Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,412 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:25 AM

Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! - Foreign Affairs (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! (44147 Views)

Disney To Boycott Georgia Over Gay Marriage Bill / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Ladies Boycott Every News Network, Demand Handsome Anchors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Go Down)

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 4:47pm On May 29, 2008
Infidels? God damn, you must be a muslim!!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 4:48pm On May 29, 2008
nope, im a GOD in disguise as a DOG
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 4:49pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

oh and one more thing. please can the nigerian authorities do something about the shitty email you guys send out from nigeria about sick billionaires wanting to move their wealth offshore.
come on, its just god damn irritating. It the type of monkeys raping crap the world can do without.

You are a Mugu for even reading the email. Greedy bastard you hear billions your mouth begin to water.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by savanaha: 4:49pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

oh and one more thing. please can the nigerian authorities do something about the shitty email you guys send out from nigeria about sick billionaires wanting to move their wealth offshore.
come on, its just god damn irritating. It the type of monkeys raping crap the world can do without.

Well until it has a phobia suffix attached to it, those emails will not be as big a deal as the xenophobic mentality of some SA. Mr. Mpele I realize that people made you look so foolsih last week you came back with a new I.D.  Just remember that those people are still around and you are still foolish so apart from I.D change nothing else has changed.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 4:49pm On May 29, 2008
dammit, this bloody thing is sensored.
i said, Infidels? You must be a "M"U"S"L"I"M
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by oziomatv(m): 4:51pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

nope, im a GOD in disguise as a DOG
 Your a confused white south african who lost his place of birth then resurfaced in south africa and the only way to settle down is to fight the innocent native south africans with your devilish APATHIED.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

i don't have a problem with people who are the legitimately, but all the people there who are illegal residents, i say, if you obeyed the law, you would be in a position where you had your shop looted or your bum pinched

I completely understand where you are coming from with the statement in bold. Don't you believe that this problem is best tackled by getting your government to work harder at expelling these people instead of the mob taking the law into their hands?? How do you claim uphold the law when you break the law to achieve your cause, whatever it is ?? ( not saying that you did but hoping that you understand what I mean)
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by savanaha: 4:54pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

i don't have a problem with people who are the legitimately, but all the people there who are illegal residents, i say, if you obeyed the law, you would be in a position where you had your shop looted or your bum pinched
mekile:

Infidels? God damn, you must be a a great one!!!

Mpele is also crazy, no wonder the different I.Ds for his different personality. Buddy go get labotamized with your blood thirsty pals and stop internationally disgracing your country. P.S silly Hooligan I am not a Mus lim just trying to show you the flaw in arguing Nigerians are destroying SA. That was before I recongnized that not all your brain signals are going the correct path. Nutt case hahaha.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by dee02(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2008
@MEKILE

I knew it was you MAAZI MPELE
you are the one with laughable names that dont make any sense
You were battered with so much abuses last week but still you brought back your gay ass to get some more
You don craze oo i swear!

No make i swear for u ooo, u fucking oxy-slowpoke!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 4:55pm On May 29, 2008
@Mpele, I see you are back. Had a nice weekend?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by dee02(m): 4:58pm On May 29, 2008
londoner:

@Mpele, I see you are back. Had a nice weekend?

i dont think he did becoz he came back possessed, bloody homo!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 5:08pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

Yeah you do and so do your country men. you can't deny that SA have had a history of hatred and intolerance that has existed and still continues to exist in the society for a long period and its not going away anytime soon.

Are you the only people who have to deal with foreigners in your country? Haba what is wrong with you?

It always starts with the illegals. Soon it will be the legal, then the unwanted, then the indians, then the coloreds, then the cripples, then the darker skin blacks, then the tall, then the short.

Unitl you alone are left in the country then you will satisfied. Numskull
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by savanaha: 5:12pm On May 29, 2008
morpheus24:

Yeah you do and so do your country men. you can't deny that SA have had a history of hatred and intolerance that has existed and still continues to exist in the society for a long period and its not going away anytime soon.

