Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist (12461 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2013
kulyie: hehehehehe yorubas talk say alfa dey burn,you still dey ask for im bear bear grin what is the difference between feminism and feminist.is it possible to to divorce a person from her beliefs. Is it possible to tell a pastor devil loves you or tell an alfa to follow you to a strip club :Dyou are just a clown deceiving yourself grin
Lolz... Aren't feminist the innocent women and feminism the group and spirit that turn women thinking in hating men?? undecided
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by SisiKill1: 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
^^^^ He states on a thread where majority of the men have done nothing but bash women till kingdom come all because they want to be in charge of their own lives.

Double Standard Much?! undecided

fellis:

So in your mind feminism is the female version of chauvinism? Wonders shall never end.
And you quoted extremist feminists whose ideologies have nothing to do with feminism then started claiming that all feminists hate men.
As a muslim you should know better. What if I quote the things boko haram militants say about Islam and then claim that Islam supports violence because boko haram says so? Does that seem sensible to you?

Anyway your own no too consain me. Am waiting for deols to tell me what she thinks feminist means.

Are you minding him? One would think since HE started the topic about a self titled FEMINIST being in favor of polygamy, some of his teeny tiny brain cells will align together just for a few seconds (I know, I know it is asking too much seeing as that is probably something that happens few and far between with him) to process the fact maybe...just maybe being a feminism isn't about hating men.

For every idiotic quote he'a posted from women who hate men, there are 1000 of men who demean women in the worse possible way imaginable. So what his point?

Yeah, I too I'm very interested in Deols Response, although I can hazard a guess...Hey, it is not that difficult considering many women have fallen into the trap of believing the Male Chauvinistic definition of Feminism and some even go as far as acting on it. I honestly don't understand why anyone....male or female thinks hating on another person makes them more of who or what they are. The Chauvinistic man whose main goal is to rubbish you as a woman, tells you Feminism is about hating men and then because you wanna be a feminist...you start hating men, what fcukkk sense does that make? I'm sorry but that is not believing or standing for an Ideology...it is just plain ol stupidity. undecided

The flip side of this of course are the women who out of fear of being labelled Feminist sit back and allow men to continue to disrespect and disregard women. Either way you look at it, the chauvinistic man wins....he's got the woman who proves his point that Feminism is for the men hating women thus should not be given an audience and he got the woman who keeps mum at his shenanigans out of fear of being labeled a man hater. . .something perfectly exemplified on this thread.

Brilliant, no?

2 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
kulyie: on the contrary,it enhances my thinking faculties and given me a wide range of opportunities.imagine education and civilization wasnt brought to africa,people like you would have been using leafs of fruit tree tied with rope to cover your penis. Think about that :/ imagine what would have become of you if you were a stark illiterate.abi the peeps that make phones,tv,laptops electicity,planes etc,did they make it in africa.even if africans have innovation,its about magun,jazz,how to snatch someones husband or wife.abeg spare me joor :/

And slavery. Don't forget that bit.

Come to think of it, the quality of life 4-5 centuries ago, pre-slavery and colonial times was way better. Probably a blast.

Just imagine, swimming and hanging from trees buttt n@ked without a care in the world, no concept of time / rush hour traffic wahala, waking and going to bed as dictated by the sun, endless fresh, pure air, eating only organic food straight from the earth, no GM modified stuff... And no bills! No mortgage, council tax, gas, light, water, TV licence, phone, broadband, sky/cable bills, no parking fees/fines, road tax, insurance bills, school fees, nursery fees, ... Make I continue?

Oh, and looking forwards to living up to 120 years instead of dying 'early' from high bp, cholesterol, heart failures, liver shut down or, being thrown into the 'Old people's home.

No communal village life does it for me jare... cool
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

And slavery. Don't forget that bit.

Come to think of it, the quality of life 4-5 centuries ago, pre-slavery and colonial times was way better. Probably a blast.

Just imagine, swimming and hanging from trees buttt n@ked without a care in the world, no concept of time / rush hour traffic wahala, waking and going to bed as dictated by the sun, endless fresh, pure air, eating only organic food straight from the earth, no GM modified stuff... And no bills! No mortgage, council tax, gas, light, water, TV licence, phone, broadband, sky/cable bills, no parking fees/fines, road tax, insurance bills, school fees, nursery fees, ... Make I continue?

