Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Shoprite Opens In Ibadan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shoprite Opens In Ibadan (34886 Views)

When Shoprite Opens In Igbo Land (graphic Picture) / Nizamiye Hospital Opens In Abuja(pictures) / Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Bleszin(f): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
Ogbeche77: Report has it that customers who visited shoprite on it first day of opening in ibadan were over 102,000, but they recorded just N35,000 sale grin

Suprite ni ilu ibadan, Aku sopping ooo... Sopping atu wa lara ooo grin grin
Lol.....!I DON LAFF SO TEY I KNOCK MY PAPA HEAD O......!LWKMH grin
Ogbeche77: Report has it that customers who visited shoprite on it first day of opening in ibadan were over 102,000, but they recorded just N35,000 sale grin

Lol.....!I DON LAFF SO TEY I KNOCK MY PAPA HEAD O......!LWKMH
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by cherrykim: 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
vosquare: dat local nd dirty ib...y dem no kum abk
let us know your state.(Not your current residence, i mean your parents' state of origin) cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by cherrykim: 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
let us know your state.(Not your current residence, i mean your parents' state of origin) cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by fairygeh(f): 12:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
ketoprofen:

Nooooo, there are even worse tnz.

for example, 70% of ibadan gals think that Paparazzi means Razzi's father, etc
. Ketoprofen is a big fool.monkey

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
cherrykim:

let us know your state.(Not your current residence, i mean your parents' state of origin) cheesy cheesy grin grin
some people no even get state again...they even change their surname to Smart or some other western name. they can't go home because of kidnapping/ un-employment/ urban life. Ibadan is one of the best places to live in Nigeria and has a very reasonable cost of living, my Grand father still collects 5,000 naira rent per month! Ibadan has some of the best educational centres in the land, / and renowned for its great educational heritage in Africa. And they are here making noise. Anyway, na so them dey always bash celebrities. Ibadan rocks men grin

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by cherrykim: 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2013

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by cherrykim: 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
The reason why am asking there state of origin is because most of them are from less developed states, after they have migrated to Lagos State, they will now be doing as if there head is there.(Nonsense). Proudly Ibadan, Making millions in Ibadan, Living large in Ibadan,Sending money to hustling people in Lagos State) wink wink wink wink cool cool cool cool.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by AKO1(m): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2013
Ogbeche77: Report has it that customers who visited shoprite on it first day of opening in ibadan were over 102,000, but they recorded just N35,000 sale

Suprite ni ilu ibadan, Aku sopping ooo... Sopping atu wa lara ooo

I was one of the window shoppers there yesterday (yes my shame = 0) and I was surprised at the number of people that were *actually* buying stuff. Yes you had one or two people with only toothpaste and dettol soap, but most people were filling their trolleys/baskets.

To those saying it will close soon: Shoprite calls itself Africa's largest supermarket chain. They are not dumb or poor like some of you. Before a business of that magnitude invests an amount of that magnitude in a new market/city, they do their research. Thoroughly. There is a market for them in Ibadan and that's why they're here.

My only concern was that there's quite a number of local South African products that the average Nigerian may not be used to. I hope people are experimental enough to keep them on the shelves.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2013

Sangba lenu e. Enu re yoro. Omo atoko wa ba'le je. Can shoprite open in your home town? Shame on you and your cohorts

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by redcliff: 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
ayo2009ice: Good to ear dis

Another m.fucker from ibadan`

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by COMPAQ(m): 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
How does Ibadan get a Shoprite, when those of us in Port Harcourt don't have one!! Grrr!!!!

There is much more purchasing power in PH than Ibadan. probably due to the fact that RSG have not finished their RIVMALL after almost 4years!
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by 2legit2qwt: 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2013
ketoprofen:

Nooooo, there are even worse tnz.

for example, 70% of ibadan gals think that Paparazzi means Razzi's father, etc

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Felixadded(m): 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
nitlad: Great. Where is it located in Ibadan?
Is located behind Coaco house building at Dugbe in Ibadan.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Seyiboy22: 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
thank GOD ibadan is making tinx happen ne

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Felixadded(m): 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
It high time you emercipated yourself from your mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by akinzyakin(m): 1:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
Chai!!!

