Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,007 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist (12446 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 10:24am On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee:
this will be nice and may be actually welcomed..

advent of DNA testing has made sole ownership of a pristine vessel irrelevant

A man can claim his issue based on DNA

Remember that in ancient cultures to avoid the issue of paternity fraud, female virginity was enforced
You mean 5 rod in one hole is welcoming??

I guess the woman will have to be the head of the family undecided
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 10:32am On Jul 04, 2013
Some cultures around the world practise it but lack of legal approval keeps them in the dark

This is a wide world with different people and inclinations

What is attractive here may be perverse elsewhere

So to each his own

Personally no

tintingz: You mean 5 rod on one hole is welcoming??

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 04, 2013
alutacontinua: I have to follow this.
Besides, where is coogar? Did he join Uju & Pataki on their trip? grin grin

*roooooolz eyez*
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by vivianc(f): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: So what will you do if your hubby introduce another woman to you as the second wife... Poison him?? undecided

We would get a divorce, very simple. Why would "poisoning him" even come to your mind? Are u This dark hearted?

Menh, I gotta move away before you pollute me.

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by free2ryhme: 10:59am On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Yes, really. While the Supreme Court and the rest of us are all focused on the human right of marriage equality, let’s not forget that the fight doesn’t end with same-sex marriage. We need to legalize polygamy, too. Legalized polygamy in the United States is the constitutional, feminist, and sex-positive choice. More importantly, it would actually help protect, empower, and strengthen women, children, and families.

legalizing consensual adult polygamy wouldn’t legalize rape or child abuse. In fact, it would make those crimes easier to combat.

Right now, all polygamous families, including the healthy, responsible ones, are driven into hiding (notwithstanding the openly polygamous Brown family on TLC’s Sister Wives, that is). In the resulting isolation, crime and abuse can flourish unimpeded. Children in polygamous communities are taught to fear the police and are not likely to report an abusive neighbor if they suspect their own parents might be caught up in a subsequent criminal investigation. In a United States with legalized polygamy, responsible plural families could emerge from the shadows—making it easier for authorities to zero in on the criminals who remain there.

Many people argue that there is no such thing as a “healthy, responsible” polygamous family, particularly for the children born into one. “Children are harmed because they are often set in perennial rivalry with other children and mothers for the affection and attention of the family patriarch,” argued John Witte Jr. in the Washington Post. “Men with lots of children and wives are spread too thin,” agreed Libby Copeland in Slate. The earnestness of these arguments is touching but idealistic. Men in monogamous marriages can’t be spread too thin? Children in monogamous families don’t rival each other for the attentions of their parents? Two-parent families are not the reality for millions of American children. Divorce, remarriage, surrogate parents, extended relatives, and other diverse family arrangements mean families already come in all sizes—why not recognize that legally?

It’s also hard to argue with the constitutional freedom of religious expression that legalized polygamy would preserve. Most polygamous families are motivated by religious faith, such as fundamentalist Mormonism or Islam, and as long as all parties involved are adults, legally able to sign marriage contracts, there is no constitutional reason why they shouldn’t be able to express that faith in their marriages. Legalized polygamous marriage would also be good for immigrant families, some of whom have legally polygamous marriages in their home countries that get ripped apart during the immigration process. (It’s impossible to estimate exactly how many polygamous families live here, since they live their religious and sexual identities in secret. Academics suggest there are 50,000 to 100,000 people engaged in Muslim polygamy in the U.S., and there are thousands of fundamentalist Mormon polygamist families as well.)

Finally, prohibiting polygamy on “feminist” grounds—that these marriages are inherently degrading to the women involved—is misguided. The case for polygamy is, in fact, a feminist one and shows women the respect we deserve. Here’s the thing: As women, we really can make our own choices. We just might choose things people don’t like. If a woman wants to marry a man, that’s great. If she wants to marry another woman, that’s great too. If she wants to marry a hipster, well —I suppose that’s the price of freedom.

And if she wants to marry a man with three other wives, that’s her damn choice.

As a feminist, it’s easy and intuitive to support women who choose education, independence, and careers. It’s not as intuitive to support women who choose values and lifestyles that seem outdated or even sexist, but those women deserve our respect just as much as any others. It’s condescending, not supportive, to minimize them as mere “victims” without considering the possibility that some of them have simply made a different choice.

http://mobile.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/04/legalize_polygamy_marriage_equality_for_all.html?original_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dwhy%2Bpolygamy%2Bis%2Bright%2Bin%2Bmarriage%26client%3Dms-opera-mini%26channel%3Dnew%26hl%3Den%26source%3Dlnms%26sa%3DX%26ei%3Dr-fTUcKiNcrGswammoBg%26ved%3D0CAUQ_AUoAA

How e take concern nigeria ?
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2013
Some ladies on this forum via various threads have applauded such drastic and diabolical acts carried out by females like them

Welcome to the cyber den of envious serpents and murderers

vivianc:

We would get a divorce, very simple. Why would "poisoning him" even come to your mind? Are u This dark hearted?

