Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover (27360 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Am I Really Married Or Sharing A Room With A Man? / Married Or Not… You Should Read This: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Boss13: 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
taryour:

If you go on in life with this kind of mentality,young man I really pity you. Who told you getting married and settling down is throwing money away or you have to spend millions to marry You still leaving in a free house which guess belongs to your parents and not a rented apartment. <b>You don't have a property of your own and you talking of RRM/b>. You are opportuned to have such amount if its true,make use of your brain n spend it wisely. God help you

Kia you finish the guy. Guy honestly, go get an apartment first then get a smaller car, then flex around women and you probably might meet your wife. If you flex big boys with range and you live with your parents - guy you be borrow pose. Your reputation will go down the drain.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
On a serious note how much would a wedding cost in Lagos. I mean average wedding
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
snthesis:
u said i inflated the figures.
anyways to help you out, it ranges from 750k(with alot of i beg) to 900k, i did all this research b4 putting up this thread, meeting this girl changed my perspective on settling down
Lol.

I will leave you to enjoy your thread. I say it boldly that you can never never get a clean 2 or 3 bedroom flat in Lekki Peninsula Scheme 1 Lagos for 900k. Maybe a mini flat.

I have a 2010 built all rooms ensuite 3 bedroom flat in Phase 1 around Fola Osibo In Lekki Phase 1 going for N3million for one year minus legal or agency fee.

Ok. May be you got a good 'bargain'

Wish you happy married life in advance to which of the two babes you decide to marry first grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Kuklux1980: 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
if u have that kind of money . pls do marry
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by 2old4that(m): 4:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
Dis goes to show. . . a country of wasters!
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by snthesis(m): 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
Chrisbenogor: On a serious note how much would a wedding cost in Lagos. I mean average wedding
it depends on ur class and d reputation attached
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by yang(m): 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
Poster ur problems come from inability to chaff kombo in somebody's house.

Poster u should first move from ur Free accomodation to a furnished flat of ur own and then buy Range rover with the balance.

Then invite the babe to ur new house and chaff the kombo for like 2 weeks. . . . Come back here and tell us if u still love her then.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
Chrisbenogor: On a serious note how much would a wedding cost in Lagos. I mean average wedding
Let me try.

Ok u want to invite 200 people = 200k feeding
Open field when there's no rain= 50k
other miscellaneous say 150k
Total 400k grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by yetundeadioyah(f): 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
Buy the range rover and if you feel like shining congo insert your di...k in the radiator big boy.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by YommiE1(m): 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
with range rover you will meet more angels so take a pick cool
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
toba: Let me try.

Ok u want to invite 200 people = 200k feeding
Open field when there's no rain= 50k
other miscellaneous say 150k
Total 400k grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Errrrrrrrr Bros I no still dey for village, I don ride bicycle come "tanship"

Open field! Choi shocked shocked shocked
Bros you are hardcore!
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Boss13: 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
Well my first initial thought was that the poster was lying because a tokunbo Range rover goes for 5 - 6 million. Well many people post fictitious stories too.

Poster please note that nairaland has audit trail and someone can dig into your past thread or comments. Be careful and live an honest life.

IMO - The poster is still young and opens thread he sees in his dreams or imagines.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by GboyegaD(m): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
snthesis:
500K wouldnt even get u a decent hall, talk less of decoration, photography, makeup artist charge between 100-200k,

im very serious about this thread, i have done research, was my pal's bestman a few weeks ago, and we went round lagos getting all these data, i have all d details.

And you must do a big wedding and make use of an expensive hall right? IMO, I tell people no matter how much you spend for a wedding, some people will always complain about one thing or the other. Besides, it makes no sense investing for wedding and not marriage as the wedding is just a day celebration while the marriage is long lasting. Anyways, do what suites you most.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
Chrisbenogor:

Bros you are hardcore!
moderate wedding. Isnt just a one day event? Have u thought of how you would be feeding ur wife and children when they eventually come?

Guy u no dey try at all
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
Saintp: Some people are actually falling for this trash.The Op is just pulling ur pants. Who in his late 20's will actually think like this? Are u a learner?
...his parent are not nigerians and he was weaned from the bosom way too early....@ op if what u posted is genuine,get someone with financial intelligence to advice u(remember to be discreet about it), invest that money..make an investment portfolio inclusive of one which will serve as cashflow,a medium term goal and a long term investment..in any of this, buy genuine land/landed property with C of O,..why dnt u think of being a landlord...for the 5months thing,dude u just fell in love,wait till u fall out of love..wen u know urselves..: the good,bad and ugly and the strength of what u v,v been tested,then u know u got love and whatever ingredient u need 2 confidently talk marriage...for range rover part,no need keeping up with the joneses..if u place ur priorities right and stay focused, who knows?..ur wedding still can be classy on a budget.

