Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (722825 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by missylizzy(f): 8:45am On Aug 28, 2014
Abeg who get Nokia lumia charger
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 8:50am On Aug 28, 2014
Edipee: Oga Zubby, how can I subscribe for globalruns since I dont have a Mastercard?

I have my phone number written on global runs plus here in my signature..
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by meexteriox(m): 8:55am On Aug 28, 2014
Firearm: Can't believe all I have read so far from you guys.

Cut the young man some slack guys. He has really put in so much effort in writing. I always look forward to reading 2 updates every evening.

500 can be too small or too big depending on your point of view. For me, it's worth reading.

Exactly my point. For goodness sake, it's his story, his life, he can decide to close down Globalruns for crying out loud. You go find am come house to force am to write?

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Geophem(m): 9:33am On Aug 28, 2014
meexteriox:

Exactly my point. For goodness sake, it's his story, his life, he can decide to close down Globalruns for crying out loud. You go find am come house to force am to write?
bros u ar getting it wrong, no one says 500 naira is too much as a matter of fact virtually all of us here can afford it, bt d guy has a pet globalrun he wants to kill with his way of seeing things it has a way u generate profit for ur blogs not like this, linda ikeji, seun, coolval nd other bloggers make cool cash from adverts nd not by tasking dr followers....wait nd see globarun closed down if he continues ds way afterall if he doesnt write others will do with a better story

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by missstella(f): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2014
Geophem: bros u ar getting it wrong, no one says 500 naira is too much as a matter of fact virtually all of us here can afford it, bt d guy has a pet globalrun he wants to kill with his way of seeing things it has a way u generate profit for ur blogs not like this, linda ikeji, seun, coolval nd other bloggers make cool cash from adverts nd not by tasking dr followers....wait nd see globarun closed down if he continues ds way afterall if he doesnt write others will do with a better story
My dear globalruns is not going to close down, for goodness sake zubby is not forcing anybody to pay abi him carry gun put for ur head tell u say u must pay why can't we reason like human being sometimes, one thing u are yet to understand is that without you globalruns will still be functioning

3 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Josh316(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2014
orobs93: Lol but mumu too full dis country,some people were so addicted and believed every single thing this Zubby of a guy typed,I wonder in dis modern age.some even defended Him calling it a through life story...the way He remembered every bus station and train station surprised me,d way He gets its time correct surprised me as if e jumped back into time to get all the details needed for His life story.The way He F *u*c*Ks every gal dat came His way makes me wonder,if He was casanova or one Aphrodisiac dat attracts women and turns dem on immediately...even You "zubby" said don't believe anything or trust everything even though its coming from ur own heart.there were a lot of film tricks abi writing tricks,d way E won all is battles,d way E revenged all HIS missions...conclusion You are a very good writer,and were I had problem with you is claiming everything happened to you,and you did everything...I would have really loved it if u had,just called it a story...u had ur own RULES,we in nairaland also do have our own RULES one of them is"Pictures or I do not believe" u av something upstairs...but for the subscription..I would suggest u bring d price down to 50 or 100 naira,I think that's fair enuf rather dan dat ur 500naira fee...no hard feelings one love bro...I enjoyed the write up.

And here is the champion of all brain dead imbeciles!!!

The type of sick kids on the internet is the reason the internet should be tied to one's real birth certificate and a full psychiatric evaluation...

Nairaland is DEAD with these type of amoebic potty brains

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Geophem(m): 10:37am On Aug 28, 2014
missstella: My dear globalruns is not going to close down, for goodness sake zubby is not forcing anybody to pay abi him carry gun put for ur head tell u say u must pay why can't we reason like human being sometimes, one thing u are yet to understand is that without you globalruns will still be functioning
indeed u ar reasong like a human being, he hasnt forced me to follow him right from d time he started writing on mazi's topic nd blog, get a brain woman, it has a normal way some specific business are run...let him follow d line and u will see globalrun thriving more than establishd blogs in years....cheers