Are you the only people who have to deal with foreigners in your country? Haba what is wrong with you?

It always starts with the illegals. Soon it will be the legal, then the unwanted, then the indians, then the coloreds, then the cripples, then the darker skin blacks, then the tall, then the short.

Unitl you alone are left in the country then you will satisfied. Numskull

I don't know about the colourreds since Mpeke Mpele thinks that dark skin is bad maybe they will kill the dark SA.

First they came for illegals and I said nothing because I was not an illegal
Then they came for the legals and I said nothing as I was a SA so legal
Then they came for the whites and I said nothing as I was not white
Then they came for the Indians and I said nothing as I was not an Indian
Then they came for me and nobody was left to speak for me.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 5:16pm On May 29, 2008
savanaha:

I don't know about the colourreds since Mpeke Mpele thinks that dark skin is bad maybe they will kill the dark SA.

First they came for illegals and I said nothing because I was not an illegal
Then they came for the legals and I said nothing as I was a SA so legal
Then they came for the whites and I said nothing as I was not white
Then they came for the Indians and I said nothing as I was not an Indian
Then they came for me and nobody was left to speak for me.

You summarized my thoughts exactly.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 5:16pm On May 29, 2008
eiishhhh, come on guys, look on the bright side.

k donkey raping tribal kings, im off. enjoy the rest of your night.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SkyBlue1: 5:16pm On May 29, 2008
"Africa is suffering from lack of self worth". You won't get any arguements from me about that at all. And that issue has manifested itself in the most wicked of practices which you don't need to look all the way to south africa to see. Just look at nigeria. Giant of africa, giant of africa. Who are we trying to deceive? Yes africa has had it's own share of plundering and pillaging and all that and the countries where not formed naturally as a result of common interest, etc, we don't really need to go into all of that because we all know this. Hence i can only imagine how it must have felt after independence, that feeling of, finally having our own place that is our own and run by us. Needless to say, it is no longer that we have a place of our own but what we have done with that place. If your house smells of urine and it was just filled with garbage, any right thinking person will either clean it up or go and live somewhere else at the expense of living in another man's house. So what have we done with our own home? This low self esteem that african governments and countries seems to have, has made it quite easy for african governments or any body for that matter to divide the people. This low self esteem has also been capitalised on by governments who just rape the resources of their citizenry and the citizenry itself, knowing that the people are too easily divided and feel no self worth as a people that they will not act and will just receive any scraps from their own table as a priviledge. This is such a shame because i don't know anywhere richer than nigeria, rich in resources, rich in variety, rich in culture, rich in human resources, and rich in potential. If only we could focus on acting together to clean up our mess so that when someone comes here and suggests that the government sends helicopters (do they even have enough?) to go and bring troubbled Nigerians back home it won't sound so hilarious. Are you sure those people won't swim back to the place they were "rescued" from?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On May 29, 2008
Sky Blue:

"Africa is suffering from lack of self worth". You won't get any arguements from me about that at all. And that issue has manifested itself in the most wicked of practices which you don't need to look all the way to south africa to see. Just look at nigeria. Giant of africa, giant of africa. Who are we trying to deceive? Yes africa has had it's own share of plundering and pillaging and all that and the countries where not formed naturally as a result of common interest, etc, we don't really need to go into all of that because we all know this. Hence i can only imagine how it must have felt after independence, that feeling of, finally having our own place that is our own and run by us. Needless to say, it is no longer that we have a place of our own but what we have done with that place. If your house smells of urine and it was just filled with garbage, any right thinking person will either clean it up or go and live somewhere else at the expense of living in another man's house. So what have we done with our own home? This low self esteem that african governments and countries seems to have, has made it quite easy for african governments or any body for that matter to divide the people. This low self esteem has also been capitalised on by governments who just rape the resources of their citizenry and the citizenry itself, knowing that the people are too easily divided and feel no self worth as a people that they will not act and will just receive any scraps from their own table as a priviledge. This is such a shame because i don't know anywhere richer than nigeria, rich in resources, rich in variety, rich in culture, rich in human resources, and rich in potential. If only we could focus on acting together to clean up our mess so that when someone comes here and suggests that the government sends helicopters (do they even have enough?) to go and bring troubbled Nigerians back home it won't sound so hilarious. [size=14pt]Are you sure those people won't swim back to the place they were "rescued" from?[/size]

