Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! (44047 Views)

Disney To Boycott Georgia Over Gay Marriage Bill / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Ladies Boycott Every News Network, Demand Handsome Anchors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Go Down)

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by obiguy(m): 5:12pm On May 19, 2008
[b][/b]I must say that i am very surprised at the the news broken to nigerians by THISDAY news paper. I am a nigerian student studying here in south africa, and yes there has been some riots by south africans on other foreign nationals in the townships (ghettos) and these are Zimbabweans and mozambiqueans, they are attacking zimbabweans most especially because of the flood of millions of zim people into sa illegally and you should also know that 80% of crimes committed in south african violently are done by zimbabweans and not to talk about the drug trade which are held in high stakes by our brothers here. Till now there hasn't been on case of a single nigerian either injured ir even killed in this whole mess and i read in THISDAY that people are brought down from buses and killed, this is just too much to say, I want to see where they got their sources from. Yes south africans have attitude problems with foreigners in their country in general, but this recent attack is targetted at zimbabweans and have not affected even ONE NIGERIAN!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by BillGatesFan(m): 5:14pm On May 19, 2008
@favcom: You have the point .

South African forget that nothing is permanent on earth,they forgot that their so called temporary peace and economic development is not permanent either

African nations should bring their citizens back to their respective countries and watch south africans return back to their days of apatheid,suffering,and hardship, only then will they start calling african nation for help then we give them conditions.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 5:32pm On May 19, 2008
Kobojunkie:

So suddenly, we now agree there is a crisis in Nigeria?? But wait, is it the design that if there is a crisis in Nigeria, South Africans should be FORCED to deal with the immigrants?? Thanks for calling me a silly Nationalist, makes me glad you do not see me as someone who thinks as you do.

History has shown no such thing. Infact, mass deportation has actually helped so many societies over history, if you actually are not too biased to consider them all. In this case, mass deportation could actually be solution to the crime issue, which as I have pointed out on more than one occassion so far, has been a problem for over a decade now in south africa.

I am sorry but I do not buy the idea of a united africa when divided, we have not shown we can handle the little responsibility we are supposed to deal with.

Okay when you successfully deport everyone who is not like you and form a government in Nigeria that is self sustainable and can provide its people with everyting they need and then all our people from the diaspora come back and make Nigeria the greatest country in Africa thenyour government provides all the needs and wants  a human being can ever deisre and  cause him not to step outside of his shores for anything else then you will be satisfied at that point that Nigeria or any other African nations is ready to intergrate and unite Africa. It is obvious you lack the concept of economics and human history as far as migration and survical is concerned. The economic stability of a nation is related to its relationship with the nations around its vicinity.

Immigrants are a resource to a country if their abilities are tapped into properly. Mass illegal immigration to any country will over time becoming a compounding problem to any society.Simply deporting the lot of them is not a sensible answer.  Restricting and enforcing entry to any society by means of legislation is a civil means of curbing such crisis. What you are doing is demonizing and saying if 10% of a population or group of people is corrupt then we should eliminate the entire populous to solve the issue as related to crime. If you can lead me to the statistic where the overwhelming # of Nigerians or Zimbabweans are involved in criminal activity in south africa I will agree with you otherwise stop your rational. It doesn't make sense. All it is is Drastic and where any thing is done is such a manner leaves people sour and bitter and vengeful.

As far as history is concerned I'll take the mass deportation of the jews from europe. What did it solve, eh yeah Germany was left for the germans and they prospered but what effect did that cause. The creation of the Jewish state, ergo the palestinian problem ergo the middle east crisis ergo terrorism ergo bombings in the Americas and in europe ergo now these same governments and the western world including Germany will face a new set a problems. Oh yeah forgot they are rich now so that makes it okay. They have the money to spend .
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sage2(m): 5:37pm On May 19, 2008
ALL THIS NOISE IN NAIRALAND CANNOT GET US THE DESIRED RESULT. THE BEST WAY TO REACT TO THIS INSULT IS;
1. DESTROY YOUR MTN SIM CARD
2. SMASH YOUR DSTV DECODER AND
3. NEVER STEP YOUR FEET ON SHOPRITE AGAIN

FAILURE TO DO THESE, CONSIDER YOURSELF PART OF THE PROBLEM.

May the gentle souls of our beloved countrym, whose promising lives were cut short by senseless south african 'XENOPHOBIC GANGSTERS' rest in perfect peace. Amen.

