Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (40391 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by kennikazi(m): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
Cuddlemii:

I know. I was impressed because you did an excellent job with his design, despite the fact that he was your competitor.
You made his design even better than yours. You are my winner kiss kiss
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by badmusace(m): 8:18pm On Aug 27, 2013
From Little Starts

Before plants grew into giant trees,
They began as minuscule seeds;
Before men reigned as revered kings,
Without aim they crawled as little kids;
Tiny young water bulbs with time
Become the old large lady brine;
That gentle spark of unseen light
Can eat up forests in one hateful spite.
Despise not the days of little beginnings,
For within their grasp still lies graceful endings.

to all who took part

Congrats to timparker !

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Irshittabey: 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
I want critics to constuctively criticize my poem. But please dont let me cry. Lol.
Congrats to the winners.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Oahray: 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
Wow... Who could have imagined?

Congrats Timpaker, excellent poem there. A winner any day.

Princesa, did I tell you your poem was my favorite of the lot? Read it over and over and over cheesy

Congrats to every contestant... Never knew we had these many good poets on NL. Improving is easier with your quality around.

Great job judges...

Cuddlemii... I'd keep doffing my NL hat for you as long as I remain on this forum. Don't ask why tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by timpaker(m): 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
Seriously, I'm speechless. I still can't believe I won.
I wish to congratulate everyone that participated, both the organizers (who gave me the opportunity to tell my story through poetry), judges (who appreciated my work and judged me accordingly), poets(you guys rock! Not to mention those whose I wished I wrote especially the piece titled "two hours to live"wink, designers (especially Kennikazi, that guy na chairman. I'm sorry I bombarded you with grains of mails and for also making you fall in love with my 'seductress').
I could go on and on thanking and appreciating you all...

I'm not perfect, so I'm very open to the doors of improvement.

The poem reflex my personal experience with a woman hence my too many exaggerations in it.
I still don't see myself as a winner. You guys are the winners from whose shadow I'm lucky to find myself.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Solaceye: 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pls, anyway of accessing the best poem pls? Just want to go through it. Congrat to the humble winner and other participants without forgetting the organizers
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
***The End***

Everyone is a winner! I'm quite certain if this was reviewed and criticised by another set of judges, we'd have a different ranking. Kudos to the organisers and set of judges.

I'm strictly a love & romantic sorta poet. But this experience has revealed my versatile side -my alter ego. LOLx

Congratulations Tim for such an epic piece of art!!

Fades
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
timpaker: Seriously, I'm speechless. I still can't believe I won.
I wish to congratulate everyone that participated, both the organizers (who gave me the opportunity to tell my story through poetry), judges (who appreciated my work and judged me accordingly), poets(you guys rock! Not to mention those whose I wished I wrote especially the piece titled "two hours to live"wink, designers (especially Kennikazi, that guy na chairman. I'm sorry I bombarded you with grains of mails and for also making you fall in love with my 'seductress').

The poem reflex my personal experience with a woman hence my too many exaggerations in it.
I still don't see myself as a winner. You guys are the winners from whose shadow I'm lucky to find myself.

Thank you.
Congrats once again Mr.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by badmusace(m): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
And please before I forget, can someone please help to critic my poem oh. "Rapture". I appreciate in advance. smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
timpaker: Seriously, I'm speechless. I still can't believe I won.

Thank you.

Madina! Madina!! Madina!!! grin
Congratulations!!!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
Solaceye: Pls, anyway of accessing the best poem pls? Just want to go through it. Congrat to the humble winner and other participants without forgetting the organizers

Round 2--->https://www.nairaland.com/1402354/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2
Round 1--->https://www.nairaland.com/1380020/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
Oahray:
Wow... Who could have imagined?

Princesa, did I tell you your poem was my favorite of the lot? Read it over and over and over cheesy

Congrats to every contestant... Never knew we had these many good poets on NL. Improving is easier with your quality around.

yeah, who would have thought tongue you did a come back for us na, so now who is fit enough to unbutton eachother's literary shirt?wink

really was it? Am glad! cheesy

yeah, too many good poets with deeper and bigger vocab, phew! Guess improving is the next level for everyone so the fire would keep burning!

Well, at the end, i got my wish, was among the top five, in between them dudes...wonder if they've ever heard the phrase 'Ladies first' before grin

anyways, it goes to show that my love for poetry isn't a ruse smiley

I soooooo love poetry? cheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2013
badmusace: And please before I forget, can someone please help to critic my poem oh. "Rapture". I appreciate in advance. smiley

I'd inform the judges. Thanks
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2013
uniqueval: ***The End***

Everyone is a winner! I'm quite certain if this was reviewed and criticised by another set of judges, we'd have a different ranking. Kudos to the organisers and set of judges.

