Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,021 members, 7,953,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:02 AM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (738908 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by siempere(m): 11:48pm On Sep 19, 2013
omo shun...#9(refresh key)4 dis ma nokia don see wiii...dis nite...make i go sleep...my people....oga Zubby...2mrrw go betta...ooh..inugo!!!!!!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by siempere(m): 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
wow...nah me open new page...mehn dats exhilarating....jooor...Gd nite again....pals..
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eunisam: 7:36am On Sep 20, 2013
This alaye episode has not finished oh!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eunisam: 7:43am On Sep 20, 2013
I need more drama, live action of the alaye-police-zuby episode.you may say am greedy but its cos i like it ooh. I am not a kidnapper but i just learnt how to voice change my call. Bucket calling.lol. Afam4u are you following?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by lukfame(m): 8:11am On Sep 20, 2013
SONG OF VICTORY...READ TILL THE LAST PAGE FOR JUST TWO DAYS.......thanks for the story ZuBBy......
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 8:16am On Sep 20, 2013
eunisam: I need more drama, live action of the alaye-police-zuby episode.you may say am greedy but its cos i like it ooh. I am not a kidnapper but i just learnt how to voice change my call. Bucket calling.lol. Afam4u are you following?
Who be Afam4u?
Is he one of the alaye?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 10:56am On Sep 20, 2013
Chapter 130.

October 2006, a major police raid had occurred in Surulere Lagos Nigeria. The targets were the self crowned owners of the area known as the area boys.
Among the people captured were Kola, a popular gangster who had terrorized Kilo and its environs, Baba and numerous others. During the raid which started when the Police rescued a young man whose bag had been snatched, one of the area boys had attempted to escape. The police had shot at him, wounding him on his right leg which rendered him incapacitated.

For many days after the raid, a kind of quietness had descended on Surulere. Nobody knew how the police got the tip off where the area boys used as their hideouts. Nobody knew how the police got the tips on where to ambush the petty thieves.
Nobody except Ozoigbondu. I had pictured a situation where Baba and his two friends would be captured while trying to take the bag from Luke but it seemed the police had other plans. Things had escalated beyond control which resulted in more raids. Perhaps one of the people captured had told the police where their hideouts were located.

Fear had started to grip me finally and my survival instinct told me that it was time to move.
From the very moment i returned from Maria's place to the following three days, i didn't leave my apartment. I was unbelievably scared for the first time. I knew that if any of the area boys in Police custody talked, i could be rounded up by the Police any moment.

As a result, i would wake up as early as 4am and stood near the window, looking out for any slight movement. I was mostly on the look out for the area boys. They could have also known that i had a hand in what happened in their little territory.

Four days after, i told my cousin that i was leaving town. The problem however was that i didn't know where to run to. I had ruled out the East because i didn't want to go down there. I wanted to stay close to Lagos for visa purposes. I didn't know much about Ibadan, i had been there back in 2001 but i knew nobody there. I had been to Ekiti state as well but that was way back in 2002. I didn't know anybody there too.

After careful deliberations, i decided to stay back in Lagos but that would be in another area. Surulere was already hot for me and i had the feeling that it was only a matter of time before the police or the area boys turned to me.

I had packed a few cloths, shoes, toiletries and some other important items into a large traveling bag and dragged it down to my vehicle in the night. I was scared to leave at night, therefore i waited until the early morning. Before 6am, i had left my house and entered a bike to Cele bus stop along oshodi-apapa highway. During the long bike ride out of Surulere to Cele bus stop, i had expected a bullet to hit my back but i managed to survive those horrible moments.
The previous night, i had called Okey in Jakande estate and told him to wait in the house for me. When i got to his house, he asked why i didn't come with car.

I lied to him that i wasn't in the mood for the morning driving and gave him the keys to go and pick it up. He had visited me once in surulere, therefore he knew the way to my house. He left to go and get the car while i sat in his parlour.
As i wondered what to do next, i also reflect on the things i had done in the past few weeks. I had done enough things that could have gotten me jailed or killed. My plans seemed to have worked all the time but i also knew that things didn't naturally work that way. It was only a matter of time before one plan go horribly wrong and i would be captured with a net that i could not be able to wriggle my way out of.
I slept.

