Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry (45555 Views)

Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by jamest3(m): 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
it's a shame that a lot of us here a whinning about the UK government's decision. Truth is, it's their country and can damn do what they please. As for those who find it irresistable, what's wrong with your life in Naija? Why must you go to another country, where you born an ambassador? Is getting garri not hard enough that you are now trying to go where bugger is out of your reach?

Anyway, I have a simple solution that is guaranteed to make Naija a better place. That solution is to unban corruption in the country, specifically stealing from govt coffers. But if you do unjustly help yourself to our commonwealth, you must invest it here, failure to do that will be an outright sentence to immediate death on discovery. This should be backed by a strong law sha.

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by damiso(f): 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
Do people still come to the Uk on visiting visa without going backNot as commonplace as before.

People who have 3, 000 pounds to leave lying fallow wont overstay anyway. undecided

This Tory govt keep losing it everyday.Buncha of alarmists.Like Non EU illegal immigrants cost as much eastern european on public amenities.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
howfarwhatagwan: I bet other EU countries will do same but good for us we need to wake up and begin to demand results from the Government rather than fight amongst ourselves. One thing I have come to learn the European countries do not like themselves but when it comes to uniting to stand against other continents they do so seamlessly but we Naija all we do is fight (Tribal, religion) we cannot even be united as a nation

Your govts are working for Europe and America they will never champion the interests of the Nigerian masses - they are all bought and paid for by their masters in London and Washington, you think Okonjo Iweala gives a shi.t about the average Nigerian who has to leave the country in order to be able to feed his family? You think Badluck Jonathan cares whether you live or die, you only have to look at Governor Fashola's treatement of the people of Makoko who are Yoruba like himself and then you will know that the Nigerian elite are the most worthless set of scum ever known to man, infact the Nigerian elite are known all over the world not just for being the world's most inept leaders but for being the most callous and cold hearted - a group of leaders who feel absolutely zero empathy for their own people - no safety nets for the poor, no decent healthcare for the masses, no decent educational system, why? because the current decay does not affect them or their families, all their children are educated abroad and when they are sick they shamelessly fly abroad to be treated in foreign hospital, all their money is stashed away in foreign banks with the assistance and collaboration of their European and American partners in crime.

6 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by solomonwis(m): 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
Table Leg :
Good news ... It wont deter die hard folks but at least it will reduce the influx!

Tougher measures needed .... cheesy

You're sure about that?

Are you sure they are not opening their border to terrorists who definitely have the financial wherewithal to pay the bond just so they can gain entry to carry out their dastardly act?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
Oh dear! N750k But this is unfair now.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 8:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
james-t:
it's a shame that a lot of us here a whinning about the UK government's decision. Truth is, it's their country and can damn do what they please. As for those who find it irresistable, what's wrong with your life in Naija? Why must you go to another country, where you born an ambassador? Is getting garri not hard enough that you are now trying to go where bugger is out of your reach?

Anyway, I have a simple solution that is guaranteed to make Naija a better place. That solution is to unban corruption in the country, specifically stealing from govt coffers. But if you do unjustly help yourself to our commonwealth, you must invest it here, failure to do that will be an outright sentence to immediate death on discovery. This should be backed by a strong law sha.
Yeah but their are a lot of british engineers in Nigeria making bucket loads of money while Nigerian engineers are barely able to feed themselves or their families on the starvation wages they earn in Nigeria - why is that?
surely if they can come to your country to live like kings, you are entitled to go to their country to try and make a living, by the way most Nigerians who leave Nigeria for the UK do not enjoy the same standard of living as the british who live in Nigeria no matter their level of education.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by sage2(m): 8:50pm On Jun 23, 2013
Just tell us you are broke and need some money. Idiats.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by olusola200: 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
THEY HAVE TO USE WHAT THEY HAVE TO GET WHAT THEY NEED.
NIJA HAS REALLY WOUND THEM I DONT BLAME THEM , SA IS DOING THE SAME
ITS JUST A REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT.
I AM IN SUPPORT GOD BLESS THE QUEEN
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2013
tpia@:
3000 pounds or 3000 naira?
anyone YOU like

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2013
[size=20pt]see the amount of Nigerians viewing this topic, see the way we are commenting,and see the way we are angry![/size] ''I laugh in Swahili'' grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by TableLeg(m): 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
solomonwis:

You're sure about that?