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by vivianc(f): 11:28am On Jul 04, 2013
@biolabee: Geez! I gotta get out of here.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 11:38am On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee: Some cultures around the world practise it but lack of legal approval keeps them in the dark

This is a wide world with different people and inclinations

Where attractive may be perverse

So to each his own

Personally no

I find it disgusting... 5 rod screwing one hole Gush!

Who is will be the head of the family? While will the kids will be confused who their daddy is.

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 11:55am On Jul 04, 2013
vivianc:

Thank God you didn't follow the league of women that says 'marraige is do or die affair'

These women are ready to do anything to fight their husband back or destroy him like poisoning, charms, love portions etc

Just read the comments of some NL women supporting a woman that killed her husband for bringing home another wife, and tell me if i want to pollute you tongue

Wife Poisons, Stabs Husband To Death Over Second Wife
www.nairaland.com/1231205/wife-poisons-stabs-husband-death
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 11:56am On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: I find it disgusting... 5 rod screwing one hole Gush!

Who is will be the head of the family? While will the kids will be confused who their daddy is.

is it the multiple male members in one female member you find disgusting or the fact that the strangeness of the family arrangement

if you know how many members have been in that your girlfriend you will step down

@vivianc welcome to NL, tingtinz u beat me to it
i was amazed by the bloodthirstiness of some of our females
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
free2ryhme:

How e take concern nigeria ?
ask google na tongue

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee:

is it the multiple male members in one female member you find disgusting or the fact that the strangeness of the family arrangement

if you know how many members have been in that your girlfriend you will step down

@vivianc welcome to NL, tingtinz u beat me to it
i was amazed by the bloodthirstiness of some of our females
Lolz @ bold cheesy

That just it many girls just open their legs for any guy that dates them... And i dont wanna marry that kinda girl as my wife.

The disgusting part in polyandry is when a man is screwing her wife the rest of the man will withness it and even join rod put inside hole.. Hian!!
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Lolz @ bold cheesy

That just it many girls just open their legs for any guy that dates them... And i dont wanna marry that kinda girl as my wife.

The disgusting part in polyandry is when a man is screwing her wife the rest of the man will withness it and even join rod put inside hole.. Hian!!

women are a wonderful gender

they wanted security and protection from the beasts and elements; we gave them companionship

they wanted more security and protection; we gave them marriage

they complained we did not trust their children; we gave them virginity before marriage

they complained there were too many unmarried females; we gave them polygamy

they complained that they feel valued in the multitude of their kind; we gave them monogamy

they complained there are too many unwanted kids; we gave them abortion rights

they complained too many foetuses are dying; we say ban before 20 weeks;

You take the decision on their behalf... they complain you give them no choice yet you leave them to their devices they say you are not caring enough

wow.... a wonderful gender

If only they see it is all about taking personal responsibility.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee:
The threads of the family section shiver in the wake of their catalysmic word battles

Just go to any of the baba oyo threads

Have a nice day

chai grin so talk don go plenty like this this cool afternoon grin o my my,ok ill check when an less busy.cheesy have a nice day too wink

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
fellis: I see nothing wrong with what this woman is saying. If a woman chooses to be a man's hundredth wife then that's her life and her choice, she is free to be wife number hundred.
Feminism is not against women making choices for themselves, it is against choices being forced on women.

However, legalization of polygamy would also mean legalizing polyandry. Sorry guys.
USA is very big on gender equality and if they want to legalize polygamy they'd do so by legalizing marriage of one person to different people, they won't simply legalize marriage of one man to different women. They'd also make it possible for women to have different husbands because making multiple marriages legal for men and illegal for woman is sexism and gender discrimination. smiley
exactly my point.you have nailed it perfectly,oya catch am emmmuuuaaahhhh :*:*
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: I disagree, Feminism is a hate group against men...you may see it as a way of fighting for women freedom, gender equality but in some of your posts i have been reading on NL i see hatred in you towards men and your fellow feminist on NL

Let me quote out some feminist words about men:

[b]¤ “I feel that ‘man-hating’ is an honourable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them.” – Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor

¤ “To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he’s a machine, a walking Love Machine.” -– Valerie Solanas

¤ “I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig.” — Andrea Dworkin

¤ “Rape is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear” — Susan Brownmiller

¤ “The more famous and powerful I get the more power I have to hurt men.” — Sharon Stone

¤ “In a patriarchal society, all heterosexual intercourse is rape because women, as a group, are not strong enough to give meaningful consent.” — Catherine MacKinnon

¤ “The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race.” — Sally Miller Gearhart

