Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Lamentations Of A Battered Husband - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lamentations Of A Battered Husband (16505 Views)

MUST READ! Lamentations Of Lagos Prostitutes, Read How Much They Now Charge / Lamentations Of Ladies Over Portharcourt Men/guys / Lamentations Of A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by dolphinife: 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
I have known him for two years. He's one of those distant neighbours who had tru casual interactions become a friend. In the months that we lived together in d same area and when we ocassionally ran into one another, our conversation never went beyond the usual inquiry about the weather or the offhand question: how is ur family? He was introverted, easy-going and almost self-effacing. I knw him as someone who minded his biz. That was as far as our friendship went until a year ago when I began to see him with a lady.

Once, he timidly introduced her to me as his fiancee. He re-appeared in d neighbourhood again after a month to apologise for not inviting me to his wedding. He had at d time informed me dat he would quit his self-contained apartment to a more comfortable one due to his change of status and dis was more than a year ago. Last weekend, when I again ran into my old friend at a barber's shop where I went for a haircut, he had changed a great deal

He was withdrawn and traumatised. He couldn't recognise me at first when I wave to draw his attention. He didn't radiate d freshness and robust look dat is common with newly weds. We exchanged pleasantries ind midst of the loud music frm d blarring speakers in d salon. Grabbing me by d arm like a long lost friend, he half-dragged me to a distance where he was sure that no one could eavesdrop on us. Then, in what seemed like torrents of pent-up emotions, he began:

Bros where have u been? I've been on d look out for u. You see, I hardly make friend. But I see u as someone I can confide in. My marriage has been hell and my wife is trouble personified. She has been violent since the first day we were pronounced as couples. We didn't court for a long time. But even in those few months of our courtship, I noticed she was aggressive. She once slapped a cashier over a small matter. She also slapped me once and I once narrowly escaped being bathed with hot water but I never took it seriously then. Each time she goes into a rage, I quickly forgive her. Ind last one year, she has fought me over flimpsy excuses. D last time, she slapped me ind presence of our friends at a party. The other day,out of annoyance, she sliced my arm with a razor.

He unfolded his shirt to reveal a deep but a stitched scar that ran tru his shoulder to his wrist. Almost sobbing, he went on,' I really do not knw wat to do as am very scared of her violent mood swings. Her weapons include hot water, boiling soup and kitchen knife which she throws at me like missiles. She has destroyed every gadget in d house.when she's calm, she would break down in my arms and cry profusely. What should I do now? Things have become even more complicated now that she's pregnant with our first baby.

He proceeded to show me deep scars of teeth bites, nail scratches and injury marks. It was unbelievable. Now he has taken to drinking. What advice can we give to this gentle young man in the midst of his ferocious and outrageous wife?

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by merciie(f): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
I suggest they both go for theraphy/counselling, incase it doesn't work, he should leave that marriage before she kills him!
What is sauce for the goose is also for the gander

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by passionate88: 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2013
Though my advice go dey bad, bt e fit dey necessary. Give her sleepin pills, take her go
abortion
hospital,
abort
d pikin then divorce her. Since I no support wife beatin, I also no support husband beatin.

4 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Mynd44: 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2013
One day, she will take a knife to his body and then cry over his corpse if he does not walk away fast

5 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by kreamidiva(f): 5:18pm On Jun 27, 2013
D I S C H A R G E !!! Hmmm don't look back o else u turn to a bag of salt!!!

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by NET1(m): 5:36pm On Jun 27, 2013
Inasmuch as I don't support domestic violence, I think your Friend is weak for that type of woman.

Honestly, she got married to the WRONG man, meanwhile her 'TYPE' full everywhere for Lagos. There are MEN this woman would be married to, I give her only 1 month, she dey like ICE-WATER.

