Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! (44071 Views)

Disney To Boycott Georgia Over Gay Marriage Bill / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Ladies Boycott Every News Network, Demand Handsome Anchors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Go Down)

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 3:07pm On May 19, 2008
@visouls
FSB you have to stay informed on issues, You may say that the worst of Nigerians are in Sa ,

my guy, na wetin you dey quote sef, na me talk am? you should address that Tornadoz!!

I very much doubt that you are a programmer if you cannot place a simple quote.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 3:13pm On May 19, 2008
The people of South africa, especially the poor are miffed. They are outraged that there are so many foreigners in their country taking away their jobs and fueling the rising cost of living in their country and some of you want "Uncle" yar adua to ask Mbeki to explain why the people are angry, to you all?? Are you people high??
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Tornadoz(m): 3:15pm On May 19, 2008
@ FBS
you didnt answer the question earlier, are you saying there are no rogues in the US/uk?
Of course there are. My point is, any Nigerian with N70,000 or less can go to SA, hence the smallest and biggest crook will head to SA. You don't expect the number of Nigerian crooks in SA to do Nigeria's image proud do you?

back to your question, did you say a few bone heads? 25 people are already dead!!! those are people's parents , brothers, sisters,
You question was why can't they be deported !Am sorry but mobs don't deport people). My reasoning is that the perpetrators were at best a handful and should not be used as a yardstick to judge S African.

boycotting SA goods for a few days will do no harm
If it does no harm why embark on it?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 3:23pm On May 19, 2008
@Tornadoz
Of course there are. My point is, any Nigerian with N70,000 or less can go to SA, hence the smallest and biggest crook will head to SA. You don't expect the number of Nigerian crooks in SA to do Nigeria's image proud do you?

certainly not, does the ones ( the 419ers, etc, ) in the US/Uk made Nigeria's image good? what the heck are you talking about. what is bad is bad, stop looking for excuses.

You question was why can't they be deported !Am sorry but mobs don't deport people). My reasoning is that the perpetrators were at best a handful and should not be used as a yardstick to judge S African.
its better to be deported than killed in a mob, right?? such things should not happen at all!!! be it in SA or anywhere else
If it does no harm why embark on it?
when I say , it does no harm, I meant, that wont be a bad idea.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by texazzpete(m): 3:25pm On May 19, 2008
Ah. The wandering vagabond known as Tornadoz returns with his special brand of 'logic'.

You haven't changed, have you? it's still far too easy for you to abdicate a reasonable discussion of the matter at hand in favour of attacking personalities.
Sadly, you're still too dumb to realise that this approach clearly marks you as someone with no reasonable opinion to offer.

Yes, i remember you all too well, if only for  your barely concealed stupidity, your half-witted analyses of world politics, anti-semitic, anti-western views that made you an amusing addition to nairaland's gallery or numbskulls.

Now i've 'Welcomed' you back, let me get back to the matter at hand
Many Nigerians living and working in SA will resent your statement that the agberos and 419ers go to SA. Similarly, the estimated 1500 Nigerians in UK jails will no doubt be pleased to hear you describe them as the 'cream' of society. That aside, If you've been following my posts in recent times, i've been in the vanguard of those trying to spur Nigerians to reject maltreatment anywhere in the world, and not just when the targets are caucasians.
As far as i'm concerned, we should fight as fervently for the rights of Nigerians in Nigeria and Africa as we do for Nigerians in the UK.

But that doesn't fit your racist agenda, does it?

