Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover (27352 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Am I Really Married Or Sharing A Room With A Man? / Married Or Not… You Should Read This: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by johnstar(m): 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
snthesis: dear NL members,
i need your advice.
i am in my late 20's got a good payin Job, unfortuntely/fortunately met a beautiful angel 5months ago ( twasnt planned). a few hours ago was almost tempted to ask her to marry me, but sum1 interrupted our blues.
so I'm back home, and contemplating my decision to settle down,
economically, it would involve
1. moving out of my rent free abode- accommodation (2yrs+ Agency) =1.9million naira
2. furnishing = 1million naira
3. wedding hall = 1million naira
4. entertainment of guest (traditional + white wedding) = 1million naira
5. Honeymoon tinz = 1million naira
grand total for settling down = 5.9million naira

alternatively
i cud just buy a tokunmbo Range Rover = 3.5million naira and use the change to be a "Bigs Boy"

i have the said money, so i aint sourcing, so pls by fellow NL members what should i Do, PROPOSE, marry, and settle down or buy a RANGE rOVER AND BE A bIGZ bOY. undecided
buy d range rover, u go even f**k as many gals as u like, even nairaland gals self, I ll advice u 2 buy d range rover asap, first tn 2morw, enter ikeja go buy am nw nw

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by strangest(m): 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
@Op, you are a LIAR, a big one. At your other post you said that you were married to a nurse

shocked
"
HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 8:35am On Jun 29, 2012
Hi everyone.
i need some serious advice urgently, my wife is a nurse she just got an offer for a new job, the salary for one month is enough to pay our houserent for the year. I am also working, but money from her side would improve our lifestyles- dats why i encouraged her not to resign.
the problem is my wife is super hot and i rushed into marrying cos i didnt want anyone to have her- i guard her seriously, but this new job is giving me nightmares -couldnt sleep throughout the night. she's still waiting for my approval, should i let her go or not?

p.s
she got a job to work as a nurse on an offshore platform- 3weeks on, one week off. and i've heard so much about those Hot engineers(and they also have lots of money to splash around), imagine my sweet angel alone with all those men."

3 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by crusufixo(m): 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
Bro !!, i understand that the moni is there, but then, in my opinion I would say if u are very okay financially, and u are sure of this lady, then go on ahead and marry her. You can as well do both ( marry the lady and get the range rover or a less expensive luxury car ). wit roughly between 950k and 1.5m, I waz able to get married ( and it wz grand I must add ). But then , it all depends on you cos its ya moni. All the best bro !!!
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by obelisk(m): 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
smiley
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by snthesis(m): 3:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
Victoriousvic: This doesn't sound real to me. . .but wait o, a wedding hall for N1m?? Wow!!
ask around in lagos for the cost of renting a hall- dnt want to mention names- no free advert
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
Youngzedd:

Marketers.....
Nope, he's a smart entrepreneur monetizing every life opportunity for his economic benefitsmiley...but I'm sure the threadstarter has a car dealer in mind b4 posting this...his dilemma is bw car and wife and not where to get the cargringrin

My advice is this: organise an in-house wedding...which won't involve much cash, like 500k, and then use d remaining to get the car of ur dream...which guy doesn't like to push his dream car Marry the two projects together economically...wedding mustn't be exorbitant for the marriage to be successful.

My opinion thoughsmiley
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by snthesis(m): 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
webdezzi:

Poster, this is so on point.

5.9 million? planning to spend it on rent that will expire in 2 years?
or vehicle that will become a liability, you start spending on the keep up of that vehicle from the moment you buy it

Invest bro, if investment is chosen wisely, you will drive that RR in 6 months and still marry that babe.
think bro, think.
invest
had a friend that invested in shares- went as far as borrowing, now the shares are worth nothing,
YOLO
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by AbuMikey(m): 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
You berra go Marry oooo!
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by InvertedHammer: 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
/*

[size=18pt]BUY A PLOT OF LAND [/size]

*/
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by yyb14: 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
dayokanu: Marry the Range rover
grin gringringrin
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Chinex911: 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
This story doesnt look real......
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by 25Calibre(m): 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
Tough call, both of them are liabilities. Lets apply logic, First ask yourself

1 - What purpose is the range rover going to serve, what purpose would the wife serve?