.NET

6 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by deeobserver209(m): 5:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
This is a serious problem. Don't joke around with it. Indeed some men are suffering in silence in the hands of their violent wives. These women are so violent that it becomes almost unbearable to live in the same roof with them. Remember the verse in the Bible that said 'its better to live on a roof top than live in the same room with a nagging woman'.
According to research, these violent woman are suffering from a condition called Borderline Personality Disorder popularly known as BPD. It's a condition that creates intense mood swings and emotional instability. According to research majority of these sufferers are women ( about 80 percent of sufferers of BPD are Women ).
For more information about Borderline Personality Disorder Google search battered men and click on the website. You will be amazed at the rising number of men abused by their wives. It's a global problem that need to be solved by everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Tedpgrass: 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2013
Mynd_44: One day, she will take a knife to his body and then cry over his corpse if he does not walk away fast

On point bro....

Personality disorder ko, craze craze disorder ni...

Power pass power...

If this bro should beat the living daylights and moonshine, in retaliation, during one of her "fits", her head go correct sharp, sharp.....

Then she'll realise there's madness and supa korect maadiness!!

Seriously, she needs help.

More importantly, given the lack of good quality mental healthcare available in Nija,....he needs some protection..... otherwise he may wake up 6feet under....

9 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by chronique(m): 6:25am On Jun 28, 2013
Nicca,tell that dude to end that thing he calls marriage whether she's pregnant or not. The devil that is playing fuji,juju and akpala drums in her head now might someday take it too far by trying out some hip-hop beats and by then,it would be too late. I do not support beating women but anybody(whether man or woman) that raises a weapon like a knife against me is as good as dead. Before you kill me,I'd be the one to kill you. You can use any other thing and go scot free. But knife,cutlass,dagger,battle axe,etc? Hell no! Attempt it and I'll kill you without remorse. My life is worth much more than tears or condolences.

3 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by sweetgala(m): 8:18am On Jun 28, 2013
This is serious, this brother and his wife need help before he is killed in his sleep and she finds herself committing the ultimate sin in a moment of rage.
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Policewoman(f): 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
hmmm
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Policewoman(f): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
dolphinife: I have known him for two years. He's one of those distant neighbours who had tru casual interactions become a friend. In the months that we lived together in d same area and when we ocassionally ran into one another, our conversation never went beyond the usual inquiry about the weather or the offhand question: how is ur family? He was introverted, easy-going and almost self-effacing. I knw him as someone who minded his biz. That was as far as our friendship went until a year ago when I began to see him with a lady.

Once, he timidly introduced her to me as his fiancee. He re-appeared in d neighbourhood again after a month to apologise for not inviting me to his wedding. He had at d time informed me dat he would quit his self-contained apartment to a more comfortable one due to his change of status and dis was more than a year ago. Last weekend, when I again ran into my old friend at a barber's shop where I went for a haircut, he had changed a great deal

He was withdrawn and traumatised. He couldn't recognise me at first when I wave to draw his attention. He didn't radiate d freshness and robust look dat is common with newly weds. We exchanged pleasantries ind midst of the loud music frm d blarring speakers in d salon. Grabbing me by d arm like a long lost friend, he half-dragged me to a distance where he was sure that no one could eavesdrop on us. Then, in what seemed like torrents of pent-up emotions, he began:

Bros where have u been? I've been on d look out for u. You see, I hardly make friend. But I see u as someone I can confide in. My marriage has been hell and my wife is trouble personified. She has been violent since the first day we were pronounced as couples. We didn't court for a long time. But even in those few months of our courtship, I noticed she was aggressive. She once slapped a cashier over a small matter. She also slapped me once and I once narrowly escaped being bathed with hot water but I never took it seriously then. Each time she goes into a rage, I quickly forgive her. Ind last one year, she has fought me over flimpsy excuses. D last time, she slapped me ind presence of our friends at a party. The other day,out of annoyance, she sliced my arm with a razor.

He unfolded his shirt to reveal a deep but a stitched scar that ran tru his shoulder to his wrist. Almost sobbing, he went on,' I really do not knw wat to do as am very scared of her violent mood swings. Her weapons include hot water, boiling soup and kitchen knife which she throws at me like missiles. She has destroyed every gadget in d house.when she's calm, she would break down in my arms and cry profusely. What should I do now? Things have become even more complicated now that she's pregnant with our first baby.

