Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry (45554 Views)

Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by slimfit1(m): 7:08pm On Jun 23, 2013
Very good now
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ocheejemb: 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2013
cap28: the british govt are responsible for keeping over 80% of nigerians in poverty - they have got Nigeria neck deep in debt, the money their banks make from the interest generated from these loans alone is what they are using to prop up their welfare state and provide a decent standard of livng for their own people while the vast majority of Nigerians live in poverty as if that isn't bad enough they now expect those who want to escape this poverty to part with a whopping £3,000 - how many average british people can afford to part with £3,000 for a visa?

Not true that the UK govt is responsible for Nigeria's 'poverty'. Our history of inept goverment is soley responsible for this

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by kevoh(m): 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2013
Policewoman: Suits some Nigerians right. Some just wake up and go to U.K. There was this friend of mine that wedded some weeks ago. Her mum travelled to U.K and bought her a wedding dress. When she saw the dress, she cried that she didn't like it and so she and her mum took the next available plane back to U.K to buy another wedding dress. Imagine.
Now that's too much MONEY and STUPIDITY combined on the part of Mum and child.

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Horus(m): 7:12pm On Jun 23, 2013
Why going to the UK?. Experts warned that the British economy is heading for an unprecedented recession and it’s going to cost more people more money for food, power, energy, gas, oil, electricity, transports, taxes. Instead of going to the UK ,Invest this £3000 in Nigeria in a profitable business idea.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
UKWhat is so special about dis uk?....!Make beta places like usa,france,uae(dubai) talk i go hear,but dis uk dat is almost down....!Choi,9ja don sufa,i no blame uk,i blame our govt...!Even if our govt are corrupt,y cant dey stil invest dat corruption money in dis country,but they wil take d money outside n invest thr...!U are doing corruption in nigeria,invest dat same money in nigeria,we av a vry gud weather,our land is big,we av a vry gud soil,we av lots of mineral resources,we av a vry gud population,d market is so big...!Oppotunities are 2much in dis country,but d govt are makin it hard day by day 4 d citizens...!They d uk's are suppose to b d ones paying bond to us,but because our pple ar 2 greedy,it is now d oda way round.....!9ja govt,if una steal money 4rm dis country,invest all d money 4 dis same country,atleast e go help small...!D oyibo's dat invest in dis country they are not stupid,they know they wil make it big hr,infact they are makin it big...!Na only GOD go deliver us 4 dis we country.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Chinom(m): 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
cap28: the british govt are responsible for keeping over 80% of nigerians in poverty - they have got Nigeria neck deep in debt, the money their banks make from the interest generated from these loans alone is what they are using to prop up their welfare state and provide a decent standard of livng for their own people while the vast majority of Nigerians live in poverty as if that isn't bad enough they [b]now expect those who want to escape this poverty [/b]to part with a whopping £3,000 - how many average british people can afford to part with £3,000 for a visa?

Escape which 'poverty'. this 3000 pds was introduced for people like you. You have a very pathetic mindset. No sane person leaves Nigeria to the UK to " Escape poverty".Those who do that were already poor in Nigeria or just plain greedy. They wanted MORE.
Note that i mean those Nigerians who obtain a 3 months visitors visa only to disappear in the UK. Some Students too.

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Guk: 7:13pm On Jun 23, 2013
cb_917d:

Don't be ignorant. It's a bond not a fee, of course you'll get your money back if you return home which you're expected to, hence you're not throwing the £3000 away. By the way, such system exists in South Africa alias repatriation fee. Imagine even our own African counterpart imposes such system on other African nations. No blame game, it is what it is.

Nigeria charges South Africans a repatriation fee for firstime visa of R 6000.00.ie about =N=106,800
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 735i(m): 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2013
I have only one question; will the bond yield interest/dividends?

If no: Then how can they justify holding 3,000 pounds for that period of time?

Them they mad!!!
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by redsun(m): 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
Uk is desperate to keep off those that are not essential.The economy is struggling and the people are feeling the pinch.
And the rich wants more as always.

While on the other hand nigerian economy is yet to take of with people's eyes tightly closed.Oblivious of what they have.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by halogen02: 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
Rubbish move! Its only a foolish I never belle-full dat is strugling who will drop a bond money in order to go and catch cold in "Tax coded" U.K! I bet you, I give U.K 1 year they will change their decision 'cos they will experience low patronage...

2 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
i wish every country will do this kind of thing, so that nigerians will stop moving around like normads.

11 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by papi365: 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
Does nasty british,what are they feeling like? i no gbadun dem a bit. mshewww
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by tpia5: 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2013
3000 pounds or 3000 naira?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2013
Kslib: £3000 is too small nah.. I would have loved it to be like £200,000 so that all of them will stay at home.. Secondly,all countries should start deporting us so that our eye go clear and we will start flushing out those eddiots in power..
1 thousand likes

3 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by dasparrow: 7:21pm On Jun 23, 2013
tpia@:
3000 pounds or 3000 naira?

