP ticket in the APC?

Why not have two VPs, Fashola and Amaechi?

So who will be the President? You?

SHOW US WHAT CPC UNDER BUHARI HAS DONE IN NASARAWA STATE. ARE THERE NO SCHOOLS THERE?
HOW ABOUT THE STATES THAT HAVE BEEN RUN BY ANPP (BUHARI'S FORMER PARTY)!
What qualifies him as a candidate?
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Trendytessy(f): 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
It is nt just about building schools,it's about the capacity of students dat will stay in them. Amaechi built schools wit classrooms for jst 25 students wen in a class there are 35 or more,where will the remaining children go to?
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Ngwakwe: 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
I took the picture of Ehere (Urban) Primary School at Ogbor Hill axis.

If I happen to post it here, everybody will know how dangerous an epidemic disease can be and everyone risks being e-infested on this board.

Anyway, forget about him, we are stocked with him for the next two years unless death do us part..

Guyman02: How do i post this pictures to Gov T. A Orji of Abia State? That guy is just wasting the time of the good people of Abia State. With this kind of schools in Rivers State why would northern nijeriya not ask for 2 marks for admission into unity schools while Rivers and Anambra are made to score 130 plus marks. Anyway this more beautiful than unity schools so Rivers students dont need unity schools.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by AroComputerCe(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
Having gone through the pictures I really commend Gov. Rotimi Amaechi for transforming the educational sector in Rivers state. However, I have few questions for the governor. How many Nigerians were employed in the execution of those projects? In the face growing unemployment in Nigeria, government should learn to give local contractors chance to perform. Seconly, the furniture I saw in those pictures look like Chinese made. As beautiful as they look, what about the durability? Considering the fact that government may not have the financial capability to change them biannually.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by andyanders: 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
If Amechi did this, then I will tell GEJ and his wife to go and sleep and allow this man be. The only legacy you can give to the younger generation is education.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Emilo(m): 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ameachi happens to be a manipulator of sort. I have a daughter attending one of theses schools. Let me tell you all.....Yes, he did built magnificent edifice as school with facilities that have never been used. Instead of them to integrate pupils in the old school, they went ahead and build this schools in front of the old schools, pushed aside the old pupils who still learning in dilapidated structures.

He took in new students with the same old teachers who have nothing to offer. The quality of education is still the same, with beautiful buildings.I have tried to reason why would they construct new buildings, take in new pupils without providing books, uniform etc and allow the old pupils to go through hell. The answer is simply for cheap publicity. He knew he was not going to create enough classes for the pupils so he allowed old pupils to continue the same way they have been. If you doubt this look behind all this newly constructed schools you would still see the old school and pupils languishing in the deteriorated buildings.

As for health, he did very well, the health centers are beautiful, but lack simple amenities/ apparatus/ equipment as the case may be. But a friend of mine recently benefited to his free medical scheme. My friend wife had a C.S and some complications, if they were to pay it would have amounted to about 350k. This was however done free of charge.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by AsuquoEKenn(m): 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
I hope these are not his private projects.Beside if he will not biult schools who will do it. Is is not the pples fund? This is not an achievement pls
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by collynzo2(m): 1:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
Emilo: Ameachi happens to be a manipulator of sort. I have a daughter attending one of theses schools. Let me tell you all.....Yes, he did built magnificent edifice as school with facilities that have never been used. Instead of them to integrate pupils in the old school, they went ahead and build this schools in front of the old schools, pushed aside the old pupils who still learning in dilapidated structures.

He took in new students with the same old teachers who have nothing to offer. The quality of education is still the same, with beautiful buildings.I have tried to reason why would they construct new buildings, take in new pupils without providing books, uniform etc and allow the old pupils to go through hell. The answer is simply for cheap publicity. He knew he was not going to create enough classes for the pupils so he allowed old pupils to continue the same way they have been. If you doubt this look behind all this newly constructed schools you would still see the old school and pupils languishing in the deteriorated buildings.

As for health, he did very well, the health centers are beautiful, but lack simple amenities/ apparatus/ equipment as the case may be. But a friend of mine recently benefited to his free medical scheme. My friend wife had a C.S and some complications, if they were to pay it would have amounted to about 350k. This was however done free of charge.

This is a big lie! All the old buildings were broyght down and new ones constructed, Elekahia, Rumuola, etc. Mention the name of the schools where the old buldings remained.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by drshrewd: 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
btechnology: As far as rivers people are concern our governor (Amaechi) is not doing anything in rivers state. I dont know how people make analysis, what is d budget of rivers state compared to the level of development? The school is posting here to get supporter was included in the budget of 2010 and he has paid completely for them.

So what has he been doing with rivers money for d past three years? Why is he posting one project over and over again? Ask him what he has done in other sector of the state.