Oh, and looking forwards to living up to 120 years instead of dying 'early' from high bp, cholesterol, heart failures, liver shut down or, being thrown into the 'Old people's home.

No communal village life does it for me jare... cool

smh.are you expecting to eat your cake and having it at the same time.everything comes with its negative side effect,whether its pre civilization life or post civilization,there is always the good and bad side of it.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
tintingz: Lolz... Aren't feminist the innocent women and feminism the group and spirit that turn women thinking to hate men?? undecided
cant you understand english.i have been saying severally,it is not about men hating,its about killing and eliminating patriarchy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2013
kulyie: o really? So what would you have had me do.ok if you were kulyie,how will you have handle such a guy.and by the way,dont pray for such because it will not be answered.one day you will meet or come across ladies like kulyie or even kulyie herself :p 8-)
For the fact that i'm a human with consience, how will i pour hot water you even put pepper inside and splash it on someone face! Shey your sister be the first person to experience heart broken? No wonder we read women pouring acid on their fellow human in the name of heart broken

If it was me i wont do anything to harm him, i know karma exist he will surely face karma slap, my heart is not that harsh to pour hot water on somebody!!

Your action is no diff from boko haramist...stop hating men please
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2013
tintingz: For the fact that i'm a human with consience, how will i pour hot water you even put pepper inside and splash it on someone face! Shey your sister be the first person to experience heart broken? No wonder we see women we read women pouring acid on their fellow in the name of heart broken

If it was me i wont do anything to harm him, i know karma exist he will surely face karma slap, my heart is not that harsh to pour hot water on somebody!!

please i dont hate men o.afterall my father is a man,i have friends that are men both married and unmarried,my colleagues,bosses and surbodinates are men so why will i hate men in general.i only hate misogynist,deceievers and chauvenists.thats all

infact there are some men i love (non amorous kind ofaffection)on nairaland e.g biolabee,ogugua etc.i enjoy their company a lot

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2013
dude,,, that one you have to drop it

her reaction to attacking the breaker of her sisters heart is not a feminist trait... its one borne of the natural sibling instinct of protection

If a man messed up my sister,.. me i will do worse

Drop that one

tintingz: For the fact that i'm a human with consience, how will i pour hot water you even put pepper inside and splash it on someone face! Shey your sister be the first person to experience heart broken? No wonder we read women pouring acid on their fellow human in the name of heart broken

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
kulyie: smh.are you expecting to eat your cake and having it at the same time.everything comes with its negative side effect,whether its pre civilization life or post civilization,there is always the good and bad side of it.

Nah! Just imagine... You, me, and Sisikill could have been the best of friends doing the moonlight dance under the palm trees, with the likes of Oga Tintingz and Matthew Briggs seriously chasing and trying to woo with the biggest ears of corn harvest or tubers of yam.

In fact I can virtually picture them both doing your bidding, to climb the tallest, toughest coconut tree you point out to them, to fetch you as many coconuts as you wish.

Just imagine kulyie, imagine! Your powers over them. Intoxicating, innit? tongue
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2013
biolabee: dude,,, that one you have to drop it

her reaction to attacking the breaker of her sisters heart is not a feminist trait... its one borne of the natural sibling instinct of protection

Drop that one

gbam! You are just a man after my own heart.i wish i can just prepare pepper soup and fresh fish to show you how pleased i am with you wink :D8-)

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2013
dont forget some of us here will have like 3 wives, 20 farmers children
However nakidness will not a big deal since we all will be...

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2013
fellis:

So in your mind feminism is the female version of chauvinism? Wonders shall never end.
And you quoted extremist feminists whose ideologies have nothing to do with feminism then started claiming that all feminists hate men.
As a muslim you should know better. What if I quote the things boko haram militants say about Islam and then claim that Islam supports violence because boko haram says so? Does that seem sensible to you?

Anyway your own no too consain me. Am waiting for deols to tell me what she thinks feminist means.
Maybe you didnt read where madam kulyie said she poured hot pepper water on someone face...

Now tell me the diff between BH action and kulyie action undecided
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Nah! Just imagine... You, me, and Sisikill could have been the best of friends doing the moonlight dance under the palm trees, with the likes of Oga Tintingz and Matthew Briggs seriously chasing and trying to woo with the biggest ears of corn harvest or tubers of yam.

