Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt (30986 Views)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ballabriggs: 11:36am On Jun 17, 2013
Okija_juju:

ALL!!

Again I repeat ALL SCHOOLS IN RIVERS STATE (Not just Port-Harcourt) HAVE THE SAME BUILDING DESIGN AND QUALITY AND DEPENDING ON AVAILABLE SPACE SAME ENVIRONMENT AND LANDSCAPING..

Last time I heard, there is one of such school in every Local government area in Rivers State.. I think the school project is still in the second phase.. With each new phase, a new school in a new Community is picked and rebuilt from scratch using the exact same plan except for the 'Special schools'..

If a community doesnt have one, then most times its because the chiefs and villagers make outrageous demands to the contractors for compensation and recruitment of indegenes such as a friend experienced in Ogoni when he went to start work on one of the schools there.

1 in every local government is still an insignificant percentage of public schools in Rivers. Do you know how many public schools are in Rivers State?

However, he is still making progress. What Jona, Alams and Odili could not do with over N6 trillion, he has done with less than that amount.

Yet, they want to make Oronto and one eyed Tony Uranta Governor and Deputy.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 11:37am On Jun 17, 2013
Policewoman: Sertraco is highly incompetent. Check out the rubbish they are even doing on the rivers-BAYELSA axis of the east west road. Methinks the contract should be revoked and rewarded to a more competent construction firm like Julius Berger.

To be fair, Julius Berger pulled out during the days of kidnapping. I think Setraco can do a good job if the government monitors the job and puts pressure on them. That is how RCC was messing up in the Benin Ore road until pressure was put on them
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Akainzo(m): 11:38am On Jun 17, 2013
Policewoman: For your info, I come from Rivers and know P.H very well like the back of my hands. Okporo road is still in a very bad shape, and part of the east west road that leads into eliowhani. Iwofe road all the way to the Naval pathfinder axis is infact the worst road in P.H and it seems the state govt has completely abandoned it. The Ada George road is being dualised but at a very low pace. The major roads are just Aba road and Ikwerre road and Amaechi should think of creating more routes so as to ease traffic in p.h which currently is terrible. He tried in doing several roads in his first tenure (stadium, old aba, Nta by mgbuoba e.t.c) but he seemed to have slowed down to a halt the moment he won his reelection.

Are you sure you live in Port Harcourt?
Okporo Road is being dualised, the road itself has been done, final bitumen is completed on one side of th e road, street lights are in place and work ongoing to put final bitumen on the second lane. So which Okporo Road are you talking about?

On the slow pace of work this 2nd term, might he be slowed down because PDP and its leadership is playing politics rather than allowing him to work?
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Dagoma: 11:38am On Jun 17, 2013
Far better than Johnathan's so-called New Universities.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 11:41am On Jun 17, 2013
ballabriggs:

1 in every local government is still an insignificant percentage of public schools in Rivers. Do you know how many public schools are in Rivers State?

However, he is still making progress. What Jona, Alams and Odili could not do with over N6 trillion, he has done with less than that amount.

So are you saying that there good governors and performers in PDP after all?
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 11:42am On Jun 17, 2013
Dagoma: Far better than Johnathan's so-called New Universities.

What comparison is there between a university and a primary or secondary school? O, I get it. That was the initial purpose of the thread which has backfired...hehehehehehehe
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by finebadtboy(m): 11:42am On Jun 17, 2013
Where those Akpabio ass lickers, Amaechi is developing his people Akpabio is receiving best governor awards grin
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Elgaxton(m): 11:43am On Jun 17, 2013
Woow! Good job Governor Amaechi! You have done pretty well for your state...
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ballabriggs: 11:46am On Jun 17, 2013
thelastPope:

So are you saying that there good governors and performers in PDP after all?

In every institution you have the good and the bad. In PDP's case the bad outweigh the good and make them so irrelevant. It is an organisation that places criminals above the decent as you can see from Madam Rhino's speech in Pitakwa over the weekend.

If Amaechi had turned against the people and dedicated his mouth to Jona's nuts ala Oronto and Tony Uranta, he will never have had any problem.