I'm strictly a love & romantic sorta poet. But this experience has revealed my versatile side -my alter ego. LOLx

Congratulations Tim for such an epic piece of art!!

Fades

Congratulations! Well done!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2013
Thanks to the organizers and all the judges (xcept the famous Judge 1 offcourse, who was determined to keep dishing me the '9 variants that i so hate! sad) I say thanks to all of you, for your time and effort...

And For those who read my poems and gave me feedback on what they think about it...i love you allsmiley

To My designer and friend, onegig...you know you're the best, right?wink

my friend again, ayd9...its being a while dude, guess you gave in ur all and came out better, well guess what, we tied! Ironical hunh? grin

and offcourse, humbled, cuddles, uj-sizzle, tgirl, mynd, shuga, thank you allsmiley

and so...

On to ...forever after!cheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
badmusace: From Little Starts

to all who took part

Congrats to timparker !

Lovely! Congratulations!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by timpaker(m): 10:30pm On Aug 27, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Madina! Madina!! Madina!!! grin
Congratulations!!!

Unfortunately, the real character's name was Pamela (I can't pronounce her other name before I bleed my tongue. Madina is imaginary.
Princesa, Oahray, Badmusace (I swear that your poem na die!), HBG, Uniqueval, Solaceye, Jackbauresball, Kennikazi, and others... Thank you for your kind messages
Wait a minute. ..Maclatunji, you are the infamous judge 5? grin ***doing sign of the cross* thanks man.

PS: I'm an Administrator and not an English language, guru, student nor a graduate of literature cheesy. I just love art and word play.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by badmusace(m): 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Lovely! Congratulations!

Yaay!!!!!!!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tgirl4real(f): 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
Love you too Princesa. We come from wayyyy back. I see a calmer side now. wink

It's a honour sitting as a judge over you all. I won't even call myself a poet ( I dey try sha. smiley ), but someone like cuddles believe so much in me.

You guys really gave it a good try. I see a lot of determination. And before I forget, letter to my hubby was a good try too. Sonded like sum'n I would have written, but I felt the harmony wasn't so tight. wink

@ Timpaker,

ermmm...write me a poem na to show your appreciation. tongue

Cuddles, these topics cannot lay to waste, what should we do about them?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by badmusace(m): 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
Tgirl4real: Love you too Princesa. We come from wayyyy back. I see a calmer side now. wink

It's a honour sitting as a judge over you all. I won't even call myself a poet ( I dey try sha. smiley ), but someone like cuddles believe so much in me.

You guys really gave it a good try. I see a lot of determination. And before I forget, letter to my hubby was a good try too. Sonded like sum'n I would have written, but I felt the harmony wasn't so tight. wink

@ Timpaker,

Cuddles, these topics cannot lay to waste, what should we do about them?

Let any one who can freestyle on em!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by badmusace(m): 10:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
timpaker:

Unfortunately, the real character's name was Pamela (I can't pronounce her other name before I bleed my tongue. Madina is imaginary.
Princesa, Oahray, Badmusace (I swear that your poem na die!), HBG, Uniqueval, Solaceye, Jackbauresball, Kennikazi, and others... Thank you for your kind messages
Wait a minute. ..Maclatunji, you are the infamous judge 5? grin ***doing sign of the cross* thanks man.

PS: I'm an Administrator and not an English language, guru, student nor a graduate of literature cheesy. I just love art and word play.

Hehe. I appreciate sire
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 11:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
Tgirl4real:
Love you too Princesa. We come from wayyyy back. I see a calmer side now. wink
grin grin

well I guess am finally growing upwink
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Oahray: 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
princesa:

yeah, who would have thought tongue you did a come back for us na, so now who is fit enough to unbutton eachother's literary shirt?wink

really was it? Am glad! cheesy

yeah, too many good poets with deeper and bigger vocab, phew! Guess improving is the next level for everyone so the fire would keep burning!