3 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by temhab(f): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2014
@Josh
My brother I tire ooooooo. Some Nigerians will just
complain over everything,yet dey aint anyway beta
in anything.
It's not a must for you to subscribe
If you know you can't pay move on with your life
Quote me and die

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Coldplay007(f): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2014
temhab: @Josh
My brother I tire ooooooo. Some Nigerians will just
complain over everything,yet dey aint anyway beta
in anything.
It's not a must for you to subscribe
If you know you can't pay move on with your life
Quote me and die
grin.. Lol... DIE
You don't seem to understand our point.
Assuming a lot of people subscribe for globalruns.. let's say max 500 people... that's 250000 naira per month.
Globalruns has the potential to be better than that.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by meexteriox(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Coldplay007:
grin.. Lol... DIE
You don't seem to understand our point.
Assuming a lot of people subscribe for globalruns.. let's say max 500 people... that's 250000 naira per month.
Globalruns has the potential to be better than that.

Yes, I can't understand u because u sound dumb.
See u turning into an accountant on someone else life experience. Calculate d money. Do u need scientific calculator?
D writer said he wants Globalruns to sustain itself, na crime? I dnt have money to subscribe Is simple enough, why resort to all manner of ueless POV gibberish.
Its nt as if its even compulsory, so why all d beef?

4 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by UnknownT: 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lol! Lol!! Lol!!! I am or I was one of ur ardent/regular "commentators"(akarolo) on d site. And one of the reasons i made sure i leave a comment weather reasonable or unreasonable in any update is i was of d opinion that each comment attracts a revenue to d online account of the site, so i felt that was my own little ways of appreciating the lead runner. Zuby77, where do u plan to see globalrun in the next 3 years? You said the story can last upto 2 years, what happens after the end of the story? Will it mark the closure of the site? U started copying news like other blogs do, do u plan turning it to be like nairaland(this should attract more comments on each news) or just like ordinary gossip blog? Inasmuch as u are thinking about the present, still bear in mind about the future.
For the subscription, lol, i cant subscribe with my card(u already know the reason), maybe when i am "ready to" subscribe, u will have to do that manually for me. For now, safe journey as u guys run, i will hopefully catch up with an usain bolt speed.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by orobs93(m): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
As u just big reach so u nor get sense zubby's disciple make I tank am 4 catching madam GRACE...d story sweet u well well oh,u can follow him to were ever He goes,but u can PM me so that we can know WHO is poor...and for that statement u ave typed ...karma owes u ur punishment.

meexteriox:
Your foolishness knows no bound. Na by force for u to subscribe? Did he come to ur miserable home to force to subscribe. We are nt concerned if u bliv d story or nt. Are u enjoying d story is d question.
because ur retentive memory has collapsed does nt mean other people's own is nt still sharp. Dats why u will continue to grovel at dis level. Instead to gather all your community to give d young man anb award for exposing d evil Madam, u are here spewing unreasonable gibberish. Idiot
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by guyANDROID1: 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Josh316:

And here is the champion of all brain dead imbeciles!!!

The type of sick kids on the internet is the reason the internet should be tied to one's real birth certificate and a full psychiatric evaluation...

Nairaland is DEAD with these type of amoebic potty brains

LOL smiley LOL smiley
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eleven(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
@Zuby,

I stumbled on this thread some weeks ago and it keep me running for 3 weeks to catch with the early runners.

Noticed some days back to continue running I need to subscribe and have been trying to see the motivation behind the idea.

Honestly you are a fantastic writer and a great one to hold a non reader like myself for this long, your stories are intriguing, full of suspense, actions with a lot of lessons. The way you describe Europe in your stories is so real. Your story will make a good block buster movie anytime, any day.

Personally, I don't have any issues subscribing to continue my race in fact I tried and it linked me to paypal confusing me a bit. However I think your subscription move is not sustainable in the long run, what you stand to loose in the long run is more than your short time benefit.

I remember some years back, punch newspaper tried this same strategy but had to change their position when they saw the negative effects of it.

I believe what should be most important to your site for now is how to continuously and consistently build traffic. The more traffic you generate over time, the more attractive it becomes for adverts purpose.

