Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (721203 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nduking92(m): 6:43am On Sep 19, 2013
Welcome back Mazi Zubby.how was ur night?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by nwanjilove(m): 7:36am On Sep 19, 2013
@chidex bros na this kind thing make me run sef lol bt I still dey with una sha. Oga zubby welcome abeg update make we still dey learn small small things from you. Thank God no one don insult me yet or dem never wake from sleep. lol Good morning everyone my brodas and sisters

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by plainmirror(m): 8:03am On Sep 19, 2013
nwanjilove: My fellow Nigerians I must say the truth that I am dissapointed in our character as a whole, imagine we fighting, insulting ourselves here over what someone we have never met in person wrote, most of us claim to be university graduates and we act like primary six holders, how will Nigeria Get better why do you complain over what you cannot change? we condemn Zubby actions but most of us have done worse things some have visited the native doctor to hold one man to marriage, some to hold one maga to pay more money and here we are acting all holy. who even told you that you will eventually reach heaven or hell fire bloody hypocrites.

If you are not comfortable with something and you know you cant change it then you can as well shut up and stop complaining, you are about to enter a bus and the conductor screams its 100 naira for tfare and you enter and start cursing the conductor that his charges should be half of that, when you they enter sexuality section you blind ni? or what where you expecting to see? This is the main reason the white will keep using us and calling us under developed and our government will keep stealing from us and we will be worshiping them and calling them good and ASUU will never stop going on strike for reasons we dont know about anymore. Our certificate seems useless these days you enter school just for 4yrs and age 22 after jamb wahala and you graduate after six years cos of strike and you are still forced to go for mandatory NYSC for one year that sums it up to 7yrs add that you your 22yrs that is 29, you get an interview and basic requirement is age nothing more than 25yrs with 3 yrs working experience their papa. And we dey here dey fight and curse ourselves over irrelevant things, has zubby choice of worship changed the price of fuel or added more jobs to the sector?? Think and answer me with your insults i wont be surprised.

C'mon shaarraaap thr!
I say shut up
Hw dis thread tk concern ASUU+government+oyibo ppl+a graduate of 29yrs ehh?
Ʊ wan come here claim i kind professor abi.
RUBBISH

4 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by phapi(m): 8:21am On Sep 19, 2013
Religion sentiment have never done dz nation any good right 4rm d day of forefathers. To ma best of knowledge our present national issue av ben a tin of dz religion sentiment,even d whitd who brut xtianity dont respond 2 every critism d religion av accured in d spite of time,
i see no big deal in zubby assertion of what nature haz made him 2 blive which might ben workin 4 him or workd 4 him, moreover he is d authour of his life,he got choice 2 mak as long as it his life,he startd dz thread wìlling so hater opinion are not neccessary
And dre z no amount of athesm he preach here can mak a strong xtain human swicth allegencie 2 his camp so i c no reason 4 pacnic here

LONG LIVE ZUBBY
MORE INK 2 YA WRITING PROWESS

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by chistar01(m): 8:23am On Sep 19, 2013
LOL. grin

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 8:29am On Sep 19, 2013
Chapter 128

A few days later, everything began to settle and return to normal. Based on my own calculations, the only score left to settle was the slap by the area boys. I had gotten my money from them, although the money belonged to Maria but it was the area boys who stole it from her. They worked for the money and i took it from them.

I picked up my phone and called the DPO.
He and his boys were drinking at an area called Lawanson. I told him that i wanted to see him urgently. He directed me on how to get to where he was.

I took a bike and drove to him.

''my boy how are you'' he said as soon as i settled on a chair beside him.
He was happy to see me since i had made them over N50,000 from the Chukwudi case.
I even did more by buying them more drinks.

'' Officer, i was at the good day hotel today and overheard some boys talking about a job they did. They were drinking and boasting about snatching one lady's bag at Adetola street. I marked one of them's face and would recognize him anywhere i see him'' i said.

He told me to visit him at the office the next day so we could discuss it properly.

The following day, i called Maria. She was getting better. I told her that i would come in an hour or two.

I went to the Police. The DPO was there. I told him everything i heard about the people who stole a lady's money. I told him also that i could recognize one of them anywhere.
He told me to keep looking out for them but warned me to be careful since if they found out i was snitching on them, i could be in a lot of mess.

