Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:31 AM

Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 (42863 Views)

Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba / Jonathan At The Nigeria Army Day Celebration In Abuja / Nigerian Army Day Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 12, 2013
someone who claims to know about guns is posting Yahoo answers as their source. Not a fan of the AK unless it is in a"spray and pray" environment. If there distance between soldiers, precision will win the day if one is behind an M4. countries that have lower training standards use AK for training its military.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by tutaboi(m): 11:05am On Jul 12, 2013
with all dis Boko haram still dey buga
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 12, 2013
jusRadical:

Grandpa because of your age, you find it difficult to make comparism.
There are different guns for different ocassions. M14 is a long range rifle while AK47 is midrange rifle. AK47 is more reliable and easier to assemble and use. M14 is an american gun so americans will also rate it very high but AK is not an american gun.

If AK47 is not reliable, why are people still using it today, despite the fact that it is older than M14.

Its cheap. that is why. only irregular armies use it and third world countries. WOW u really dont know anything
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by ogb5(m): 11:09am On Jul 12, 2013
checks out of thread, too many ignorant people who will not just listen and learn
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by sobaemma(m): 11:09am On Jul 12, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

A lot of people don't argue reasonably jare. How can they compare Naija to US and all, we're just developing nao. And I think naija's armory @ this level is quite impressive. If anything goes wrong in africa, naija can rule the whole africa put together.

Its a statement of fact that naija has one of the best military around the world (land soldiers)

We only have lesser force in AIR and SEA and those things are damn expensive. Why would we want to plunge all our resources into arms when we're not @ war.

Ask the german or american military, they respect the Nigerian army, they know wetin dem eyes see from those ecomog boyz in Liberia.

E just pain me say after all these display, boko still dey terrorize us.
hahahahahahha,lol,nigeria rule africa in terms of miltaryare u 4 realsee 4get the peace keeping issue and the au top rating of nigeria,is because of our population,u dont expect us to bring 2000 troops,and niger 200,ghana,400,and they will place them above us,if u think nigeria is that super why did they fought just a tribe 'biafra' that just got independence for few days with no plan of war ahead of them for almost 3 years with the help of the arabs and cant defeat,even when they had no foreign support,they only won afters years through blocking food supply send to them,so nigeria military cant fight??imagine we had war with another nation not a tribe that we dont ve access to their food supply,so wotz next?to me that cowadice act wont work,so dont protray nigeria military as if they are something while they are nothing
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by redcliff: 11:12am On Jul 12, 2013
[size=14pt]These are ceremonial outfits na. Naija get marine crew? shocked grin[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by size38: 11:18am On Jul 12, 2013
These APC and war equipment are all outed pls. Cannot be used in fighting modern wars. They are only meant to be used in fighting petty wars like fight Boko haram in d north, street Agberos and Area boys in d south west, petty creek oil pipeline vandals and ye-ye militants in d south- south and hungry kidnappers and untrained MASSOB in south East.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by victorD3: 11:20am On Jul 12, 2013
Like it or leave it this is thesame military with hardware that are used to restor peace allthrough Africa.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by saviola77(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2013
jusRadical:

Don't mind them. Nigerian military is still among the best, if not the best, in africa.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, Nigerian Military is ranked 4th in Afica behind Egypt, South Africa and ETHIOPIA!!
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by longjon: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2013
Vektor CR-21. Made in South Africa

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 11:27am On Jul 12, 2013
sobaemma: hahahahahahha,lol,nigeria rule africa in terms of miltaryare u 4 realsee 4get the peace keeping issue and the au top rating of nigeria,is because of our population,u dont expect us to bring 2000 troops,and niger 200,ghana,400,and they will place them above us,if u think nigeria is that super why did they fought just a tribe 'biafra' that just got independence for few days with no plan of war ahead of them for almost 3 years with the help of the arabs and cant defeat,even when they had no foreign support,they only won afters years through blocking food supply send to them,so nigeria military cant fight??imagine we had war with another nation not a tribe that we dont ve access to their food supply,so wotz next?to me that cowadice act wont work,so dont protray nigeria military as if they are something while they are nothing

you are very ignorant sir. War is won by strategy not just guns and bombs. it doesn't matter how they won it but they won anyway. Egypt that is rated as number one, can you tell me how many war they've won? with all their weapons Israel still uses them to play ludo. the south Africa that is respected, how many wars have they fought and won? the only war they faced was the bush war which they lost during the apartheid regime.

can you point out which conflict the almighty US have intervened in and resolved peacefully "i mean the countries are living peacefully right now"
but Nigeria's interventions in SL and Liberia brought lasting peace to those countries and they still thank Nigeria for it.(even though British tried to claim responsibility through their biased media).