I would rather suggest you consider voluntary contribution option to subscription. You can put a button on the site for voluntary contributions where it's easily seen to generate funds for your site as a short term plan.

Also please stop responding to angry runners in like manner, they have a right to be angry because they are concerned and genuinely want Global runs to succeed just like you.

Remember you are the lead runner here and the boss, the great Ozoigbondu1, if we loose respect for you here as a person, it will indirectly affect the lead character in your story and the story as a whole. Nuff Respect Boss...Salute!

9 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by meexteriox(m): 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
orobs93:
As u just big reach so u nor get sense zubby's disciple make I tank am 4 catching madam GRACE...d story sweet u well well oh,u can follow him to were ever He goes,but u can PM me so that we can know WHO is poor...and for that statement u ave typed ...karma owes u ur punishment.

If d story no sweet u, why u dey grumble like pikin wey dem collect feeding bottle for him mouth?
Ohhhhh u mention Madam Grace? Guy wake up from ur deep slumber, u no dey carry back go anywhere.
Talking of Karma, ur punishment pass because u no get one single value for dis world wey u come. Karma go punish u because
u are worthless. PM u? because u be who? Make Olokun grind ur balls to powder diaaaaaaaaa
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
eleven: @Zuby,

I stumbled on this thread some weeks ago and it keep me running for 3 weeks to catch with the early runners.

Noticed some days back to continue running I need to subscribe and have been trying to see the motivation behind the idea.

Honestly you are a fantastic writer and a great one to hold a non reader like myself for this long, your stories are intriguing, full of suspense, actions with a lot of lessons. The way you describe Europe in your stories is so real. Your story will make a good block buster movie anytime, any day.

Personally, I don't have any issues subscribing to continue my race in fact I tried and it linked me to paypal confusing me a bit. However I think your subscription move is not sustainable in the long run, what you stand to loose in the long run is more than your short time benefit.

I remember some years back, punch newspaper tried this same strategy but had to change their position when they saw the negative effects of it.

I believe what should be most important to your site for now is how to continuously and consistently build traffic. The more traffic you generate over time, the more attractive it becomes for adverts purpose.

I would rather suggest you consider voluntary contribution option to subscription. You can put a button on the site for voluntary contributions where it's easily seen to generate funds for your site as a short term plan.

Also please stop responding to angry runners in like manner, they have a right to be angry because they are concerned and genuinely want Global runs to succeed just like you.

Remember you are the lead runner here and the boss, the great Ozoigbondu1, if we loose respect for you here as a person, it will indirectly affect the lead character in your story and the story as a whole. Nuff Respect Boss...Salute!

I like your post, so I will respond.
I said this last year, that I want globalruns.com to sustain itself.

Not that I can't do it but there is no encouragement in sponsoring the site after spending many hours daily to write with Nokia, edit, read again, transfer to another phone. Copy, paste, and make sure I did all this on a given time because someone out there is waiting to read.

This is stressful. I have never seen any writer who maintained the same system for a continuous 15 months without break.
Show me the writer.

Ask the house mates on our whatsapp group. They see me online at every hour of the night, just because I want my fans to have something to read the next day.

Every Nairaland member suddenly saw the potential of Global Runs making it big because I closed it down for subscription.

I know how the fans feel, trust me I do. But the stress is telling on me.
I decided to live alone since last year just to be able to write.
These are sacrifices I have been making.

If the amount I charged is much, give me suggestions..I will listen and consider, I m no machine.

But for the issue of opening up free, I need a perfect reason to do that.

I intend to pay Maria who has been telling me her story since December.
I promised her that.
I haven't even started writing her story.

I have a long way to go..I m even looking at 5 years because each passing day is a story of its own..

But to wait for advertisers is a no.
If anybody can get Global Runs a sponsor, I will open it.

