Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,362 members, 7,826,425 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Muslim Sisters Circle - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Sisters Circle (20462 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / Advice For The Muslim Sisters Before You Say I Do / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
asslm alykm, tis great being able to discuss about islam with fellow muslim sister.
although i'm not married, but i'll jst like to say, may Allah (S.W.T) provide easurve for us in seeking HIS pleasure by increasing more in 'ibadah.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
ibit-abid-qudrt:
asslm alykm, tis great being able to discuss about islam with fellow muslim sister.
although i'm not married, but i'll jst like to say, may Allah (S.W.T) provide easurve for us in seeking HIS pleasure by increasing more in 'ibadah.
Wa alaikum salam. It's not just for married people, am not married either.
Amin
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 9:19pm On Jul 15, 2013
miss_bola:
you r exactly in my shoe except my husband is not demanding but i have 3 kids (age 4-cool to cater for, 3 bedroom house with 2 stairs, garade and garden to keep clean always.ironing, cooking, cleaning and many more. I find it hard waking up at night for tahjud and I pray ALLAH have mecry on us.
Amin.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
Salam alaikum uhktys.
With the recent events in the national assembly about girl child marriage. Please as Muslimahs, some of us mothers, share your views.
What is your stand on the matter?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by yat11: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
yat@11:
Salam alaekum to u all, ramadan kareem
Wa alaikum salam to you too. Ramadan Mubarak.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 9:18am On Jul 28, 2013
Bashfulness is a trait of modesty and a badge
of the Muslimah - but would you allow a good
brother to pass you by because of it? "

Ladies, your thoughts?[
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by sweettweet: 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
Sissie: Salam alaikum uhktys.
With the recent events in the national assembly about girl child marriage. Please as Muslimahs, some of us mothers, share your views.
What is your stand on the matter?
Salam,
The fact that somethings were practised during the time of the prophet does not mean it is applicable to us.We shld not forget that Aisha(RA)'s marraige to the prophet was divine. She played a very signaficant role in the transmission of the way of life of the Prophet(SAW) to the ummah after the death of the prophet(saw).This singular feat shows us her level of intelligence. How many 12 yrs old girl in this age can boast of this level of intelligence, these are children that we still manage to make them observe salah and sawm.
And a candid question to the men : How many 25years old will marry a 40years old woman, basically for the love and not material gains.
We are always trying to do things we feel will favour us but run away from things we don't find pleasing. Abegi o, I have a lot of ripe sisters looking for husbands o. Let us get those ones out of the way first before thinking of the small ones that we'll be teaching how to even wash plates and wear pants properly!!!

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by babybuzx(f): 6:12am On Aug 04, 2013
Salam alaekum. Can a muslim sister enter a mosque to listen to lectures and not to pray
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 9:29am On Aug 04, 2013
babybuzx: Salam alaekum. Can a muslim sister enter a mosque to listen to lectures and not to pray
Wa alaikum salam,
1. is the sister on her on period and can't pray and just wants to listen to lecture?

2. Is the lecture around the time of prayer? I mean the sister is not on her period, just listen to lecture and when it's time for prayer leave and pray at home?

3. Or you listen to the lecture and stay while it's time for prayer don't pray and after prayer continue listening to the lecture?

what are your reasons for not praying in the said mosque?

Please your question is a little bit vague, you telling me which of the three is the situation will enable me ans properly
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Pelummy(f): 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2013
salam alaikum , good thread
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Pelummy(f): 2:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
Sissie: Bashfulness is a trait of modesty and a badge
of the Muslimah - but would you allow a good
brother to pass you by because of it? "

