Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) (27107 Views)

Security Official Snaps His Colleague Fighting A Man In Lagos (Pic) / ATTENTION " Anyone Knows This Woman? She Was Found On The Streets Of Lagos (pic) / Photo: Woman Found Sleeping On BRT Lane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
ceasare: Go to ogbomoso in oyo state and take d age censor of d old there u will b thrilled those pple lives long men.on avg u wll get 100+ like purewater.i guess its wat they eat nd there lifestyle.

I guess that means even death cant live in Oyo State... grin

The suffer too much.. grin
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Stlatyv(m): 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
Diasporan: Where is the proof of her age?The Chinese man had a documented proof but Mama don't have therefore her age is disputable which does not make her qualified to be recognised cause anyone can claim any age
her 2nd born was 7oyrs of age nd died 22yrs ago. Bt i fink we wat she refeals abt her physical experience
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
In Igboland... Its a Taboo for all your children to die before you o!! I dont know about Yoruba land.
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by stacy(f): 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
My granny nd her should be mates, if not older..She does pratically everything herself..cook, wash, bath save for going to the market. She throws a fist each time someone tries to help her..Blessed 2 have such longevity in my genes ;DMy granny nd her should be mates, if not older..She does pratically everything herself..cook, wash, bath save for going to the market. She throws a fist each time someone tries to help her..Blessed 2 have such longevity in my genes
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Rooneyboy(m): 5:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Longer

Stop cursing urself young lady grin

1 Like

Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Rooneyboy(m): 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2013
fapcrook: I wonder oooo, even my agile and healthy dad of 98 is almost fed up of this longevity

grin grin grin

That's life, when u have much younger generation in ur midst u tend to be where u mates are. Believe u me there's life after death .
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2013
Okija_juju:

What is the life expectancy in Ekiti?! angry

Suffer plus Juju... Anybody above the age of 40 in Ekiti State has lived a very very Long life.. angry 50 years in Ekiti and people will start looking at you like a witch.. 70 years and Gbam!! You are indeed a witch..

See what I mean? Again.....down play your infatuation.
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
Okija_juju: In Igboland... Its a Taboo for all your children to die before you o!! I dont know about Yoruba land.

It's also a taboo.

But did she kill her children? S you want her to kill herself before her children die (not knowing when)?
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2013
lmao @ found
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by ozoemeka(m): 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
R2bees: yorubas too dey live longer, dont knw why.. Uwadiegwu!!

Because igbos spend their own lives with arurala
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by biomedixexcel(m): 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
my own grandmother should be over 120 years though hail and healthy
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by dnawah(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
Lilimax:
Agbo and herbs may be the secret undecided.
no! Jesus Christ,she did his works, now He is paying her back with life.and the holy communion make her stronger.she'll see the second coming of Christgrin
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Theblessed(f): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
[size=16pt]Please people, don't even go to contend this - when did Nigeria begin to keep records even in this modern times, talk less of olden days.

This lady can not be as old as quoted - imagine a 120 year old woman obviously, bore few children in her time yet, one can hardly see wrinkles if any on her face/body and not much grey hairs, abeg o o o!

Nigerians and their record keeping I fear - you need a microscope to see through this lies, try!!
[/size]
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by dnawah(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
Lilimax:
Agbo and herbs may be the secret undecided.
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by princeonx: 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2013
It's so so funny when a Nigerian or Nigerians ask for document prove! Do they really exist on this side of the planet? In Naija, if you need a document signed by Awolowo or Zik in 2013, you will get it with Aso-Rock seal and stamp! So make una stop asking for one yeye prove.

2 Likes

Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
This woman don kalendar wella! There are more of her type in the country. My cousin's great granny died march at the age of a hundred and forty something, her husband died two years ago at the age 150. He was the oldest man in our senatorial zone in imo state.
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
Theblessed: [size=16pt]Please people, don't even go to contend this - when did Nigeria begin to keep records even in this modern times, talk less of olden days.

This lady can not be as old as quoted - imagine a 120 year old woman obviously, bore few children in her time yet, one can hardly see wrinkles if any on her face/body and not much grey hairs, abeg o o o!

Nigerians and their record keeping I fear - you need a microscope to see through this lies, try!!
[/size]

Black pp, simply dont age

grin

1 Like

Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by folowo(m): 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
The generation of MAMA do not use their body any how like our own now, they try to keep their body pure for their hubby till they get married, but now ours is to taste as many as possible b4 marry. and is not good. may God help us
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by AKobo4urthought: 8:52pm On Jun 24, 2013
Theblessed: [size=16pt]Please people, don't even go to contend this - when did Nigeria begin to keep records even in this modern times, talk less of olden days.