LETS LEAVE THIER COUNTRY AND SEE IF THIER PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED.

By the way, what are those sold-out looters in abuja saying or doing about it?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mubaraqqq(f): 5:40pm On May 19, 2008
The white people have done such a good job when they colonized us, because we are still doing their job for them. The white man's best work was teaching the black race how to hate each other. They did an excellent job. How do you get to the point that you take someone else's life, you will take a stick and beat them until they die without feeling a thing.

This was the same thing that happened in Kenyan about 4 months ago. They would drag people from their cars and beat them until they die. Instead of us joining together and facing the real problem, which is our government. Do you blame the people from Zimbabwe for running away from Mugabe. The South Africans government is the problem, not foreigners.

When will we understand that we are in this together, and that we are all after the same thing? Let’s take all that frustration, anger and place it where it belongs. “Our African government", because of their greed and wickedness they continue to be the white man's puppet. God knows running away from our countries hasn't solved anything.

We are all sleeping on China; they are the next slave masters. They are looting our resources like no man’s business.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Tornadoz(m): 5:47pm On May 19, 2008
sage_:

ALL THIS NOISE IN NAIRALAND CANNOT GET US THE DESIRED RESULT. THE BEST WAY TO REACT TO THIS INSULT IS;

May the gentle souls of our beloved countrym, whose promising lives were cut short by senseless south african 'XENOPHOBIC GANGSTERS' rest in perfect peace. Amen.

Nigerians living in SA has said this is untrue, read Obiguy's post above yours.

Anyway don't forget to smash your computer when Nigerians are killed in Europe and America.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On May 19, 2008
morpheus24:

Okay when you successfully deport everyone who is not like you and form a government in Nigeria that is self sustainable and can provide its people with everyting they need and then all our people from the diaspora come back and make Nigeria the greatest country in Africa thenyour government provides all the needs and wants  a human being can ever deisre and  cause him not to step outside of his shores for anything else then you will be satisfied at that point that Nigeria or any other African nations is ready to intergrate and unite Africa. It is obvious you lack the concept of economics and human history as far as migration and survical is concerned. The economic stability of a nation is related to its relationship with the nations around its vicinity.

I am sorry but what do you even mean by the above?? If you want this to be an argument based on sentiments and feelings then do inform me so I can put on my "imagination" instead and we can all dump reality and walk on clouds together. History shows that countries make decisions based on situations to deport or not to deport. No record shows that deporting all ALWAYS harms the deportee in the end. Please put sentiments and emotions aside here.

Immigrants are a resource to a country if their abilities are tapped into properly. Mass illegal immigration to any country will over time becoming a compounding problem to any society.Simply deporting the lot of them is not a sensible answer.  Restricting and enforcing entry to any society by means of legislation is a civil means of curbing such crisis. What you are doing is demonizing and saying if 10% of a population or group of people is corrupt then we should eliminate the entire populous to solve the issue as related to crime. If you can lead me to the statistic where the overwhelming # of Nigerians or Zimbabweans are involved in criminal activity in south africa I will agree with you otherwise stop your rational. It doesn't make sense. All it is is Drastic and where any thing is done is such a manner leaves people sour and bitter and vengeful.

As far as history is concerned I'll take the mass deportation of the jews from europe. What did it solve, eh yeah Germany was left for the germans and they prospered but what effect did that cause. The creation of the Jewish state, ergo the palestinian problem ergo the middle east crisis ergo terrorism ergo bombings in the Americas and in europe ergo now these same governments and the western world including Germany will face a new set a problems. Oh yeah forgot they are rich now so that makes it okay. They have the money to spend .

Trying to boil all history down to one or two cases where there was problem of mass deportation is a ridiculous way to argue a point. This case is not same as the german-jew issue back in the 40's, so please stop trying to link two completely unrelated cases here. This debate is not about the importance of immigrants to a countries economy but what is actually happening in South Africa today with the huge influx of immigrants they have had to deal with and how the people are reacting to it. If you want a debate on immigration and it's advantages and disadvantages, start another thread and better still, make it about Nigeria.