They are destructive elements, they are failures and they get so uncomfortable when progress rises. It is understandable but we will reject them.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Ngwakwe: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2013
Travel and see for yourself.

Don't forget your camera ooooo.

finebadtboy: Where those Akpabio ass lickers, Amaechi is developing his people Akpabio is receiving best governor awards grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 11:49am On Jun 17, 2013
ballabriggs:

In every institution you have the good and the bad. In PDP's case the bad outweigh the good and make them so irrelevant. It is an organisation that places criminals above the decent as you can see from Madam Rhino's speech in Pitakwa over the weekend.

If Amaechi had turned against the people and dedicated his mouth to Jona's nuts ala Oronto and Tony Uranta, he will never have had any problem.

So at least, you admit that PDP has good governors and performers, because your old posts says otherwise oh! Should I re post them here? wink
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by sammyj: 11:50am On Jun 17, 2013
And who says this man has not tried for the people of rivers state, the only problem i had with this man b4 then is when he came out to support GEJ for fuel subsidy thing, apart from that Ameachi is the man. Since he his focusing his state resources on the future generation. God bless you, ride on Governor Ameachi. With this information Gov. Ameachi deserves to run as the presidential candidate in any party come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Ngwakwe: 11:54am On Jun 17, 2013
As I told your kinsman, the same applies to you.

Politics and the way it's being played
today has changed. Electorates are
becoming wiser.

Opposition is about promoting your
ideologies, party manifesto and previous
antecedents if any . It no longer includes
character assassination, political adultery
and manipulation.

I can only advice that your handlers
arrange more training programme for
you.

Make no mistake, the Electorates are
getting wiser "day by day".

ballabriggs:

They are destructive elements, they are failures and they get so uncomfortable when progress rises. It is understandable but we will reject them.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ballabriggs: 11:57am On Jun 17, 2013
thelastPope:

So at least, you admit that PDP has good governors and performers, because your old posts says otherwise oh! Should I re post them here? wink

It is a party that places failure above success. It may have success stories, however, when you have 90% failure rate, what do you call that?

The PDP is a failure led by a drunken sailor fisherman and failure will strive to drag everyone to its level. They call it "party discipline", we know what it is. It is jealousy.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by TechyGuy: 11:58am On Jun 17, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Suddenly Amaechi, of the PDP party becomes a performing governor to Eko_ Ile.

Who said miracles don't happen?

Not ONLY Eko Ile, all ACN/CPC goons!
I tire for the opposition type of politics, I tire!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by thelastPope(m): 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
ballabriggs:

It is a party that places failure above success. It may have success stories, however, when you have 90% failure rate, what do you call that?

The PDP is a failure led by a drunken sailor fisherman and failure will strive to drag everyone to its level. They call it "party discipline", we know what it is. It is jealousy.

Hip Hip, Hurray! You are coming around gradually. Hatred and Bad belle will eventually leave you for good! I have always believed some of you will repent one day! Am so happy!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by tsomething: 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
Policewoman: Sertraco is highly incompetent. Check out the rubbish they are even doing on the rivers-BAYELSA axis of the east west road. Methinks the contract should be revoked and rewarded to a more competent construction firm like Julius Berger.

I don't know about Setraco being incompetent because they have done good jobs in Akwa Ibom and northern part of Nigeria . Every road construction work usually looks rubbish till its completed . On giving Julius Berger the work , I guess u didn't read the part I said the work originally belonged to JB but they pulled out due to insecurity in PH
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by ballabriggs: 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ngwakwe: As I told your kinsman, the same applies to you.

Politics and the way it's being played
today has changed. Electorates are
becoming wiser.

Opposition is about promoting your
ideologies, party manifesto and previous
antecedents if any . It no longer includes
character assassination, political adultery
and manipulation.

I can only advice that your handlers
arrange more training programme for
you.

Make no mistake, the Electorates are
getting wiser "day by day".

Of course they are becoming wiser and you can see from the way Lagos people rose against the foul mouthed Labaran Maku when he tried to throw his filth on Lagos. They rejected his criminal "Good Governance tour" and also rebuked him for his statement last week. We know Maku is a failure. He is a failed cattle rearer, a failed union leader, he was sacked from one of the most useless newspaper house in Nigeria and he is a failed minister who spends most of his time misinforming people. We have a brain and so we will not depend on failures like Maku to tell us what is good governance.