Ladies, your thoughts?[
salam alaikum sis,what do you mean by a good brother passing u by because of your bashfulness?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 5:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
Pelummy: salam alaikum sis,what do you mean by a good brother passing u by because of your bashfulness?
Wa Alaikum salam.
Bashfulness means shy/reserved/not wanting to be noticed, so the question is if you see a single and searching good Muslim brother and you think he will be a good husband will you approach him and propose to him directly or indirectly? Or you will just let him be and pass you by.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Pelummy(f): 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
Sissie:
Wa Alaikum salam.
Bashfulness means shy/reserved/not wanting to be noticed, so the question is if you see a single and searching good Muslim brother and you think he will be a good husband will you approach him and propose to him directly or indirectly? Or you will just let him be and pass you by.
i understood. approach? i don't i can do that
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2013
Pelummy: i understood. approach? i don't i can do that
Why won't you? What are your reasons.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Pelummy(f): 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
Sissie:
Why won't you? What are your reasons.
sis,I don't think I can do such. I might not be able to give any reasons. Such thing are meant for the brothers to do no matter how thier bashfulness is. And besides I don't think It's an appropriate thing for a sister to do
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 10:14am On Aug 20, 2013
Salam alaikum habibtys/ukthys

The women around the messenger are perfect role models for us, so I suggest we discuss:

1.the women round the messenger, his wives, daughter, the female "sahabas".
2. Mother's of prophets
E.t.c

The aim of this is to study their lifes, contributions e.t.c in order to inspire us and help us understand better the position of women in Islam.

To make this more fun I suggest, we chose one or more person, give a brief summary about the persons life, the contributions they made and the lessons we can learn from them.

So I will start by discussing Khadija bint khuwaylid.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2013
Khadijah bint Khuwaylid

She was from the tribe of quraish and bani asad, she was à rational and venerable women who was famous for her strictness, reason and decency, because of this she was respected and desired by the elite of her tribe.
She got married to Abu Halah and gave birth to Halah and Hind, after his death she married Ateeq and they separated after sometime. She refused many proposals of marriage from venerable men.

She was wealthy and use to hire men to manage her business, being informed of the Prophet's truthfulness, integrity and good manners before his messengership, she entrusted him to run her trade, she was quite pleased with his achievements, but what pleased her more and gained her admiration was the Muhammad (SAW) himself.

She found herself emotionally attracted to him. She started to wonder will he accept her proposal since she ess forty five years and he was only twenty five, her friend Nafisa bint Munabbih comforted her and reminded her of his good character, lineage over all those venerable men who sort her, no sooner did Nafisa leave khadija than she (Nafisa) went to meet Muhammad (SAW), she asked him "why did you not marry Muhammad" he answered "I cannot afford marriage" she smiled and said "if there is anyone who could be eligible would you agree" he asked "who is she" and she said "khadijah bint Khuwaylid" he said "I would agree if she did"
Nafisa instantly went to khadijah to tell her the good news. On the other hand Muhammad told his uncles he wished to marry Khadijah, and Abu talib, Hamza and others went to khadijah's uncle Amr ibn asad.
The marriage was concluded.

To be continued.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
Finally, I got the answer to the bashfullness talk...lol.

I couldn't do it. Lol.

I probably have exaggerated my boldness in the past embarassed

God help me with my heart desires.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
deols: Finally, I got the answer to the bashfullness talk...lol.

I couldn't do it. Lol.

I probably have exaggerated my boldness in the past embarassed

God help me with my heart desires.

Did you try to "experiment" and couldnt do it.
LOL
Amin.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2013
Continuation:

Khadijah bint Khuwaylid

After the Prophet received Allah's revelation, he went home scared, pale and trembling. She encouraged the Prophet and went to her cousin Warqa ibn Nawfal, to tell him what happened to Muhammad (PBUH), accordingly Waraqa proclaimed "holy is he, holy is he whom in whose hand is warqa soul, if you are truthful khadijah, it is the great angel who came to Musa (AS) and Isa (AS), surely he is the Prophet of this nation, would you tell him to be steadfast"
Afterwards she went to tell her husband the good tiding.
Khadijah was the first to believe in Allah and his messenger and to embrace Islam.
She supported her husband and helped him endure the most severe kinds of torture and persecution, she relieved him when he was hurt or rejected.
Then the quranic verse was revealed
"O thou wrapped up (in a mantle)"! And thy lord do thou magnify! And the garments keep free from stain and all abomination shun! Nor expect in giving any increase (for thyself)! But for thy Lord's (cause) be patient and constant"
Al muddathir 1-7