My initial post was heavily laced with sarcasm. Sadly it all was lost on your inadequate brains.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by visouls: 3:29pm On May 19, 2008
FSB: Tell me, Why not brush up your thoughts on issues, you sound quite unnecessarily judgmental on issues that you know very little about. Knowing how to express oneself is not an issue in itself, but to know what facts are actually behind such issues. If I may ask, what does cost to go to Ghana by plane? Or tell me how it cost to travel to the UK? Then I will know how best to tackle your myopic view on airfare.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 3:34pm On May 19, 2008
visouls:

FSB: Tell me, Why not brush up your thoughts on issues, you sound quite unnecessarily judgmental on issues that you know very little about. Knowing how to express oneself is not an issue in itself, but to know what facts are actually behind such issues. If I may ask, what does cost to go to Ghana by plane? Or tell me how it cost to travel to the UK? Then I will know how best to tackle your myopic view on airfare.

e ma gba mi cool, visoul, na wetin do you? have I talked with you on airfare to ghana or anywhere else? or abi I dey miss something here,

have you had lunch today??
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by tpia: 3:34pm On May 19, 2008
I read some posts on nairaland sometimes and wonder at the huge number of semi-illiterate Nigerians with access to a computer.

the ones with a degree of self hate totally unknown to other nationalities.

e be like say the large number of educated Nigerians is equally matched if not surpassed and outnumbered by the multitudes of half-baked "literates" spewing out rubbish which others are forced to read thanks to the internet.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 3:40pm On May 19, 2008
tpia:

I read some posts on nairaland sometimes and wonder at the huge number of semi-illiterate Nigerians with access to a computer.

the ones with a degree of self hate totally unknown to other nationalities.

e be like say the large number of educated Nigerians is equally matched if not surpassed and outnumbered by the multitudes of half-baked "literates" spewing out rubbish which others are forced to read thanks to the internet.
and your point is?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On May 19, 2008
Maybe the problem here is that instead of addressing the main issue, you choose to target Texazzpete without realizing that you make no point in doing so. You are quite correct to point out that what is happening in SA today is similar to what we Nigerians did to the Ghanians back in the 80's as well as the Siera leonians/Liberians back in the early 90's. If this was white South Africans doing this, I bet a lot of people in here would consider it a great evil than they do today. I mean read through the posts and you almost see a laid back attitude to this, even as they try to blame our own government for the problem. Imagine someone posting something like this.

Very Sad.

This again has to do with Nigeria Govt; you get this treatment when you give 'unconditional help' to people

We paid for their FREEDON, we provide FREE education to many SA during apatheid.

Nigerians should be worshipped rather killed by SA.

Where in the world does this mentality come from?? Does the fact that the people who are protesting are people who are poor and unable to stand the continued violent crimes perpetrated by foreigners, including Nigerians who are quite popular in the Hillbrow area for their criminal track record, elude us?? Why should South Africans be forced to continue to deal with the crimes?? Why should they worship us even when they have had to deal with increased crime and the other factors,from immigrants in their country?? These people want to have their country change policies, maybe even restrict access to foreigners.

To those proposing African brotherhood, we are yet to get it right in our own country and we want to demand it elsewhere?? This is similar to demanding we be worshipped outside of our own shores when we have yet to get an ounce of respect within our own borders. Why should other countries open up their borders when we have ours closed up from them?? And why do we want to open up our borders when we have yet to solve any problem with just our own people within?? Why do Nigerians suddenly call on "Uncle" Yar adua to help when issues are outside of borders but we do not when we have the same nonsense within our shores?? Case and point, the many killing of southern Nigerians up in the north.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 3:52pm On May 19, 2008
To anyone who is bringing up "Ghana must go" Fiasco as some justification for what is happening in South Africa. It is ignorant people like yourself and the ones perpetrating those atrocities  in South Africa that should be wiped off the face of the earth if you don't want to enlighten yourself. You are a waste of space.

The objective of discussing this matter is to learn from past mistakes and make sure they do not repeat themselves in any form anywhere on the continent. Codemning what is going on in S.Africa is a necesscity not just bringing up old tales from yester years or are you telling us things just happen and we should fold our arms and not say or do anything. Nigerians are not the only affected communities in Africa.

Africa Unite.

My condolences to the brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers that are loosing their lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Fy8e7RZow&feature=related
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 3:55pm On May 19, 2008
upon all you have written mr kobokunkie, does that justify the actions of these people??

if same had happened in Nigeria or any where else, it will also be condemned and it should be CONDEMNED!!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 3:57pm On May 19, 2008
morpheus24:

The objective of discussing this matter is to learn from past mistakes and make sure they do not repeat themselves in any form anywhere on the continent. Codemning what is going on in S.Africa is a necesscity not just bringing up old tales from yester years or are you telling us things just happen and we should fold our arms and not say or do anything. Nigerians are not the only affected communities in Africa.