Are you sure they are not opening their border to terrorists who definitely have the financial wherewithal to pay the bond just so they can gain entry to carry out their dastardly act?

They know the primary targets and therefore they feel the measure will help check the influx on that front ....

On the terrorists front, they have other measures in place, although i am not saying those measures are 100% effective

Measures to check terrorism is continuously worked on ... But the issue here is the prospective visitors who come here and dont plan to return or plan to drain or create a burden on the UK economy ...

£3k is nothing to a die hard foreigner who plans to emigrate via any means ... People pay much more to get smuggled but this measure will reduce the numbers... So i say till people get round it, it is a good immigration and border control measure!

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by solomonwis(m): 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2013
james-t:

who is buying into that solution?

Those greedy set of people in power who think of no one else but themselves?

Bro, come up with something like a revolution! something more draconian!
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by TableLeg(m): 9:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
tpia@:
3000 pounds or 3000 naira?

Dunce ... you should know that what concerns the UK in monetary terms is £!!!
This is a UK immigration and border control measure, therefore it is going to be in £
Moro....n!
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by fxman62: 9:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
Fasola can make a lot of money from this British example if he replicates it in Lagos. Ask all these visitors to lagos who will not go back to their mother states to post bond as follows:

1. Boko Haram States - N250,000
2. Other Northern States - N200,000
3. South South States - N150,000
4. South east States - N150,000
5. South West States - N100,000
I bet you he will make more money from this than he gets from the Federal Allocation.
What do you think
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Sirgee1: 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2013
I c 9ja imposing a £10,000 bond on UK passport holders on arrival grin

I trust my brothers n sisters @ d immigration telling dem britions dat d reciept wey dem use pay for d bond na fake n that there is no power to confirm frm d computer grin grin

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by VEGA(m): 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2013
[b][/b]£3000*100000 applicants per annum comes to £300million of interest free fund from Nigeria into UK economy even if is for average of 1 month in the year. Every little bit counts eh!
NICE ON CERO!
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 4Play(m): 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2013
F
cap28:
Yeah but their are a lot of british engineers in Nigeria making bucket loads of money while Nigerian engineers are barely able to feed themselves or their families on the starvation wages they earn in Nigeria - why is that?
surely if they can come to your country to live like kings, you are entitled to go to their country to try and make a living, by the way most Nigerians who leave Nigeria for the UK do not enjoy the same standard of living as the british who live in Nigeria no matter their level of education.

The problem is there are far more Nigerians applying to go to Britain than Brits going to Nigeria. Let's not pretend Nigeria is anywhere as attractive to visitors as Britain. If you come to the Nigerian High Commission, London, most people in the queue are Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by cap28: 9:05pm On Jun 23, 2013
Sirgee1: I c 9ja imposing a £10,000 bond on UK passport holders on arrival grin

I trust my brothers n sisters @ d immigration telling dem britions dat d reciept wey dem use pay for d bond na fake n that there is no power to confirm frm d computer grin grin

the Nigerian govt can not do this as they do not call the shots in Nigeria Britain and America own and run Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by solomonwis(m): 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
Table Leg :

They know the primary targets and therefore they feel the measure will help check the influx on that front ....

On the terrorists front, they have other measures in place, although i am not saying those measures are 100% effective

Measures to check terrorism is continuously worked on ... But the issue here is the prospective visitors who come here and dont plan to return or plan to drain or create a burden on the UK economy ...

£3k is nothing to a die hard foreigner who plans to emigrate via any means ... People pay much more to get smuggled but this measure will reduce the numbers... So i say till people get round it, it is a good immigration and border control measure!

My grouse is with the primary target.

why do they single us out every time? Yes, we have our challenges but do they have to make us feel less human with measures like this? what happen to the EEA citizens who come into the UK make use of the social infrastructures and run back to their countries? I don't blame them for wanting to control their border and keep the net immigration low but to single out some African countries and some Asian countries is absurd and smack of official racism.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Hecklerkoch: 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
As I carefully go through all the comments here, I can see the seed poverty and suffering has sowed i the heart of Nigerians. It has sowed envy, hate and maliciousness.