Okey returned with the car after over an hour. When he came upstairs, i asked him to return down to the car and walk around the area to check if he had been followed. He wanted to know why i expected him to be followed but i only told him that there were not many such BMW models in te area which meant that he could have been followed.
When he returned, he claimed there was nothing suspicious.

I went down and picked up my bag, then covered the car with its taupolin. It was time to lay low for a while. I was fast turning to a runner once more just like back in Portugal.

I called my cousin and told him that i left the house and that i was in Jakande Estate. I told him to be careful down there in Surulere. He assured me that nothing would happen to him. According to him, his God would never allow anything to happen to him.
Of course faith was required.
'' just be careful'' i had told him.

I had decided that i would not go out for days but when it was evening, i got bored and walked out to the cybercafe near the Jakande estate gate. There was no free space in the cafe, therefore i walked across the road to eat some food. I was hungry.
The Igbo woman who owned the restaurant wasn't around but her two beautiful daughters were there. I had instantly picked on both of them but i needed to make my move on only one at a time.
First things first, i asked what they had.

'' we have foofoo, garri, semo and wheat. Bitteleaf, egusi and vegetable'' one of them had said.

Right from my childhood, i was trained to eat anything. I grew up eating foofoo and garri but at that moment in that restaurant, in front of those girls, i was not going to touch foofoo -Akpu. Mbanu!.
How could i eat that smelly food in front of those girls. I was going to play the Nigeria styled big boy.

'' give me wheat and vegetable'' i had said.

'how many meat'' the taller one asked.
Her name was Uzoma.

'' put four'' i said.

I knew that four was above the Nigeria standard. The general standard in Nigeria was two, irrespective of the sizes.

When the food arrived, the meats were packed in a different plate. I didn't know the sizes before requesting. I had thought that it was the normal small size that costed N50 each but i was wrong. There on the large plate were four large meats, each the size of a child's head.
'' uhm Uzoma, this is too much'' i said pointing at the meat.
''how did you know my name'' she said while smiling.
I told her that i just heard her friend called her.

''she is my sister, not my friend'' she protested.

'' remove three meats there and give me one'' i said.

'' you for tell me you no get money naa'' she said and laughed. Apparently it was a joke but i decided to twist it to my advantage.

'' Na when i come to marry you, you go know if i get money or not'' i said.

''hahahaha, you, come to marry who, i day craze to marry you abi, you no go go find your level'' she said as she took the plate of meat away.
When she returned, she dropped the plate containing one meat and left.
Uzoma had made her point. I was not in the same level as her. She was on a higher level and i could only get to her if i elevated myself to her level.

I slowly ate my food, washed my hands and paid. I returned to the cafe and bought a 30 minute voucher.
Inside my yahoo mailbox, numerous new mails were arranged in the order of their arrivals. As i scrolled down to start from the first one, my eyes caught Chiamaka from Ojo. I opened it. She said she had tried calling me but i didn't answer. According to her, she had celebrated her 18th birthday two weeks ago and wanted me to come.
I ignored it.

I read through the other mails. Efuah didn't send any mail and so was Agnes. My inbox was full of spam mails. I deleted them and opened yahoo messenger. Chief Mrs Amaka Eze was online.

''hello, did you see my mail'' she sent.

'happy birthday' i replied.

She asked where i was and said she would like to see me. I agreed to see her the upper week but refused to tell her where i was.

When i left the cafe, i called Elizabeth. She was happy to hear that i was back at jakande. She had gone to buy food stuffs at Celebrity bus stop and would come when she returned.

I called Rose in Port Harcourt. She said i was wicked and had stopped answering her calls. I apologized.

I called Liz in Aba. She was happy to hear from me and said she would like to see me again soon.

Irene said she would come when i wanted.
Daisy said i had changed from me to something else. Call girl said she won't have time to leave her business and go anywhere.
Petrol girl asked who i was.
Stella still had grudges but said she had forgiven what i did to her because of God.

After placing the calls to my numerous concubines, i watched the TV until Elizabeth called and said she was at the door.