Now that is the best question anyone has asked in so many pages of posts.

We are quick to castigate those outside of our own shores for doing what we do within but at the end of the day, these people are more likely to move back to SA as soon as the situation dies down.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 5:19pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

eiishhhh, come on guys, look on the bright side.

k donkey raping tribal kings, im off. enjoy the rest of your night.
eiishhhhh, wena come back soon. We''ll be here waiting
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 5:26pm On May 29, 2008
Maybe they will swim back , or maybe they will realise that the grass isn't always much greener on the other side.

Off topic.

@ Skyblue Its good to see people advocating building Nigeria up, what do you hope to be doing in order to see Nigeria as you would like it?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Uche2nna(m): 5:27pm On May 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Now that is the best question anyone has asked in so many pages of posts. We are quick to castigate those outside of our own shores for doing what we do within but at the end of the day, these people are more likely to move back to SA as soon as the situation dies down.

We have Jews still living in Germany and Germans living in America.

Nigeria had a very brutal civil war yet the Igbos still found a way to be scattered all over Nigeria.

So whats ur point?  undecided
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On May 29, 2008
Uche2nna:

We have Jews still living in Germany and Germans living in America.

Nigeria had a very brutal civil war yet the Igbos still found a way to be scattered all over Nigeria.

So whats your point?  undecided

I believe the point is in my statement there. We need to look inwards even as we point accusing fingers at these people, which is what I have stated from the very beginning of this thread. Did you not read the statement not in bold?? Ibo's being scattered all over Nigeria is not reason for us to say that it is well in all of Nigeria then for the Ibos.  The problem in this case is not typical to one people in Africa but a continent wide issue that needs to be dealt with and we, within our own borders should take this time to reflect on how we treat our own as well.

Our people in SA continuet to sit as refugees in police stations and schools across the affected provinces, instead of coming back to Nigeria immediately, ever wonder why?? The jews can move out of iran in a split second, if all hell breaks loose there but how willing are you to do same if you the same happened here in the USA?

Demanding compensation when we are not compensated for the same within our own shores is hypocritical, to say the least. Demanding the government of SA apologize to our people when our own government does not even consider us humans is another hypocritical aspect of the argument that Nigerians should be treated like kings and queens.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SkyBlue1: 5:44pm On May 29, 2008
@londoner, there are so many places to start from i don't even know where to start and i have said quite a few times. If anyone here feels helpless maybe because they are not in the country or for whatever reason, the first step is to get involved. Instead of us just being commentators, we could get involved. Contact chairmen of your LGA, contact the speakers from your state, what are they doing? What was their stand on certain bills? What about the commisioner, what are they doing? We have never had this culture of getting involved with government, we are part of the government. The citizenry is part of the government and for decades that arm of government has also failed. We need to take back the country and place its control in the hands of "the people" again. Contact media if you can about stories, set up forums where issues like we discuss here can be discussed, on TV or radio or whatever, so that Nigerians who don't have internet acess can also ponder on such issues and get involved also. Just get involved, it is the a step to begin with.
@Uche2nna, there are germans in america and americans in germany, the point is they each have their own country in order and have a place to call home that does not incite frustration everytime they think about it. A home that actually loves them back. People always say when you criticize Nigeria then you don't like it or you are not being patriotic. I don't believe that. When people come here everyday to discuss isssues, then i rather believe it must be close to their heart. Hence when they get frustrated and all that, and vent and insult, it is this love and passion manifesting itself.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by otele(m): 5:46pm On May 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Demanding compensation when we are not compensated for the same within our own shores is hypocritical, to say the least. Demanding the government of SA apologize to our people when our own government does not even consider us humans is another hypocritical aspect of the argument that Nigerians should be treated like kings and queens.