To continue the debate,

The impression I got of south africans is that they are not all really a hard working bunch. I mean there are the hard working ones but compared to the Nigerians I met down there, I would venture to say that the Nigerians seemed more eager to make a decent living than many of the south africans I met. Kind of reminds me of the problem I see here in the United states as well.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mubaraqqq(f): 5:49pm On May 19, 2008
sage_:

The South African companies are not the problem. The problem is the lack of leadership in Africa. Government. What does boycotting solve? Who are you hurting when you boycott? The people doing this killings, are common SA, who are furstrated and don't know what to do. They then take it out on foreigners. Just like you saying let's boycott. Did shoprite people kill NIgerians?

The root of the problem is our own govt. Just like the root of the problem in SA is their Govt. Let's stop the BS and attack the real problem, not all this time wastiing about boycotting. The real problem is our govt
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 5:52pm On May 19, 2008
obiguy:

[b][/b]I must say that i am very surprised at the the news broken to nigerians by THISDAY news paper. I am a nigerian student studying here in south africa, and yes there has been some riots by south africans on other foreign nationals in the townships (ghettos) and these are Zimbabweans and mozambiqueans, they are attacking zimbabweans most especially because of the flood of millions of zim people into sa illegally and you should also know that 80% of crimes committed in south african violently are done by zimbabweans and not to talk about the drug trade which are held in high stakes by our brothers here. Till now there hasn't been on case of a single nigerian either injured ir even killed in this whole mess and i read in THISDAY that people are brought down from buses and killed, this is just too much to say, I want to see where they got their sources from. Yes south africans have attitude problems with foreigners in their country in general, but this recent attack is targetted at zimbabweans and have not affected even ONE NIGERIAN!

Your stats are misleadin. You are listening to too much SABC . If 80% of crimes are commited by 10% of the entire zimbabwean population , that does not justify what you are seeing. Only barbarians would endulge in such acts as you see.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by hola2ng(m): 5:54pm On May 19, 2008
These are acts of Xenophobia(A fear of foreigners or strangers) and it is indeed tragic.
Majority of those targeted are immigrants from Zimbabwe and it's a big shame really.
And according to the BBC, "Some 6,000 people have fled the wave of attacks on foreigners in South Africa, which has left at least 22 dead, aid workers say". http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7407914.stm

What more can be said but than to condemn these attacks outrightly. What is the cost of human life in Africa ?
It's easy to start trading blames over the violent attacks. With one SA Paper putting the blame on the South African government for failing to even acknowledge the crisis in Zimbabwe and has resulted in as many as three million Zimbabweans walking the streets of South Africa.

Last year alone more than 40 Nigerians were killed,from attacks and robberies in that country, a figure which has irked the Nigerian senate.

It doesn't matter which country's nationals were attacked. There is simply no justification for attacking people simply because they are not South African nationals.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 6:00pm On May 19, 2008
This is terrible.
I have friends and family in SA
I hope they're OK.

Just last decade these people were running like animals while white police men shot at them and released while German Sheperds on them
Now their fellow Africans who fought to make them free are now their targets.
Nigerians should leave that HIV infested land anyway
anyone dating their women  with their notorious wide hips should better wave his family goodbye,the HIV rates are through the roof.

This needs to get to the international media so all the tourism can stop maybe then the government will help put a stop to this nonsense
I hope Oprah is reading this because I get sickened by all her South African nonsense.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Ogingin: 6:12pm On May 19, 2008
Hmm!!!  cry what is happening in SA now to Nigerians or any blacks whatsoever is rather unfortunate, these same people that we all fought to librate not long ago (about 18 years) can now turn around to kill us, what an irony. I 'm appealing to President Ubeki and other well meaning people of SA to call their dogs to order and stop this madness immediately.

I know Nigeria, giant without head, is not going to do anything because many of our looters sorry rulers are said to invest their loots in this country thereby causing their citizens to leave Nigeria and seek greener pasture at the expense of their lives. One thing I know for sure is that the blood of these people are on their heads whether they like it or not. cry
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by manmustwac(m): 6:18pm On May 19, 2008
This was a timebomb waiting to happen. South Africa should have good border controls.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 19, 2008
manmustwac:

This was a timebomb waiting to happen. South Africa should have good border controls.

what has that got to do with the peresent situation, more like medicine after death.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by skfa1: 6:46pm On May 19, 2008
Brother killing brother. We gat to wise up in Africa.May God help us.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 6:47pm On May 19, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but what do you even mean by the above?? If you want this to be an argument based on sentiments and feelings then do inform me so I can put on my "imagination" instead and we can all dump reality and walk on clouds together. History shows that countries make decisions based on situations to deport or not to deport. No record shows that deporting all ALWAYS harms the deportee in the end. Please put sentiments and emotions aside here.