" An Atheist believes that a hospital
should be built instead of a church.
An atheist believes that deed must be
done instead of prayer said. An
atheist strives for involvement in life
and not escape into death. He wants
disease conquered, poverty vanished,
war eliminated."

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 20, 2013
Nice to see fear appeared in this episode, this is why a true story beats fiction anytime, any day.

P.S. Zubby that atheist you described is a choleric personality it has nothing to do with his religious orientation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by kentochi(m): 11:21am On Sep 20, 2013
That means you want to start from where you stop with all those ur babies lets see how it unfold.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Therock5555(m): 11:24am On Sep 20, 2013
Chai this nigerian/american film sweet o

so na zubby don turn to actor wey no wan die.

Na which title i go give am now.
*Thinking*

Yes, oga zubby ur new name na,

STEVEN SEAGULL
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by donigspain(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2013
lari03: Nice to see fear appeared in this episode, this is why a true story beats fiction anytime, any day.

P.S. Zubby that atheist you described is a choleric personality it has nothing to do with his religious orientation.
You come across as one in the social science field. Good point there. Those are the major thought pattern of an average choleric.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by nuelkaosi(m): 11:53am On Sep 20, 2013
"There on
the large plate were four large meats, each the size
of a child's head". Choi Zubby u funny die grin"

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by komek(m): 12:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
These Atheists have a way of preaching their gospel.

Must times they come with stories like what Zubby is dishing out here.

Una dey try sha. Good job.

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by blackmamba1st: 1:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
ZUBY77:
" An Atheist believes that a hospital
should be built instead of a church.
."

hmmmmmm... they both collect money for services rendered.
I won't be surprised if the biblical good samaritan made heaven.
You see at the end it is not our religion, but our behaviour that matters.
Zubby's tale is a classic. good or bad nobody can tell, it all depends on the eyes reading it and the mind making sense of it.

God bless u bro. and mr. foxy more poems pls.
happy weekend y'all. we all need it.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by FoxyFlow(m): 2:05pm On Sep 20, 2013
blackmamba1st:

hmmmmmm... they both collect money for services rendered.
I won't be surprised if the biblical good samaritan made heaven.
You see at the end it is not our religion, but our behaviour that matters.
Zubby's tale is a classic. good or bad nobody can tell, it all depends on the eyes reading it and the mind making sense of it.

God bless u bro. and mr. foxy more poems pls.
happy weekend y'all. we all need it.

You know how many people my poem dey provoke? But since na on request, I go dig into my archive go bring one out

3 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Abujabir24: 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hmm zuby the atheist. Why is that anytime I come across igbo men, they always try to out smart others? Zuby has been showing peeps that he possesses sense more than them. But How come I do figure out all their (igbo ) moves? That means they aren't smart. A saying that says "once u figure out u re trying to be outmaneuvered or fooled by someone, makes that person the fool"
Zuby my question is please How much is ur car's price now? I would like to buy it next year. is it advisable to buy the exact type? Thanks......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by FoxyFlow(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abujabir24: Hmm zuby the atheist. Why is that anytime I come across igbo men, they always try to out smart others? Zuby has been showing peeps that he possesses sense more than them. But How come I do figure out all their (igbo ) moves? That means they aren't smart. A saying that says "once u figure out u re trying to be outmaneuvered or fooled by someone, makes that person the fool"
Zuby my question is please How much is ur car's price now? I would like to buy it next year. is it advisable to buy the exact type? Thanks......

Hey... You better not tribalize this thread. I go mess you up if you repeat this kind statement. angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eunisam: 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
To be Continue....
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by plainmirror(m): 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
Foxy_Flow: While we wait for Oga Zuby, enjoy this picture. Naija and Yoruba film.
Guy seriously Ʊ 4 kukuma cari dis U̶̲̥̅̊я dry pics joke go comedy section eeehh!
Ʊ wan turn dis thread to a tribal warfront?
As for U̶̲̥̅̊я poems bro believe me it is BULLSHIT. Lacks rhymes $ rythm, always offpoint and nothin to decode frm it .