¤ “Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience.” – Catherine Comins

¤ “All men are rapists and that’s all they are” — Marilyn French

¤ “Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release.” — Germaine Greer.[/b]
www.womenagainstmen.com/media/feminism-is-a-hate-group.html

The name of the site is digusting angry

shocked shocked shocked
I pray i dont marry a woman with feminist/feminism thinking undecided

Lolz cheesy i mentioned your moniker because you're the madam feminist i have noticed on NL cheesy tongue
hahahahaha well some of them are right however you must realise that they are talking based on their experiences with 'men'.i have come across many of their online articles and journals and i have read some of their books by some of the authors you listed.however andrea dworkin a feminist was referring to people like you when she said and i quote her 'feminism is hated because women are hated (in other words,if you dont hate women,you wont hate feminism) anti feminism (referring to people of your kind and gender) is a direct expression of misogyny.(so stop hating feminism) they are only going to show intense hatred for men when one of them is abused,therefore it is not totally true they hate men,they only hate men that abuse other women and to be candid i loathe with intense hatred men that assault,abuse,debase and subject women to animalistic actions.i support that they should be treated the way andrea dworkin suggested.but she is even more nice here,some of the books that she wrote,you will set them on fire if you see them and like i said earlier,some animalistic men (not all men because there are some men that are heavenly) should thank their stars i am not a feminist judge,but if i was. grin the number of death by hanging will increase because i will so ruthless, merciless and brutal cheesy

but thank God i didnt end up stidying law,i studied something else.

Anyway on a serious note,all those women are internally and externally beautiful people.they are an epitome of love and care except if you have a problem with feminism cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Madam fellis...

Its not about gender equality but gender equity... Why shoud women be competing with men in every field?

Polyandry is practiced in some places but i find it disgusting to nature.

i support polygamy,polyandry and open marriage at the same time in the same place and the same country.if you are ok and practice polygamy and adultery or you support and encourage it ,you should not have a problem with polyandry and open marriage grin why do you hate receiving what you cant give grin

MOREOVER WHAT A MAN CAN DO,A WOMAN CAN DO WHATgrin
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee:
Polyandry... this will be nice and may be actually welcomed in some quarters
Personally for me I cant never be in a polyandric relationship ...

Marriage itself may be archaic in a few decades at the rate things are going

advent of DNA testing has made sole ownership of a pristine vessel irrelevant

A man can claim his issue based on DNA even if he/she was born into another family

Remember that in ancient cultures to avoid the issue of paternity fraud, female virginity was enforced
true. You are always in the spirit with me cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
Bwahahaha! Rotfl! E pain am! Imbe*cile.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Why shoud women be competing with men in every field?
Why shouldn't they?

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: exactly my point.you have nailed it perfectly,oya catch am emmmuuuaaahhhh :*:*
:* :*
smiley

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Lolz @ bold cheesy

if you are ok with insering your penis into vaginas that are not legally married to you,why are you now uncomfotable and uneasy with other men inserting their joysticks into your wives vagina.

I am waiting for an answer o :p 8-)
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ujujoan:

*roooooolz eyez*

Where is Pataki? wink
@op, you don't find it disgusting for one rod to be screwing 5 holes but you find it disgusting when 5 rods screw one hole. Remove your sentiments and think CLEARLY about it, what sense does that make?

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: So what will you do if your hubby introduce another woman to you as the second wife... Poison him?? undecided
i have no plans for marriage,but even if anything posseses me and i say i want to get married,i will go into an open marriage where the man can sleep with an many women as he wants to sleep with whether married or unmarried and i can sleep with as many men as i want.its a win win situation,nobody is the winner and nobody is the looser.a contract marriage,more like we are only mr and mrs by name,thats all.no one is heart broken,no one feels cheated.kojubelo
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2013
What an interesting thread! How could I have missed this?

@OP, what's wrong with having polyandry legalized? Whether you like it or not, many forms of relationships exist in the open these days, so it's just a matter of time before the government takes things one step further and legalizes them. Right now, marriage is not the exclusive perverse of the monogamous but extends now to same sex couples. In countries like Nepal, Polyandry is common and is a part of their culture.

Just because you've been brought up in an environment that favours the man wholly, doesn't make your view right or better than those that see things differently. Now, I'm gonna quote one of your posts and explain why I disagree with you...

tintingz: You mean 5 rod in one hole is welcoming??

That's looking at it from one perspecive - the man's. What about from the woman's point of view? If you think that's nasty, so also is the knowledge that a dccckkk that should be exclusively yours has been on a 'shooting' spree, servicing many holes (your words, not mine).