You can try hard, but we are Lagos, we know what is best for us.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
As far as rivers people are concern our governor (Amaechi) is not doing anything in rivers state. I dont know how people make analysis, what is d budget of rivers state compared to the level of development? The school is posting here to get supporter was included in the budget of 2010 and he has paid completely for them. So what has he been doing with rivers money for d past three years? Why is he posting one project over and over again? Ask him what he has done in other sector of the state. The school he claim to build doesn't even have teachers. So who is fooling who here. He conducted recruitment for teacher since last yr and he has not given single employment letter to any one. He can only deceive people outside rivers state and not people who know the truth. He's jst a crafty politician that all. Rivers state budget is $3 billion a year convert to naira and compare d development b4 u prise d thief.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by finebadtboy(m): 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
Ngwakwe: Travel and see for yourself.

Don't forget your camera ooooo.

travel and see what? Post a picture of any Akwa Ibom primary school that is like that then I'll pay your next month Internet connection. I'm waiting. grin
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
Well done Governor Rotimi Chibike Amaechi! God bless you!
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Orikinla(m): 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
omiobo: God bless Ameachi.

And all his enemies will be disgraced in Jesus' mighty name. Amen!
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
I have never seen anything like dis before,....not even in Abuja nor Lagos
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by squino(m): 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
photoshop
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Okijajuju1(m): 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
ballabriggs:

For me, I'm not focused on the larger politics... Just the progress he has made with respect to what was on ground prior to his becoming governor.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
As far as rivers people are concern our governor (Amaechi) is not doing anything in rivers state. I dont know how people make analysis, what is d budget of rivers state compared to the level of development? The school is posting here to get supporter was included in the budget of 2010 and he has paid completely for them.

So what has he been doing with rivers money for d past three years? Why is he posting one project over and over again? Ask him what he has done in other sector of the state.

The school he claim to build doesn't even have teachers. So who is fooling who here. He conducted recruitment for teacher since last yr and he has not given single employment letter to any one. He can only deceive people outside rivers state and not people who know the truth. He's jst a crafty politician that all. Rivers state budget is $3 billion a year convert to naira and compare d development b4 u prise d thief.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by TechyGuy: 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
fuke:

Balderdash.
On the contrary, it shows he is an objective man.
PDP governors cannot be ash-heads all.

You do not know Eko Ile then, check his comment on Amaechi's work before the rift with GEJ
https://www.nairaland.com/374942/amaechis-port-harcourt/9
Come back and type when you are done seeing the thread.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Is this Amaechi's bid for VP ticket in the APC?

Why not have two VPs, Fashola and Amaechi?
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by greenalwaz: 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
sheyie2007: Aesthetically better than many Lagos schools.. I'm impressed
I am more than impressd with wat i'm seen this is even far beta than what we have in d south west and we are shouting on d rooftop.For instance ,ds is not lik those model school they built with only classrooms and no playing facilities 4 d children cos ve bn asking mysef whenever i passd through those schools but 2day I am very proud of Amaechi eventhough am not one of his fans.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Ngwakwe: 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2013
When will you stop this stereotyping / profiling on people.

What actually do you mean by drunken fisherman and a cattle rearer?

Must you remind them of the calamity that Nigeria kept them after milking them dry to develop Lagos and Abuja

Fishermen with polluted rivers rendering them drunks na wetin you mean?

Remember BP deep water spillage in USA made all their fishermen millionaires.

Food for thought

ballabriggs:

ballabriggs: We know Maku is a failure. He is a failed cattle rearer, a failed union leader.
Re: Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt by Sibrah: 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
PapaBrowne are you sure this school is a government(State,Fed, or LGA) owned school? i think it is a private school, but can't recollect where i came accross it - either the pix or the school itself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Kogi Government To Buy $12Million Cars (pic) / Yahaya Abdullahi: It Is An Insult To Say Senators Shouldn’t Spend N5.5bn On Cars / Rufai Abubakar Failed Promotion Exams Thrice Buhari Shouldn’t Reappoint Him; NIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.