Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal (104482 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / My Construction Journal 2 / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Chekitaut: 12:18am On Jul 04, 2013
brabus: Pic 50: Non-selective treatment of the building area
Pic 51: Applying glyphosate onto the surface of the shrub stump
i love the result of this action. technology o ga ooooooooooooo, stubborn weed or plant loose strength.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
Quick Update:

The construction crew has arrived and we're now ready to break ground. We are happy to see construction is ready to begin.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2013
Construction Has Begun: We broke ground, and now we have moved from "Paper to Dirt".

Today we broke ground and I am excited to see this happen. I'm excited because this is where my client begin to see where he will live for many years to come. Yesterday, we marked out the house, the property line and road to make sure that they were right and so that we could have time to double-check all measurements.

Pic 54: Day 1 - Foundation trench and footing excavation
Pic 55: Benne giving it a long throw

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Chekitaut: 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2013
Weldone bro, Good work wot is the measurement of the dept of the foundation...?
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2013
More progress pictures with some more 'wth' concerns.

Pic 56, 57, 58: Excavation in progress
Pic 59: Tap roots in the foundation

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by twinskenny(m): 7:32pm On Jul 05, 2013
weldone bros.. the lord is your strength
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
More obstacles in the way - Operation All must go!

Pic 60: Roots extending over 6m into the foundation.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:59pm On Jul 05, 2013
Chekitaut: Weldone bro, Good work wot is the measurement of the dept of the foundation...?

1m (deep) x 850mm (width)

Our foundation depth was designed based (slope nature and gravel sand) on the ground conditions and issues with the trees (as trees draw a considerable amount of moisture from the ground beneath the foundation).

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2013
Granite So Full

Of all the items delivered to site, I'm so astonished to see the quantity and quality of the granite supplied to the site. I can say it that I've never seen such quantity in my years of building. It's so full than I can ever imagine.

Goodluck to the 'Lagos Cheat Suppliers'. God dey watch us all in 3D!

Pic 61: Granite supplied
Pic 62: Delivering the 1st load (35995kg)
Pic 63: Delivering the 2nd load (35190kg)

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by olubuffett: 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
Great to see work as started.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
Construction of The Chateau: Save the Dates

Break Ground - 5th July, 2013
Substantial Completion Date - September, 2013
Full Completion - December, 2013

Watch this space for more updates on the landscaping works, estate gate design, perimeter fencing work and other related construction activities.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Chekitaut: 8:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
brabus: Granite So Full

Bad egg destroy image of good ones. Count on Us!!!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2013

With Chekitaut, my friend, being an exception. smiley

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
brabus: Construction of The Chateau: Save the Dates

Break Ground - 5th July, 2013
Substantial Completion Date - September, 2013
Full Completion - December, 2013

Watch this space for more updates on the landscaping works, estate gate design, perimeter fencing work and other related construction activities.

Following you like a hawk.
Good work my brother, keep it up.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by kopell: 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
Present !
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by jam04(m): 5:03am On Jul 06, 2013

Of all the items delivered to site, I'm so astonished to see the quantity and quality of the granite supplied to the site. I can say it that I've never seen such quantity in my years of building. It's so full than I can ever imagine.

Pic 61: Granite supplied
Pic 62: Delivering the 1st load (35995kg)
Pic 63: Delivering the 2nd load (35190kg)

You are surprised by the quantity and quality of granite stone supplied because we are yet to handle your supply. As soon as you are back in lagos, holla at us at penthouse nig ltd. It is always good to patronise a company that has a DIRECT dealership agreement with chinese quarry owners.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 7:14am On Jul 06, 2013
jam04:

You are surprised by the quantity and quality of granite stone supplied because we are yet to handle your supply. As soon as you are back in lagos, holla at us at penthouse nig ltd. It is always good to patronise a company that has a DIRECT dealership agreement with chinese quarry owners.

I better be surprised when I'm back. It's a complete rip off in the time past and I'll encourage CLIENTS to patronize companies and not the road side suppliers in order to get value for their money. Our current project is massive but I'm not worried with the quantity of granite on ground.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by jam04(m): 7:42am On Jul 06, 2013
Seeing is believing..those that have tried us here are our witness. Gettin ur supply direct from companies like ours is the best because we have direct dealership agreement with chinese quarry owners.