Trying to boil all history down to one or two cases where there was problem of mass deportation is a ridiculous way to argue a point. This case is not same as the german-jew issue back in the 40's, so please stop trying to link two completely unrelated cases here. This debate is not about the importance of immigrants to a countries economy but what is actually happening in South Africa today with the huge influx of immigrants they have had to deal with and how the people are reacting to it. If you want a debate on immigration and it's advantages and disadvantages, start another thread and better still, make it about Nigeria.

It is precisely your lack of feeling that shapes your mindset. I am not suffering from any delusions of grandeur here. Why I stated  the obvious scenario of the outcome of your proposed solution to a countries immigration problem is precisely to paint how obnoxious it is to envision it without taking many factors into consideration.

The german- jew issue is ridiculous to you because you seem to see only see the obvious and not the implied. They are both related in many more ways than are unrelated.  if you understand that history does repeat itself in many forms you would understand the point I am trying to make here.

Your rational is that since the (poor) S. Africans (and I stress the POOR! because the people who are rioting and killing ain't living in no mansions )didn't ask for this problem they shouldn't have to deal with it and it is obviously zimbabwe's/Nigerian's problem to cater for its own people, Right. You agree with the "sentiments" and feelings of the S. African people and not the immigrants themselves, who really can't help the predicament they are in either right?. but sure let them go back to their country and tough it out and watch their children starve and die. Have you ever seen the face of a dying child and then tell the parents to go ahead and stick it out its okay if their child dies its for the the survival of the nation. Human survival is a basic instinct and the picture I am painting for you is for you to put yourself in someone elses shoes, but you argue on the side of the S. africans for their survival and not the zimbabweans.

There are several avenues to solve such problems and likewise minimizing the bad after effects of what ever action is taken to resolve the issue. What you propose has been tested time and time again.Which is why the Americans will not just round up 12 million illegals in this country and mass deport them even if that seems like the easiet road to take. Your point is if 10% of an entire population of zimbabweans are commiting crimes in S. Africa the best solution is to mass deport 100% of them or are you suggesting 90% of zimbabweans are commiting crimes in south africa, of course  you know thats not realistic cause that would mean over 2million of them are getting away with it,
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Uche2nna(m): 6:50pm On May 19, 2008
obiguy:

[/b]I must say that i am very surprised at the the news broken to nigerians by THISDAY news paper. I am a nigerian student studying here in south africa, and yes there has been some riots by south africans on other foreign nationals in the townships (ghettos) and [b]these are Zimbabweans and mozambiqueans, they are attacking zimbabweans most especially because of the flood of millions of zim people into sa illegally and you should also know that 80% of crimes committed in south african violently are done by zimbabweans and not to talk about the drug trade which are held in high stakes by our brothers here. Till now there hasn't been on case of a single nigerian either injured ir even killed in this whole mess and i read in THISDAY that people are brought down from buses and killed, this is just too much to say, I want to see where they got their sources from. Yes south africans have attitude problems with foreigners in their country in general, but[b] this recent attack is targetted at zimbabweans and have not affected even ONE NIGERIAN![/b]

This might sound silly and ignorant but I cant help but ask it. How do they differentiate other the zimbabweans from other Africa nationalities especially Nigerians.  undecidedGiven my personal experience of mob actions, they wont ask U to specify ur nationality once they suspect u are a foreigner.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On May 19, 2008
morpheus24:

It is precisely your lack of feeling that shapes your mindset. I am not suffering from any delusions of grandeur here. Why I stated the obvious scenario of the outcome of your proposed solution to a countries immigration problem is precisely to paint how obnoxious it is to envision it without taking many factors into consideration.

The german- jew issue is ridiculous to you because you seem to see only see the obvious and not the implied. They are both related in many more ways than are unrelated. if you understand that history does repeat itself in many forms you would understand the point I am trying to make here.

Your rational is that since the (poor) S. Africans (and I stress the POOR! because the people who are rioting and killing ain't living in no mansions )didn't ask for this problem they shouldn't have to deal with it and it is obviously zimbabwe's/Nigerian's problem to cater for its own people, Right. You agree with the "sentiments" and feelings of the S. African people and not the immigrants themselves, who really can't help the predicament they are in either right?. but sure let them go back to their country and tough it out and watch their children starve and die. Have you ever seen the face of a dying child and then tell the parents to go ahead and stick it out its okay if their child dies its for the the survival of the nation. Human survival is a basic instinct and the picture I am painting for you is for you to put yourself in someone elses shoes, but you argue on the side of the S. africans for their survival and not the zimbabweans.