I left the station house on a bike and drove to Ojuelegba. I bought an Ericsson phone of N48,000 and drove to Maria. She was cooking when i came.
As if she knew i was going to get her a phone, she had jumped up at me on seeing the pack of the new phone.

Somehow after buying a new cheap Nokia, Maria had called me. Surprisingly, she knew my number offhead. She had told me about the new Nokia worth N6500. According to her, she had recovered most of her contacts from a diary but not all of them.

When i received her call, i felt a little guilty over what happened between us. I was sure she planned something in Benin,
maybe i was just being paranoid but it was better to be paranoid than a victim.
I was angry at myself for destroying her simcard but i was also trying to protect myself. The mistake was attacking her with the area boys in the first place. As soon as that happened, going back to give her all those items would have painted me black in her eyes. At a stage i had decided to mellow down and find a way to bring her back to the table. She didn't have many friends in Lagos.
I knew that whatever i was going to do with the area boys could backfire and that could lead to them squealing. They could confess that i had sent them to attack Maria, therefore it was important to be in good terms with Maria first.

''cunning is the art of concealing our own defects and discovering other people's weaknesses''

41 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Euphrosyne(m): 8:36am On Sep 19, 2013
oga zubby tanx for my quenchin my thirst
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by kentochi(m): 8:50am On Sep 19, 2013
Nice update
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 19, 2013
Foxy Flow, I hope u've read chapter 128.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by afeezmore: 8:53am On Sep 19, 2013
ogah zubman tanks man u are a real man no matter wat sum foolish,idiots and jobless people talks about u on dis thread men dem just dey run their mouth sum are even jealous of u awon were nah una be God wey go judge person moreover sum of 'em these bitch ass niggaz and bitch ass bitches have done sum tinz worser than these in it hundreth of times
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by arbass(m): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2013
*In Mase's voice* welcome back , welcome back , welcome back
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 19, 2013
Waoh! It keeps getting better
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by nwanjilove(m): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2013
hahahahahahahahahahah i was waiting for you first insult hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

plainmirror:

C'mon shaarraaap thr!
I say shut up
Hw dis thread tk concern ASUU+government+oyibo ppl+a graduate of 29yrs ehh?
Ʊ wan come here claim i kind professor abi.
RUBBISH

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eunisam: 9:28am On Sep 19, 2013
Better you realized that your actions toward Maria was not justifiable. Time to amend.
Dont keep us waiting or else we will flood the pages.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Razzy01(m): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2013
9ice 1
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by timifakay(m): 10:41am On Sep 19, 2013
Thanks to Mazi_Omenuko who made oga Zubby write his wonderful life experiences. Much appreciation to oga Zubby for taking so much pain to share his life and times.
Been reading atleast 5 pages very morning for about 2 weeks before i got here, i have a lot to ask for, but all i will ask for is next chapter!

3 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 19, 2013
Oga Zubby, these your storey is geting more confusing with each update......

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by bigx(m): 11:50am On Sep 19, 2013
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by kunlesehan(m): 12:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
Zubby e don tey since u check ur email o. no word from Jennifer and Efuah ur Ghanaian baby momma.
and that smallie at the cybercafe she neva ripe reach to receive vaccination from ur census board? ... lol
keep up the good work bro. u're keeping us entertained and also reminding some of us the good lessons of life.
Your autobiography is worth every accolade it receives.

5 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by 1forall: 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
kunlesehan: that smallie at the cybercafe she neva ripe reach to receive vaccination from ur census board?

grin grin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
bigx: https://www.facebook.com/zuby77
The facebook page is almost at par with the nairaland thread. Progress.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 2:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
Chapter 129

As the days went by, Maria started visiting me again. Although i made it known to her that there would be no sex. I lied to her that i was on a two months sex fasting and would not break that. It was a divine call, i had told her.
There was the urge to tell her that i was the person who took her money and her phone but it wasn't clear to me what her reactions was going to be. Therefore i held on to the secret.

One evening, i got a call from Baba. According to him, one of his gang members was planning an attack on me. He was the guy who refused the money i gave them and insisted that i share the money equally.