Africa Unite.

My condolences to the brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers that are loosing their lives.

you got that right! at least someone is talking sense here, good one morpheus24
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On May 19, 2008
morpheus24:

To anyone who is bringing up "Ghana must go" Fiasco as some justification for what is happening in South Africa. It is ignorant people like yourself and the ones perpetrating those atrocities  in South Africa that should be wiped off the face of the earth if you don't want to enlighten yourself. You are a waste of space.

Africa Unite.

Here is your problem. You have already concluded that sending immigrants, especially illegal immigrants back to where they came from is EVIL. We did it and if we have to do it again, I will vote we do it again. What is happening today is frustrated people (mind you this issue did not prop up overnight, it has been in existence for about a decade now or more).  Bringing up examples from the past is to help us understand the frustration of the people and also help us realize that it is not just cut one way. Before this weekend, there has been growing tension between south africans and their african neighbours who happen to have taken solace in their country and happen to be contributors to the high crime rate in that country as well. What should they do?? When you say Africa Unite, is it that you have been able to accomplish that goal in your own shores and now feel you should take that to other shores?? We see clearly in this case that the South Africans are not all willing to Unite Africa and they are not really evil people for not wanting that either. The Jaguda justice we see today is a result of problems that have been developing for years. How do you fix it ?? By calling for South Africans to be more tolerant of foreigners?? why??

FBS:

upon all you have written mr kobokunkie, does that justify the actions of these people??

if same had happened in Nigeria or any where else, it will also be condemned and it should be CONDEMNED!!!

Please spend more time reading and less time posting responses to posts you do not even read. Where in my post did I justify the actions of these violent people??
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 4:04pm On May 19, 2008
@kobojunkie
Please spend more time reading and less time posting responses to posts you do not even read. Where in my post did I justify the actions of these violent people??
you should practice same, your entire post did.

just because we can't get things right in our country does not mean that such barbaric acts are excusable.

I get irritated when people assume that immigrants are the main source/ perpetrators of crime, THAT IS JUST NOT TRUE!!!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On May 19, 2008
FBS:

@kobojunkieyou should practice same, your entire post did.

just because we can't get things right in our country does not mean that such barbaric acts are excusable.

I get irritated when people assume that immigrants are the main source/ perpetrators of crime, THAT IS JUST NOT TRUE!!!!

Here is an assignment for you.

Point out exactly where in my post where I state that Barbaric acts are excusable and at the same time point out where in my post I state that all immigrants are the main source/perpetrators of crime?? If you have ever been to south africa at all you would know that crime rate is high with Nigerian immigrants in South Africa. It is not a secret at all as even I had to watch my self as a Nigerian in South Africa. Talk of drugs, prostitution, murder and you name it, many honest Nigerians in South Africa will tell you that Hillbrow is high crime area in Gauteng and Nigerians are notorious criminals in that area.

Instead of jumping to attack people blindly, spend more time reading and actually researching issues. I am not the only one on here who has stated that crime among immigrants is high in south africa but you seem to just want to pick an unnecessary argument in this case.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by ogedums(m): 4:20pm On May 19, 2008
African nations are ingrates. they always bite the fingers that feed them.
  seee angola, zambia even the useless and stupid SA. we help the get independence and the do this to us?
    Even mandela has not given a pess release to refuff the actions to bad
    Back home the FG is still watching the situation That is how ugly our foriegn policy has become. the interest of nigeria have been abandoned. for ghana must go. one benin will bet us too
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Echidime(m): 4:23pm On May 19, 2008
You people should listen to news and watch CNN,BBC and Euro news the attack is not targeted on Nigerians alone,but all foreigners living in South Africa,we shouldn't make it personal though the south Africans are behaving like CHILDREN they have forgotten the Billions of DOLLARS Nigerian Government Wasted just to give them LIBERATION,PEACE,AND FUTURE  from their white brothers.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown says THE WORLD CUP HOSTING RIGHT MIGHT BE TAKING AWAY FROM SOUTH AFRICA DUE TO THIS ATTACK,I know if ABACHA was still alive he will personally stop the SUPER EAGLES from participating if the Hosting right is not giving to another country.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 4:23pm On May 19, 2008