guy, appreciate your military cos they stay awake and risk their lives so you can go to sleep with you two eyes closed.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 12, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
My God This is garbage...even a 1980 M1 Abrams tank is much better than these garbage you call military hardware......what are

people in scuba gears gonna do? You should even be ashamed to show this crap as military hardware...please remove all

these pictures they are distasteful.....there are more like military crap ware....Nigeria should dismantle its military

and contract it's defense to the Chinese government. Those tanks look like tanks for the U.S civil war area...and there

were tanks in the civil war...SHAKING MY HEAD...and why in the world is the Nigeria military still using AK-47? that gone

is a piece of crap..so inaccurate...all these pictures makes me sick..
bloody traitor do u pay ur tax..n ure here complaining y not see d good side of tinz..bastard oloribooruku omo ale..omo jati jati..werey omo abi pabe...i hate people who are so backward n stupid...av u seen a tank before...can u shoot an Autovat Kalashnov.. A gun that is still rated on the world's top 10 deadliest guns..give credit to ur nation..we are Jst 50+ years...thank God 4 d little u av..d shredded tanks u say makes our military d most superior on the continent...Wonder what bastards like u ar still doing in Nigeria...d war u pray 4 in Nigeria would neva com..n if it coms u n ur family n all d people like u that never pray 4 Nigeria to get better but only condemn would b the first casualties of war obliterated from the surface of our beloved n prosperous soil...Useless tin..don't let me lay a spell on that u putrid head..fooll...Better days are coming Up Naija
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by 25Calibre(m): 11:30am On Jul 12, 2013
chris365:

can you be more specific cos you sound incoherent here. are you talking in terms of gear or just the gun?

I'm saying special forces shouldn't be using AK-47s, I don't care if its only the Nigeria army using it.

AK-47 is now ubiquitous, almost anyone can lay hands on that rifle, most rebel groups use AK-47s. How can you call yourself special forces when there is nothing special about your force? Special forces and rebels using the same gun, where is the sense in that.

There are many very powerful, accurate, high velocity, light weight, reliable rifles out there, there is no excuse for using Ak-47.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Longeria(m): 11:31am On Jul 12, 2013
ogb5: a little of these we were able to force Boko haram to start begging for peace. That's all that matter now.

We are not planning to invade the US so why spend so much money on modern day war machines when a lot of people are jobless and civil infrastructures are in shambles.

Fix the economy first, military hardware can come later
May the Lord bless your "hard work" during this cold weather with TRIPLETS. Do you know that USA military budget for a year alone is more than our national budget in five years. I remember when Jonathan budgeted 900 billion just 5 billion dollars to improve military, we saw what ACN imbeciles spewed out of their mouth. I've seen previous parade, Nigeria military has better equipment than these, in military you don't showcase your best.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2013
25Calibre:

I'm saying special forces shouldn't be using AK-47s, I don't care if its only the Nigeria army using it.

AK-47 is now ubiquitous, almost anyone can lay hands on that rifle, most rebel groups use AK-47s. How can you call yourself special forces when there is nothing special about your force? Special forces and rebels using the same gun, where is the sense in that.

There are many very powerful, accurate, high velocity, light weight, reliable rifles out there, there is no excuse for using Ak-47.

couldnt have said it any better
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 11:34am On Jul 12, 2013
longjon: Vektor CR-21. Made in South Africa

is this the weapon south african army used in central africa that rebels killed almost all of them with old and rusty AK47? don't advertise your cowardly army here please. post your pictures somewhere else, this is about Nigerian army
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 12, 2013
Crassus:

Its cheap. that is why. only irregular armies use it and third world countries. WOW u really dont know anything

Please, go the link below.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_AK-47_and_M16

Americans will always route for their products. M rifles are of american origin, while the AK ones are of Russian origin.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by hunter21(m): 11:35am On Jul 12, 2013
duni04: Most of the tanks were procured from second hand shops in downtown shanghai. How can u b even posing with scuba diving gear or parachute that some 16yr old's in some countries can use. Later they'll award 1 billion naira contract to buy 10 parachutes, height of stupidity
Bros, in which shop in shangai do they sell T-72s and scorpion tanks.
Do they just display them them like automobiles or they crate them like mobile phones at alaba?
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 12, 2013
jusRadical:

Please, go the link below.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_AK-47_and_M16

Americans will always route for the products. M rifles are of american origin, while the AK ones are of Russian origin.

I am getting tired of teaching you everything read the Rifle evaluation study charts. on the same page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_AK-47_and_M16#Rifle_evaluation_study
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Aringarosa(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2013
HAH: Despite all this Boko Haram is resisting them, to an extend they have to agree on both side seize fire.

Who is fooling who ?

Some of you should get yourselves a little education in the art of war.

The JTF is not fighting a conventional war, they are fighting a gorilla Warfare, the enemy is not in a military fatigue, they are insurgents, terrorist, they are in civilian clothing hiding among civilians.