The school he claim to build doesn't even have teachers. So who is fooling who here. He conducted recruitment for teacher since last yr and he has not given single employment letter to any one. He can only deceive people outside rivers state and not people who know the truth. He's jst a crafty politician that all. Rivers state budget is $3 billion a year convert to naira and compare d development b4 u prise d thief.
pls mr, reread your comment and check if you are really making sense. I am a rivers man and i must tell you rivers state has not seen such a rapid infrastructural development and facilities upgrade in recent times. I have been a hash critic of gov't but Amechi's dispensation has really left me with little to criticize about. let me school you a little bit about how budget works especially as regards to the school you are talking about. that budget for capital projects are made in a particular year does not mean that they must be completed within that same year and it doesn't mean they will also receive all the founding from the revenue accruing within that fiscal year. capital/monumental projects can span over few years that why we have what is called consolidation budgeting or simply Consolidation budget. so most capital projects that are on going in rivers state such as the schools, greater port Harcourt, massive Road construction, monorail, health centers, new UST etc are all monumental project that requires years to be completed.so just as you said what he has been doing with money that have been accruing to the state in the past three years. he is simply using it to found(consolidate on) these projects. hope you learn t something. logically it is not possible for rivers gov't to build up to 700 schools in one year with a budget of $3b other sectors of the economy will definitely suffer so u will always have to consolidate your budget in the subsequent years ahead.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Ephraimatic(m): 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

This is not about any political party and if that's the case, what about PDP apabio next door to Rivers? Is there anything like what's in this thread in Akwa Ibom?

Akwa Ibom has the largest budget in Nigeria and even way way more than Rivers state, but after a few roads and the phoney e library, the place is still a village with nothing to show for the largest budget in Nigeria.

It's about the individual folks doing the right thing and I don't care what party they belong to, if the have something worthy to show, I show it with zero malice.
guy, the budgets of rivers and lagos states are larger than that of AKS. U think lagos and rivers governors have done better than akpabio? U lie!
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Emilo(m): 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
collynzo2: This is a big lie! All the old buildings were broyght down and new ones constructed, Elekahia, Rumuola, etc. Mention the name of the schools where the old buldings remained.

I charge you to come to my daughter school in Akpajo by Sandfill area and see for yourself. Lets know who is lying. And please visit during school hours. Thank you.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by love124(m): 1:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
btechnology: As far as rivers people are concern our governor (Amaechi) is not doing anything in rivers state. I dont know how people make analysis, what is d budget of rivers state compared to the level of development? The school is posting here to get supporter was included in the budget of 2010 and he has paid completely for them. So what has he been doing with rivers money for d past three years? Why is he posting one project over and over again? Ask him what he has done in other sector of the state. The school he claim to build doesn't even have teachers. So who is fooling who here. He conducted recruitment for teacher since last yr and he has not given single employment letter to any one. He can only deceive people outside rivers state and not people who know the truth. He's jst a crafty politician that all. Rivers state budget is $3 billion a year convert to naira and compare d development b4 u prise d thief.

i think you really need to have you head re-examined, go to other neighbouring states like delta, bayelsa, and Abia then you will know Amaechi is a God sent to your people. stop being ungrateful. shm
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Emilo: Ameachi happens to be a manipulator of sort. I have a daughter attending one of theses schools. Let me tell you all.....Yes, he did built magnificent edifice as school with facilities that have never been used. Instead of them to integrate pupils in the old school, they went ahead and build this schools in front of the old schools, pushed aside the old pupils who still learning in dilapidated structures.

[b]Erm...

1. The reason why the old school buildings still exists in some schools was because they couldnt declare a state-wide public holiday for school students so as to allow for construction. So in some places, whilst the students still managed the old buildings, New ones were built. After completion, trnsfer the students and work on the old or demolish them completely.

2. Free school unifroms and books are part of the scheme my dear. Even I have seen many kids with school uniforms branded with RVSG on them. #FACT!

3. The old teachers part is quite sad and true. Not the governors fault. Its hard to break up that cartel. With the Nigerian Union of Teachers and other unions to overcome, its not easy. I can tell you for a fact that he s working on this matter seriously. Its not been an easy task.. Sort of like what Jonathan had to go through to deal with NEPA?PHCN staff.

4. The fees for these new schools are free for Rivers indegenes .. I'm not sure about others.

I'm glad you like the health centre project.. its not been finished. the programme is pretty wide and detailed. The state is currently working on developing a dedicated server for all the health Centres in the state. This is to harmonize records. so a person with his files in Opbo Nkoro LGA can receive treatment in Ikwerre LGA and the doctors will still have access to his fies from the server. I even know the guy who would be handling that project. Ask for the equipping of the health centres,, I cant speak on that for now, but I will investigate this. [/b]
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Capnd143(m): 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Suddenly Amaechi, of the PDP party becomes a performing governor to Eko_ Ile.

