Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

In Love With A Local Girl! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Love With A Local Girl! (1535 Views)

ENDTIME: See What This Girl Did To 2 Guys At A Local Pool (photo) / 11 Signs That He Is Madly In Love With You / I Am In Love With A Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Love With A Local Girl! by Kirinwa: 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
Guys check out this scenario.You see a local/village girl you like.You really love the girl but the dressing,hairstyles,behavior,language of the girl are archaic.

In simpler terms, how can you upgrade or love-vendor a local /village girl you love?
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
may i ask: what did you actually like about this girl if there were so many negative points about her?!
wouldnt it be simpler to just walk away and find someone that fits your desires in a mate?!

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by DExplorer1: 9:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
MBJ bro, i think there's a twist to his case. He actually loved the 'local' girl but not alright with her demoded lifestyle.
@OP, It's simple, identify what you like/love about this girl, appreciate her on it while you 'work on her'. . .upgrading isn't easy and that's because she has lived years of her life 'feeling good' about her lifestyle. You coming in to change that demands process and patience. If you truly love her, then, that's much possible to get done.
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by kreamidiva(f): 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
Worlds apart (part 3). Featuring,Kirinwa,MBJ,D Explorer....
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by Sanboy25: 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
If you love her, you also love her "archaic behavior" no ? It's part of the packaging... undecided
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by Mynd44: 4:10am On Jul 17, 2013
Sanboy25: If you love her, you also love her "archaic behavior" no ? It's part of the packaging... undecided
True. But he might love certain characters she displays like her culinary skills, her humility etc but he might not like her grammar and dressing.

@OP, check if she is willing to change and BEFORE things get serious, ask her to but don't try to force her.

Personally, I think you should let her be as it is not a good idea to try to change anyone to your taste but you can try as she might also want to change for herself in the first place
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by starlightRR(m): 5:39am On Jul 17, 2013
Op am lost here....what is love? Some ladies/guys do say love conquers all

I think you are on the long thing cheesy cheesy...pls allow this girl to live her life

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by gulfer: 6:41am On Jul 17, 2013
aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ you not a local guy yourself with this your question? If she fits your ideal girl, go ahead and upgrade her to †ђξ next level. Even yÓur first lady was once a local girl and Ω̴̩̩̩̥αw challenges more polished persons.grin
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by 190: 7:17am On Jul 17, 2013
a local girl uhmmm No thanks

so what does she sell

cashew, mango or bole tongue
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by k2039: 8:13am On Jul 17, 2013
If she is not ready to improve on her archaic behaviour, move on.

You know the picture you have of your ideal girl, just go for it, never settle fot less (that's the best way to avoid irritation).

Personally for me, I can't settle for an archaic girl, I don't care how beautiful you are (we don't need another Patience Goodluck).
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 17, 2013
D-Explorer:
MBJ bro, i think there's a twist to his case. He actually loved the 'local' girl but not alright with her demoded lifestyle.

bro, thats what makes her a "local" girl, remove that and you probably have someone completely different. you cannot say:" i like this bush lady, but i will change her so that she has Nikki Minaj swag"....no cant do, lol!
nobody should ever try to upgrade people in such a manner, and on such important points as behavior, her definition of beauty (aka hairstyle), language etc. if you change all the above then you have a COMPLETE different person.
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by Kirinwa: 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
You got my drift.
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by Kirinwa: 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
You got my drift.

Mynd_44:
True. But he might love certain characters she displays like her culinary skills, her humility etc but he might not like her grammar and dressing.

@OP, check if she is willing to change and BEFORE things get serious, ask her to but don't try to force her.

Personally, I think you should let her be as it is not a good idea to try to change anyone to your taste but you can try as she might also want to change for herself in the first place
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by Kirinwa: 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
190: a local girl uhmmm No thanks

so what does she sell

cashew, mango or bole tongue

lol
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by DExplorer1: 9:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

bro, thats what makes her a "local" girl, remove that and you probably have someone completely different. you cannot say:" i like this bush lady, but i will change her so that she has Nikki Minaj swag"....no cant do, lol!
nobody should ever try to upgrade people in such a manner, and on such important points as behavior, her definition of beauty (aka hairstyle), language etc. if you change all the above then you have a COMPLETE different person.
A complete different person and a better one. You see bro, these people we call 'archaic' knows the in things but kept to fate because they can't afford them. Being archaic mostly comes with being poor, a comfortable lady understand trends and got 'exposed' friends to enlighten her except she's stucked to religious beliefs. I got your point, but i think this' not about 'changing' a person but 'making' her better; her looks, lifestyle and whatnot. If she's demoded, she could want to be free and 'meet up' if a dude can truly love and be patient for the process. MBJ bro, even village girls knows that living in centuries backward is gross but who's gonna love and help? The issue now is, many of those we never gave a chance are better lovers than those we picked by our supposed 'standards' cheesy

1 Like

Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
LOL.
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
D-Explorer:

A complete different person and a better one. You see bro, these people we call 'archaic' knows the in things but kept to fate because they can't afford them. Being archaic mostly comes with being poor, a comfortable lady understand trends and got 'exposed' friends to enlighten her except she's stucked to religious beliefs. I got your point, but i think this' not about 'changing' a person but 'making' her better; her looks, lifestyle and whatnot. If she's demoded, she could want to be free and 'meet up' if a dude can truly love and be patient for the process. MBJ bro, even village girls knows that living in centuries backward is gross but who's gonna love and help? The issue now is, many of those we never gave a chance are better lovers than those we picked by our supposed 'standards' cheesy

yep, probably a better one (in your own mind) but she would always remain who she is deep down inside. characters have no financial inclination, if you are disrespectful when poor, then you will equally be disrespectful when rich. if you are ghetto when poor, then you will only be a rich ghetto person. these women's character can never be changed, they will certainly pretend to be different (because of you) but the day she is fed up with either you or fed up with acting, she will quickly turn back to what/who she really is.

now here is something for you: if the gal is "archaic" yet meet a guy that is as ghetto as she is, do you think he will think she is perfect (since they are both alike), OR think she should change?!

what you see as "better" may not be what i (or anyone else) defines as better too. what makes you think (without a shadow of doubt) that this lady wants to change OR that she would feel better about herself being who YOU want her to be?
Re: In Love With A Local Girl! by Kirinwa: 5:52am On Jul 19, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

yep, probably a better one (in your own mind) but she would always remain who she is deep down inside. characters have no financial inclination, if you are disrespectful when poor, then you will equally be disrespectful when rich. if you are ghetto when poor, then you will only be a rich ghetto person. these women's character can never be changed, they will certainly pretend to be different (because of you) but the day she is fed up with either you or fed up with acting, she will quickly turn back to what/who she really is.

now here is something for you: if the gal is "archaic" yet meet a guy that is as ghetto as she is, do you think he will think she is perfect (since they are both alike), OR think she should change?!

what you see as "better" may not be what i (or anyone else) defines as better too. what makes you think (without a shadow of doubt) that this lady wants to change OR that she would feel better about herself being who YOU want her to be?

Insightful.Food for thought.

(1) (Reply)

How To Tell If He Really Loves You / Why Are Guys Quick to Suggest Abortion? / 13 Weird Fact About Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.