Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry (45556 Views)

Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2013
oche_ejemb:

Not true that the UK govt is responsible for Nigeria's 'poverty'. Our history of inept goverment is soley responsible for this

Your history of inept govt? - who made it possible for these inept leaders to gain power?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by erayo2GCA(m): 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
DJDOLA: I hear say dem dey plug money for tree in uk sha na tru?

na wetin my sister still tell me
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by BankuTilapia: 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
pboiskinpy: why go to the UK nowadaysunless u wan go see queen Eliza shaa*in the tone of the only man wey get Manshun for pineapple iceland -WE GIVE UUUPPP!!!*
We go to da UK cuz ders no bombings, we go to da UK cuz ders constant light ... grin cheesy... Do u want me to continue?

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by sweetcheecks(f): 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2013
9jadelta: how much ir 100 ground compared to 800 ground undecided

I think the UK must extend this to all African countries including SA. Why travel if you cannot afford? We need to sort our issues out. Hell, we have all the richies these countries could ever dream of.

Africans should stop begging for left overs from overeas countries, we have billionaires who are not sharing with their communities to uplift their countries but we expect Bill gate funds. Mxm

[size=20pt]
Now lets stop crying over spillt milk and go and cheer SUPER EAGLES on to beat spain and claim our dignity back.
GO SUPER EAGLES, RECLAIMING AFRICAS GLORY!!! wink [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
gunuvi: Nigeria is getting better. If they charge us the bond, we will apply same to them too. Tit for tat.
Small scale business in Naija is booming already so we don't need UK visas.
Tit for tat indeed. Nigeria should wake up.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Limaoscar: 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
I hear the thieves are already collecting 0ver N190K from Nigerians for 10 yrs visa already...and people still flock to get their visas...crap!
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by erayo2GCA(m): 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2013
Diasporan:
Did i hear you say France?France is as broke as Niger Republic.The Uk has been surviving majority of the EU citizens by opening his door to them to come and work.Without the UK most EU country will not be better than Somalia.Go ask peeps living in Hungary and Greece.

people dey stay hungary..wetin dem dey do for dat kind of country hungary, me wen like food go just die for dat kind country

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2013
Chinom:

Escape which 'poverty'. this 3000 pds was introduced for people like you. You have a very pathetic mindset. No sane person leaves Nigeria to the UK to " Escape poverty".Those who do that were already poor in Nigeria or just plain greedy. They wanted MORE.
Note that i mean those Nigerians who obtain a 3 months visitors visa only to disappear in the UK. Some Students too.

First of all the £3K doesn't apply to me because I have dual nationality (british and Nigerian) and hold two passports.

Why is my mindset pathetic? is it because you hate being told that you are poor?

99.99 % of Nigerians who leave Nigeria do so because they are poor and are looking for a better life abroad - no one who is well off leaves his country of origin to go and clean toilets, work as a waiter or sweep the streets in a foreign land if they are even moderately comfortable back home - please be aware that poverty is relative, what you may consider to be good living in Nigeria is likely to be termed poverty in the west.
The fact that less than 1% of the population live well does not cancel out the fact that the other 99% are struggling to live like human beings if you do not have access to the most basic human necessities of life which over 80% of Nigerians do not - you are poor .

7 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by BankuTilapia: 7:54pm On Jun 23, 2013
cap28: the british govt are responsible for keeping over 80% of nigerians in poverty - they have got Nigeria neck deep in debt, the money their banks make from the interest generated from these loans alone is what they are using to prop up their welfare state and provide a decent standard of livng for their own people while the vast majority of Nigerians live in poverty as if that isn't bad enough they now expect those who want to escape this poverty to part with a whopping £3,000 - how many average british people can afford to part with £3,000 for a visa?

Wot an absolute idiotttttt u r. So in ur BOKO brain u still think da British r responsible for Nigeria been a Godforsaken God damned shiiiiit hole.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by toshmann(m): 7:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
Ada Nri1: If Nigerian leaders had any respect for it's citizens they'll make that country better for her citizens, then most of them won't go visiting Britain in the hope of absconding.

Sorry, but your government is in cahoots with them. And the Brits know your govt doesn't care about you. We've all been sold out by our leaders. Just like the Slavs traders sold out our brothers and sisters 400yrs ago.

Just know it, we are on our own. sad
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by obi2012: 7:58pm On Jun 23, 2013
People still go to the uk?