Henceforth the noble prophet started a new life, full of blessings and hardships, he told his wife that time of sleep and comfort was over, khadijah then began to summon people to Islam. Afterwards the Muslims suffered many different kinds of chastisement, but khadijah was steadfast as a mountain. She put before her eyes Allah's statement:
"Alif lam meem. Do men think they will be left alone on saying, 'we believe', and they will not be tested"

When the people of quraish boycotted Muslims to besiege them political, economically and socially, she patiently endured the sufferings of the siege with him and his followers, she gave all what she had in the trial though she was sixty-five. 3 years before the hijra to madina, Khadijah died. The Prophet suffered many afflictions after her death.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 9:10am On Aug 21, 2013
The righteous soul went to her lord. Khadijah(as) was an excellent example in the field of the call to Allah and striving for his cause.
She was à wise wife who gave all what she had to please Allah (SWT) and his messenger.
The Prophet said: the best of women in it (paradise) is Maryam bint Imran, the best of women in it is khadijah bint Khuwaylid.

May Allah be pleased with khadijah bint Khuwaylid.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by mamamusty(f): 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
Assalamu alaykum muslim sisters, i posted a topic on working mothers in this section and would like to read our inputs, thanks!
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
mamamusty: Assalamu alaykum muslim sisters, i posted a topic on working mothers in this section and would like to read our inputs, thanks!

wa alaykum salam
can you post the question on this thread.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by deols(f): 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2013
Sissie:

Did you try to "experiment" and couldnt do it.
LOL
Amin.

Oh yh!

It hurts sha. Very much cry cry
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by mamamusty(f): 6:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
Sissie:

wa alaykum salam
can you post the question on this thread.
my question got aswered,i'd like others to benefit. A link was posted and i found it insightful, i'd have copied and pasted but am not sure how to go about it using a phone
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 8:08am On Aug 22, 2013
deols:

Oh yh!

It hurts sha. Very much cry cry

Hahaha, you tried, Pele.

It's something I know I probably will never do.
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by hob200: 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
awesome work sisters, keep this thread going
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Lalalaila(f): 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
babybuzx: Salam alaekum. Can a Muslim sister enter a mosque to listen to lectures and not to pray

As someone else commented on earlier it depends upon the particulars of the situation and the topic of whether a woman can enter a masjid has even divide the opinion of some scholars. (please please stop using the word mosque...it is derived from a Spanish word and loosely translates as the house of the mosquito)

My understanding of this issue is that a woman on her menses cannot enter into a place reserved purely for salah, so if your masjid is just open for prayer and no lectures you cannot attend but if it is also used as a center of Islamic learning you can attend lectures and other activities which will increase your knowledge of the deen and simply sit the prayer out. there is a great book which has compiled many of these issues it is called:

The concise presentation of the figh, the sunnah and the noble book by Dr Abdul Azeem Badawi.

also this is a good informative link:
http://www.islamopediaonline.org/fatwa/ruling-permitting-menstruating-women-recite-quran-and-enter-mosque
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
Salam sisters in islam, am following a thread on nairaland in which a muslim lady married to a non muslim husband is worried because her husband threatened to abandoned her if she refuse to convert to his religion. and her mother adviced that "a good wife MUST follow her husband religion" . whats ur take on this pls?
Re: Muslim Sisters Circle by Sissie(f): 12:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
joker5180: Salam sisters in islam, am following a thread on nairaland in which a muslim lady married to a non muslim husband is worried because her husband threatened to abandoned her if she refuse to convert to his religion. and her mother adviced that "a good wife MUST follow her husband religion" . whats ur take on this pls?

Salam, can you write the link so we can read the ful story.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? / Saudi Deports 71 Of The Detained Female Hajj Pilgrims / Here's How Long Muslims Have To Fast For Ramadan Across The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.