Well, at the end, i got my wish, was among the top five, in between them dudes...wonder if they've ever heard the phrase 'Ladies first' before grin

anyways, it goes to show that my love for poetry isn't a ruse smiley

I soooooo love poetry? cheesy
hehehe... I'm still not fit to unbotton your literary shirt, unless you order me to, and as my madam, I have no choice but obey you.
Heaven knows I couldn't even have done half as much justice to your topic as you did.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tgirl4real(f): 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
badmusace: From Little Starts

to all who took part

Congrats to timparker !

this is short n cute. wink

@ Princesa,

I guess so. wink
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by onegig(m): 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
princesa: Thanks to the organizers and all the judges (xcept the famous Judge 1 offcourse, who was determined to keep dishing me the '9 variants that i so hate! sad) I say thanks to all of you, for your time and effort...

And For those who read my poems and gave me feedback on what they think about it...i love you allsmiley

To My designer and friend, onegig...you know you're the best, right?wink

my friend again, ayd9...its being a while dude, guess you gave in ur all and came out better, well guess what, we tied! Ironical hunh? grin

and offcourse, humbled, cuddles, uj-sizzle, tgirl, mynd, shuga, thank you allsmiley

and so...

On to ...forever after!cheesy
you all know how to inflate one's small head with your comments. First it was cuddles now you.. Hmmm. Anyways sis your poems where awesome and i could visualise them as i read one line after the other.. Also you did the bulk work during the design process by sourcing that pic..

To other contestants, organisers, Judges .. I give you guys 10/10. Really enjoyed my time in here.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by badmusace(m): 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2013
Tgirl4real:

this is short n cute. wink
thank you. grin grin cheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by timpaker(m): 11:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
Tgirl4real:

@ Timpaker,

Acrostic

Definition

A poem, usually in verse, in which the first or the last letters of the lines, or certain other letters, taken in order, form a name, word, phrase, or motto.

T*girl4real, how I wish my muse and yours
G*rows beyond the squirt from our pens — But
I*n whose sheet would our pen speak when words
R*usts in the trumpet of our soul?
L*ike Robert Frost, will you follow 'the road not taken'? Its the
4*th market day today, buy your own drink;
R*ed wine from Solomon's bar- drink and
E*njoy, stagger in its knowledge; wait
A* minute! You're a teetotaller right?
L*ets leave this yearn, that thirst, get your pen and lets kill some pages.

Oops! Got the name huh? cheesy
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by badmusace(m): 11:47pm On Aug 27, 2013
Nice one , I once wrote an acrostic.

To most, this may be another odd write up.
Be not shocked it hides the name of one I know.
Remember, it's just a word it hides. A top
Feminine, whom some say her words I follow.
Riddle this, read closely and do tell me who.
I may love her, although I'm not really sure.
I have already given you more than a clue.
She gets up the hidden man with her allure.
Look at my words, scheme through every line,
And soon realize whom, like Poe's "A Valentine".

The first line d first letter, the second line second letter, the third line d third letter and so on. This one actually forms 'temiloluwa'
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by timpaker(m): 11:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
badmusace: Nice one , I once wrote an acrostic.

To most, this may be another odd write up.
Be not shocked it hides the name of one I know.
Remember, it's just a word it hides. A top
Feminine, whom some say her words I follow.
Riddle this, read closely and do tell me who.
I may love her, although I'm not really sure.
I have already given you more than a clue.
She gets up the hidden man with her allure.
Look at my words, scheme through every line,
And soon realize whom, like Poe's "A Valentine".

The first line d first letter, the second line second letter, the third line d third letter and so on. This one actually forms 'temiloluwa'
You just made my day!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tgirl4real(f): 11:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
timpaker:
Acrostic

Definition

A poem, usually in verse, in which the first or the last letters of the lines, or certain other letters, taken in order, form a name, word, phrase, or motto.

T*girl4real, how I wish my muse and yours
G*rows beyond the squirt from our pens — But
I*n whose sheet would our pen speak when words
R*usts in the trumpet of our soul?
L*ike Robert Frost, will you follow 'the road not taken'? Its the
4*th market day today, buy your own drink;
R*ed wine from Solomon's bar- drink and
E*njoy, stagger in its knowledge; wait
A* minute! You're a teetotaller right?
L*ets leave this yearn, that thirst, get your pen and lets kill some pages.

Oops! Got the name huh? cheesy

yea, u did. Lol

nice try. I believe u can do better. tongue
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by badmusace(m): 11:58pm On Aug 27, 2013
timpaker:
You just made my day!

lol. I'm humbled
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by timpaker(m): 12:00am On Aug 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

yea, u did. Lol

nice try. I believe u can do better. tongue
Huh?

I know its amateur abeg manage am. I've been outta words since today (maybe later) lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA / Pregnant Oyin VAkpan Goes Topless In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.