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 23, 2013
And if they exceeded the six month limit, the £3000 will go to James BOND?
*uh, don't bite me was just kidding, close thread door silently behind me. Pick race*
meanwhile tv mode activated... 9ja vs Spain tinz.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 7:59pm On Jun 23, 2013
[quote author=Banku&Tilapia][/quote]

Symptoms of poor education and very low intellect : using abusive words to try and get point across instead of a reasoned argument
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 8:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
Nigerians say the UK is finished yet they flock a very horrible tourist destinations.

I see people going to the UK for tourism as mugus, why waste your money when there are better destinations?

The other funny thing is Nigerians say the "country is finished". A country with the assets the UK has cannot be finished. Their situation is not even quarter as bad as it is for Nigerians yet they moan daily about their economy, they moan about their politics, they ask questions about their cities, you have debates on critical issues.

I think it would be better you spend more time crying at yourselves rather than get worried over people who are miles ahead.

On the topic, I find it immoral to ask students to provide bonds for visas. I know elections are heating up and Mr Cameron is trying real hard to get into the hearts of the rightists who are worried about growing immigration. However, there should still be some decency in his policies.

4 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 8:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
toshmann:

Sorry, but your government is in cahoots with them. And the Brits know your govt doesn't care about you. We've all been sold out by our leaders. Just like the Slavs traders sold out our brothers and sisters 400yrs ago.

Just know it, we are on our own. sad

so spot on.

The average Nigerian has no clue that their govts are working hand in hand with Europe and America to keep them in a permanent state of misery and poverty.

what do the following all have in common? OBJ , IBB, Badluck Jonathan, Okonjo Iweala,

answer: they have all at some point in time collaborated with European and American banks to keep Nigeria neck deep in deb thereby ensuring that Nigeria's wealth is never used to benefit the Nigerian people but instead used to benefit Europe and America.

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by olewao: 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2013
chux76: Visitors from 'high risk' countries in Africa and Asia will have to put up a £3,000 cash bond to enter Britain.

A pilot scheme will target hundreds of people coming to Britain on six-month visit visas from India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Ghana, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

A second scheme will cover countries such as Kenya, considered to be lower-risk because have fewer doubts about migrants' plans to return home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2346756/Visitors-India-high-risk-countries-Asia-Africa-forced-pay-3-000-cash-bond-enter-UK.html#ixzz2X3G0wi98
Surely, why can't they impose this to all Africans so as we can start using our brains and put our houses in order?

£3,000 is small, they need to raise it to around £10,000 to make it sensible!

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by OCcool: 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
obadiah777: WELL DAYUMMM
Obadiah!!
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Eltonluigi(m): 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
how many percent interest would the bond yield?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by toshmann(m): 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
olewao:
Surely, why can't they impose this to all Africans so as we can start using our brains and put our houses in order?

£3,000 is small, they need to raise it to around £10,000 to make it sensible!

If Africans go home to build a strong Africa, countries like the UK which thrive on foreign money will collapse. They need Africans and the like to continually bring their money to the UK for "education", tourism etc.

A strong Africa/Asia/Latin-America = dilapidated UK

So they need immigration but they need it regulated to fit their need and not necessarily to help poor foreign citizens

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 8:20pm On Jun 23, 2013
ballabriggs: Nigerians say the UK is finished yet they flock to one of the worst tourist destinations.

I see people going to the UK for tourism as mugus, why waste your money when there are better destinations?

The other funny thing is Nigerians saying the "country is finished". A country with the assets the UK has cannot be finished. Their situation is not even quarter as bad as it is for Nigerians yet they moan daily about their economy, they moan about their politics, they ask questions about their cities, you have debates on critical issues.

On the topic, I find it immoral to ask students to provide bonds for visas. I know elections are heating up and Mr Cameron is trying real hard to get into the hearts of the rightists who are worried about growing immigration. However, there should still be some decency in his policies.

Tell that to the marines - it may be a terrible tourist destination for Nigerians but come to London and see the number of Japanese, American, French, Italian, south Africans(white), austrialians who flock to London - why? because they have money to burn on travelling just for the fun of it, a luxury the vast number of Nigerians will never be able to afford.

The UK economy can not be finished as long as st.upid Africans and Nigerians in particular continue to allow shell bp to call the shots in Nigeria.

Why did the west hate Chavez so much? because he called the shots when it came to the running of the Venezuelan oil industry - something no Nigerian coward leader will ever dream of doing - Chavez insisted that the oil revenues must be used for the benefit of the Venezuelan people not for the benefit of european and American multinationals and banks.
Until Nigeria gets such a leader there is no hope for Nigeria.

You talk about decency in Cameron's policies - the word decent and politics do not go together and should not be used in the same sentence. politics is about lies, subterfuge and deception.