2 - how much will maintaining the two of them cost?

3 - What value will the both add to your life?

4 - What will the wife be bringing to the table, what's her job, qualification, career prospect?

Remember the vehicle has no mouth to talk back, whereas a wife does,

A vehicle will always obey your will, a wife may not always.

Compare and contrast, there you have your answer?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by vanitty: 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
Buy your range over please
With your mindset, you may not be ready to tie the knot
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Godson201333(m): 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
Nope buy Range Rover...See small boy mentality..
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
snthesis: dear NL members,
i need your advice.
i am in my late 20's got a good payin Job, unfortuntely/fortunately met a beautiful angel 5months ago ( twasnt planned). a few hours ago was almost tempted to ask her to marry me, but sum1 interrupted our blues.
so I'm back home, and contemplating my decision to settle down,
economically, it would involve
1. moving out of my rent free abode- accommodation (2yrs+ Agency) =1.9million naira
2. furnishing = 1million naira
3. wedding hall = 1million naira
4. entertainment of guest (traditional + white wedding) = 1million naira
5. Honeymoon tinz = 1million naira
grand total for settling down = 5.9million naira

alternatively
i cud just buy a tokunmbo Range Rover = 3.5million naira and use the change to be a "Bigs Boy"

i have the said money, so i aint sourcing, so pls by fellow NL members what should i Do, PROPOSE, marry, and settle down or buy a RANGE rOVER AND BE A bIGZ bOY. undecided
Olosi! ori e baje! Come marry "nairaland"?
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Orikinla(m): 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
[size=18pt]The poster is a joker.
No wedding will cost even N500K in Nigeria if you don't want to spend that much.
All these jokers on Nairaland posting fake stories are just clowns and entertainers. grin

My younger brother got married and it was an RCCG wedding in high brow Ikoyi with Nigerian military generals in attendance and everybody got served on ceramic plates, stainless cutlery and glass cups and well fed too and it did not cost a fortune.
A responsible man should be able to afford a N500K wedding or spend less and save for the babies on the way.

Nobody will force you to break the bank for your wedding to impress your in-laws or outlaws and other busybodies of the society.

What matters most in marriage is not the size of your wedding, but the happiness and welfare of the couple afterwards.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by sureway1(m): 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
byns: why is wedding expensive in nigeria
Okoro hw is Onitsha nw...
hope all is well..
Na wen you want marry?
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2013
You met her 5 months ago and you already want to get married?

Buy the range rover.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by vxtr(m): 3:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
If u are confused at this stage of ur life why don't u pray to God for direction instead of coming here for multiple advice thereby getting more confused. [color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Jarus(m): 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
snthesis:
tanx for the advice, but it is delaying the inevitable or making things worse cos the numbers i added will go up due to inflation.

mayb marriage can wait till i have money to throw away undecided

Interest rate > inflation rate; so you still have the value.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Jarus(m): 3:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
I spent less than 1m for my wedding, and it's a decent wedding, though not talk-of-the-town.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by snthesis(m): 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]The poster is a joker.
No wedding will cost even N500K in Nigeria if you don't want to spend that much.
All these jokers on Nairaland posting fake stories are just clowns and entertainers. grin

My younger brother got married and it was an RCCG wedding in high brow Ikoyi with Nigerian military generals in attendance and everybody got served on ceramic plates, stainless cutlery and glass cups and well fed too and it did not cost a fortune.
A responsible man should be able to afford a N500K wedding or spend less and save for the babies on the way.

Nobody will force you to break the bank for your wedding to impress your in-laws or outlaws and other busybodies of the society.