7 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by osymerga(m): 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Oga Zuby,i suggest you bring it down to #100 per month for now.Let it be this amount for the mean time,after which you can gradually increase it with time. It is of paramount important to generate more traffic to site first before applying such fee.Start small first,and with time you will hit it big,thanks. Shalom

5 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by oladimeji101(m): 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
osymerga: Oga Zuby,i suggest you bring it down to #100 per month for now.Let it be this amount for the mean time,after which you can gradually increase it with time. It is of paramount important to generate more traffic to site first before applying such fee.Start small first,and with time you will hit it big,thanks. Shalom
I concor

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by madejibo: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
ZUBY77:

Not that I can't do it but there is no encouragement in sponsoring the site after spending many hours daily to write with Nokia, edit, read again, transfer to another phone. Copy, paste, and make sure I did all this on a given time because someone out there is waiting to read.

This is stressful. I have never seen any writer who maintained the same system for a continuous 15 months without break.
Show me the writer.

Ask the house mates on our whatsapp group. They see me online at every hour of the night, just because I want my fans to have something to read the next day.

Every Nairaland member suddenly saw the potential of Global Runs making it big because I closed it down for subscription.

If the amount I charged is much, give me suggestions..I will listen and consider, I m no machine.

I promised her that.

I have a long way to go..I m even looking at 5 years because each passing day is a story of its own..

Oga Zuby, I feel you, but you asking for subscription makes you look cheap. The truth about making money from blogs is a long term project, the truth is you haven't invested enough to attract sponsors, yes I will tell you the truth. You shouldn't rely on our 500 naira to get a laptop, by now you should have got a laptop, that's investment. Its a pity you are still typing from your phone. Imagine what you would have achieved if you had a laptop by now, you would by now written so much and pull more traffic. If you feel the stress is much for my brother quit, but asking for 500 is so cheap and myopic.

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eleven(m): 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
ZUBY77:

Show me the writer.

I promised her that.

I understand your position...it's a cache 22 situation, your site needs to generate funds so as to sustain itself, at the same time the site needs traffic to promote it and make it more popular which is quicker through free subscription.

One possible way out of it in my opinion is through voluntary contribution as I mentioned earlier. If I get a better suggestion later I will let you know.

Meanwhile how do I subscribe using online transfer?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by eleven(m): 8:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Sorry double post
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by madejibo: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
eleven:

I understand your position...it's a cache 22 situation, your site needs to generate funds so as to sustain itself, at the same time the site needs traffic to promote it and make it more popular which is quicker through free subscription.

One possible way out of it in my opinion is through voluntary contribution as I mentioned earlier. If I get a better suggestion later I will let you know.

Meanwhile how do I subscribe using online transfer?
He provided a pay portal on his site or send him recharge card. Both can't work for me cos I live outside naija.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by madejibo: 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
I posted my second to the last comment on Zuby's Whatsapp the guy deleted me straight, sad, so much for "I am open to ideas and criticisms" sad

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by upko: 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
grin Hello Runners
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
madejibo:
Oga Zuby, I feel you, but you asking for subscription makes you look cheap. The truth about making money from blogs is a long term project, the truth is you haven't invested enough to attract sponsors, yes I will tell you the truth. You shouldn't rely on our 500 naira to get a laptop, by now you should have got a laptop, that's investment. Its a pity you are still typing from your phone. Imagine what you would have achieved if you had a laptop by now, you would by now written so much and pull more traffic. If you feel the stress is much for my brother quit, but asking for 500 is so cheap and myopic.

If you believe zuby's crappy story that as old as he is, that he doesn't have a laptop, then you can believe anything including zuby claiming to be a Jack Bauer. The guy just wants to start hitting megabucks from that empty website with stories that lack substance, without realising that its not yet the ripe time for that.

4 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by upko: 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
DrDauda:

If you believe zuby's crappy story that as old as he is, that he doesn't have a laptop, then you can believe anything including zuby claiming to be a Jack Bauer. The guy just wants to start hitting megabucks from that empty website with stories that lack substance, without realising that its not yet the ripe time for that.
Guy you still dey vex oh! grin

You just wan use laugh finish me for here!! grin

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
upko: Guy you still dey vex oh! grin

You just wan use laugh finish me for here!! grin

Don't mind zuby77(fake jack bauer) grin

3 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
DrDauda:

Give me one reason why you are still here if not that you can't sleep without reading globalruns.com. it happens to me too. I wake up some days and wondered how I was able to do all this.