Cameron is playing the race/immigration card because it never fails as a vote winner - the average british person does not like black people and will blame a black person for anything that is not going well in their life , that is why immigration is a hot topic now, Cameron and his cronies are hell bent on pushing through some of the most draconian austerity measures that this country has ever known but they cant do it unless they can convince the british people that someone else is to blame for the current economic problems in the country - enter the race/immigration card - this card never fails to get politicians elected and Cameron is using it to full effect now.

8 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by solomonwis(m): 8:21pm On Jun 23, 2013
ballabriggs: Nigerians say the UK is finished yet they flock to one of the worst tourist destinations.

The other funny thing is Nigerians saying the "country is finished". A country with the assets the UK has cannot be finished. Their situation is not even quarter as bad as it is for Nigerians yet they moan daily about their economy, they moan about their politics, they ask questions about their cities, you have debates on critical issues.

I think it would be better you spend more time crying at yourselves rather than get worried over people who are miles ahead.

I am just imagining a scenario of a family of 5 applying for 6 month UK visa. It means they'd part with £15,000 for a 2 weeks stay....It is unimaginable....tying down such amount all in the name of visiting the UK.

This ogogoro drinking leaders won't wake up to fight for development of the country, all they are interested in is who is supporting and who is against.........A revolution is looming, I hope it won't be like that that of Egypt/Libya.

God bless Nigeria!......Walk away dejected cry sad
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ballabriggs: 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2013
cap28:

Tell that to the marines - it may be a terrible tourist destination for Nigerians but come to London and see the number of Japanese, American, French, Italian, south Africans(white), austrialians who flock to London - why? because they have money to burn on travelling just for the fun of it, a luxury the vast number of Nigerians will never be able to afford.

The UK economy can not be finished as long as st.upid Africans and Nigerians in particular continue to allow shell bp to call the shots in Nigeria.

Why did the west hate Chavez so much? because he called the shots when it came to the running of the Venezuelan oil industry - something no Nigerian coward leader will ever dream of doing - Chavez insisted that the oil revenues must be used for the benefit of the Venezuelan people not for the benefit of european and American multinationals and banks.
Until Nigeria gets such a leader there is no hope for Nigeria.

Oga e be like say your second name na argument?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by doppler999(m): 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
Its modern day slavery and extortion of highest order...No place like home.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
ballabriggs:

Oga e be like say your second name na argument?

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by bigx(m): 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
gerald09: Its not dem fault no matter what una say Nigerians still rush there. I meet a guy @ elephant n castle sometime ago he actually quit his job @ diamond bank, made his wife quit her job @ first bank n moved down to UK for greener pasture, he works @ royal mail now sorting letters while his wife sits @ home hating d dude. £3000 is to small for stupid people like dat guy.

grin see me laughing

I'm sure he's one of the Nigeria Bashing Nigerians in Diaspora on Nairaland.
There is money on trees in Nigeria, we need to open our eyes.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by howfarwhatagwan: 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
I bet other EU countries will do same but good for us we need to wake up and begin to demand results from the Government rather than fight amongst ourselves. One thing I have come to learn the European countries do not like themselves but when it comes to uniting to stand against other continents they do so seamlessly but we Naija all we do is fight (Tribal, religion) we cannot even be united as a nation

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Chinwem(f): 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
'In the long run we’re interested in a system of bonds that deters overstaying and recovers costs if a foreign national has used our public services.'

It's not just overstaying, if you go there and use their NHS without paying there goes your £3000

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by TableLeg(m): 8:31pm On Jun 23, 2013
Good news ... It wont deter die hard folks but at least it will reduce the influx!

Tougher measures needed .... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Chinwem(f): 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
solomonwis:

I am just imagining a scenario of a family of 5 applying for 6 month UK visa. It means they'd part with £15,000 for a 2 weeks...It is unimaginable....tying down such amount all in the name of visiting the UK.

This ogogoro drinking leaders won't wake up to fight for development of the country, all they are interested in is who is supporting and who is against.........A revolution is looming, I hope it won't be like that that of Egypt/Libya.

God bless Nigeria!......Walk away dejected cry sad

Wow!!!! shocked. Per person or per application? I didn't even think about that.........lol

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by rafcrown(m): 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2013
Economy situation ,£3000 fixed deposit will sure yield interest.
Anybody coming to Nigeria from UK also should deposit refundable,if possible more than £5000.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Please Help! I Need A Us Visa Appointment Date Asap! / Does An Aeroplane Use Petrol Or Kerosene? / Truck Missing Enroute To Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.