There are several avenues to solve such problems and likewise minimizing the bad after effects of what ever action is taken to resolve the issue. What you propose has been tested time and time again.Which is why the Americans will not just round up 12 million illegals in this country and mass deport them even if that seems like the easiet road to take. Your point is if 10% of an entire population of zimbabweans are commiting crimes in S. Africa the best solution is to mass deport 100% of them or are you suggesting 90% of zimbabweans are commiting crimes in south africa, of course you know thats not realistic cause that would mean over 2million of them are getting away with it,

Keep working on trying to insult instead of following the debate that is going on on the thread. Whenever you come around growing up and realizing that the world does not only exist in your mind, you can maybe put aside your issues and join the actual debate then .
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 7:00pm On May 19, 2008
Uche2nna:

This might sound silly and ignorant but I can't help but ask it. How do they differentiate other the zimbabweans from other Africa nationalities especially Nigerians.  undecidedGiven my personal experience of mob actions, they wont ask You to specify your nationality once they suspect u are a foreigner.

No it's not silly at all
do Zimbabweans and Mozambiquans have 2 heads?
Is it not possible that a Nigerian could look Zimbabwean since different Nigerian tribes even look different from one another sometimes.
So Mr Obiguy [b][/b]is telling us that when the killers perhaps intercepted a bus load they would seperate the people by nationality before hacking them down? shocked shocked shocked
These killers do have time don't they?
patient area boys,they are

what about an earlier poster who says his relative was beaten into a pulp,was he a Mozambiquan look alike?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On May 19, 2008
Uche2nna:

This might sound silly and ignorant but I can't help but ask it. How do they differentiate other the zimbabweans from other Africa nationalities especially Nigerians.  undecidedGiven my personal experience of mob actions, they wont ask You to specify your nationality once they suspect u are a foreigner.

It turns out that other nationals are affected as well. Some Ugandans and somalians called in on BBC's World have your say to say they have friends who have been affected and who are non zimbabweans. Even some nigerians say that African foreigners are the target.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by tkb417(m): 7:05pm On May 19, 2008
@FBS
what are you saying?
that only the bad 9jas go to SA?

im laffing at u.

Do you know how many 9jas work in places like pwC, SAP, PhillipsConsulting, ABSA,motorola, Multichoice and some other good coys?

Get a feel of 9jas at Sandton and tell me wassup. Do you know how many notable 9ja architects are doing great in Jo'bourg?

ah!!! this is gruesome and should be dealt with accordingly.
what if we take to the streets tmr and smash der heads (South Africans)

as im typing, some are freaking moving around me feeling secured.
what if i secretly pay some street urchins to waylay us while we retire to our rooms?
what if i poison them?

this is really bad.

I think the govt needs to wake up and deal briskly with the issues of maltreatment to 9jas all over the world.

we all should put an end to these
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 7:07pm On May 19, 2008
tkb417:

@FBS
what are you saying?

im laffing at u.

Do you know how many 9jas work in places like pwC, SAP, PhillipsConsulting, ABSA,motorola, Multichoice and some other good coys?

Get a feel of 9jas at Sandton and tell me wassup. Do you know how many notable Nigeria architects are doing great in Jo'bourg?

ah!!! this is gruesome and should be dealt with accordingly.
what if we take to the streets tmr and smash der heads (South Africans)

as im typing, some are freaking moving around me feeling secured.
what if i secretly pay some street urchins to waylay us while we retire to our rooms?
what if i poison them?

this is really bad.

I think the govt needs to wake up and deal briskly with the issues of maltreatment to 9jas all over the world.

we all should put an end to these

are you minding him?
I saw that response too and wondered what he was drinking to make such a statement
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On May 19, 2008
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by savanaha: 7:10pm On May 19, 2008
So if African Nationals are being hacked how will they differentiated black non Africans. Also are all other races safe then?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 7:12pm On May 19, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Keep working on trying to insult instead of following the debate that is going on on the thread. Whenever you come around growing up and realizing that the world does not only exist in your mind, you can maybe put aside your issues and join the actual debate then .

Where is the insulting language in my post. Opinions are not insults. Saying you lack feeling is not an insult. Its an opinion. No if I called you "facist pig". Thats an insult but I never said that.