i agree embarassed
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 6:00pm On May 29, 2008
so nobody is gonna have dstv then? its shit anyway, dunno why people pay that for a sat tv service which repeats the same program 200 times a day.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Uche2nna(m): 6:03pm On May 29, 2008
@ Kobo

We all know about Nigeria and its problems. Hell, I am a Nigerian .

However, if a problem arises in SA that requires the attention of the Government , I would not expect them to convene a conference to settle our own problems at home first before reacihng out to those in SA. The situation in SA hopefully has not taken the turn for the worse but if it does the Nigerian Government would be stupid to keep their mouth shut just because we have our own internal problems.

My point about the immigration stuff is that people would always migrate in search of greener pastures. You can't say there is no point evacuating people facing troubled times just because You think they would swim back when things become much calmer.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On May 29, 2008
Uche2nna:

@ Kobo

We all know about Nigeria and its problems. Hell, I am a Nigerian .

However, if a problem arises in SA that requires the attention of the Government , I would not expect them to call conference to settle our own problems at home first before reacing out to those in SA. The situation in SA hopefully has not taken the turn for the worse but if it does the Nigerian Government would be stupid to keep their mouth shut just because we have our own internal problems.

My point about the immigration stuff is that people would always migrate in search of greener pastures. You can't say there is no point evacuating people facing troubled times just because You think they would swim back when things become much calmer.

BUT IN NONE OF MY POSTS HAVE I MADE THE CLAIM THAT EVACUATING PEOPLE FACING TROUBLED TIME IS OF NO POINT. I don't even believe that so why would you assume that is a point I am trying to make I have made no such claim.

About the situation in SA, I liken it to the situation in Zimbabwe, a couple of months ago when Mugabe decided to use his power to override the will of the people. None of the African leaders were able to go straight up to condemn him, why?? Because over 98% of them did same to get in office today.

Look at the way we treat people suspected of crime in that country?? I happened to have witnessed people being burnt to death right there in Lagos and it happens to this day. The police rarely bats an eye to such and we move on pretending nothing happened. These corpses live there for days and even weeks, until the vultures come to clean them up and some claim we are a peaceful people, ridiculous!!! Yet, the same people who have seen and witnessed this same atrocities are those ooing and arrgghing at the site of the same being done in SA and somehow demanding respect.

We all know about Nigeria's problems is not enough reason for Nigeria to stand up and claim power when the same exact problems surface in other countries. I am not in anyway saying people should not be concerned about what is happening in SA today but I believe we have seen these sort of problems way too many times in that continent to have done something by now.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by dee02(m): 6:14pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

so nobody is going to have dstv then? its shit anyway, don't know why people pay that for a sat tv service which repeats the same program 200 times a day.

Shove your DSTV right up your great gran booty crease rude bwoi!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 6:26pm On May 29, 2008
Sky Blue:

@londoner, there are so many places to start from i don't even know where to start and i have said quite a few times. If anyone here feels helpless maybe because they are not in the country or for whatever reason, the first step is to get involved. Instead of us just being commentators, we could get involved. Contact chairmen of your LGA, contact the speakers from your state, what are they doing? What was their stand on certain bills? What about the commisioner, what are they doing? We have never had this culture of getting involved with government, we are part of the government. The citizenry is part of the government and for decades that arm of government has also failed. We need to take back the country and place its control in the hands of "the people" again. Contact media if you can about stories, set up forums where issues like we discuss here can be discussed, on TV or radio or whatever, so that Nigerians who don't have internet acess can also ponder on such issues and get involved also. Just get involved, it is the a step to begin with.
@Uche2nna, there are germans in america and americans in germany, the point is they each have their own country in order and have a place to call home that does not incite frustration everytime they think about it. A home that actually loves them back. People always say when you criticize Nigeria then you don't like it or you are not being patriotic. I don't believe that. When people come here everyday to discuss isssues, then i rather believe it must be close to their heart. Hence when they get frustrated and all that, and vent and insult, it is this love and passion manifesting itself.