What matters most in marriage is not the size of your wedding, but the happiness and welfare of the couple afterwards.[/size]
500K wouldnt even get u a decent hall, talk less of decoration, photography, makeup artist charge between 100-200k,

im very serious about this thread, i have done research, was my pal's bestman a few weeks ago, and we went round lagos getting all these data, i have all d details.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Orikinla(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
Yield: You met her 5 months ago and you already want to get married?

Buy the range rover.

You are another joker on Nairaland.

It is not how long you have met that matters, but how well you know and honestly love each other.
I did not wait for donkey years before I found my wife.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Jarus(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
strangest: @Op, you are a LIAR, a big one. At your other post you said that you were married to a nurse

shocked
"
HELP S.O.S- My Wife's New Job by snthesis(m): 8:35am On Jun 29, 2012
Hi everyone.
i need some serious advice urgently, my wife is a nurse she just got an offer for a new job, the salary for one month is enough to pay our houserent for the year. I am also working, but money from her side would improve our lifestyles- dats why i encouraged her not to resign.
the problem is my wife is super hot and i rushed into marrying cos i didnt want anyone to have her- i guard her seriously, but this new job is giving me nightmares -couldnt sleep throughout the night. she's still waiting for my approval, should i let her go or not?

p.s
she got a job to work as a nurse on an offshore platform- 3weeks on, one week off. and i've heard so much about those Hot engineers(and they also have lots of money to splash around), imagine my sweet angel alone with all those men."

OP busted, strangely by strangest, not by oyb, Nl resident police officer.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by dastudent(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
What ever happened to a simple get together/registry with a few friends and saving your money.

I wouldn't marry a woman who expects me to waste money on our marriage.

The range Rover is a waste of Money though.Never buy what you cannot afford to maintain.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Durand(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Buy the Range Rover, let the babe just be a sweet girlfriend for now! With the new status your value has appreciated and a better babe will definitely show up.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Jarus(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
Orikinla:

You are another joker on Nairaland.

It is not how long you have met that matters, but how well you know and honestly love each other.
I did not wait for donkey years before I found my wife.

I agreed. Never by how long.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by mykelsmart009(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
Na my problem wit my fellow naija guys be dis...how can u tell me for wedding alone u wanna spend 5mil dat u won't see again?hia,its either ur under a spiritual attack or ur still not matured to get married mentally.yeah,its true evry1 wants his/her wedding to be exclusively ellaborate nd talk of d town,but wit less dat 2mil,u shld be able to get married.my advice;
1.Buy d range,she will marry u.
2.U can get somwhere cheaper to do d reception so cut costs
3.If fashola is not coming,guy relax,u tink sey nah all ur single friends wey show go give u same treat as u did?#wise up.
4.U can propose if u love her sooooo much,and sit her down to discuss dis with her.A well trained woman,who has respect for her husband and will be a potential nd understanding wife,will not allow her hubby to waste such money.and if u tink i'm blabbing,wen she sees dat u could spend well over 5mill for ur wedding(in dis eco condition),she will ask u for money dat took u some months to gather,in a day,nd if u can't provide,walahi she's looking elsewhere especially since u said she's d prettiest u've seen.not to judge,but its d truth...pretty girls don't like being controlled by one man,dey always enjoy d numerous toasters dey get and also extra change dey receive from dem.so be smart dude,marriage is somtin u shouldn't joke wit.#safe

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by dastudent(m): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
Jarus: I spent less than 1m for my wedding, and it's a decent wedding, though not talk-of-the-town.

Do you prefer to be the talk of the town or have a happy married life?
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by deols(f): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
money miss way

Did you work for that money?
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by dmy(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
dayokanu: Marry the Range rover
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Bigflamie(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
Dumb thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

72-year-old Granny Having An Incestuous Affair With Her Own Grandson / Share Your Challenges As A First-born / My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.