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by olawaletaiwo(m): 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
good,suit for that location,so SA won dominate Nigeria,MTN from SA,shoprite from SA too,ride on joor,we never no anything,later we go no waiting dey go on...we need shoprite att Ogun state.....there is good location for you at Cocoa cola Panseke
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by NovusHomo(m): 1:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
all4naija: Why is Shoprite not building standard malls in Nigeria? I am tired of seeing minimarts praised in Nigeria. If South Africans are ready to do better business in Nigeria they should do it big. I don't like Nigerian malls, most especially, the Shoprites. They all look very ugly.

With your money abi?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by amiskurie(m): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
small time ibadan girls will carry what they are known for reach shoprite.
#na ibadan girls go go cinema dey request for remote control.
#no be ibadan girls dey laminate atm card?
#dem go start to dey querry BABY KINGSWAY with that accent
dem go start polluting the air with their deadly gas,-i no dey for this one if ibadan biks gurls started chasing lift like molue o.
e no still concern me if them run into glass o.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Felixadded(m): 1:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
Zamoni15: it is pitiably lugubrious that many a people in nairaland are mentally drained when it comes to posting of comment,it is also lugubriously lugubrious that many a folks and niggas in ibadan don't believe in civilization.
What are you insinuating? With the way you flaunted the word 'lugubrious', it seem to me that you just heard the word!
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by cherrykim: 1:46pm On Jun 28, 2013
amiskurie: small time ibadan girls will carry what they are known for reach shoprite.
#na ibadan girls go go cinema dey request for remote control.
#no be ibadan girls dey laminate atm card?
#dem go start to dey querry BABY KINGSWAY with that accent
dem go start polluting the air with their deadly gas,-i no dey for this one if ibadan biks gurls started chasing lift like molue o.
e no still concern me if them run into glass o.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2013

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Gbawe: 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
Akson man: I'm only sad that indigenous Nigerian business men have not yet thought of cashing in on Nigeria's retail space and giving Shoprite a run for their money. Perhaps they are still learners!

That is my main bone of contention too. Disgraceful we cannot have an indigenous supermarket chain at the level Shoprite is operating at.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
Ibadan peeps wowo die
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
cherrykim:
Which kinda question be this?
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
tjskii:

Dis guy u no jus try,na we u finish so cheesy cheesy grin
lol.. No vex, couldn't let this pass
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
eaglechild:
According to Ogbeche the crowd is of low 'quality'.
Baba, i no talk so... I just mean say the crowd go for sight seeing tour
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Olaone1: 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
ibkaye:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Omo yi don come back sha. Oya scram. smiley
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
all4naija: grin grin grin You must be mad. How are they low quality? Are you insane?
oga relax now, abi are you among the crowd he was reffering to?
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
COMPAQ: How does Ibadan get a Shoprite, when those of us in Port Harcourt don't have one!! Grrr!!!!

There is much more purchasing power in PH than Ibadan. probably due to the fact that RSG have not finished their RIVMALL after almost 4years!
i dunno, but i think somebody said ibadan is safer than port-harcourt

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
Batam:
Sangba lenu e. Enu re yoro. Omo atoko wa ba'le je. Can shoprite open in your home town? Shame on you and your cohorts
Baba é take e easy, ewo ni tepé gann
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Policewoman(f): 2:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
deda: The much expected shoprite has opened in Ibadan. Just see how pple rushed in on the first day.Hope other supermarkets like foodco, parade, etc will still be in business.
SEE CROWD shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked D place go dey smell like shait!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Brave Taxi Driver Arrested For Reporting Suicide Bomber In Maiduguri / N2.5B Found In Stella Oduah’s Housemaid’s Account / Abubakar Ali In Auto Accident In Kano (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.