I asked Baba to send me his number. He did.
In a bid to buy some time, i told Baba that there was aready a Job.
'' A friend of mine will bring some money to me. The amount is N120,000. I am going to direct him to a place where the money will be taken from him'' i had told Baba.

I called his friend who was planning to attack me.
''Hello, Baba gave me your number. Did he tell you that another job is coming up'' i had asked.
He insisted that i must settle the first one before anything else. The dude was tough.
Meanwhile, when i told him the job would yield N120,000, he calmed down. I also told him that he would get the balance of the first job after we pulled the second one.
I believed that right inside his mind, he had planned on how to take the whole N120,000 and gave me nothing.

After talking to the tough guy, i called Jude and told him what i had planned to do. I told him that i needed him to act as the guy who would be bringing me the N120,000 but he refused. He was scared that there could be shoot out and a stray bullet could find its way to his body. I understood him.

After many minutes of thinking, i went downstairs to a bar where i was the day Maria was attacked. There was a Benin boy who i frequently saw there. We were not friends but i had bought atleaset Four bottles of drinks for him in the past weeks.
He wasn't there when i came and after over two hours of waiting, i left a message with the beer parlour owner. I gave him my number and asked him to tell the boy to call me.

The call came an hour and half later.
His name was Luke. Luke was from Edo state. I had forgotten the name of his town.
We met at a chicken restaurant down the road.

'' Some area boys attacked my girlfriend last week and took her money and phone. I tracked them down and want to set them up'' i had told Luke.
He wanted to know how that was his business.
While we sipped our JW, i told him that i had been to Germany and that i knew a lot of people over there. Naturaly, he wanted to visit Germany too but knew nobody there and didn't even have the money to get the visa.
'' well you know me now and one day, an opportunity will come out and before you know it, you could be in Germany. I want to set those boys up tomorrow or next. I will find them and tell them to come to a place where police would capture them''
I said.
'' I will tell them that somebody is coming to deliver money there and will ask them to take the money from him. This is where you come in. I am going to pay you for this small job. You will go to the Place by 7:30pm. The police will be there before you but they will hide in the corner. I have told them about the plan, so you have nothing to fear'' i concluded.

He was scared but when i announced that he would get N10,000 for that, he agreed.

When he left, i walked to a recharge card vendor and bought two sim cards.
The price of sim card had dropped dramatically to N300.
When i got home, i called Baba and told him that the job would be on the night of the following day. I also called his friend later who confirmed that Baba had told him. I tactically haggled on the phone over how the money would be shared. Eventually we agreed that the money would be divided into 4. Three for them and one for me.

I removed the simcard, put the new Glo sim and called the DPO.
I put the phone into a plastic bucket and covered the bucket with a towel, then i spoke inside the bucket while the speakout mode was activated.
Since i had always called the DPO 'officer', i changed the name to 'Master'. I also switched from Queen's English to pidgin. I had decided to make many mistakes.

'' hello, this is the DPO''
'' Master, i get a tip of thieves for you. area boys them dey plan to steal money tomorrow for Surulere here''

He asked how i got his number and why i wanted to tip them. I told him that he had locked me up before and that i was a member of the area boys gang but had repented since i was recently released from prison.

He wanted to ask more questions but i switched the phone off.
I removed the simcard and put the previous one back. All those while, i had been calling the DPO, chukwudi, Maria, my friends and relatives with my first MTN number, the sim was on my Motorola razor.
I also had the simcard that was on my Nokia phone that i used to communicate with the area boys. From the moment they slapped me, i knew that it would be better to create their own World for them.

The following day came faster than other days. I met with Luke at the beer Parlour and gave him a small bag containing nothing. Then i went up to the upper Adetola street and located the perfect scene. It was a junction of a street that busted out to Adetola. There was a fence at the north side of the junction that was half fallen. No direct electric light and it was isolated to some extent.
The bike man who took me there told me the name of the bus stop.

When i told Baba where the Job would happen, he said he knew the place. I told them that the money bearer would arrive between 8 and 8:30.
When i bucket-called the police again, i told them to hang around the area between 7 and 7:30. It was a gamble since the police and the area boys could collide before the arrival of the money. But however it happened there was going to be some fight between them.