90% of comments here are from people who haven't set foot on muritala muhammad airport, but you hear them saying " come back home" " UK is hell" this and that, yet I can bet my life that if all if these people are given a Greek Visa, they will jump on it like flies. Nigeria is third world nation for God's sake, one of the poorest nations on the globe.

Desperate time calls for desperate measure, there is a global crises, Europe, America, Asia are all in crises, so this is a period of austerity and cuts, if the Nigerians are angry, compel your governments to tighten regulations for British oil companies that continuously leech off Nigeria' resources.

But comparing Nigeria and UK is absolute madness, it's like comparing stone with bread.

6 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
:DOK na, we will pay the 3000 pounds. Btw am goin to UK next month

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by grandstar(m): 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2013
gunuvi: Nigeria is getting better. If they charge us the bond, we will apply same to them too. Tit for tat.
Small scale business in Naija is booming already so we don't need UK visas.
That is what Brazil does and it does work!
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2013
Eyahhh there goes my monthly London shopping trip

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by toshmann(m): 9:11pm On Jun 23, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Eyahhh there goes my monthly London shopping trip

Don't you have Uncle Sam passport?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 23, 2013
toshmann:

Don't you have Uncle Sam passport?

Who is Uncle Sam? My uncle's name is OluwaMoneiz
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by toshmann(m): 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Who is Uncle Sam? My uncle's name is OluwaMoneiz
grin

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by solomonwis(m): 9:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
Heckler&koch.:
As I carefully go through all the comments here, I can see the seed poverty and suffering has sowed i the heart of Nigerians. It has sowed envy, hate and maliciousness.

90% of comments here are from people who haven't set foot on muritala muhammad airport, but you hear them saying " come back home" " UK is hell" this and that, yet I can bet my life that if all if these people are given a Greek Visa, they will jump on it like flies. Nigeria is third world nation for God's sake, one of the poorest nations on the globe.

Desperate time calls for desperate measure, there is a global crises, Europe, America, Asia are all in crises, so this is a period of austerity and cuts, if the Nigerians are angry, compel your governments to tighten regulations for British oil companies that continuously leech off Nigeria' resources.

But comparing Nigeria and UK is absolute madness, it's like comparing stone with bread.

Balderdash! Absolute crap!

Are the Britons not enjoying from the "British oil companies that continuously leech off Nigeria' resources"? Will they not begin to threaten us with sanctions just because we don't dance to their tunes in an arm twisting fashion?

Bottom line is, our "friends" from outside the countries are our enemies. I've worked with them and I speak from experience, nice on the surface but smooth killers underneath.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Acidosis(m): 9:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
Heckler&koch.:

hmmn
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by TheBookWorm: 9:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
The UK treats Nigerians like dirt.

Nigerians should stay in Nigeria or travel to the US that welcomes highly trained immigrants.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Boss13: 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
I think many of us are reading this emotionally. The Uk has every right to protect their economy, likewise the same right we have to build our own economy. The Uk is only responding to the demands of its people, our govt is really not doing the same.

I would love to dissect this issue but this nigeria match don spoil my mood

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by toshmann(m): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2013
TheBookWorm:
Nigerians should stay in Nigeria or travel to the US that welcomes highly trained immigrants.

Hehehe I laugh in Zulu. Make I no talk lipsrsealed
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 4Play(m): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2013
solomonwis:

Balderdash! Absolute crap!

Are the Britons not enjoying from the "British oil companies that continuously leech off Nigeria' resources"? Will they not begin to threaten us with sanctions just because we don't dance to their tunes in an arm twisting fashion?

Bottom line is, our "friends" from outside the countries are our enemies. I've worked with them and I speak from experience, nice on the surface but smooth killers underneath.

Nigeria is poor. Nigeria's oil revenues since 1960 is less than the British Govt's tax receipt for this year alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Please Help! I Need A Us Visa Appointment Date Asap! / Does An Aeroplane Use Petrol Or Kerosene? / Truck Missing Enroute To Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.