1 Like

Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by chitexinter: 4:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
think twise, make use of ur senses, do the right one at the right time.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by manie(m): 4:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
Orikinla:

Plan your wedding according to your budget.

For halls to use, you can use halls in secondary school or tertiary schools.
And some churches have affordable halls.

DON'T DO A WEDDING TO IMPRESS YOUR PEERS OR RIVALS.
BE HONEST TO YOURSELF AND YOUR LIFE PARTNER.

What if the babe wants to impress her friends courtesy of the guy?
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by fapcrook(m): 4:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
Sky-walker:
why will this type of topic make frontpage?
I wonder o
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by softandsweet(f): 4:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
Sky-walker:
why will this type of topic make frontpage?

Honestly, he sounds like a really immature person. He is probably eating sugarcane somewhere and trying to dream or confess positively
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by GboyegaD(m): 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2013

N500k maximum
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by tellwsdom: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
hehehe...5.9million naira??......nt even enuff to buy my gold plated wheel
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by GboyegaD(m): 4:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
Chrisbenogor:

Bros you are hardcore!

That way he isn't decieving himself spending his hard earned money on a one day activity when he could invest same in his marriage.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by GboyegaD(m): 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
manie:

What if the babe wants to impress her friends courtesy of the guy?

Then her family sponsors everything and there has to be a moderation because the guy too has a say.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by ifyude(f): 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
Op you were seeking advice last year whether to allow your wife who is a nurse to take a new job as a nurse in an offshore company,you wanted to give her belle before she can take up the appointment are you high on something or you just open thread any how
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
snthesis: dear NL members,
i need your advice.
i am in my late 20's got a good payin Job, unfortuntely/fortunately met a beautiful angel 5months ago ( twasnt planned). a few hours ago was almost tempted to ask her to marry me, but sum1 interrupted our blues.
so I'm back home, and contemplating my decision to settle down,
economically, it would involve
1. moving out of my rent free abode- accommodation (2yrs+ Agency) =1.9million naira
2. furnishing = 1million naira
3. wedding hall = 1million naira
4. entertainment of guest (traditional + white wedding) = 1million naira
5. Honeymoon tinz = 1million naira
grand total for settling down = 5.9million naira

alternatively
i cud just buy a tokunmbo Range Rover = 3.5million naira and use the change to be a "Bigs Boy"

i have the said money, so i aint sourcing, so pls by fellow NL members what should i Do, PROPOSE, marry, and settle down or buy a RANGE rOVER AND BE A bIGZ bOY. undecided

My broda u nor get shin-shin. person wen get 1m will not come to NL and give his statement of account as u r doing like kid.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
GboyegaD:

N500k maximum
Oya bros break down ya own. I do realize there is a budget for everything and I am a strong advocate of not spending too much for a wedding. That said I am trying to face the reality of the situation which is why I am asking people who have that money and still spent just 500k.
Are you married bros?
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by denony(m): 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
The guy sounds like a little yahoo rat. Abeg follow the advise, marry the Range and buy the wife.
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by redcliff: 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
[size=14pt]two of them sef na liability. I am sure the op has started getting PMs from all these nairaland gehs angry angry angry angry[/size]
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by amber222(f): 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
[quote author=snthesis]dear NL members,
i need your advice.
i am in my late 20's got a good payin Job, unfortuntely/fortunately met a beautiful angel 5months ago ( twasnt planned). a few hours ago was almost tempted to ask her to marry me, but sum1 interrupted our blues.
so I'm back home, and contemplating my decision to settle down,
economically, it would involve
1. moving out of my rent free abode- accommodation (2yrs+ Agency) =1.9million naira
2. furnishing = 1million naira
3. wedding hall = 1million naira
4. entertainment of guest (traditional + white wedding) = 1million naira
5. Honeymoon tinz = 1million naira
grand total for settling down = 5.9million naira

alternatively
i cud just buy a tokunmbo Range Rover = 3.5million naira and use the change to be a "Bigs Boy"

i have the said money, so i aint sourcing, so pls by fellow NL members what should i Do, PROPOSE, marry, and settle down or buy a RANGE rOVER AND BE A bIGZ bOY. undecidedI beg don't disclose ur destinatn mk dey no kidnapp u o
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by Tbassie(f): 4:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
snthesis:
abeg, enlighten me
. Op carry the chic go your house,then pay later!!! Op u grab?
Re: Should I Get Married Or Buy A Range Rover by dabossman(m): 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
Guy buy the Range Rover, marriage will be chasing you up and down till you are hooked by fire by force by one over-eligible chic. I can't guarantee she will be an angel like the one you have now sha o! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

72-year-old Granny Having An Incestuous Affair With Her Own Grandson / My Partner And I Dont Love Each Other But We Respect Each Other / Share Your Challenges As A First-born

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.