6 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by FoxyFlow(m): 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
plainmirror:
Guy seriously Ʊ 4 kukuma cari dis U̶̲̥̅̊я dry pics joke go comedy section eeehh!
As for U̶̲̥̅̊я poems bro believe me it is BULLSHIT. Lacks rhymes $ rythm, always offpoint and nothin to decode frm it .

If you want rhyme, I will give you rhymes, if you want pattern, I will give you pattern.

For your information, I am a Computer Engineer, not an Art student. Relax

11 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by king555(m): 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
oga zubby.....we are waiting ooooooooo
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by wwwtortoise(m): 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
plainmirror:
I think say na only ne dey notice †нэ clueless poems oo .

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2013

4 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by FoxyFlow(m): 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
gynphobia: @ Foxy_Flow: Dude, when will you pull the plug on this stunt of yours? I'll honestly advise you to try build follower-ship for yourself on your own thread and stop leveraging on the hard work put in by someone else. Bros I beg, I take God beg you I'm sick and tired of having your so called B.S. poems in my face on this thread. If you need to write or brush-up your writing skills, then start a new thread.

You make me laugh... I wonder why I have the time to reply you guys today.

Another thing, I'm not looking on how to brush my writing skill. All this you are saying aint shaking me. I know you might not like the poem or my personality but who gives a damn? Definitely not me. I have my followership already. I am a reader like you and the poems are my comments. Abi you forget say "Report" button still dey? Report me and move on jor grin

8 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

You make me laugh... I wonder why I have the time to reply you guys today.

Another thing, I'm not looking on how to brush my writing skill. All this you are saying aint shaking me. I know you might not like the poem or my personality but who gives a damn? Definitely not me. I have my followership already. I am a reader like you and the poems are my comments. Abi you forget say "Report" button still dey? Report me and move on jor grin

Shut the Fuucck up.You this outrageously incorrigible barbarian and a nefarious all-befouling derelict whose birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory.What are you feeling like? Why the hell do you have to be posting your rubbish poems here?You even have the gut to tell Zubby how to write his own story.Don't you have your own thread? Niggah you are a bad writer,just a shame you don't know it yet.Stick your fuuucking poems in ur asssss niggah.Yo Zubby tell this i.diot to stop posting his rubbish on your thread.We are all here to read your story,not some lame asss poems from a pitiful sideshow freak.

25 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Therock5555(m): 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
p investigator:

Shut the Fuucck up.You this outrageously incorrigible barbarian and a nefarious all-befouling derelict whose birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory.What are you feeling like? Why the hell do you have to be posting your rubbish poems here?You even have the gut to tell Zubby how to write his own story.Don't you have your own thread? Niggah you are a bad writer,just a shame you don't know it yet.Stick your fuuucking poems in ur asssss niggah.Yo Zubby tell this i.diot to stop posting his rubbish on your thread.We are all here to read your story,not some lame asss poems from a pitiful sideshow freak.

Pls dude leave foxy alone.

Insult for him head dey like water off a ducks back, e no go affect am.

Stay calm and skip his poems if u no lyk am while waiting for the director general zubby to upload.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Abujabir24: 5:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

Hey... You better not tribalize this thread. I go mess you up if you repeat this kind statement. angry
What is that nonsense statement of urs suppose to mean?
The last time I checked, u ain't my brigade commander, nor my sector commander, nor my director, nor even my manager so u re in no position to give me orders. I have rights the way have rights so let's respect each other.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by blackmamba1st: 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
p investigator:

Shut the Fuucck up freak.

o boy u've got some attitude prob. me thinks u need anger management. or ur just joking?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by adegwurulez(m): 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
nawa o, errbody's nerves are frayed, dats understandable buh do we always hv to insult one anoda to prove a point?? as for foxy's poems, last tym i checked zubby gave him a go-ahead so why the attitude y'al av got to chill

6 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by blackmamba1st: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
Foxy_Flow: WATCH THE ROAD WELL
Destiny is a map that preludes you
It is your footstep that takes you there

FEAR FACTOR!!![/b]

o boy am I honoured. thanks a million.
I read it and I went out to do some dancing in the rain.
but seriously ur words are deep bro. it got me thinking.
we only recognize what our hearts and minds already know until then we gotta watch the road very well.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.