In fact I can virtually picture them both doing your bidding, to climb the tallest, toughest coconut tree you point out to them, to fetch you as many coconuts as you wish.

Just imagine kulyie, imagine! Your powers over them. Intoxicating, innit? tongue
grin i will be too shy grin infact i will use my hands to cover my eyes because i dont want to see naked penis with over bushy pubic hair dangling around :p cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
tintingz: Maybe you didnt read where madam kulyie said she poured hot pepper water on someone face...

the difference was that mine was dont to unleash anger on a person for a purpose wile the boko have no define purpose for bombing and massive murders
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2013
biolabee: dont forget some of us here will have like 3 wives, 20 farmers children
However nakidness will not a big deal since we all will be...

Haha!

True that... smiley

kulyie: grin i will be too shy grin infact i will use my hands to cover my eyes because i dont want to see naked penis with over bushy pubic hair dangling around :p cheesy

But they won't be facing you. They'll be too busy scrambling up those trees to please Omoge tongue

Besides, dem go don do the necessary puberty / initiation ceremonies, so they'll have that single rope around the waist. grin
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
biolabee: dude,,, that one you have to drop it

Drop that one

SMH...
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 7:23pm On Jul 05, 2013
tintingz: SMH...

dude.. dont shake anything....so u dont mind someone messing up ur sister

did u read any of these books THE BOY SLAVE or AFRICAN NIGHTS ENTERTAINMENT

not sure you were old enough....
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2013
kulyie: the difference was that mine was dont to unleash anger on a person for a purpose wile the boko have no define purpose for bombing and massive murders
Naa! Boko boys unleashed their attack on avenging their former leader Mohammed yusuf, he was killed by soldiers
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Haha!

True that... smiley

But they won't be facing you. They'll be too busy scrambling up those trees to please Omoge tongue

Besides, dem go don do the necessary puberty / initiation ceremonies, so they'll have that single rope around the waist. grin
hehehehe grin its better left imagined because i cant fathom the reality of living in the state of nature.oma terrible gan ni o grin
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Boss2013: 7:32pm On Jul 05, 2013
biolabee:

women are a wonderful gender

they wanted security and protection from the beasts and elements; we gave them companionship

they wanted more security and protection; we gave them marriage

they complained we did not trust their children; we gave them virginity before marriage

they complained there were too many unmarried females; we gave them polygamy

they complained that they feel valued in the multitude of their kind; we gave them monogamy

they complained there are too many unwanted kids; we gave them abortion rights

they complained too many foetuses are dying; we say ban before 20 weeks;

You take the decision on their behalf... they complain you give them no choice yet you leave them to their devices they say you are not caring enough

wow.... a wonderful gender

If only they see it is all about taking personal responsibility.

Wooooooooow! All that? Smh. I guess perception is reality huh.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2013
tintingz: Naa! Boko boys unleashed their attack on avenging their former leader Mohammed yusuf, he was killed by soldiers

they have different scattered reasons.not well defined
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
tintingz: Maybe you didnt read where madam kulyie said she poured hot pepper water on someone face...

What has this got to do with the point I made before? Kulyie's actions are not representative of what feminists believe in.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Boss2013: 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
kulyie: gbam.nigerians cheesy smh.always bringing religion and sermon into everything.reminds me of one lazy secretary that was transferred to my office.always sleeping and eating in the office.once she types for twenty minutes,she will sleep off and when i ask about how far with the work i gave her to do before she closes she will be telling me it is well ma.,you are blessed,you are covered with the blood of jesus,i told her immediately you must be crazy.if it is sleep you came here to sleep why didnt you come with your matress to the office.the next time you say anything about religion,i will give you query.keep our religious vews to yourself,do what you are paid to do and get out by 4 pm.you wont do your work,you will be preaching.maybe it is a fada that employed you,maybe it is xyz company,we will know at the end of the month.that was the day she sat up,did her work and left her religious views outside my office

I almost had an asthma attack reading that post and I don't have asthma. cry cry cry
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
Matthew briggs:
On reading this, I apologise for coming hard on you, you are truly happy been single, I respect your decision and wish you the best. But please do tone down on your man hating that seems to fill every thread I see with your name. I might be wrong but I think you are a man in a woman's body, so I can understand your pain. (no pun intended referring to your extremely strong willed personality)
There is nothing like man in a woman's body or woman in a man's body. Human beings are complex creatures and we are all different, there are men who are soft and emotional and there are women that are strong willed and unemotional, that is just their natures, it doesn't mean they are another gender on the inside.
Our physiologies/psychologies are very complex, it isn't black and white so you can't expect every single woman to be soft and emotional and every man to be the exact opposite.
People can have differing psychological make up even if their gender is the same.