I found this out yesterday and offered to give you free access, you rejected it out of pride and stupidity.
I didn't employ you to teach me how to make money.

Tell me if you haven't learnt anything from my crappy Nonsense.

Ah! I started using laptop since 2005 back in Germany, so yes I have a lappy.

If you will just calm down, you can make suggestions like others and we the management of Global Runs can reconsider our position.
Don't think this whole thing was my idea alone.
Some people actually suggested that I close down entirely and role out movie series.
But because I m a born again Christian, I refused to starve my self and my fans this wonderful masterpiece.

If we can get a large number of people, willing to pay N1200 a year.. We will open up.
Atleast it will be enough to get us a decent dedicated server and other things we need to keep running.

Our server was getting over loaded. It was the major reason behind the shut down. I don't run contextual ads such as AdSense.

I want less people if you don't know.
You can wait for the books to be released in a year or so.

But if you must expect me to keep writing every single day, you must spare some change for the project . I pay for ebooks online all the time

And trust me..This story is just at the beginning.
When I said it last year, people thought I was joking.
. I have suddenly decided to write until I can write no more.

5 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by UnknownT: 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
UnknownT: Lol! Lol!! Lol!!! I am or I was one of ur ardent/regular "commentators"(akarolo) on d site. And one of the reasons i made sure i leave a comment weather reasonable or unreasonable in any update is i was of d opinion that each comment attracts a revenue to d online account of the site, so i felt that was my own little ways of appreciating the lead runner. Zuby77, where do u plan to see globalrun in the next 3 years? You said the story can last upto 2 years, what happens after the end of the story? Will it mark the closure of the site? U started copying news like other blogs do, do u plan turning it to be like nairaland(this should attract more comments on each news) or just like ordinary gossip blog? Inasmuch as u are thinking about the present, still bear in mind about the future.
For the subscription, lol, i cant subscribe with my card(u already know the reason), maybe when i am "ready to" subscribe, u will have to do that manually for me. For now, safe journey as u guys run, i will hopefully catch up with an usain bolt speed.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
Edipee: Oga Zubby, how can I subscribe for globalruns since I dont have a Mastercard?

Bank.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
ZUBY77:

Give me one reason why you are still here if not that you can't sleep without reading globalruns.com. it happens to me too. I wake up some days and wondered how I was able to do all this.

I found this out yesterday and offered to give you free access, you rejected it out of pride and stupidity.
I didn't employ you to teach me how to make money.

Tell me if you haven't learnt anything from my crappy Nonsense.

Ah! I started using laptop since 2005 back in Germany, so yes I have a lappy.

If you will just calm down, you can make suggestions like others and we the management of Global Runs can reconsider our position.
Don't think this whole thing was my idea alone.
Some people actually suggested that I close down entirely and role out movie series.
But because I m a born again Christian, I refused to starve my self and my fans this wonderful masterpiece.

If we can get a large number of people, willing to pay N1200 a year.. We will open up.
Atleast it will be enough to get us a decent dedicated server and other things we need to keep running.

Our server was getting over loaded. It was the major reason behind the shut down. I don't run contextual ads such as AdSense.

I want less people if you don't know.
You can wait for the books to be released in a year or so.

But if you must expect me to keep writing every single day, you must spare some change for the project . I pay for ebooks online all the time

And trust me..This story is just at the beginning.
When I said it last year, people thought I was joking.
. I have suddenly decided to write until I can write no more.

Nobody is saying u shouldn't make profit from globalruns, all we are saying is dat this isn't d right time; at least, u should have waited till season 10; abeg o, am a free minded person, most things I say on nairaland are just to be funny, don't take me seriously, but take this post seriously.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
DrDauda:

Nobody is saying u shouldn't make profit from globalruns, all we are saying is dat this isn't d right time; at least, u should have waited till season 10; abeg o, am a free minded person, most things I say on nairaland are just to be funny, don't take me seriously, but take this post seriously.

Why season 10? When I have already started making plans for season 14.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.