It is not easy to fight a (gorilla warfare), you 'll need a specially forces who are specifically train to fight such.

If in doubt, ask the US military in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by 25Calibre(m): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2013
Crassus:

I am getting tired of teaching you everything read the Rifle evaluation study charts. on the same page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_the_AK-47_and_M16#Rifle_evaluation_study

I'm telling you! Every now and then we keep having this debate, I keep hearing some people say AK-47 is this and that bla bla bla, I just take it they are ignorant.

AK-47 is good, but there are far better out there

Only someone insane would compare a 1950s rifle to a modern day rifle. They should go to the streets of America and see brand new AKs being sold for less than $200

I'm tired of lecturing some people
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by ocheejemb: 11:46am On Jul 12, 2013
Aringarosa:

The JTF is not fighting a conventional war, they are fighting a gorilla Warfare, the enemy is not in a military fatigue, they are insurgents, terrorist, they are in civilian clothing hiding among civilians.

It is not easy to fight a (gorilla warfare), you 'll need a specially forces who are specifically train to fight such.

guerilla not gorilla
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by eminence13(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2013
saying this saying that ...once ombatse fortifies those hard ware they will become invinsible .... lmfao
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 12, 2013
Aringarosa:

Please, tutor them very well.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 12, 2013
25Calibre:

I'm telling you! Every now and then we keep having this debate, I keep hearing some people say AK-47 is this and that bla bla bla, I just take it they are ignorant.

Only someone insane would compare a 1950s rifle to a modern day rifle. They should go to the streets of America and see brand new AKs being sold for less than $200

M16 is an improvement on M14. There are newer versions of the AK47 series; AK74, AK103, etc.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 11:59am On Jul 12, 2013
25Calibre:

i sincerely share your view. am one of those that have criticized the army through a high ranking relative about the AK being demeaning to the special forces. and he told me that the modification was delayed due to DICON unable to get license to do that. the army is trying to use weapons they can maintain and reproduce instead of importing them. aside from the outdated AK, these special forces are very well trained and have all other gears a special forces can handle. trust me cos i know.

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
25Calibre:

So M16 is a 2013 gun? Your M16 was made in 1957. You will find out that it was quickly substituted with M14. My friend google. If you are comparing more modern guns, compare them modern versions of AK47.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by stildude(m): 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
Chikeziehosan: bloody traitor do u pay ur tax..n ure here complaining y not see d good side of tinz..bastard oloribooruku omo ale..omo jati jati..werey omo abi pabe...i hate people who are so backward n stupid...av u seen a tank before...can u shoot an Autovat Kalashnov.. A gun that is still rated on the world's top 10 deadliest guns..give credit to ur nation..we are Jst 50+ years...thank God 4 d little u av..d shredded tanks u say makes our military d most superior on the continent...Wonder what bastards like u ar still doing in Nigeria...d war u pray 4 in Nigeria would neva com..n if it coms u n ur family n all d people like u that never pray 4 Nigeria to get better but only condemn would b the first casualties of war obliterated from the surface of our beloved n prosperous soil...Useless tin..don't let me lay a spell on that u putrid head..fooll...Better days are coming Up Naija
Hey man, couldn't click like o ur comment cos of the tone/choice of words however i click love to ur point.

This argument, I see is between Hollywood movie enthusiasts, weapons/military scholars or enthusiasts, on one hand and military/ weapon experts, military personnel, and patriots on the other hand. Well, I find myself inclined to join the latter. Any point I make now will only re-echo the ones made already. From my little knowledge of weapons and strategies, You don't expect the NM to put up their best hardware for the world to see. Countries rarely do that except when trying to achieve a 'gun boat diplomacy'. As for the AK effectiveness, the weapon is not crap. when compared with other modern more accurate weapons, it still has it advantages. Kudos to the Nigeria Military! Well let's see those of our neighbors, then we can come back here and comment.
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Aringarosa(m): 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
oche_ejemb:

guerilla not gorilla

Thanks! My bad!
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Longeria(m): 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
sobaemma: my son keep quiet,an idea of south africa miltary worldwide is u dont display ur heavy weapons otherwise world powers or neighbouring countries will take u to the un,do u think u.s will tell u how many nukes they ve??my uncle is a citizen in south africa and he is in the army there,so my son''coughs'just be a gud boy ok
so your 21 years uncle is a cleaner in South African Amy, small boy, why didn't you go to school today. Mtcheewww

Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by Diamondwriter(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
Re: Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 by chris365(m): 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
please whatever you do, do not mess with these boys ooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dickson Iroegbu: "Should Nnamdi Kanu Be Harmed, Nigeria Shall Burn" / Posting Of New Commissioners Of Police Announced By Arase (see List) / Buhari Endorses Dapo Abiodun As Ogun Governor, Amosun's Thugs Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.