Also I will advice clients too not to be too gullible when they are trying to get a good bargain. You want a full and correct measure of what you order for but you are not willing to pay the price. How would a client want a 30tons load of granite at ebute metta for 115k!!!!!.are you not 'directly' telling the supplier to cheat u? Forget about seeing the loading tickets that display 30 tons. Fake Loading tickets are gotten for a token(500 naira or 1k max).
Always patronise companies with RECOGNIZED presence to save cost.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Chekitaut: 8:13am On Jul 06, 2013
mufutau55:

With Chekitaut, my friend, being an exception. smiley

Hajji Mufutau
Hajji thanks for the recommendation.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Chekitaut: 8:21am On Jul 06, 2013
jam04: Seeing is believing..those that have tried us here are our witness. Gettin ur supply direct from companies like ours is the best because we have direct dealership agreement with chinese quarry owners.

Also I will advice clients too not to be too gullible when they are trying to get a good bargain. You want a full and correct measure of what you order for but you are not willing to pay the price. How would a client want a 30tons load of granite at ebute metta for 115k!!!!!.are you not 'directly' telling the supplier to cheat u? Forget about seeing the loading tickets that display 30 tons. Fake Loading tickets are gotten for a token(500 naira or 1k max).
Always patronise companies with RECOGNIZED presence to save cost.
On point but "agreement is agreement" in paper and in words. if a supplier cant deliver at the agree price he shld just leave the supply but never under the sun he want to cheat.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by jam04(m): 8:59am On Jul 06, 2013
Chekitaut: On point but "agreement is agreement" in paper and in words. if a supplier cant deliver at the agree price he shld just leave the supply but never under the sun he want to cheat.

You think road side suppliers care about their reputation or name? All they want is to get gullible clients to fall prey and unfortunately they do fall. Standards have value and a client who want to spend his hard earned money should know where to look to get value.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by chinosxl(m): 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
Well done bros. Honesty, you and oga spyder deserve an award on Nl

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by VIPICO(m): 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2013
Ok brabus, I'm here to follow up on development of this spectacular maansion. Weldone!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 6:38am On Jul 07, 2013
The Driveway, The Uphill Task

Taking the driveway through uphill into the site was an incredibly arduous task. We knew it had to be done, but at what cost? How long? What are the alternative solution? How close could our materials get to the land and the project still continue with a reasonable expectation of survival in the season?

Yesterday, excavation work was completed early enough but we had to resolve the major challenge of the site. Prepare the driveway so that building materials can get closer to the home site. Of course, the client who's physically present at the project site at the moment sees reasons with us and he's kind enough to forgive schedule slip due to good reasons. The project won't survive long if we have to move materials over 100m drop spot.

To help everyone understand the topography of the build site, the land is broken up into three distinct areas. First, we have the river bottom (approximately 4 plots) with 40m setback from the river. Next, the land rises approximately 60 feet to create a long, narrow ridge (about 3 plots) which is our building site. And lastly, the wooded area at the backside (with really beautiful soil and a nice landscape when we're done!). This means there were many hikes across the field, uphill face to the land and its obvious we needed a solid driveway to reach the top of the ridge, the home site.

This driveway posed many challenges. First, it is long. Second, it is uphill. Third, it must not demand a four-wheel-drive vehicle OR high clearance.

We worked tirelessly yesterday to fix the driveway.

Pic 64: The land subdivision as shown from the bridge leading into the estate

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by segcymoor(m): 9:05am On Jul 07, 2013
chinosxl: Well done bros. Honesty, you and oga spyder deserve an award on Nl

U said it!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:21am On Jul 07, 2013
DRIVEWAY INSTALLATION

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:28am On Jul 07, 2013
Even with best effort, we discovered one of the delivery truck is not sound enough to do the job. The first set of blocks (5,000 pcs of 9in block) ordered are now been delivered to site.

Pic 65 & 66: Block delivery. Supplier 2's truck stucked on the driveway.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:35am On Jul 07, 2013
Blocks Delivered

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:40am On Jul 07, 2013
Piles of rebar have been prepared and work is well advanced with the footing excavations and foundation trenches. We are blinding today

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2013
Meanwhile, we employed the service of 2 labourers to pack the granite closer to the building site.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by segcymoor(m): 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
brabus: Piles of rebar have been prepared and work is well advanced with the footing excavations and foundation trenches. We are blinding today
...Observation: are u doing piling foundation here...pls educate us with piles of rebar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply)

Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months? / Photos Of Aliko Dangote’s $30Million Home - By Africadle.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.