Who said miracles don't happen?
u dnt seem to get the drill, eko ille is just trying to get back at GeJ by praising Amaechi, he is simply sweeping up sentiments in favour of Amaehi whom jonathan dislikes, there by proving jonathan to be the wrong party here!!! Its simple logic! Anyway kuddos to amaehi

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by love124(m): 1:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Capnd143: u dnt seem to get the drill, eko ille is just trying to get back at GeJ by praising Amaechi, he is simply sweeping up sentiments in favour of Amaehi whom jonathan dislikes, there by proving jonathan to be the wrong party here!!! Its simple logic! Anyway kuddos to amaehi
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by love124(m): 1:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
far better, beyond comparism.
Ephraimatic: guy, the budgets of rivers and lagos states are larger than that of AKS. U think lagos and rivers governors have done better than akpabio? U lie!
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by dozai: 1:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
blink182: Oh, please stop it! Are those secondary schools or university campuses? Delta state why, why, why!?
Bros they are sec and primary. I was opportuned to be the Project manager for the sec in tai.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by gbishman: 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
Amaechi you have tried as a human being, a son of the soul and more so as a governor. do not be discouraged the future would tell and also time would tell ur tales of how with the help God conquered an evil empire or cabal.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=Okija_juju]

[b]Nwokem go and drown yourself in Orashi river.. angry

Arrant nonsense.. angry Who in their right minds pays fully for an ongoing contract?! You throw figures around and think it depicts intelligence.. How much does Rivers State spend on their recurrent expenditures?! Salaries, Ministries, e.t.c? You shamelessly asked what he has done in other sectors, Where do we start?;

1. Transportation?! - The Monorail Project is still ongoing.. Wether you call it a White Elephant project or not, atleast work is still going on there and that costs money.

2. Roads: Old Aba road, Rumuokwuta - Uniport road, Oginigba road, Npkogu/Nwaja road, Stadium road, Elekahia road, ALCON Bridge, Airforce - Omerelu road (Easily over 40km of road).. Airforce flyover expansion, Rumuola road, Rumuola - Stadium road Linkroad, Olu-Obasanjo road, The entire D-line roads, Old GRA (under construction), Opkoro road, Woji Road GRA, Mothercat - Amadi junction road, LNG round about road, Agip Flyover, Mile 3 road, Nanka - Fruit Garden road, Ikoku road, Building materials road, Borokiri roads, Azikiwe road, Mile one road e.t.c.. O!! AND ALL THESE ROADS ARE NOT YOUR STANDARD GRADE AND TAR ROADS.. ALL THESE ROADS REQUIRED DEMOLITION OF HOUSES AND PAYMENT OF COMPENSATIONS IN SOME INSTANCE TO ALLOW FOR EXPANSION OF THE ROADS.. THESE ROADS ALL COME WITH COVERED DRAINAGES AND STREETLIGHTS.

3. Electricity: You do the research on this one by yourself..

4. Schools: The evidence abounds all over Rivers State.

5. Security: Haba! Rivers State has not seen this level of sanity in years..

6. Health: Hmmm!! Remember the Rivers State Health Sector got the same attention the schools got.. 105 Health centres in how many days was it now.. I can continue if you want.

7. Housing: The Greater Port-Harcourt project.. The proposed Abonema Housing project (Which is still in court). e.t.c..

Infact... I dare you to name any sector and I will tell you the strides he has made in that regard.

You people should hide your heads in shame.. TRUE RIVERS INDIGENES ARE PROUD OF AMAECHi

No true rivers man will be proud of Amaechi, he's ur kind, birds of the same feather flock together. Tell me, y wil a true of rivers man emback on a project like d monorail u mentioned earlier? How can he justify d huge amount of tax payers money he's spending on dat project, dat will hv no impact on d lives of rivers people. i sorry 4 my people sha....
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by finebadtboy(m): 1:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ngwakwe: Children will always show their childishness.

Use the money on the destitute for God's blessings

my friend the money is just but a bet nothing more, learn to think outside the box, Mr GROWN UP ADULT!!!
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by dozai: 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ha see my school. I was d project manager for the secondary school in Tai. U will not know what u have created till someone else shows it to u. Really the school is a beauty to behold.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by yinkuschua(m): 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
Impressive
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by dj187: 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
Governor Amaechi has done well Please give him kudos for his good works
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Ikengawo: 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
I repeat when I say Amaechi has had the best performance as governor in Nigeria.

He's only underrated by politics alone, it's only he Fashola and Akapbio who have built to a global standard, but he has done it in bulk. Imagine a school where all schools are demolished and rebuilt to a british standard. healthcare is free, education is free. These are things some western countries haven't done.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by goodtalk(m): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
Awesome piece of construction!! WhaooooOo Amaechi carry on the good work and any person man or woman in aso rock or else where that are hunting you down for evil may they fall sick again and again untill 21 operations can no longer help them, infact may dem your enemy MUD!
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by tpia5: 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Could you explain the 'overcrowding' part a bit more?

overcrowding is what people are complaining about, on this thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari Directs INEC To declare doctored results - PDP / How Fulani Herdsmen Cut My Head With Matchet- Onyebuchie / Military Rejects Jonathan’s Claim That He Bought Warships And Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.