[/size]

Shut up, haven't you ever heard of the phrase "Black don't crack" even my 89 year old grandma isn't wrinkly. And I think the whole point of the post was to say that she could have gotten International Recognition if only we weren't so backwards and could keep records.
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by dare4luv1(m): 9:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
Thit story is true, Mama Eleko is Real in Elemota, She is like mother 2 Me
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by dare4luv1(m): 9:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
This story is true, Mama Eleko is Real in Elemota, She is like mother 2 Me
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by bighead1(m): 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2013
I know of a 120 years old man too who jsut died.
His name is imam Akshile on lagos Island.
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Mustay(m): 11:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
How many of us have lived long enough to know who a 120 year old looks like or not? True, documentation may be a problem here but that doesn't make the story false. I had a colleague who buried his dad at 111 few weeks back. That's even 'young' but usually, the ages of the children provide evidences to their claims.

Those in our villages live longer for obvious reasons with little or no assistance. We should take a cue from that. The fact that the media reported the Japanese doesn't mean they've searched the nooks and crannies of these world.
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by LBT: 11:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
If her first son whom I believe had a birth certificate died 22years ago at age 70yrs then she should be 120yrs or almost. 22+70=92 add probability that she lost either pregnancies,lost children or gave birth some yrs after marriage which was the case way back, then add her age.
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by hisswagness: 12:14am On Jun 25, 2013
Kingslaw: She don try o.i know we have more of her types in "South south,South west, South east but for Northarn NG ...... ......
Hmm! Nobi me go talk arm.
Boko haram don finish pple north o...na u talk am o
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by kambo(m): 1:36am On Jun 25, 2013
Me thnks ppl in modern society hav been programmed to die and age faster. How! We hear certain numbers as old age markers so long it gets into d sobconscious and pollutes it. Like retirement at 60 , a retiree is just waitng 2 kick d bucket. So 60 is d methuselah marker in som ppls minds - if u cudnt acheive it by/b4 ths age fugedaboutit! Scruw ths. Libido attractveness zing zest suppleness nimbleness mental alacrity evaporated by ths ages! Man its programmg cuz many ppl ar expctg their bases to fallout in their late years, hence the craze 2 make it as soon as possible.
If mor stories of gracefully aged ppl were published and silly age based policies were eliminated society cud b salvaged frm its yungi fix. And mor ppl wud b liberated 2 live longer without fear of dilapidation.
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Godson201333(m): 4:22am On Jun 25, 2013
and she is very beautiful and good looking,Born2fuck where are you??
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by grandstar(m): 7:03am On Jun 25, 2013
[quote author=Emmy9ite]No documentation. I believe she is in the range of 110 above. The first son would have been 92 now,she married at 20 and gave birth at 22. WRONG. SINCE THE 1ST SON HAS A SON IN HIS EARLY 50'S,ADD 25 TO IT AND GET 80. ADD 20....
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by grandstar(m): 7:17am On Jun 25, 2013
[quote author=Olumogun] my friend of about 42 years old is the first daughter of a man who is 70 years old and he is the surviving first son of his own father who WAS 125 years old by April this year. SO HE HAD HIS FIRST SON AT THE AGE OF 55YEARS!
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Solozzo(m): 7:18am On Jun 25, 2013
Does she have a church baptismal certificate or confirmation record? Any pictures with the past priests of the church, especially when church was opened newly. The church register can also help with these records to assist us guess her age. I expected lots of great grand children if she over 100. She is probably in her nineties but enjoys old stories.

As her real age can never be verified, she cannot claim any awards for oldest person alive.
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Solozzo(m): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2013
LBT: If her first son whom I believe had a birth certificate died 22years ago at age 70yrs then she should be 120yrs or almost. 22+70=92 add probability that she lost either pregnancies,lost children or gave birth some yrs after marriage which was the case way back, then add her age.

No evidence of birth certificate of her first son in article noted.
Re: 120-year-Old Woman Found In Lagos? (pic) by Solozzo(m): 7:38am On Jun 25, 2013
folowo: The generation of MAMA do not use their body any how like our own now, they try to keep their body pure for their hubby till they get married, but now ours is to taste as many as possible b4 marry. and is not good. may God help us

Just b/c of a few old ones does not mean life is worse now. Life expectancy was much lower then. High death rate and poor health in the community was the bane of the old days.Population growth was slow because of high death rate. On average we live longer and better now, and it has nothing to do with sex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! / Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free / Man Bites Snake To Death In Revenge For Biting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.