Every Nigerian criticises Nigeria, what we need is hands on deck. How many who were born there and aquired skills are willing to go back and invest their skills? The truth is not many, ESPECIALLY the ones who criticise the loudest. The truth be told, they are no use to Nigeria, practically, because they have already written the country off.

I would like to see small scale initiatives for wealth creation in Nigeria spearheaded by those who say they want change. We could tackle one social ill in turn. We can even volunteer our services to motherless baby's homes or sponsor skills aquisition programs for children who hawk on the road, even voluntering for the Rochas foundation.

The truth is, there is alot the ordinary citizen or descendent of Nigeria can do, even without the governments help. Most actually use the criticism of the government (although deserved) as a smokecreen for their own complacency where Nigeria is concerned.

You'll find most have no intention to help to create the Nigeria they claim they would like to see.

The evils of Nigeria is still no reason to say that what happened in SA should not be seen as a bad thing, it is.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 6:30pm On May 29, 2008
Sky Blue:

I wish it was that easy to get involved wthout risking assasination and sudden death.
Do you know how many Nigerians that have perished and left their  widows and kids here in the USA because they wanted to get involved and save their homeland.
A distant relative of mine went home and met a local Govt chairman that was his classmate and proposed that he'll take an extended vacation from his job in the USA and come home for 6 months to clean up the heaps of dirt in his city without pay ,the only condition was that he'll handle the budgeting and oversea the contracts to the sanitation dept and they simply laughed him to scorn and said he'll put sand in people's garri.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SkyBlue1: 6:34pm On May 29, 2008
@londoner, forget about other people, what can those who want to do something do? I also don't think it is fair to condemn people who might not be so eager to go back to Nigeria when compared to others who are given the state of the country and how dificult it is to do anything there in the first place. The feeling of you must know somebody important or have a lot of cash to bribe people, etc. However,  really do feel that nairaland, especially this political section can be more than just a place for social commentary. I feel it can be so much more and can be used as a means to bring people together to do something substantial and make a difference. Among our discourses i feel it won't be difficult to come up with ideas on plans of actions or things to do, either together or individually. And no one said that Nigeria being the way it is justhifies what happened in S.A. Where did you get that conclusion from?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 6:35pm On May 29, 2008
Another friend of ours had his Mercedez Benz shot up by assasins in his own village,it was a miracle he survived.
They took refuge in a busy market and these killers went from stall to stall looking for them with machine guns and bullets in rambo style thank God they didn't see them.
He quickly returned and abandoned his dreams of making a difference.
My friend and sister in the Lord had her husband murdered in Lagos same way.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SkyBlue1: 6:38pm On May 29, 2008
@sheniqua, i hope that has not discouraged you from doing anything or getting involved? It just means the approach might have to be different, but i believe we are all of sound mind and can come up with ideas, i really do believe this. We have to get involved if we are to act. It might just have to be a different way of getting involved because i am sure there are also stories of people who went back and did something succesfully. Case in point, a good number of succesful businesses in lagos were started by Nigerians in diaspora who went back and got involved. the approaches seem endless

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30)

Russia To Build A Nuclear Power Plant In Burkina Faso (Photos) / Clinton Hinote: We Are Out Of Time, China Has Caught Up / Robert Mugabe Agrees To Step Down, Negotiates For Grace To Leave Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.