By 6:30, i drove past the area with a bike, everywhere was calm as if the gods of the area knew that something could happen there soon. Down the road on the left, there was a quiet bar where a few people had gathered to drink. I joined them but sat a few meters away from them where nobody could hear what i was saying.

The Police came first. I saw three of them walked past me on mufti. I recognized them pretty well as they walked past the bar and down to the junction i had told them. Rather than hiding behind the half fallen fence as i had expected, they knocked on a private house across the road opposite the bus stop and entered. I didn't see any gun with them and i wondered how they were going to capture Baba and his gang with bare hands.

When the police were out of sight, i called the money bag to start coming to the bus stop. I told him to come to the bus stop and stand there as if waiting for somebody.

I called Baba immediately and told him that the money bag was on the way to the bus stop. We talked about the sharing formula once more but he promised me not to fear, he said i will get my share. He was the leader now and was the decider of how we shared out things since i had taken the Maria money alone.

''Don't move'' a voice said behind me. It was from a man who was at the bar before me. He had seen me talking on the phone and suspected that i could be a criminal. I slowly stood up with my hands on my head as he searched me quickly.
I thought he was a criminal until he produced an ID card. He was a police man. The forces had surrounded the area long before my arrival. Luckily for me, he didn't hear what i had said on the phone. After apologizing to me, i paid for my drink and walked out. A bike took me towards the opposite direction. I heard some gun shots about three minutes later, it was from that area i had just left. I called Maria and drove to her place.

As i sat down, i removed the simcard on the Nokia phone and broke it into pieces. I also broke the simcard that i used in calling the police. I put a new simcard on the phone and searched for the phone numbers. Every Alaye or unregistered number was wiped out, the same happened to the DPO's number.

I slept with Maria in her Place that night, half expecting my cousin to call and tell me that the area boys or the police had come for me. He didn't call.
When i called him, he didn't mention anything about police or area boys.
On my way home that morning, i told the bike to go through Kilo.
As we drove past the area, we saw some police vehicles with a few handcuffed young men. I didn't know those group but they must have been affliated to the area boys. There was no need to be in a haste. The news would come sooner or later.
I was right. Luke was released from the Police station. He had been taken along with the area boys. He had been interrogated but he didn't mention me. I didn't trust him anyway, so i paid him his money and left.

" It is better to be high-spirited even
though one makes more mistakes,
than to be narrow-minded and all too
prudent."

34 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by dandollaz: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
Zubby d virus,ozondigbo 1 na Berlin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by manshyne(m): 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2013
Right on Track. Just what i need now... Thanks Zubby.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Walexz02(m): 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2013
Thank God I was able to catch up once again...
Too many hypocrites. here on nairaland bro, thank you for ignoring them.
I am following. now pumper to pumper...
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by drnairalov: 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
hmm..see as me and my friend Damian dey analyse this story...loool is more fun when u knw sum1 personally reading the story.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Screwface(m): 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2013
My Oga Zubby, see as your "revenge mode" put more than 20 people lives for danger ba? Police men, the money bag, area boys, and all these na just to revenge slap? Nawa o.
Thank God say you don change sha.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
Screwface: My Oga Zubby, see as your "revenge mode" put more than 20 people lives for danger ba? Police men, the money bag, area boys, and all these na just to revenge slap? Nawa o.

The slap wasn't really the reason. I just wanted to put confusion in alaye kingdom.
Yea, the slap was part of it anyway.
I hate turning the other cheek.

3 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
Screwface: My Oga Zubby, see as your "revenge mode" put more than 20 people lives for danger ba? Police men, the money bag, area boys, and all these na just to revenge slap? Nawa o.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Cikoloko(m): 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hmmmmmmm
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 10:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
ZUBY77:

The slap wasn't really the reason. I just wanted to put confusion in alaye kingdom.
Yea, the slap was part of it anyway.
I hate turning the other cheek.
the boss thank you.

still waiting before we call it a daygrin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by siempere(m): 11:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
omo shun...#9(refresh key)4 dis ma nokia don see wiii...dis nite...make i go sleep...oga Zubby...2mrrw go betta...ooh..inugo!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.