Point out exactly where in my post where I state that Barbaric acts are excusable and at the same time point out where in my post I state that all immigrants are the main source/perpetrators of crime?? If you have ever been to south africa at all you would know that crime rate is high with Nigerian immigrants in South Africa. It is not a secret at all as even I had to watch my self as a Nigerian in South Africa. Talk of drugs, prostitution, murder and you name it, many honest Nigerians in South Africa will tell you that Hillbrow is high crime area in Gauteng and Nigerians are notorious criminals in that area.

Instead of jumping to attack people blindly, spend more time reading and actually researching issues. I am not the only one on here who has stated that crime among immigrants is high in south africa but you seem to just want to pick an unnecessary argument in this case.
are Nigerians the only criminals in SA? what are talking about, research, assignment, bla bla bla, you sabi english ooh, grin

my point is this and let me repeat in case you have problem with reading, such acts as those committed in SA recently is bad to say the least, that immigrants are the reasons behind the social ills in SA is a false statement, ! there are criminals of all colors and types.

people become immigrants and this may not always out of their choice!!!

these attacks is not targeted towards Nigerians only, that should tell you that something is wrong with the society and my question was this: na immigrants because am?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Jeovy(m): 4:28pm On May 19, 2008
I felt very bad reading how humans treat humans,It is really sad,so much hatred in the world.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Echidime(m): 4:33pm On May 19, 2008
I think is time Nigerian Government stop wasting our billions of OIL MONEY on any of these african countries,soon Liberia and siera leone will start theirs.

All the money wasted in the name of supporting our african nations could have been used to really build NIGERIA and make it Better place on EARTH where people will love to relocate to.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On May 19, 2008
FBS:

are Nigerians the only criminals in SA? what are talking about, research, assignment, bla bla bla, you sabi english ooh, grin

my point is this and let me repeat in case you have problem with reading, such acts as those committed in SA recently is bad to say the least, that immigrants are the reasons behind the social ills in SA is a false statement, ! there are criminals of all colors and types.

people become immigrants and this may not always out of their choice!!!

Again ,

Kobojunkie:

Point out exactly where in my posts state that Barbaric acts are excusable and at the same time point out where in my post I state that all immigrants are the main source/perpetrators of crime?? If you have ever been to south africa at all you would know that crime rate is high with Nigerian immigrants in South Africa. It is not a secret at all as even I had to watch my self as a Nigerian in South Africa. Talk of drugs, prostitution, murder and you name it, many honest Nigerians in South Africa will tell you that Hillbrow is high crime area in Gauteng and Nigerians are notorious criminals in that area.

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by hilli666(m): 4:35pm On May 19, 2008
Arise, O compatriots, Nigeria’s call obey
To serve our fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labor of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.

Oh God of creation, direct our noble cause;
Guide our leaders right;
Help our Youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace and justice shall reign

I hope our leaders can read. Let them read the words of our National Anthem. Let the gods of our ancestors protect us from the madness that is now to set upon us. So soon people forget that we Nigerians are warriors in our own right. and have an inclilnation to war madness. When we Unite, no force can witstand our resolve. Have our history not taught us anything?