2 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2013
biolabee:

dude.. dont shake anything....so u dont mind someone messing up ur sister

did u read any of these books THE BOY SLAVE or AFRICAN NIGHTS ENTERTAINMENT

not sure you were old enough....
Sorry bro... Am not the violence type, there are other way to deal with issues not unleaching attack, if it was a rape saga then the rapist should be put behind bars but kulyie sister was heart broken and the next thing is for kulyie was to splash hot water on someone face...what if the hot water damage his eyes and got blind or down with comma and die, she will start blaming the devil?

Like have said karma exist he will surely taste his own, do you know if she has dissapointed another guy before?

Again i SMH...
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
kulyie: they have different scattered reasons.not well defined
Yeah, there are other reasons, but avenging is part of it
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Are you minding him? One would think since HE started the topic about a self titled FEMINIST being in favor of polygamy, some of his teeny tiny brain cells will align together just for a few seconds (I know, I know it is asking too much seeing as that is probably something that happens few and far between with him) to process the fact maybe...just maybe being a feminism isn't about hating men.
For every idiotic quote he'a posted from women who hate men, there are 1000 of men who demean women in the worse possible way imaginable. So what his point?

Yeah, I too I'm very interested in Deols Response, although I can hazard a guess...Hey, it is not that difficult considering many women have fallen into the trap of believing the Male Chauvinistic definition of Feminism and some even go as far as acting on it. I honestly don't understand why anyone....male or female thinks hating on another person makes them more of who or what they are. The Chauvinistic man whose main goal is to rubbish you as a woman, tells you Feminism is about hating men and then because you wanna be a feminist...you start hating men, what fcukkk sense does that make? I'm sorry but that is not believing or standing for an Ideology...it is just plain ol stupidity. undecided
The flip side of this of course are the women who out of fear of being labelled Feminist sit back and allow men to continue to disrespect and disregard women. Either way you look at it, the chauvinistic man wins....he's got the woman who proves his point that Feminism is for the men hating women thus should not be given an audience and he got the woman who keeps mum at his shenanigans out of fear of being labeled a man hater. . .something perfectly exemplified on this thread.
Brilliant, no?

It is quite disheartening that a lot of women vehemently deny being feminists simply because the word 'feminism' has a lot of negative connotations to it (negative connotations that were attached to it by men who hate the idea of women being regarded as equal to them).
Feminism is now considered to be a terrible thing that misguided women engage in and this view is held by a lot of women, even women that have absolutely no idea what feminism means.
They just refuse to identify as feminists because they don't want the stigma attached to the word to rub off on them.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
Modified
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2013
fellis:

What has this got to do with the point I made before? Kulyie's actions are not representative of what feminists believe in.
I know that kinda action is natural to some people anger, but read all her hate post you will be shocked, na feminist inspiration cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
tintingz: I know that kinda action is natural to some people anger, but read all her hate post you will be shocked, na feminist inspiration cheesy
That's just her nature, its just who she is. Unless you can prove that it is feminist inspiration, don't make that claim grin

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
fellis:

It is quite disheartening that a lot of women vehemently deny being feminists simply because the word 'feminism' has a lot of negative connotations to it (negative connotations that were attached to it by men who hate the idea of women being regarded as equal to them).
Feminism is now considered to be a terrible thing that misguided women engage in and this view is held by a lot of women, even women that have absolutely no idea what feminism means.
They just refuse to identify as feminists because they don't want the stigma attached to the word to rub off on them.

Imagine the ridiculousness of this position, people can't think for themselves any more. It's so rampant on this NL it's frankly disturbing.

I remember seeing a female poster once say (paraphrased), "I believe in women having equal opportunities for women in education, employment and socially, the right to not be raped, equal pay for equal work....But I'm definitely not a feminist.."

Yeah, I was scratching my head for days at that one.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
^^ And I, am not a feminist... tongue

I just hold feminist views...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Marrying Young? / My Hubby Is A Nymphomaniac, Please Help / Pls Which Area In Ibadan Has Stable And Constant Electricity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.