He proceeded to show me deep scars of teeth bites, nail scratches and injury marks. It was unbelievable. Now he has taken to drinking. What advice can we give to this gentle young man in the midst of his ferocious and outrageous wife?
ok.
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2013
DAT NIGGA NEEDS 2 LEARN SOME KUNG-FU
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by babseg(m): 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
she is mentally unbalanced. she needs metal asylum therapy
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by lolaluv1(f): 1:53pm On Jun 28, 2013
He should walk out. Abi he wants to die there ni?
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
SO YA WIFE IS BREAKING HER FOOT ALL UP IN YOUR AZZ ? WELL DAYUMMM
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by AbuMikey(m): 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
BrB
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
K
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Rooneyboy(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
The reality of marriage grin

Tell ur friend that HE'S ON HIS OWN grin

All of us 'MEN' are having same trouble with our wives. grin

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by olekubaby: 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2013
OP, It is a pity your friend is going through a trying period and i sympathise with him. This his wife has relatives abi? he should try taking the matter to them for proper handling. seeing he has no muscle to handle his wife. The wife also needs proffessional help medically. But i also think the 2 should separate until the wife is mentally normal again.
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Uglyduckling: 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
From the story my guess is that she is suffering from a psychiatric disorder. Whaat the man's wife needs is a psychiatric evaluation because she may be suffering from a personality disorder. Ours is a society where we assume that it is only until someone walks naked and unkempt on the streets do they have a problem. Some people arround us may have these issues such as the above and they need help too because such characters are not normal. Just my two cents though.

3 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Rooneyboy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
Tedpgrass:

On point bro....

Personality disorder ko, craze craze disorder ni...

Power pass power...

If this bro should beat the living daylights and moonshine, in retaliation, during one of her "fits", her head go correct sharp, sharp.....

Then she'll realise there's madness and supa korect maadiness!!

Seriously, she needs help.

More importantly, given the lack of good quality mental healthcare available in Nija,....he needs some protection..... otherwise he may wake up 6feet under....

GBAM !

Someone has spoken grin
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by devour129: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
the wife has mental issues,as a married woman i would say let her go.let her have the baby,do your duty as the father but let her go.she is going to kill you.
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Kennedyiheme: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
with all due respect... i dnt in anyway support violence, bt in this case, if u dnt teach her how to behave, she wil continue, in other words, beat her up.....but be careful how u hit her, nd dnt beat her with anger....use this theory
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
--
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by tpapi: 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
My advice for d guy is to stil b wit her until d wife finally kills him

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
I think the man should just walk out of the marriage,because a living coward is better than a dead courageous man.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
Rooneyboy:
Rooneyboy:
The reality of marriage grin

Tell ur friend that HE'S ON HIS OWN grin

All of us 'MEN' are having same trouble with our wives. grin

GBAM !

Someone has spoken grin
This Osita guy no one go marry huh
*OLD MAN
See him big belle
<<<< YOUR QUOTE FROM YESTERDAY REFERING TO PAWPAW. SEE I WAS SPOT ON. MISERY LOVES COMPANY. PEOPLE WHO USUALLY MAKE YOUR KIND OF STATEMENTS ARE TRYING TO GET THE WHOLE WORLD AS MISERABLE AS YOU ARE LOL.

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by Ebol(f): 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dat wify is ajenue she s possess. He shld take her 4 deliverance b4 she il pour him acid or strangle dir baby.
Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by mysticgal(f): 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
We have one in our church who even beats him in the church whenever he declines her requests, hin to love her,you wan to know what pastor advice was"kick the devil out of her"the day he did she came running almost unclad crying pls beg him for me i swear i will not try touching him and today God be praised she is a silent bulldog.

4 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Battered Husband by freecocoa(f): 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
Wtf? Lol grin.

That man had better run for his life o but wait first, are we supposed to believe he just stays calming receiving all the beatings or what?

I'm confused o.undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Your Girlfriend Says "Baby I'm Pregnant!" / Define Your "Current" Relationship Or Your "Dream" Relationship / I  can Travel From Lagos To Sokoto For A D!ck…(18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.