In school I was told of the great warriors that fought so valiantly for country. Great Kings and Queen. Now look, we have been reduced from our throne, striped from the rightfull title of the greatest empire in Africa. Only to be burnt on the streets of south Africa, and insulted by Ghanians. Nelson Mandela dont forget we played and integral role of keeping you alive in jail. If not for us the british would have killed you. Do you homework South Africans.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by FBS: 4:38pm On May 19, 2008
Where in the world does this mentality come from?? Does the fact that the people who are protesting are people who are poor and unable to stand the continued violent crimes perpetrated by foreigners, including Nigerians who are quite popular in the Hillbrow area for their criminal track record, elude us?? Why should South Africans be forced to continue to deal with the crimes?? Why should they worship us even when they have had to deal with increased crime and the other factors,from immigrants in their country?? These people want to have their country change policies, maybe even restrict access to foreigners.

kokojunkie, i bet you wrote the above:

and what you are saying is this and that was let to my question,

what is your source and why do you assume that it is the immigrants that are the factors behind the ills in the SA society, ?

no one is forcing SA to tolerate anybody, but don't SA citizens travel to other countries, are they not tolerated there?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 4:43pm On May 19, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Here is your problem. You have already concluded that sending immigrants, especially illegal immigrants back to where they came from is EVIL. We did it and if we have to do it again, I will vote we do it again. What is happening today is frustrated people (mind you this issue did not prop up overnight, it has been in existence for about a decade now or more).  Bringing up examples from the past is to help us understand the frustration of the people and also help us realize that it is not just cut one way. Before this weekend, there has been growing tension between south africans and their african neighbours who happen to have taken solace in their country and happen to be contributors to the high crime rate in that country as well. What should they do?? When you say Africa Unite, is it that you have been able to accomplish that goal in your own shores and now feel you should take that to other shores?? We see clearly in this case that the South Africans are not all willing to Unite Africa and they are not really evil people for not wanting that either. The Jaguda justice we see today is a result of problems that have been developing for years. How do you fix it ?? By calling for South Africans to be more tolerant of foreigners?? why??

How can I conclude that sending immigrants back to where they come from is Evil.  Thats not the point of what we are witnessing.

It is you who forget to see the the crisis going on in Zimbabwe and Nigeria which is forcing these immigrants into South Africa. What's the difference with refugees who are fleeing Darfur or who fled Liberia and Sierra leone. You are a silly nationalist who fails to see the big picture in the progression of African socities both in terms of economic well being and political stability.

History has shown and will always show that mass deportation(which is what you are suggesting) of any peoples is not the solution to this issue. The Americans know it the British know it and the South African should know it as well. What you are proposing and what you are witnessing violates the human and civil rights of any people in a just and civil society or do you lack that concept and think it is just some western "thing" that was created.

Though is understandable the pressure these immigrants are causing the poor in south Africa due to scramble for what resources are left, rioting ang killling should be absolutely codemn and shouldnot be tolerated.

The concept of Africa unite is something I will continue to champion, you can stay on the micro issues of the Nigerian society and not understant the that both concepts combined serve each others purpose but I guess you don't understand that fact which can be proven if you wish me to endulge you in historical accounts
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On May 19, 2008
Do you realize your post there does not 1) answer my question 2) You twist on what I posted there does not make any meaning when compared to my actual post??

Again

Kobojunkie:

Point out exactly where in my post did I state that Barbaric acts are excusable and at the same time point out where in my post I state that all immigrants are the main source/perpetrators of crime?? If you have ever been to south africa at all you would know that crime rate is high with Nigerian immigrants in South Africa. It is not a secret at all as even I had to watch my self as a Nigerian in South Africa. Talk of drugs, prostitution, murder and you name it, many honest Nigerians in South Africa will tell you that Hillbrow is high crime area in Gauteng and Nigerians are notorious criminals in that area.

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On May 19, 2008
morpheus24:

How can I conclude that sending immigrants back to where they come from is Evil.  Thats not the point of what we are witnessing.

It is you who forget to see the the crisis going on in Zimbabwe and Nigeria which is forcing these immigrants into South Africa. What's the difference with refugees who are fleeing Darfur or who fled Liberia and Sierra leone. You are a silly nationalist who fails to see the big picture in the progression of African socities both in terms of economic well being and political stability.

So suddenly, we now agree there is a crisis in Nigeria?? But wait, is it the design that if there is a crisis in Nigeria, South Africans should be FORCED to deal with the immigrants?? Thanks for calling me a silly Nationalist, makes me glad you do not see me as someone who thinks as you do.