Anyway, let's look at things from a more practical view point, i.e polyandry. I think there are many benefits to it, for those that practise it namely:

~ Enhances greater economic power within the home(i.e: multiple breadwinners, single mortgage)

~ The death of a parent is less likely to result in poverty or destitution for the remaining family members

~ Common household tasks spread among more people

~ More personal time available to all members, without depriving children of attention

~ Potentially more enjoyable sex life without the risk of venereal disease

~ Less likelihood of being left for another man because if I fancy a 6th he will just join the gang (joke!) grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
Loving the jawjaw

Nice points so far
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee: Loving the jawjaw

Nice points so far

grin

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Princesszoe: 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
This is a serious issue. Between , i wonder why a male chauvinist especially in this nairaland section will go about critizing feminists whereas they have almost the same thing in common. Chauvinism and feminism are becoming a common trait. Please polygamy and polyandry is another form and cunny way of committing adultery. For the sake of our souls and salvation, we should frown on these filthy practises.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
Princess zoe: This is a serious issue. Between , i wonder why a male chauvinist especially in this nairaland section will go about critizing feminists whereas they have almost the same thing in common. Chauvinism and feminism are becoming a common trait. Please polygamy and polyandry is another form and cunny way of committing adultery. For the sake of our souls and salvation, we should frown on these filthy practises.

What makes them filty, Zoe?

If your basing this on religious grounds, then you're gonna be on to a long thing here because not everyone here is religious and shares your religious views. Besides, if you're going down the religious routes, Muslims are allowed to marry 4 wives and have as many concubines as they can cater for. (Muslims in the house, correct me if I'm wrong here o!, I'm no expert...)

So, are you gonna tell muslims that their religion which condones 1 man up to 4 wives, is a filthy practice? And if you're Christian, has Christianity not got it's roots in Juddaism / Jewish roots? Did they not advocate one man many wives? Did Abraham and Job not have many wives?

Same thing goes for those whose culture allows Polyandry. You've gotta be broad minded and have a wider outlook on things, rather than peeping out from the closet...

2 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee:

women are a wonderful gender

they wanted security and protection from the beasts and elements; we gave them companionship

they wanted more security and protection; we gave them marriage

they complained we did not trust their children; we gave them virginity before marriage

they complained there were too many unmarried females; we gave them polygamy

they complained that they feel valued in the multitude of their kind; we gave them monogamy

they complained there are too many unwanted kids; we gave them abortion rights

they complained too many foetuses are dying; we say ban before 20 weeks;

You take the decision on their behalf... they complain you give them no choice yet you leave them to their devices they say you are not caring enough

wow.... a wonderful gender

If only they see it is all about taking personal responsibility.
LOLZ cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: hahahahaha well some of them are right
Non of them are right.
however you must realise that they are talking based on their experiences with 'men'.i have come across many of their online articles and journals and i have read some of their books by some of the authors you listed.however andrea dworkin a feminist was referring to people like you when she said and i quote her 'feminism is hated because women are hated (in other words,if you dont hate women,you wont hate feminism) anti feminism (referring to people of your kind and gender) is a direct expression of misogyny.(so stop hating feminism)
If they are all been molested or suffered from their men, why coming out and generalizing all men as rapist, animals? Didnt they have father and brothers....feminism is a hate group to men, they use some few animalistic-men to judge the whole men SMH...

I dont hate women i have a mother and sisters but i hate feminist thinking, that group promotes hate on men nothing more

they are only going to show intense hatred for men when one of them is abused,therefore it is not totally true they hate men,they only hate men that abuse other women and to be candid i loathe with intense hatred men that assault,abuse,debase and subject women to animalistic actions.i support that they should be treated the way andrea dworkin suggested.but she is even more nice here,some of the books that she wrote,you will set them on fire if you see them and like i said earlier,some animalistic men (not all men because there are some men that are heavenly) should thank their stars
Lolz. . .are only women the victim, what about men that have suffered from women violence act, so because men are strong type and women are the jelly makes you and co feminist think many men doesnt face abuse, assault from women?

I have read in many news and magazines infact heard how some women destroy innocent men. . .so dont make it look like it is only women that are being assaulted or abused

i am not a feminist judge,but if i was. grin the number of death by hanging will increase because i will so ruthless, merciless and brutal cheesy

but thank God i didnt end up stidying law,i studied something else.
Yeah thank God you didnt study law because the hatred you have for men is over rated that i wonder if you have brothers at home cheesy

Anyway on a serious note,all those women are internally and externally beautiful people.they are an epitome of love and care except if you have a problem with feminism cheesy
oh yes beautiful they are i dont have problem with them, i dont hate,loathe women but the hate spirit(feminism) they organized to promot hate is what i dont like sorry to say ya'll feminist are just a weapon to destroy men no wonder mumy blue ivy(beyouce) was shouting 'who run the world girls' cheesy cheesy wannabe pump azz cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage / Few Month Double Door Fridge, 3hp Ac For Sale / What Habits Did You See In Your Father And You Are Determined To Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.