Pound
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 360command: 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
oche_ejemb:

Not true that the UK govt is responsible for Nigeria's 'poverty'. Our history of inept goverment is soley responsible for this
my oga @ the top to whom u quoted is right . Though I can agree with u on what you are saying is true. The UK govt, which I will say IMF body knows why they are given countries of the third world Loan. They are not given you loan for you to help your economy, they dictate on your economy so they tell you what to do with their money. You cannot go and take up loan and say you want to build a refinery in your country. They would not allow you. You have to look for the money on your own to build the economy. As they give you loan in foreign currency, interest rate are high, there becomes inflation, you become indebted to them, paying back becomes difficult. Even when you pay back, you still need to collect more loan.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by dasparrow: 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
9jadelta: i wish every country will do this kind of thing, so that nigerians will stop moving around like normads.

LOL, not only move about like nomads but chase these greedy leaders we have out of office.

@Post

Nigeria should reciprocate the gesture.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Diasporan(m): 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
Emmadani: UKWhat is so special about dis uk?....!Make beta places like usa,france,uae(dubai) talk i go hear,but dis uk dat is almost down....!Choi,9ja don sufa,i no blame uk,i blame our govt...!Even if our govt are corrupt,y cant dey stil invest dat corruption money in dis country,but they wil take d money outside n invest thr...!U are doing corruption in nigeria,invest dat same money in nigeria,we av a vry gud weather,our land is big,we av a vry gud soil,we av lots of mineral resources,we av a vry gud population,d market is so big...!Oppotunities are 2much in dis country,but d govt are makin it hard day by day 4 d citizens...!They d uk's are suppose to b d ones paying bond to us,but because our pple ar 2 greedy,it is now d oda way round.....!9ja govt,if una steal money 4rm dis country,invest all d money 4 dis same country,atleast e go help small...!D oyibo's dat invest in dis country they are not stupid,they know they wil make it big hr,infact they are makin it big...!Na only GOD go deliver us 4 dis we country.
Did i hear you say France?France is as broke as Niger Republic.The Uk has been surviving majority of the EU citizens by opening his door to them to come and work.Without the UK most EU country will not be better than Somalia.Go ask peeps living in Hungary and Greece.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
gerald09: Its not dem fault no matter what una say Nigerians still rush there. I meet a guy @ elephant n castle sometime ago he actually quit his job @ diamond bank, made his wife quit her job @ first bank n moved down to UK for greener pasture, he works @ royal mail now sorting letters while his wife sits @ home hating d dude. £3000 is to small for stupid people like dat guy.
now someone is talking! Another 100 5iles for you
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by eduson33(m): 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
so,they really dont want me to come and see my Ada,shai,#
no matter no matter,
aga mu abia(i will come)
adaobi123:

True. However you know Nigerians. Some will still fight tooth and nail for uk visa.
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by 4Play(m): 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
The sad thing is that stories like this don't produce a renewed resolve amongst Nigerians to ensure that our country is developed. Instead, our minds are full of parochial nonsense. See how the politics section is dominated by tribal warriors.

The reason why these rules are being mooted is to do with the high incidence of fraud among visa applicants from the 6 mentioned countries. It's quite commonplace for Nigerians to overstay their visas. This also plays well with the growing anti-immigrant sentiment in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by tpia5: 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
dasparrow:

Pound

na wa o.

3000 pounds is serious money if you no get awoof o.

so where will nigerians head to now.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by sweetcheecks(f): 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2013
Guk:

Nigeria charges South Africans a repatriation fee for firstime visa of R 6000.00.ie about =N=106,800

That is true. So why are people crying soo much about this?

http://www.sa-ncc.co.za/visa-info/nigeria
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by badesco(m): 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
Nigerian Authority should do same to British Citizens coming to Nigeria,ours should be 4000
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2013
halogen02: Rubbish move! Its only a foolish I never belle-full dat is strugling who will drop a bond money in order to go and catch cold in "Tax coded" U.K! I bet you, I give U.K 1 year they will change their decision 'cos they will experience low patronage...
that's the point bro! The 3000pounds is not uk's problem. They simply want to reduce the number of people coming to uk from nigeria, pakistan etc.

1 Like

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
sweetcheecks:

That is true. So why are people crying soo much about this?

http://www.sa-ncc.co.za/visa-info/nigeria
how much ir 100 ground compared to 800 ground undecided
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by loswhite(m): 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
pDude: Una still wan go UK?

It is obvious they no longer want Nigerians in their country. All you lot do is feed off their benefits system. Now they will ensure you don't even try it.

Imagine delivering 6 children and expecting the tax payers to foot the bill. Bunch of Nigerian leeches.
dumb
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Afam4eva(m): 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
They should start charging those in the UK already. Especially the broke ones so that they will come back home.

I wonder whyy people still go to the UK anyways except it's for schooling. That place is a dead zone and a lot of Nigerians who live there are coming back except those who don't know the road to their Father's compound. if it's America, i would even understand. Anyways when the desirable becomes unavailable, the available become desirable.

5 Likes

Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by ayamAJ(m): 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
Hustlers
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by victorv12(m): 7:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
It's so unfortunate...why?
Re: Visitors From Nigeria To UK To Pay £3000 Bond Before Entry by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
bigx: Half Dead Country feeling funky

Exactly
Many People there live fom hand to mouth anyway,line up weekly for government assistant checks and live off welfare fighting for ghetto council flats
They hike up their school fees to Make money from Nigerians ,now they want to charge visitors from Nigeria
The same people that conquered and divided Nigeria and sowed the seed of discord
How low can that useless poverty stricken country go
Nonsense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Please Help! I Need A Us Visa Appointment Date Asap! / Does An Aeroplane Use Petrol Or Kerosene? / Truck Missing Enroute To Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.