History has shown and will always show that mass deportation(which is what you are suggesting) of any peoples is not the solution to this issue. The Americans know it the British know it and the South African should know it as well. What you are proposing and what you are witnessing violates the human and civil rights of any people in a just and civil society or do you lack that concept and think it is just some western "thing" that was created.

History has shown no such thing. Infact, mass deportation has actually helped so many societies over history, if you actually are not too biased to consider them all. In this case, mass deportation could actually be solution to the crime issue, which as I have pointed out on more than one occassion so far, has been a problem for over a decade now in south africa.

Though is understandable the pressure these immigrants are causing the poor in south Africa due to scramble for what resources are left, rioting ang killling should be absolutely codemn and shouldnot be tolerated.

The concept of Africa unite is something I will continue to champion, you can stay on the micro issues of the Nigerian society and not understant the that both concepts combined serve each others purpose but I guess you don't understand that fact which can be proven if you wish me to endulge you in historical accounts

I am sorry but I do not buy the idea of a united africa when divided, we have not shown we can handle the little we have to deal with.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by dee02(m): 4:51pm On May 19, 2008
@Poster

South Africa has a bad reputation with migrants, visitors and even amongst themselves (for example, white and black South African's constantly fueding and killing each other) and to think it is just Nigerians that get attacked is a bit SHALLOW because clearly, other Africans were involved!

It is disgraceful and un-acceptable, for a country who likes to think it is the best country in Africa to constantly get caught out

Tolerance is at an ALMIGHTY LOW and the country is simply not doing enough to curb the menace

I personally don't think boycotting DSTV and MTN would solve the problem, because some of us can't live without those services to be honest!

It may take something more drastic with a crushing impact on South Africa's economy to solve the Xenophobia

Blaming foreigners on surge in crimes is just petty

South Africa is full of HIV and they are XENOPHOBIC!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by BillGatesFan(m): 4:55pm On May 19, 2008
A Zimbawean woman said on the BBC news that,the south african women are accusing them of Taking their men,which means that south Africa is having shortage of men,another sign of the ENDTIME thats one of the reason why they should welcome foreigners with open hands and take good care of them instead of fighting and killing them.

They need more men in their country.

God really Bless Nigeria we have everything in abundance no shortage of men or women.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by tpia: 4:57pm On May 19, 2008
@kobojunkie

If you have ever been to south africa at all you would know that crime rate is high with Nigerian immigrants in South Africa. It is not a secret at all as even I had to watch my self as a Nigerian in South Africa. Talk of drugs, prostitution, murder and you name it, many honest Nigerians in South Africa will tell you that Hillbrow is high crime area in Gauteng and Nigerians are notorious criminals in that area.

so in cases of organized mob rampage like this one, do you think its the "criminals" among the immigrants who are attacked?

The alleged Nigerian mafioso will most likely have foreknowledge of the attacks or else will be able to escape with the help of their South African partners in crime. The people most likely to bear the brunt are the ones simply trying to make an honest living.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by zheroes(m): 5:04pm On May 19, 2008
let me start by praying to god to give the families involved the fortitude to bear the loss.

"any name your family members call you is what your neigbhours will also call you."

we have not been treated any better even right here in naija so why are we shouting?

we have had riots and violences involving one ethnic group against another.

we should start the fight right here in nigeria, charity begins where? at home. fight against corruption and fraud,rather than promote it, this way people will travel less and chances of being victims less.

can someone tell me how many ghanaians were killed? it could happen.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by favcom(m): 5:06pm On May 19, 2008
I can't believe this is happening in this age and time. Nigeria helped black South Africans fight apartheid, now they are at the mercy of the same people. Simple solution, LET OUR PEOPLE RETURN HOME while WE BOYCOTT THEIR SERVICES. Gbam!!! angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30)

Clinton Hinote: We Are Out Of Time, China Has Caught Up / Robert Mugabe Agrees To Step Down, Negotiates For Grace To Leave Zimbabwe / Meet Fares & Firas Muhammad: Muslim Twins Serving In Israel's Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.