I am sticking to the debate here or am I now talking about afghanistan?

Hmmmm if thats your best response then you ain't worth debating with. Oh and thats not an insult either if your feels get hurt.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 7:13pm On May 19, 2008
I seem to be missing something here. Where these Nigerian deported or physically attacked/killed?

How does this relate to the Ghana must go saga? Or indeed the Nigeria must go which proceeded it?

How does deporting people relate to burning people alive and beating them to death? It has nothing whatsoever to do with eachother, its just a case of the usual Nigerian attitude of late to justify every negative thing metted out to Nigerians, simply because of how they themselves  dislike Nigeria/ns.

How about the Somalis and Zimbabweans who were killed? Was this "just desserts" too?

If next week, we hear of South African businesses being burned in Nigeria, which one of these people will be saying, after all they did it to us? None of them thats who.

My heart goes out to every individual who has either lost life, possession or family from this absolute tragedy.
The poor in South Africa have erupted into xenophobia and frustration simply because their own government has failed them. Foreigners (well at least the black ones) have been made scape goats.

SA earned the title of one of the most violent places in the world without help from immigrants, they are fooling themselves if they think the real issues dont lie with their own populace.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 7:31pm On May 19, 2008
londoner:

I seem to be missing something here. Where these Nigerian deported or physically attacked/killed?

How does this relate to the Ghana must go saga? Or indeed the Nigeria must go which proceeded it?

How does deporting people relate to burning people alive and beating them to death? It has nothing whatsoever to do with eachother, its just a case of the usual Nigerian attitude of late to justify every negative thing metted out to Nigerians, simply because of how they themselves dislike Nigeria/ns.

How about the Somalis and Zimbabweans who were killed? Was this "just desserts" too?

If next week, we hear of South African businesses being burned in Nigeria, which one of these people will be saying, after all they did it to us? None of them thats who.

My heart goes out to every individual who has either lost life, possession or family from this absolute tragedy.
The poor in South Africa have erupted into xenophobia and frustration simply because their own government has failed them. Foreigners (well at least the black ones) have been made scape goats.

SA earned the title of one of the most violent places in the world without help from immigrants, they are fooling themselves if they think the real issues don't lie with their own populace.

Well said Londoner, now we are getting people who are making sensible points on this forum and actuallly getting down to the bottom of the issue. More points please.

Ignorance is the worst disease known to man kind. Education is the key to emancipation.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by MVuchy(m): 7:49pm On May 19, 2008
what can i say

Any evil done by man to man must be redressed
if not now certainly later,
if not by man, government,
certainly by God.

For the victory of evil over Good is only but TEMPORAL.

my condolence to all Nigerians and every other person involved in this ugly saga.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by romeo(m): 7:51pm On May 19, 2008
tkb417:

@FBS
what are you saying?

im laffing at u.

Get a feel of 9jas at Sandton and tell me wassup. Do you know how many notable Nigeria architects are doing great in Jo'bourg?

Read the thread very well!! FBS did not say that, but one someelse did.

sheniqua:

are you minding him?
I saw that response too and wondered what he was drinking to make such a statement

biko go back and read his posts again cheesy
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by romeo(m): 7:54pm On May 19, 2008
Kobojunkie:

He did not insult you in any form!! rather he made very interesting points which you ingnored by attacking him without making any effort to respond!!

just my own opinion cool
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by romeo(m): 8:02pm On May 19, 2008
Make God punish them for killing innocent souls that came for a better life!!

Shame on all those foolish nairalanders that did not see anything bad with this atrocity! Responding to every post with a long meaningless post is their trademark. sighs angry
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On May 19, 2008
romeo:

He did not insult you in any form!! rather he made very interesting points which you ingnored by attacking him without making any effort to respond!!

just my own opinion cool

good for you then!!

Problem is if you try to link his so called points to the thread, you would understand why they are meaningless to this debate. Not a single person has said anything about deporting all immigrants being the solution here. SA government has a right to do that if that be the solution they choose for the situation. I do not understand why we would want to deviate from the current debate to start debating what immigration practises work and which do not work when we all know that there is no ONE FITS ALL solution to such problems.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30)

Clinton Hinote: We Are Out Of Time, China Has Caught Up / Niger Junta Threatens To Kill Deposed President Bazoum If U.S, ECOWAS Intervene / Jacob Zuma Caught Sleeping In Parliament (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.